“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#4277 Jun 7, 2012
firarms=firearms
CRWTB

United States

#4278 Jun 8, 2012
You can illegally own a firearm, but I don't know of any firearm that is illegal. What are some?
Law

Omaha, NE

#4280 Jun 12, 2012
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll not read 205 pages of posts to see what you previously posted. If you say you don't support the absolute right to own and use any firearm, illegal or legal, I'll take your word for it. Show me where I spoke up for the prior poster who said simply "guns kill". You'll not find that prior post, because I know that I didn't make it.
A morally honest guy would admit that a gun jump off the shelf prior comment was simplistic and silly. Then you assumed, in spite of my statement that I was a sportsman, that I needed to be protected by you. That isn't the case here. I have no fear of legal firarms, owned and used by responsible gun owners, yet you assume that I do.
If you are not a member of the Constitutional absolutists / "Strict Constructionists" bunch here, that believe that they have the right under the 2nd Amendment to own and use any legal or illegal firearm, then good for you. If, like these other fringy folks, you believe that there is or should be no firearm that is illegal, not so good.
Hey clueless, there's no such thing as a legal or illegal gun.

Location hidden

#4281 Jun 12, 2012
Law wrote:
<quoted text>Hey clueless, there's no such thing as a legal or illegal gun.
Hey dude, I said "firearm" above not "gun" above. If you had good reading comprehension skills, you would have noticed that. So you're telling me that it would be "legal" in the State of Kansas, for a civilian to own a 50 cal rifle? Prove it!

Location hidden

#4282 Jun 12, 2012
Haven't been on this thread for a while. Noticed that instead of posting here, to presesnt an opposing POV, the negative "Judge It" fairies visited! Wah! Hahaha!

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#4283 Jun 12, 2012
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dude, I said "firearm" above not "gun" above. If you had good reading comprehension skills, you would have noticed that. So you're telling me that it would be "legal" in the State of Kansas, for a civilian to own a 50 cal rifle? Prove it!
Yes in Kansas you can own a 50 caliber rifle.
Chris

Great Bend, KS

#4284 Jul 2, 2012
Hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they still do this, I would think they would at least carry a taser this day and age.
many iner city cops carry guns and those who dont have access to arms in seconds
Bob

Vancouver, Canada

#4285 Jul 4, 2012
Hmm wrote:
Speaking of roughshod, look at the cartels down south of the border. Not sure the Mexican police even want to mess with them. What's that all about?
And guess which government sold them the automatic assault rifles?
hmmmm

Everest, KS

#4287 Jul 6, 2012
I'll be voting yes!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#4288 Jul 6, 2012
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes in Kansas you can own a 50 caliber rifle.
So,'Very Cynical Person' makes the statement that in KS a person may own a .50 cal. rifle... and two respondents claim it is "spam", two respondents claim it is "clueless" and two respondents claim it is "nuts".

However the fact remains, the statement is none the less TRUE.

So, we appear to have some people out there who consider THE TRUTH as; Spam, Clueless and Nuts...

I think that just about says it all, don't you?

Shooting 50 Cal in Lawrence KS:
Impartial guy

Derby, KS

#4289 Jul 9, 2012
Firearms protect citizens from their own governments. It is an ability for the majority to insure their own individual freedoms. Fear is only a tool used to disarm a populus to help insure unanimous control over a majority. Our own government arms other nations to change policy. But pushes to remove from its own populus to ensure its own policies go unchallenged. We can use excuses like self protection and hunting as justification. But end up blurring the reason for an armed malitia. Government is not the perilous evil but a government that does not serve its constituents will historically eventually become the evil we fear. With out this freedom we become just a number forgotten within a culture losing more grip on its own unanimous rights. Firearms change policy. Firearms insure freedom. But it takes a populus with pride and faith in the constitution of this fine county to uphold and protect individual freedom. Division in politics and policy only uproot and destroy one common voice. Plus a good assault rifle well help fight off the zombie invasion. 50 bmg is far to expensive in ammunition to justify protecting ones self from zombies. Stick to readily available and inexpensive platforms like sling shots, spears a decent sword, etc. etc..
door king

Corpus Christi, TX

#4290 Jul 11, 2012
Impartial guy wrote:
Firearms protect citizens from their own governments. It is an ability for the majority to insure their own individual freedoms. Fear is only a tool used to disarm a populus to help insure unanimous control over a majority. Our own government arms other nations to change policy. But pushes to remove from its own populus to ensure its own policies go unchallenged. We can use excuses like self protection and hunting as justification. But end up blurring the reason for an armed malitia. Government is not the perilous evil but a government that does not serve its constituents will historically eventually become the evil we fear. With out this freedom we become just a number forgotten within a culture losing more grip on its own unanimous rights. Firearms change policy. Firearms insure freedom. But it takes a populus with pride and faith in the constitution of this fine county to uphold and protect individual freedom. Division in politics and policy only uproot and destroy one common voice. Plus a good assault rifle well help fight off the zombie invasion. 50 bmg is far to expensive in ammunition to justify protecting ones self from zombies. Stick to readily available and inexpensive platforms like sling shots, spears a decent sword, etc. etc..
infuckingcoherant

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#4291 Jul 11, 2012
door king wrote:
<quoted text>
infuckingcoherant
To you apparently... whether from a lack of cognitive skills, or 'stiff-necked' ideology, I have little doubt YOU found the statement "incoherant"{sic}, or possibly counter to your personal beliefs and in you mind what you stated probably sounded a little less bias and partisan than stating you disagreed with the statement and possibly face the charge to support your difference of opinion.

However, I guess we should all count our blessings you merely claimed the statement was “incoharant”{sic}, rather than some of the other claims that often follow an opinion like the one you responded to.
Jimy Page

Wichita, KS

#4292 Jul 11, 2012
When you get into a discussion on firearms you get a multitude of opinions. 10% pro bear arms...10% plain stupid people who think we should not have guns...and 80% radicals who actually hurt the campain to retain the right. Ive spot read some articles and Im truly amazed where some people come from to get to the same place. My thought...If make owning guns a crime than only criminals will have them.
door king

Corpus Christi, TX

#4293 Jul 12, 2012
"However, I guess we should all count our blessings you merely claimed the statement was “incoharant”{sic}, rather than some of the other claims that often follow an opinion like the one you responded to. "

A gerbil and a typewriter would have done better.
Greatness

Junction City, KS

#4294 Jul 12, 2012
The illegal drug trade causes enough deadly crime in this country. I couldn't imagine what an illegal gun trade would cause in the event all gun trade became black market.

I don't see how banning guns will make it a safer place to live. A ban is not the answer, but better regulation, training, and certification requirements come to mind if it is truly an issue at all.

Aside from that, protection from home invasion is a crock of $#1T. I have not known a single person that has had to shoot a legitimate home invader. I have however known a few people that have fired upon innocent folks, like a deaf paperboy. sad!

I don't own a gun, but do have double-locking windows, outside motion detectors, deadbolts, and one hell of a loud security system. Don't really feel like a need a gun to feel safe.

food for thought...
john

Hutchinson, KS

#4295 Jul 12, 2012
Greatness wrote:
The illegal drug trade causes enough deadly crime in this country. I couldn't imagine what an illegal gun trade would cause in the event all gun trade became black market.
I don't see how banning guns will make it a safer place to live. A ban is not the answer, but better regulation, training, and certification requirements come to mind if it is truly an issue at all.
Aside from that, protection from home invasion is a crock of $#1T. I have not known a single person that has had to shoot a legitimate home invader. I have however known a few people that have fired upon innocent folks, like a deaf paperboy. sad!
I don't own a gun, but do have double-locking windows, outside motion detectors, deadbolts, and one hell of a loud security system. Don't really feel like a need a gun to feel safe.
food for thought...
if you don't think you need a gun it is because you have never really seen the face of evil
Dumbo

Saint Charles, MO

#4296 Jul 17, 2012
4,123 pages of mostly NO votes and blogs on WHY NO .Just Google Britian Gun Ban and you will see a REAL LIFE EXAMPLE of what WILL happen no some FANTASY of what COULD happen . WAKE UP AMERICA your LIFE DEPENDS ON IT !!!!
door king

Corpus Christi, TX

#4297 Jul 20, 2012
Re: Aurora. Another great day for gunphucks.
who cares

Lyndon, KS

#4299 Jul 21, 2012
What would of or could of happened in the shoting in Colorado if someone would have had a gun and shot this man who killed 12 people and fifty some shot? Well we will never know but as it stands that could have gave some or a lot of people a better chance.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wamego Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KS Kansas Voting Disqualification Amendment - Ment... (Oct '10) 1 hr wjz 266
KS Who do you favor in the Kansas governor's race? Fri bill 200
Cost of living in Manhattan, Kansas (Jan '07) Aug 20 Sunny Sunflower 37
Nichols Set for Arraignment Jul '14 Abc 1
Review: Brookfield Residences (Sep '09) Jul '14 Abc 16
Manhattan Music Thread (Apr '12) Jul '14 Musikologist 14
Renting in Manhattan Jul '14 PurpleSquirrel 3
•••
•••
•••