Church or no church

Posted in the Walnut Ridge Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Faith

Jonesboro, AR

#1 Jun 29, 2012
Why do people automatically assume if you do not attend church you are a sinner and going to Hell? I've never understood this and was curious on what everyone else thinks on it too.
Super Troll

United States

#2 Jun 29, 2012
Well by their rules you are going to hell
Faith

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Jun 29, 2012
I think you can worship in the privacy of your own home just as well as you could at church, plus you don't have to worry about being judged.
me

Euless, TX

#4 Jun 29, 2012
Wherever people gather in my name, whether it be one or two or 3, I will dwell.
Renee

Euless, TX

#5 Jun 29, 2012
The Bible addresses and nessitates by word and example public worship. I'm sorry you may have had a bad experience and I can understand that. Church too often has become demonized, socialized secularized and corrupted. I would stay home also rathen than participate in such foolery. Try studying your Bible, pray about it and if sincere I believe the Bible to teach that God will guide you to the truth. If will be up to you to follow it. You may want to start a church in your home with a few of your family or friends. There were many house churches in New Testament times.
yeag

United States

#6 Jun 29, 2012
Renee that is a good idea. The people who critisize those who dont attend church are hypocrites because its gods place to judge, not theirs. Also i the church that i recently visited with family i had learned a level 4 sex offender attends. And im sorry but although christians are sopposed to go for the love of god and his word, but my number one priority is to keep my young children out of the path of such monsters, and some of those bad people i have seen and read about so many times, even ministers, hide behind god to get to young victims, so no just cause i dont attend church is not for anyone to judge, just GOD.
Super Troll

Sarasota, FL

#7 Jun 29, 2012
Its all BS. Most people are pressured into going by relatives or tradition. If God does exist I dont think he cares anymore.
Faith

Jonesboro, AR

#8 Jun 29, 2012
My thoughts exactly. I believe he is in your heart no matter where you are!
Duck

Euless, TX

#9 Jun 29, 2012
Faith wrote:
My thoughts exactly. I believe he is in your heart no matter where you are!
He ain't gonna be there if you don't let him in. If you rebel against him he will leave you.
Super Troll

Sarasota, FL

#10 Jun 30, 2012
Back in Bible times God made miracles happen. Not the stuff we claim to be miracles today. I mean real miracles like burning talking bushes, smacking a rock and water coming out, walking on water, parting the red sea, ect. He doesnt do that anymore. but God knew back then in order to be believed he must do miracles in order to be believed. Things are no different now. People need to see to believe. So dont blame them if they do not believe. They cant believe because they are lied to so much in the world that you must rely on proof...

There is a was to bring people to the church however. You can be the proof, by example. Right now Christians do not act any more virtious than non Christians. They look down on non church goers instead of trying to get non church goers intrested in church. Times have changed and the church must change as well. And the tactics must change too.
Faith

Jonesboro, AR

#11 Jun 30, 2012
Duck wrote:
<quoted text>He ain't gonna be there if you don't let him in. If you rebel against him he will leave you.
. When did I ever say he wasn't there?? I pray everyday, I just choose not to attend church because people have become so judgemental. I will never say I am perfect but I can say I do not judge people no matter what they do. That is not my job. Furthermore I believe we as humans are suppose to make mistakes it's all about life and learning.
Super Troll

United States

#12 Jun 30, 2012
Duck wrote:
<quoted text>He ain't gonna be there if you don't let him in. If you rebel against him he will leave you.
This is exactly what im talking about, you do nothing to encourage someone to go to church with statements like this.

Ash Flat, AR

#13 Jun 30, 2012
Faith wrote:
Why do people automatically assume if you do not attend church you are a sinner and going to Hell? I've never understood this and was curious on what everyone else thinks on it too.
Church time shouldn't be spent worrying about the people that are there. Church should be spent focusing on God. Judging is not up to you, me or anyone else but God himself.
Hmm

Jonesboro, AR

#14 Jul 1, 2012
I is better to sit with a hypocrit in church for a few years than sit with the devil for eternity.
Stupid

Ash Flat, AR

#15 Jul 1, 2012
Super Troll wrote:
Back in Bible times God made miracles happen. Not the stuff we claim to be miracles today. I mean real miracles like burning talking bushes, smacking a rock and water coming out, walking on water, parting the red sea, ect. He doesnt do that anymore. but God knew back then in order to be believed he must do miracles in order to be believed. Things are no different now. People need to see to believe. So dont blame them if they do not believe. They cant believe because they are lied to so much in the world that you must rely on proof...
There is a was to bring people to the church however. You can be the proof, by example. Right now Christians do not act any more virtious than non Christians. They look down on non church goers instead of trying to get non church goers intrested in church. Times have changed and the church must change as well. And the tactics must change too.
You believe in talking bushes? Hell, George couldn't even talk for crap!

Little Rock, AR

#16 Jul 1, 2012
If you Believe in the Bible you must believe in God.
If you believe in God you must believe in the Bible if so read first Corinthians chapter 13 it is about love if we go by what it says we would never Judge anyone we do not have the right.
People in Noah's day made fun of him to and in the end they were all destroyed.People made fun of Jesus to and even killed him.so don't worry about the people that judge you just feel sorry for them and pray for them
Faith

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Jul 1, 2012
guest wrote:
If you believe in God you must believe in the Bible if so read first Corinthians chapter 13 it is about love if we go by what it says we would never Judge anyone we do not have the right.
People in Noah's day made fun of him to and in the end they were all destroyed.People made fun of Jesus to and even killed him.so don't worry about the people that judge you just feel sorry for them and pray for them
. I like that. Thank you very much!
yeag

United States

#18 Jul 1, 2012
guest wrote:
That is so good! I Don't go to church and that's MY choice, whoever thinks I'm going to Hell can just think whatever because although they think I'm a sinner, is sinning yourselves for judging me on a choice I made for my family. All u Holy roller who like to throw god in everyones face is no better then the atheist who doesn't have god in their lives, but yet, god loves them also, because we are all children of god and he is going to love us no matter what our beleifs are.
WCRN

Euless, TX

#19 Jul 1, 2012
yeag wrote:
<quoted text>That is so good! I Don't go to church and that's MY choice, whoever thinks I'm going to Hell can just think whatever because although they think I'm a sinner, is sinning yourselves for judging me on a choice I made for my family. All u Holy roller who like to throw god in everyones face is no better then the atheist who doesn't have god in their lives, but yet, god loves them also, because we are all children of god and he is going to love us no matter what our beleifs are.
Just a thought, but I notice you talk in your comments about everyone else judging and you sure do a lot of it yourself. Sounds like you want your brand of religion, that you have found it, and that you are satified. I hope God is. Personally, I would encourage more Bible reading.
Fergus

Euless, TX

#20 Jul 1, 2012
Well, if that don't beat all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walnut Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Book Signing 9 hr foxtrotter 11
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 9 hr GuEst 30,027
Lawrence Co. votes against hosting state prison 14 hr Bones 21
walnut ridge rock crusher? 15 hr rick 3
pitt bulls 21 hr guest 91
Betty's restaraunt (Jan '14) Sun Jaja 28
Whats Dotson thinking!!! (Apr '14) Sun guest 40
Walnut Ridge Dating
Find my Match

Walnut Ridge Jobs