Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,174

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Winston Smith

Columbia, MD

#156382 Aug 26, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Your little fairy story directly above is charming and makes for good homosexual urban legend, but it has nothing to do with the facts, I'm afraid.
Gay folklore has it that the science on homosexuality was a vast wasteland of ignorance until the "Rosa Parks" of the Gay Liberation Movement, Evelyn Hooker, came along in 1957.
Gay folklore leaves out the fact that for the 60 years preceeding Hooker the APA based its classification of homosexuality as a mental disorder NOT on whim and caprice but hundreds of psychological and psychiatric studies; leastwise, this is the opinion of noted American psychiatrist, psychoanalyst, physician, educator, and author Dr. Charles Socarides.
And please note Socarides is both a psychiatrist and psychoanalyst, unlike Hooker, who was a psychologist alone.
As I say, in his book, Sexual Politics and Scientific Logic: The Issue of Homosexuality writes Socarides writes the following:
<quoted text>
In other words, Winston, your make-believe story of Hooker pulling the cloak of ignorance from everyone's eyes is just a gay fairy-tale. By the late 1960s the APA was in possession of hundreds of scientific papers that showed just the opposite of Hooker's paper. Indeed, Hooker's work was just the one the gay activists of her day decided to pump-up and promote -- as well as supply the hand-picked homosexual subjects for.
There's more, Winston, but since you're not the brightest guy around, I'll be spoon-feeding slowly ... very slowly.
So, do you grasp what I'm saying so far, son?
I just love your MO, Gary. "You're wrong and I'll show you why later." Very effective technique. Especially when followed by nothing of substance. Carry on though. Don't let honesty get in your way either.
Winston Smith

Columbia, MD

#156383 Aug 26, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Children are the product of marriage. Raising children by the kid's mother and father is a value given by the social ideal of marriage. Not a requirement, a result. The most effective way for a single mother to raise her family from poverty, is to marry the father of her child. If young people would complete high school, find a job, marry and then have children, there would be less poverty.
Life's not perfect, but it's good to have ideal models, like marriage as one man and one woman. Sorry if you can't deal with that, but it doesn't make you a bad person.
Brilliant!

If everyone who had a child was married, and a good parent, there'd be no need for adoption and there'd be no step parents. However, that ain't a realistic expectation. There are horrible parents out there. Divorce happens. That is reality. Sorry if you can't deal with that, but it doesn't make you a bad person.
If everyone had a high paying job, there'd be no poverty. Unfortunately there are a lot of not so well paying jobs out there as well as unemployed folk. Sorry if you can't deal with reality, but it doesn't make you a bad person.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#156384 Aug 26, 2012
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>So you agree, having children is not a requirement of marriage. The question is this. Why Do you keep bringing it up as if it where? y guess would be you don't have a valid argument to deny same sex marriage. Carry on asshat.
I'll agree as soon as you show me where gays are required NOT to procreate as a condition for gay unions.

Can I suggest 'Denial' for your new post handle?

Smile.
Pokie

Covina, CA

#156385 Aug 26, 2012
Such a waste of time to paint over this.
Winston Smith

Columbia, MD

#156387 Aug 26, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll agree as soon as you show me where gays are required NOT to procreate as a condition for gay unions.
Can I suggest 'Denial' for your new post handle?
Smile.
This is hilarious! You're bargaining with a total stranger about whether or not marriage must include procreation (it doesn't, by the way). You really are a bit touched. You must be Gary's long lost twin.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#156388 Aug 26, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Children are the product of marriage. Raising children by the kid's mother and father is a value given by the social ideal of marriage. Not a requirement, a result. The most effective way for a single mother to raise her family from poverty, is to marry the father of her child. If young people would complete high school, find a job, marry and then have children, there would be less poverty.
Life's not perfect, but it's good to have ideal models, like marriage as one man and one woman. Sorry if you can't deal with that, but it doesn't make you a bad person.
Brian. Children are the product of sexual intercourse (or artificial insemination), not marriage.

You wrote:
"If young people would complete high school, find a job, marry and then have children, there would be less poverty."

Dear god, Brian!...or should I call you Pollyanna? Are you seriously THAT stupid?

Location hidden

#156389 Aug 26, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
This is hilarious! You're bargaining with a total stranger about whether or not marriage must include procreation (it doesn't, by the way). You really are a bit touched. You must be Gary's long lost twin.
Don't know what to do when gay twirl gets stopped in it's tracks by it's own tactics???

Guess ad homoan attacks is all you have left.

SMIRK.

“The Topix Legend of "GS"!”

Since: Sep 10

Yunited States, North America

#156390 Aug 26, 2012
WOW just WOW and you would vote for him knowing this?
Brian_G wrote:
Romney has pledged to nominate judges who will apply law as written instead of writing new laws to favor a mascot victim group. The election choice can't be starker; Obama's new view for America or Romney's faith in our Constitution.
R/R 2012
GoofBall

Covina, CA

#156392 Aug 26, 2012
Lets hear it again for the GS = goof ball who just posted, these people are just crazy.

Location hidden

#156393 Aug 26, 2012
GodSmacked wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if it was God, but something smacked you in the head hard!

#156394 Aug 26, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if it was God, but something smacked you in the head hard!
You would vote for a man that public stated this in order to take the country in a nonconstitution. direction. Do you not see how this is controlling the courts? Those who are on the courts have to make decision on the Constitution. not their own convictions of faith. To me that is communistic in nature and I refuse to ever vote for anyone that would do that to this great nation of ours.

#156395 Aug 26, 2012
GoofBall wrote:
Lets hear it again for the GS = goof ball who just posted, these people are just crazy.

It is crazy and how many countries like Argentina and Cuba lost all their rights yet those in this country donít see that at all. Making these small changes leads to big changes like the loss of the ability to bear arms.
Michelle Sucks

California City, CA

#156396 Aug 26, 2012
BARACK SWALLOWS
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

#156397 Aug 26, 2012
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>I keep searching for the law that makes procreation a requirement in marriage, so far no luck, how about you?
That's because you are a dummy. Searching for something you know doesn't exist.
YUK!YUK!YUK! "Reality" searching for stuff he knows doesn't exist. Then he complains to us he can't find it. What a dumbass!
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

#156398 Aug 26, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
You're reading an angelfire shill piece, numpty. Written by someone who's PhD wasn't in the field of psychology. Get that straight, alledged straighty. His, and your, blathering about the study group are a bit rich. The year was 1957. The prevailing attitude about homosexuals was on par with yours. A hate fest steeped in... wait for it... no scientific evidence. There had been no more 'proof' that homosexuality was a mental disorder than there had been proof that blacks and women were inferior to men, or that the genuinely mentally ill were possessed by demons. However, by 1957, it was still common knowledge that blacks were inferior and women were also a bit on the intellectually challenged side. The mentally ill, in spite of having been lifted from the category of possessed by demons were (and still are) irrationally feared by the general population. You sir, are perpetuating garbage from a bygone era (or should I say error). But I digress, finding a random sampling of homosexuals in 1957 would have been about as easy as finding a viable neuron in your head. It also appears that the woman you find in contempt had difficulty finding heterosexual individuals willing to partake in the study. I wonder why!
The bottom line is that you, and your latest shill for hatred, are missing the point of the woman's study. She got a sampling of gays and heteros to fill out some basic tests, like the Rorschach, and had others look at the results. Her findings were simple, gays couldn't be distingquished from heteros based upon some tests used to determine mental illness.
Find us a study conducted on a population you won't jump up and down about that refutes her conclusions. You must avoid hate groups like the FRC and mAssResistance though. They've already been shown to be biased, repeatedly. Hooker's 'bias' was based upon her experiences over the course of the two or so decades prior to her '57 paper. Specifically, she'd known gays and had yet to find one with horns protruding from their brow.
"Numpty" YUK!YUK!YUK! Not bad Winnie, not bad.
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

#156399 Aug 26, 2012
GodSmacked wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.

YUK!YUK!YUK!
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

#156400 Aug 26, 2012
WOW! Lotsa "Mean" "Incendiary" and "Racy"!

YUK!YUK!YUK! Racy!
Winston Smith

Silver Spring, MD

#156401 Aug 26, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know what to do when gay twirl gets stopped in it's tracks by it's own tactics???
Guess ad homoan attacks is all you have left.
SMIRK.
What tactics were those? Newsflash, sparky, I haven't been hangin' on to your every word. It isn't an ad "homoan" attack to point out the idiocy of one of your comments. You need to write some new jokes too, the gay twirl and ad homoan attack schtick is old and stale.
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

#156402 Aug 26, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
What tactics were those? Newsflash, sparky, I haven't been hangin' on to your every word. It isn't an ad "homoan" attack to point out the idiocy of one of your comments. You need to write some new jokes too, the gay twirl and ad homoan attack schtick is old and stale.
I like the "gay twirl" one, Aw C'mon Winnie, it's funny!

YUK!YUK!YUK!

Did you copy "schtick" from me Winnie? Don't fib now! I bet no one speaks Yiddish where you come from.

YUK!YUK!YUK!
really

Woodbridge, VA

#156403 Aug 26, 2012
?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wasco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Justice for Erika 56 min WIC Dept 6
gonzalo heredia 2 hr NNNN 4
Nessa zarate Ruiz 2 hr Fck a hater 4
keep a word drop a word game (Jan '12) 7 hr no one 1,321
melinda corrales 11 hr idk 4
yaneli from valley (Oct '13) 12 hr idk 5
got pregnant to keep a man 13 hr homie 40
Wasco Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web