Dead body on service road in covered in white sheet on Monday afternoon??

Posted in the Warrenton Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
inquiry

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

Does anyone know specifics of the crime incident on Monday afternoon about 10 feet off service road, off 70 West bound? Not far from Dollar General --- Body covered in white sheet, LOTS of detectives and photographers on location? Crime tape, the "whole nine yards"? Looked like a scene from a horror movie!! I called the local authorities to inquire and all they could tell me, "...just watch the news tonight!" Well, I did and nothing as if this morning anywhere on the news??
gkr

Warrenton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

What? I have not heard that, however I did hear about a dead body found this morning behind Gastorf. I don't know any details - just heard about it at work this morning.
OMG

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

A second Dead body?
plf1956

Foristell, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

gkr wrote:
What? I have not heard that, however I did hear about a dead body found this morning behind Gastorf. I don't know any details - just heard about it at work this morning.
Sadly, I heard this was a suicide. Twenty-one year old male. That is all I know. I was wondering why there was no news coverage also. Perhaps the family would not allow it.
inquiry

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

Condolences to the family, I have also learned it was a suicide, I had no idea they treat such an unfortunate event like a crime scene. The crime tape, detectives, etc etc. added to the sad "drama", not mention the detours and the fact I was told my local authorities to "watch the news tonight"! Of course this would not be on the news, nor should it be out of respect. God Rest his soul!
anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

I saw the body WITHOUT sheet. Freaked me out and I've been trying to locate what happened online and via television since then. Can't find anything and it was not on the news. Riding as a passenger, going down the highway and couldn't believe my eyes. Many "detective" looking people in the area, yellow tape, police cars and no one near the body. Assume they did not want to compromise the scene.
inquiry wrote:
Does anyone know specifics of the crime incident on Monday afternoon about 10 feet off service road, off 70 West bound? Not far from Dollar General --- Body covered in white sheet, LOTS of detectives and photographers on location? Crime tape, the "whole nine yards"? Looked like a scene from a horror movie!! I called the local authorities to inquire and all they could tell me, "...just watch the news tonight!" Well, I did and nothing as if this morning anywhere on the news??
anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

Just read the other comments. So sad. God rest his soul.
two bodies in one day

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

which body was a suicide? the one off the service road or the one on Gastorf?? No one seems to know specifics?
Get Facts Straight

Warrenton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

I called the Sheriff today to get some specifics on all the stories I've been hearing regarding dead bodies. There was only one body, and it was on the North Service Road East of Warrenton. It was a suicide.

He said they have to treat all such calls as if they were a crime until they prove otherwise.

He said such matters are normally not publicized out of respect for the family.
plf1956

Foristell, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

Thank you, Get Facts Straight. Such a sad time for the family and acquaintances of this man.
who knows

Jackson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

anonymous wrote:
I saw the body WITHOUT sheet. Freaked me out and I've been trying to locate what happened online and via television since then. Can't find anything and it was not on the news. Riding as a passenger, going down the highway and couldn't believe my eyes. Many "detective" looking people in the area, yellow tape, police cars and no one near the body. Assume they did not want to compromise the scene.
<quoted text>
My experience was exactly like yours. I have also been trying very hard to find out what happened. I could tell the guy was fairly young and this whole thing really bothered me.
Anonymous

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

The person that you all are talking about, his name is Dustan Shipley. Still no one knows the reason that he did what he did. There is gonna be a benefit for him Friday night at the Caddy Shack in Wentzville for in memory of Dustan and if anyone wants to make any donations to the family you can drop it off at Caddy Shack.
who knows

Jackson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

Anonymous wrote:
The person that you all are talking about, his name is Dustan Shipley. Still no one knows the reason that he did what he did. There is gonna be a benefit for him Friday night at the Caddy Shack in Wentzville for in memory of Dustan and if anyone wants to make any donations to the family you can drop it off at Caddy Shack.
Thank you for the info. My heart goes out to his family. I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers. Him too. This is certainly something that I will never forget. Even though I didn't know him, it still broke my heart.
Anonymous

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2010

Same thing happened to me. driving down highway
with family members and saw bosy and then the police wrapping body in sheet. It was a horror to
see this scene and wonder what happened. Had to
block window and talk about soething else so children in the car would not see. I and my sister with me have been praying for the young man and the family. God Bless you. I am so sorry for you!
warren county res

Foristell, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2010

why would the officers say it was a suicide but not anything else.How irresponsible is that to say when it is still being investigated??No one will ever know because thats warren county officials on the drugs again.I am very sorry they can't report in a descent or professional way without the humiliation to familys.It will keep going on in this county and city untill they take each other out I suppose.

Jackson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2010

How did he supposedly do it?
friend of Dustan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

Apparently he shot himself. He had just turned 21 and finished school @ vatterott college. Doesnt make sense. he wouldnt do this to himself and to his friends. He was a great friend and cared a lot about people around him. No one knows for sure why.
just wondering

Jackson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

friend of Dustan wrote:
Apparently he shot himself. He had just turned 21 and finished school @ vatterott college. Doesnt make sense. he wouldnt do this to himself and to his friends. He was a great friend and cared a lot about people around him. No one knows for sure why.
I am very sorry for your loss.
Confused by your Logic

Warrenton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2010

warren county res wrote:
why would the officers say it was a suicide but not anything else.How irresponsible is that to say when it is still being investigated??No one will ever know because thats warren county officials on the drugs again.I am very sorry they can't report in a descent or professional way without the humiliation to familys.It will keep going on in this county and city untill they take each other out I suppose.
Your entire post makes absolutely no sense. You ask why the officer would say it was a suicide but nothing else. What else do you want or need to know? This person obviously shot themself. Nothing else needs to be released. It is private family matter. Problem with our society is they feed on blood, violence, and sex. There is no way to release this type of incident without further tramatizing the family and friends. The bottom line, it's not a public matter. Your statements about this community are bizzare, which further brings your entire post into question. Find another topic to display your ignorance. This post has serious direct emotional impact on local people. Leave them alone.
Some Girl

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2011

I didn't know this boy, but I have friends who did. He committed suicide.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Warrenton Discussions

Search the Warrenton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 5 min American Patriot 92,253
MO Missouri's Prop C: Voters Set to Challenge Heal... (Aug '10) 17 min who cares 18,912
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) Sun SURPRIZE 6,873
JoanieBear Neuls Apr 20 cher 5
d&h Apr 18 kenny 1
d&h mechanic Apr 18 kenny 1
MO Who do you support for Auditor in Missouri in 2... (Oct '10) Apr 18 guest 262
•••
•••
•••
•••

Warrenton Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Warrenton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance