Woman dies in fire at her Norwood home

Jun 2, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: San Angelo Standard Times

A 24-year-old woman has died in a two-alarm fire at her Norwood home. The Norfolk County District Attorney's Office said Lauren Ayala died Monday in the fire on Tremont Street.

Comments
1 - 20 of 29 Comments Last updated Dec 27, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
re Lauren Ayala

Walpole, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2008

Judged:

What was the cause of this fire ??
re Lauren Ayala

Walpole, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2008

why was the cause of this tragedy not updated??
norwood fire

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2008

2 months later and no clue as do why this home burned and young lady died ?
Why Why Why

Monomoy Island, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2008

Handycap, mentally retared 24yr old home alone. Where were her parents.... Brothers...... Family..... I heard this wasnt the first time this young woman was home alone and wondering the streets.... poor girl she never had a chance!
Jamaica Plain

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

this girl was neglected,call department mental retardation and ask...Ask Gary next door... what a disgrace. She should have been in a home where she was cared for,Tremont st will never be the same.
Brookline

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

Judged:

No one should judge her family, its not easy to work and care for a sick daughter like
Lauren,bills need to get paid,its unfortunate.
Norwoodman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2008

There were some shady dealings going on with her brother and sister like them dealing drugs. the whole thing is suspicious, i don't blame the parents because they are never around and usually working, but there was definitely drugs being dealt out of that home.
Noreen Weymouth MA

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2008

Only GOD can judge. Until you walk a day in any of thier shoes let us not judge anyone in this family. Please say a prayer for Lauren & her family. Diane my heart goes out to you and your family. This is a terrible tradegy. I'm sorry to hear for your loss.
Norwoodman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2008

Judged:

I will say a prayer for Lauren and her family and hopefully this tragedy straightens her family out and they stop breaking the law. But I do agree with Jamaica Plain above that Tremont St. will never be the same, because since this family has been gone there have been no drug deals on my street or suspicious activity. Hey Noreen, until you live a day on my street with drug deals and suspicious activity then you should not judge!
Norwoodgirl

Walpole, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2008

Judged:

Norwoodman I agree , alot of shady dealings, her brother, his girfriend and the gang all thieves and drug users and dealers. This SPECIAL girl had no chance to survive. Tremont st will never be the same its a shame someone is dead and life is the same for her family. Why havent the authorities given the cause of fire ??? The neighbors miss getting their homes broken into and their ipods, and cars stole. hopefully they go back to the porojects///
re Lauren Ayala

Walpole, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2008

Judged:

I live on Tremont St.. and I am moving The house is creepy .. I still wonder everyday why that girl needed to die such a tragic death, and our town authorities have not told us what happened ? Some suggest neighbors burned them out.... or a way to point the finger away from the true negligence . I feel sorry for any one who sees that house and feels as creepy as I do.
love of Lauren Ayala

Walpole, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

Judged:

the insurance rewarded Brandon Ayala with a new SUV nice big white truck, drugs has never been easier ! so as their house is rebuilt from an old house needing rehab, they will have a brand new home top to bottom & the neighbors sit and still ask ,WHY ???? Why did Lauren die ? The break ins, & suspicious activity is quiet. for now, but they will be back. Insurance investigate the neighbors about the true negligence of this family. Brandon commented that the neighbors burned them out because we didn't like them.... they came to Norwood from the projects,criminal activity for a year.. now the fog sits over the house where Lauren was left alone and burned to death, they avoided the press.... but are here to collect the money. Still no obituary, no tears, just life moving on with out sweet lauren. How do they sleep at night ? I am moving before this house is done... its disgusting what they got away with ....
lauren ayala norwood

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2008

After reading the blog here its disturbing to say the least. Assuming nothing has been released to the public, its fair to say that there is an impending investigation... DA is getting their ducks in a row... please contact local authorities if anyone sees anything suspicious. Lets not let this brand Norwood and run our citizens out of their homes.
lauren ayala norwood

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2008

Judged:

On December 12, 2002 at 10:35 p.m., Officer Lipson was on patrol in the area of Cypress and Boylston Street when he observed a male subject peering out of an alleyway at 370 Boylston Street. Officer Lipson, who circled back to investigate, saw the subject walk away from the area and then observed an additional two subjects exit the alleyway, ducking when they spotted the cruiser. As he approached the two subjects, Officer Lipson observed one of them throw a handful of jewelry to the ground and also noticed several plastic bags filled with valuables lined up along the alleyway. They were caught in the act. The three local youths, later identified as Brandon Ayala, Devin Porter and Jesse Rivera, had just broken into the One Love Consignment Shop at 141 Cypress Street and were trying to make off with a fur coat, a winter coat, a pair of jeans, a telephone, a telephone/answering machine combo, 27 compact disks and 55 various pieces of jewelry. The two suspects were interviewed at the scene and Officer Lipson was able to ascertain the identity of the third accomplice, who was found a short time later at his home on High Street. All three suspects were arrested and charged with breaking and entering in the night with the intent to commit a felony and larceny over $250. Due to Officer Lipson's attention to duty, alertness and proper follow-up, three local thieves were arrested and a large amount of valuables returned to the owner. Officer (now Detective) Lipson is to be commended for his work in this case.

The above are examples of the excellent police work that has been done over the past several months by the men and women of the Brookline Police Department. These officers are to be commended for their efforts in keeping Brookline a safe place to live, work and visit.

Daniel C. O'Leary
Chief of Police
lauren ayala norwood

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2008

FAMILIAR NAME ?
dalton norwood

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2008

Does anyone know why this special girl was left alone ? Although I read her death was due to smoke inhalation , why if she was under the care of a state agency was she left alone ? did she have some insurance policy ? this family is a disgrace .. they always left her alone, she wandered off quite a few times,she always was wearing the same clothes for days, and her hair was always clumped up and looked dirty. the house had more suspicious activity going on, parties,
music , cars,drugs, Norwood police and the dept of mental retardation have been out numerous times and yet they never cleaned up their act, and this precious life was lost on MEMORIAL DAY... during the day..... I pray Lauren's soul is at rest. what a horrific life she had from what I saw, and her death was just as bad.
lauren ayala norwood

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2008

At least no one can hurt her anymore. Thats a blessing in of itself. The people who she depended on to keep her safe, allowed this tragedy to happen .
Norwoodman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2008

I will contact the police 10 times a day on ANY suspicous activity i see coming from this house until they are finally put away for their crimes. I did notice that someone there the other day was driving a brand new $40,000 white chevy tahoe. Interesting to say the least, but i will not let these idiots run me out of my home and I hope that I can count on my neighbors to do the same!!
norwood girl

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2008

Now this thing gets worse by the day... are you saying this was fraud ? couldnt they have just bought a new truck as a coincidence? Some guy was working on the house without a building permit....with illegal aliens doing the work . doesnt speak English... Called big inspector. There were 6 TVS in the driveway.... did anyone see the red house ? they moved out after this creep squatted in there with his coked out friends.
AYALA FAMILY

Walpole, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2008

Norwood girl what coincidence?$40,000 is alot for a 2 parent working family, how does this kid who drove a 300- junk box now have a luxury vehicle.... no job.. always doped up, who would hire him? This whole situation is becoming very clear. its easy to ask not to let them run us out of our homes but who can sleep at night hearing the car engines in and out of there.. wondering if theyre coming back... and what next.. why dont they take their money and go somewhere else... Norwood will never be the same. Tremont st will never forget that horror..
I know I will call the police every time I see something not right .. maybe they will get tired and stay away. that house should be torn down.
why would any loving parents want to live where their handicapped daughter burned to death . this makes no sense. Neighbors need to unite, and take back our street/ town.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Walpole Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Ferguson - Walpole, MA Aug 18 Ted 1
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Aug 16 Kundrot dionkie 1,163
Waxy O'Connors-BIG DISAPPOINTMENT (Nov '08) Aug 14 Tired of Dishonesty 140
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Aug 2 Kundrot dionkie 4,699
Famous Singer in Norfolk? Jul 24 Jacob 1
Lee Ann schuller Jul '14 Old friend 1
MA MA No Sales Tax for Alcohol Initiative, Question 1 (Oct '10) Oct '13 Darryl 159

Search the Walpole Forum:
•••

Walpole News Video

•••
•••

Walpole Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Walpole People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••