Trick-Or-Treat Nights in the Lehigh Valley -- themorningcall.com

Alburtis: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 31 Allentown: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 26 Allen Township: 6-8 p.m. Oct. Full Story
First Prev
of 13
Next Last
wondering

Scranton, PA

#1 Oct 15, 2007
Who decides when kids will trick or treat? Why is it scheduled on a school night? Wouldn't it make more sense (and be more fun) to have it on a Friday or Saturday night??
Gimmie Candy

Kintnersville, PA

#2 Oct 15, 2007
Why don't they all have it the same night also? To avoid everyone from everywhere besides the neighborhood they live in coming to your door

Since: Jul 07

Lehigh Valley, PA

#3 Oct 15, 2007
Gimmie Candy wrote:
To avoid everyone from everywhere besides the neighborhood they live in coming to your door
I think you hit it exactly.

The purpose is to allow the kids of center city Allentown, to roam the suburbs in search of even more candy, on subsequent nights.

I am surprised on the number of out-of-area mini-vans that drop off their kids at the start of a street, only to pick on them at the end of the steet, and drop them off again on the next street.

Lehigh Valley, PA

#4 Oct 15, 2007
wondering wrote:
Wouldn't it make more sense (and be more fun) to have it on a Friday or Saturday night??
No, it would make more sense to have it on OCTOBER 31. Just one night, and that is it. If you can't cover your usual ten towns in just that one night, tough luck.
unbelievable

Bangor, PA

#5 Oct 15, 2007
Those hard up for candy parents that drive the entire neighborhood pals to other neighborhoods should save gas,... go buy them a darn bag of candy at the store!!!!!!!!!!
coin this saddened

Allentown, PA

#6 Oct 16, 2007
those of us that are older, remember trick or treating on foot. In town you could cover plenty of ground in one night. with the uncertain criminal element that exists today in are center cities. parents obviously feel safer loading up and trudging their children to the burbs if for not better pickings, but for their children's safety.
mjm

Alexandria, VA

#7 Oct 16, 2007
I'm scared to let my kid go, I'm just going to let him dress up and hand candy out. Too many weirdos, you read about it every year...

“Howdy, Ya'll!”

Since: Feb 07

Allentown

#8 Oct 16, 2007
I live in a popular drop-off neighborhood, thanks the Morning Call for printing our location last year.(That totally brought in MORE riff-raff.)

At my door, the kids we know get awesome candy. Kids who are too old or are from out of town get the cheap stuff. Sorry, but we do play favorites. If more of my neighbors engaged in this type of favoritism, maybe the drop-off kids would go elsewhere. Who wants to drive to my neighborhood for candy corn??
abby

Allentown, PA

#9 Oct 16, 2007
MonkeyMomma wrote:
I live in a popular drop-off neighborhood, thanks the Morning Call for printing our location last year.(That totally brought in MORE riff-raff.)
At my door, the kids we know get awesome candy. Kids who are too old or are from out of town get the cheap stuff. Sorry, but we do play favorites. If more of my neighbors engaged in this type of favoritism, maybe the drop-off kids would go elsewhere. Who wants to drive to my neighborhood for candy corn??
where do you live so i make sure i don't let my kids go there?
JGirl

AOL

#10 Oct 16, 2007
Halloween folks. Should be on Halloween no matter what.
monkey momma

United States

#11 Oct 16, 2007
abby wrote:
<quoted text>
where do you live so i make sure i don't let my kids go there?
How bout trick or treating your own neighborhood?
heinrich

Reading, PA

#12 Oct 16, 2007
monkey momma wrote:
<quoted text>
How bout trick or treating your own neighborhood?
Then where will all the ghetto kids get their candy ?
Gimmie Candy

Kintnersville, PA

#13 Oct 16, 2007
heinrich wrote:
<quoted text>
Then where will all the ghetto kids get their candy ?
Bag grabbing how else
PA Girl

Fairport, NY

#14 Oct 17, 2007
Call me old fashioned but I think Halloween should be celebrated on Halloween in your own neighborhood.
JGirl

AOL

#16 Oct 17, 2007
PA Girl wrote:
Call me old fashioned but I think Halloween should be celebrated on Halloween in your own neighborhood.
Most places in most states do have it on Halloween. I always thought the entire country trick or treatedo n Halloween.....until I moved here.

“Tired of your shyt!”

Elkridge, MD

#17 Oct 17, 2007
JGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Most places in most states do have it on Halloween. I always thought the entire country trick or treatedo n Halloween.....until I moved here.
Are you Jersey Girl??

Since: Oct 07

Bethlehem,Pa

#18 Oct 17, 2007
how about having trick or treat on holloween?!?!
JGirl

AOL

#19 Oct 17, 2007
Boriqua hasta la muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you Jersey Girl??
Used to be.

Lehigh Valley, PA

#20 Oct 17, 2007
coin this saddened wrote:
... if for not better pickings, but for their children's safety.
Its for the better pickings.

Plus the fact that they don't have to reciprocate at all. They don't give out even one piece of candy, not one, to the kids of the houses they hit up.

"Take and not give" is the lesson being taught to all these kids.
JGirl

AOL

#22 Oct 17, 2007
golly gee wrote:
<quoted text> You got it - this is really stupid!!!!!!!!!!
I think a bunch should gather up a petition to some towns or the entire area to get Halloween done on Halloween & to knock of this BS & the BS excuses people have to changing the time. I mean really, maybe the local yokels buy it but I don't. If they can change that & use such lame exucses for doing it, thinking people will believe the excuses, then what else will they change? This is how it starts folks. Pretty soon they'll want to re-arrange Thanksgiving, Xmas, Easter, etc. so it coincides with everyone's schedules. Jesus, why not just pull a Robespierre & change the entire calendar. Bunch of wackjobs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walnutport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 1 hr Obamas Democratic... 3,993
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 1 hr Failed Dem Leader... 51,478
5K Earth Day Hippy Run/Walk blazes the... Wed ha ha ha 6
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Sep 15 Jeremy 183
Woman who led police on chase headed to trial Sep 12 Steelers Suck 5
Shopping Scout: August 19, 2009 (Dec '09) Sep 8 hampsoneric0 7
Police: Man physically assaulted nephew for 'hu... Sep 5 Tim the meth man ... 2
•••

Walnutport News Video

•••
Walnutport Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Walnutport Jobs

•••