Higginbotham Funeral Service bought by Clell Cox.

Posted in the Walnut Ridge Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Little birdie

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

This is the facebook post:

After over 100 years of service to the community we are please to announce that Higginbotham Funeral Service has been sold. Mr. & Mrs. Clell Cox of Pocahontas has purchased the business from the Higginbotham Family. Starting today Cox-Higginbotham Funeral Homes begin serving the families of our area. Darrin Pinkston, Seth & Jessie Simpson, Zach Allen, and Letha Hufford will remain on staff continuing the high level of service which has been our hallmark these past two and a half years. Thank you for your continued support and trust in us. This will in no way interrupt our business. Should you have any questions please don't hesitate to telephone us.
Kiss and Tell

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

How can it be a high level of service when Pinkston and Simpson have been fined by the state board and told not to act as a funeral director or as an embalmer. Also is this not the same Cox that was very good friends with the Mrs. several years ago. The truth is the truth regardless of how you pain it. Some ole, same ole. Check the public filings with the circuit clerk and see what I mean. See who really is in charge.
Competition Speaking

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

Judged:

Kiss and Tell wrote:
How can it be a high level of service when Pinkston and Simpson have been fined by the state board and told not to act as a funeral director or as an embalmer. Also is this not the same Cox that was very good friends with the Mrs. several years ago. The truth is the truth regardless of how you pain it. Some ole, same ole. Check the public filings with the circuit clerk and see what I mean. See who really is in charge.
Mr House, must you take the opportunity to try and bash your competition? This is a trashy website to begin with and then you jump on the bandwagon to downplay your competitions business decisions in an attempt to gain business. Very sad! Go back to commenting on the other threads as you have been doing and leave your competitor alone. By the way, did Ricky give you permission to be on the computer?
Little birdie

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

Judged:

Regardless of what the state board charged darrin and seth, the level of service and respect since Darrin, Zach, Seth, and Jessie began working there has been evident by many families I've talked to, Darrin has his license in Alabama. I wouldn't blame him for not wanting to associate his license with that place. the ownership papers were signed monday. The higginbothams no longer have any control over the funeral home.
Interesting

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

Judged:

I think Cox and House are friends. I have seen them together at different times.
Wow

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Judged:

Wow. After all these years this really thrills me. Love the new sign!
Been Burnt Berfore

Coppell, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Judged:

Wow wrote:
Wow. After all these years this really thrills me. Love the new sign!
Its the same unlicensed people running it. This sounds more like a front than anything. I guess time will tell.
WRVOTER

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2012

Judged:

Interesting wrote:
I think Cox and House are friends. I have seen them together at different times.
Is there any reason they should not be friends. All business owners should be friends and work together for a better Walnut Ridge.
happy

Richardson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2012

Judged:

Just dealt with them a week ago and they was great!! Very respectful and did everything they could to comfort our family. They are a good group of guys to work with. They will help anyway they can
Unusual

Coppell, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2012

Judged:

MJ Higginbotham still owns the building, equipment, and insurance company. I worked there and I can tell you the workers there are real unusual and yes they are unlicensed and are paying a fine.

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

Little birdie wrote:
Regardless of what the state board charged darrin and seth, the level of service and respect since Darrin, Zach, Seth, and Jessie began working there has been evident by many families I've talked to, Darrin has his license in Alabama. I wouldn't blame him for not wanting to associate his license with that place. the ownership papers were signed monday. The higginbothams no longer have any control over the funeral home.

It's hard to hold a license in any state when you are a convicted felon!

Not licensed in Alabama, either.

Check the website:
http://www.fsb.alabama.gov/pdfs/2012/AlabamaA...
blah

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

you dont have to have a license just on the job training
Guest 1

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

blah wrote:
you dont have to have a license just on the job training
You just professed your ignorance. You have to be licensed in the state to be a Funeral Director and to be an Embalmer.

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

For anyone who is wondering, Little Birdie is Darrin.
Guest2

Hot Springs Village, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

The board should have followed through with the charges the first time they were reported for their actions back in 2009.
Policy Holder

Paige, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Cox fired his lady embalmer the other day. She fired everyone else that got fired and now she has gotten the ax, according to a past employee. Strange. I went by to pay by insurance and a note on the door at the Higgonbotham Ins. says they have moved the office to Hardy and the note gives a P.O. Box at Hardy. The Hardy funeral home is closed. So the Cox/Higginbotham relationship must have soured. I just hope the state protects my money.
director

Mebane, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

what the hell is going on in that crooked town'community......bunch of thieves !!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Walnut Ridge Discussions

Search the Walnut Ridge Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Hoxie Night Custodian Failed to Pass Background... 3 hr guest 9
Judges Race In Law Cty 3 hr Evelyn 45
Next County Judge 4 hr Dirt Farmer 14
Claims Against Higginbotham Funeral Home (Jan '12) 5 hr Concerned 27
cheating boysss 7 hr who 2
Best Bar B Q 7 hr Delicious 16
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 8 hr cookie monster 9,712
•••
•••
•••
Walnut Ridge Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Walnut Ridge Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Walnut Ridge People Search