Marriage equality supporters, opponents clash at R.I. State House

Feb 10, 2011 Full story: EDGEfireisland.com News Feed 24

Marriage equality supporters and opponents clashed inside the Rhode Island State House in Providence on Wednesday, Feb.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#2 Feb 11, 2011
Has anyone ever said HOW equal marriage rights will bring the downfall of society?? Will the recent marriage of one of our cardiologists have any effect on the people she treats? What other impact could there be????

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#3 Feb 11, 2011
All in all a good article. However, I have a problem with the structuring of two paragraphs.

"The Rev. Gene Dyszlewski, leader of the Religious Coalition for Marriage Equality - a group of 130 clergy from around the state, described marriage for same-sex couples as "Godís will."

"The wind of change is blowing and itís blowing in our direction," he said. "We need to pass marriage equality now because it hurts no one."

It appears that the second paragraph refers to the gentleman in the previous one. I highly doubt this is the case. Or did I mis-read the article? I have to go back and make sure.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#4 Feb 11, 2011
My apologies. I did, indeed, misread it. I should know better than to post comments before I empty the whole pot of coffee in the morning. It does refer to the same person, but his is for marriage equality, not against it, as I first took it to say. Sorry to waste my fellow readers time.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#5 Feb 11, 2011
Groups like NOM continue to promote that marriage is of God. Nothing but a bunch of "F"ing lairs! Marriage as we know it today had been the work of the Catholic church I believe it was in 811 AD when the Catholic Dope, I mean Pope declared all marriages be held in a church before a priest.

I have yet to see any proof that same sex marriage will harm society. I wish these anti same sex marriage people would publish some accurate information as to how their hetero marriages will fall apart if I marry my girl. Thank God that I'm gay and able to see the world through the entire window and not through a pin hole in a piece of paper like religion does.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#6 Feb 11, 2011
Don't feel bad honey I had to read that twice myself and I already had 3 cups of coffee.
RalphB wrote:
All in all a good article. However, I have a problem with the structuring of two paragraphs.
"The Rev. Gene Dyszlewski, leader of the Religious Coalition for Marriage Equality - a group of 130 clergy from around the state, described marriage for same-sex couples as "Godís will."
"The wind of change is blowing and itís blowing in our direction," he said. "We need to pass marriage equality now because it hurts no one."
It appears that the second paragraph refers to the gentleman in the previous one. I highly doubt this is the case. Or did I mis-read the article? I have to go back and make sure.
trreeder

Riga, Latvia

#7 Feb 11, 2011
90.8 % of people who watched this video felt asleep instantly. A weird&nbspphemomenon that even scientists don't have a proper explanation for.

http://apps.facebook.com/flasleepinstantt/

P.S. This can also help you to get asleep when it's hard to.
Edit/Delete Message

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#8 Feb 11, 2011
Jalene in the wild wrote:
Don't feel bad honey I had to read that twice myself and I already had 3 cups of coffee.
<quoted text>
Lately I have noticed a slowing in my reading comprehension. So, I guess age has something to do with it, in addition to coffee. I suppose I am going to have to learn to read slower and digest the paragraphs before I go on to the next. I used to read a novel in a day or two, and now it takes me a day or two just to decide to read one.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#9 Feb 11, 2011
Hopefully Maggie Gallagher had the same effect on the Rhode Island legislators as she did in Maryland. One Maryland Senator said he changed his vote from a "no" on same-sex marriage to a "yes" after hearing the hatred & bigotry coming from NOM and other anti-gay groups testifying.

She's our best chance of getting marriage equality yet! Hopefully she can testify in front of the New York State Senate, and maybe even the SCOTUS!!

Go Maggie.......
Equality

Germany

#11 Feb 11, 2011
Why no homosexual 'marriage?'

1. It is a cruel lie with no real basis in homosexual life. No significant percent of homosexuals have 'married' in any country that allows it. Why add to the disillusionment with life that so often causes suicides among homosexuals?

2. Americans overwhelmingly oppose it. A growing majority of states have gone to the extreme step of enacting constitutional amendments to prevent rogue judges from forcing it into law.

3. No homosexual relationship shares the reasons for government involvement in real marriage. In some states, government didn't even register marriage until the latter part of the 19th Century, and then it was largely because divorce rates were rising economically and legally inferior women were left with their children for the state to support. Despite the fact that much has changed for women, they still remain on average paid much less than men and still are often left with children to support when a marriage ends.

4. No homosexual relationship produced children as a natural an usual result. When children are present in a homosexual relationship they are usually the result of a prior relationship. Even real marriage would not make pre-existing children the child of a new partner. In rare cases when courts allow adoption of a child by a homosexual 'couple', that relationship is specifically dictated by the court. A court may also allow dual parenting of an inseminated child if it deems it appropriate.

5. Most adults still marry and enter into a traditional marriage relationship. US Census data confirms that few same sex adults live in any sort of domestic partnership, much less a homosexual one. Data presented by Topix confirms that most homosexual 'marriages' are not even exclusive relationship, much less like a real marriage. One of the reasons that homosexual 'marriage' has failed to attract a significant percent of the homosexual population where legal is that it is extremely unwise for a homosexual 'couple' to get entangled in a huge body of law generated for very different relationships.

6. The traditional family remains the basic building block of American Society, so government has a legitimate interest is supporting it. It has no legitimate interest in being involved in any legal homosexual relationship.

7. As demonstrated with statistics from numerous countries and un-refuted by any poster in these fora, this all has precious little to do with anyone 'marrying.' The homosexual 'marriage' movement was concocted as a way of attacking the common morals of Americans in order to force acceptance of a lifestyle choice that most find damaging and immoral. The homosexual marriage movement has in fact done the opposite, generating increased hostility toward homosexuals, as a result of anti-democratic attacks on voters rights to dictate the legal definition of marriage.

8. Radical homosexuals have no more right to undemocratically force their philosophy of homosexual 'marriage' into law that Seventh Day Adventists would have a right to have their beliefs declared our national religion.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#12 Feb 11, 2011
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Hopefully Maggie Gallagher had the same effect on the Rhode Island legislators as she did in Maryland. One Maryland Senator said he changed his vote from a "no" on same-sex marriage to a "yes" after hearing the hatred & bigotry coming from NOM and other anti-gay groups testifying.
She's our best chance of getting marriage equality yet! Hopefully she can testify in front of the New York State Senate, and maybe even the SCOTUS!!
Go Maggie.......
Ya, Maggie, show the good people what a hateful woman you are. Your credibility is already in the >>>>>>> >

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#13 Feb 11, 2011
Equality wrote:
Why no homosexual 'marriage?'
blah,blah,blah....
And yet state by state we are passing marriage equality bills which allow same-sex couples to marry.

It must REALLY bother you that openly gay couples can have a healthy successful longterm relationship, when closeted self-hating homosexuals like you can't keep your fake heterosexual marriage together.

Btw, maybe if you hadn't sexually abused your own children your marriage might have had a chance......
Riffraf002

Boothbay, ME

#14 Feb 11, 2011
NOM has been called a hate group by the southern poverty law center. It is a hate group that creates a movement based on lies and false data to destroy the rights of gay people who pay taxes! We need to protest these bigots any time they rear their hate in the nation! Let's do what the people of Eygpt are doing we need a mass gay revolutionary movement!
Sir Andrew

United States

#15 Feb 11, 2011
Hey, has the Troll of Pekin, IL, moved to the UK? Or is this guy (Equality from the UK) just a new troll who has copied and pasted some of Pekin's old posts?

In an event, it's illiterate nonsense; just the thing we can expect from the anti-marriage equality bunch. They are so sad.

“Fight bigotry.”

Since: Feb 07

Toms River, NJ

#16 Feb 11, 2011
Good afternoon David Moore. Given your own failures in the marriage department, you have no credibility when you talk about our marriages.
Equality wrote:
Why no homosexual 'marriage?'

David's cut and paste lies snipped for accuracy

“Fight bigotry.”

Since: Feb 07

Toms River, NJ

#17 Feb 11, 2011
Same troll, different name (as always), and now using anonymous proxies because he knows damned well that he's persona non grata here at topix.
Sir Andrew wrote:
Hey, has the Troll of Pekin, IL, moved to the UK? Or is this guy (Equality from the UK) just a new troll who has copied and pasted some of Pekin's old posts?
In an event, it's illiterate nonsense; just the thing we can expect from the anti-marriage equality bunch. They are so sad.
John S

United States

#18 Feb 11, 2011
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Hopefully Maggie Gallagher had the same effect on the Rhode Island legislators as she did in Maryland. One Maryland Senator said he changed his vote from a "no" on same-sex marriage to a "yes" after hearing the hatred & bigotry coming from NOM and other anti-gay groups testifying.
She's our best chance of getting marriage equality yet! Hopefully she can testify in front of the New York State Senate, and maybe even the SCOTUS!!
Go Maggie.......
Thats Ms Magpie thing to you.
Daven

Germany

#19 Feb 11, 2011
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet state by state we are passing marriage equality bills which allow same-sex couples to marry.
It must REALLY bother you that openly gay couples can have a healthy successful longterm relationship, when closeted self-hating homosexuals like you can't keep your fake heterosexual marriage together.
Btw, maybe if you hadn't sexually abused your own children your marriage might have had a chance......
Do you really think your malicious fiction hides the fact that you cannot refute even one of the points made and that your horrible, hate based attack on the morals of the American People remains exposed as fraud?

Hurling your perversion as an insult only exhibits your own self hatred.

“Fight bigotry.”

Since: Feb 07

Toms River, NJ

#20 Feb 11, 2011
Well, it looks like David Moore, troll from Pekin, IL is now relegated to posting late at night when he thinks that nobody will call him on his crap.

The only hate based attacks are yours, get the help you so clearly need.
Daven wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really think your malicious fiction hides the fact that you cannot refute even one of the points made and that your horrible, hate based attack on the morals of the American People remains exposed as fraud?
Hurling your perversion as an insult only exhibits your own self hatred.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#21 Feb 12, 2011
Daven wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really think your malicious fiction hides the fact that you cannot refute even one of the points made and that your horrible, hate based attack on the morals of the American People remains exposed as fraud?
Hurling your perversion as an insult only exhibits your own self hatred.
LOL. And changing you name doesn't make you any less yourself, David, much as you might want it to.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#22 Feb 12, 2011
Daven wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really think your malicious fiction hides the fact that you cannot refute even one of the points made and that your horrible, hate based attack on the morals of the American People remains exposed as fraud?
Hurling your perversion as an insult only exhibits your own self hatred.
The fact remains you molested your own children and your wife divorced your pedophile ass because of it.

Meanwhile gays continue to get married every day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warwick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kugel Mesh Settlements (Jul '11) 7 hr Mayme22 528
Equalizer Hits the Theaters as Shots Hit the Cl... Tue Culture Auditor 1
State police arrest 9 on child pornography charges Mon Ola 1
Anyone a tequila lover? Mon RedheadJC 1
Two Teen Girls Face Child Porn Charges ... For ... (Mar '06) Sep 26 dad of 3 1,107
anyone wanna skype? (Mar '13) Sep 18 Female 18 11
Ohio Replaces Lethal Injection With Humane New ... Sep 14 NAAWP 1

Warwick Jobs

Warwick People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Warwick News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Warwick

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]