Murder in Lawrence County

Posted in the Walnut Ridge Forum

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of236
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Facts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Sep 10, 2009
 
Yes there were 2 guys that robbed the Hostess delivery man behind the store as he was unloading. The motive was robbery and they shot and killed him. After the shooting they were chased and one of the suspects (Scott Holt) ran across the tracks and straight into the Police Department not realizing what it was. They were both caught and later sentenced for the murder.

Since: Mar 09

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Sep 10, 2009
 
still here wrote:
<quoted text>there has been a lot of unexsplained murders in law.co.
I think every one of these cases were solved, it has just been so ong most of us don't remember all the details.

If you knew the dates you could esearch the Times Dispatch arcives.
Guest

Victoria, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Sep 10, 2009
 
Arkie wrote:
<quoted text>
The elderly man you are refering toname was Weldon (I believe Holder) but everyone called him Bub he did work for the current Hay's after the other store closed and died a year or two back.
By the way everyone teases me about my typo spelling errors, I think you meant 'such not 'suck'. Actually I like to know I'm not the only one whose fingers get tangled in the key pad.
Bubby Holder is still alive and well. He came in my office last week.
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Sep 11, 2009
 

Judged:

1

The bread man was The Wonder Bread Man. And he was killed on the parking lot. Was a supposed robbery. But, he wouldn't give up his money. So, they shot him. Hide on the top on the unemployment office for hours before they were found. It was two young men.
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Sep 11, 2009
 
I remember another unsolved case in Lawrence Co. It was early 80's. Guy was rabbit hunting one cold winter day down a ditch bank out by Lawrence Memorial Cemetery. Found a human skeleton hanging from a tree. Had been hanging so long that no form of ID could be made. Last I heard, they never decided forsure if it was male or female. Cops thought maybe it was an outside job. No one was reported missing around here. Freaked the hunter out.
drugs

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Sep 12, 2009
 
I understood it was over drugs. I think the man was identified and wasn't it a causey that found the guy?
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Sep 13, 2009
 
No it was a Michael Woodson. Lived near the Causey's. He died a few years ago in a house fire in Jonesboro.
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Sep 13, 2009
 
Another unsolved as far as I know...There was a mans body found in a rice levee down around Clover Bend. Its been several years. Hutton was sheriff then. The body was decomposed badly, but no ID on him, but had money in his pockets. Not a lot of publicity on this one because no one was reported missing around here, so we didn't much about it. Went to a state case.
still here

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Sep 13, 2009
 
Arkie wrote:
<quoted text>
I think every one of these cases were solved, it has just been so ong most of us don't remember all the details.
If you knew the dates you could esearch the Times Dispatch arcives.
what abought the guy found dead at portia bay.some wearing a jogging suit.head blown off gun found in a pond close by.or the naked people in a building hung.or archie chapple ?
curious

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Sep 13, 2009
 
still here wrote:
<quoted text>what abought the guy found dead at portia bay.some wearing a jogging suit.head blown off gun found in a pond close by.or the naked people in a building hung.or archie chapple ?
I never heard about the naked people found hanging or archie chapple, what are the details?
johnny

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Sep 14, 2009
 
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I never heard about the naked people found hanging or archie chapple, what are the details?
i really don't remember all the details about the naked people hung,but i was told it was ruled a sex act that got out of control.but their hand were bound from behind.huh.arch was rulled that he killed himself i beleive.but their was blood in every room acording to the family.this was not the case.arch was good pep.what about the cathcart thing.
HHS 1988 Grad

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Sep 14, 2009
 
still here wrote:
<quoted text>what abought the guy found dead at portia bay.some wearing a jogging suit.head blown off gun found in a pond close by.or the naked people in a building hung.or archie chapple ?
The young man was not in Portia Bay, but in/around the pond that used to be on the left side of the road as you went to the Bay. This happened in '79, I believe. The pond dried up in the drought of 1980. His name was Craig Keller. It was ruled a suicide, but the rumors still fly today about who killed him. I was in third or fourth grade when it happened. Don't know about the other deaths.
HHS 1988 Grad

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Sep 14, 2009
 
Guest wrote:
No it was a Michael Woodson. Lived near the Causey's. He died a few years ago in a house fire in Jonesboro.
Not Woodson.....Mike Woodard. He, the Causey's and my husband grew up in the same neighborhood. Seems like I've heard my husband talk about this.
gossiptown

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Dec 21, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

The story about the Ridgcrest murder is definitely true as you've figured out by now. The husband was involved (the family said) but gave evidence on the wife and was able to pretty much get off. The children were involved in moving the bones and the family of Cathy said that the family dog got one of the larger bones and started running around the neighborhood and the kids had to chase it down. If I remember correctly the body was rolled in a rug and taken out to burn and then what was left was disposed of (bone fragments). Cathy remains in jail and probably will for the rest of her life. You can see a picture of her on the state website for arkansas inmates.
Knows him too well

Conroe, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Dec 22, 2009
 
gossiptown wrote:
The story about the Ridgcrest murder is definitely true as you've figured out by now. The husband was involved (the family said) but gave evidence on the wife and was able to pretty much get off. The children were involved in moving the bones and the family of Cathy said that the family dog got one of the larger bones and started running around the neighborhood and the kids had to chase it down. If I remember correctly the body was rolled in a rug and taken out to burn and then what was left was disposed of (bone fragments). Cathy remains in jail and probably will for the rest of her life. You can see a picture of her on the state website for arkansas inmates.
She is out of prison...you can get ahold of her on facebook.
bumper thumper

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Dec 22, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

so...cathy was the murderer, and the name of the murdered person was, what? and what was the name of the husband? wanna make sure no family members ever associate with these people!! was the motive just plain jealousy or what??
how can a murderer be out of prison? shouldn't they have to stay behind locked bars? i would hate to know a murderer was living in our county. makes me shiver just thinking bout it! i looked it up in TD archives, and there is nothing reported on this there. WIERD, HUH??
JudgeNot

Lake Charles, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Dec 22, 2009
 
bumper thumper wrote:
so...cathy was the murderer, and the name of the murdered person was, what? and what was the name of the husband? wanna make sure no family members ever associate with these people!! was the motive just plain jealousy or what??
how can a murderer be out of prison? shouldn't they have to stay behind locked bars? i would hate to know a murderer was living in our county. makes me shiver just thinking bout it! i looked it up in TD archives, and there is nothing reported on this there. WIERD, HUH??
It was in the TD you just never found it. The motive was domestic
when it happened

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
Dec 22, 2009
 
Facts wrote:
Yes there were 2 guys that robbed the Hostess delivery man behind the store as he was unloading. The motive was robbery and they shot and killed him. After the shooting they were chased and one of the suspects (Scott Holt) ran across the tracks and straight into the Police Department not realizing what it was. They were both caught and later sentenced for the murder.
Part of your story is correct. Scott was not in the back of the truck unloading it. He was sitting in the car "talking" to a lady that he was not married to at the time. The two boys got into the back of his truck and he got out of the car to go see what they were doing. As he approached the truck and spoke, the Davis kid turned and shot him with a .380 caliber pistol. Threw the pistol and ran. The girl then drove to the police department and reported it and the non-shooter in the ordeal ran back across the highway into the police department to either (a) try to find out who the girl was and try to do something to shut her up at a later date, or (b) confess that he didnt know the shooter was going to do that. And trust me, both boys knew what the building was because they had walked inside the PD earlier in the night and talked to the dispatcher and there is a whole nother story to that as to what they were really going to do that night. And you are correct Davis hid on top of the unemployment office till around 10:30 in the morning and was caught when he jumped down.
Choice

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61
Dec 22, 2009
 
when it happened wrote:
<quoted text>
Part of your story is correct. Scott was not in the back of the truck unloading it. He was sitting in the car "talking" to a lady that he was not married to at the time. The two boys got into the back of his truck and he got out of the car to go see what they were doing. As he approached the truck and spoke, the Davis kid turned and shot him with a .380 caliber pistol. Threw the pistol and ran. The girl then drove to the police department and reported it and the non-shooter in the ordeal ran back across the highway into the police department to either (a) try to find out who the girl was and try to do something to shut her up at a later date, or (b) confess that he didnt know the shooter was going to do that. And trust me, both boys knew what the building was because they had walked inside the PD earlier in the night and talked to the dispatcher and there is a whole nother story to that as to what they were really going to do that night. And you are correct Davis hid on top of the unemployment office till around 10:30 in the morning and was caught when he jumped down.
If I remember right this occured about 5:30 a.m.
guest

Trumann, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#62
Dec 22, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

wait a min wrote:
<quoted text> it's true happened on ridgecrest there is a house that at one time was a duplex. rock front burned several years ago now it's a single family home. she killed her cut her up and was burning pieces in backyard
we moved a shed there at the house and I remember seeing the fire pit
I was with don sluder we had no idea there was a body there or i sure didn't

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of236
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Walnut Ridge Forum right now

Search the Walnut Ridge Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Cox-Fears Funeral Home 20 min Puzzled 5
Mobile patrol 2 hr Guest 1
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 2 hr haha 9,789
Debate: Gay Marriage - Walnut Ridge, AR (Aug '10) 2 hr guest 133
Angie Young 4 hr Undercover 20
mcdonalds closing? 4 hr Happy 4
Mayors race 4 hr Lori 31
•••
•••
•••
Walnut Ridge Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Walnut Ridge Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Walnut Ridge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Walnut Ridge News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Walnut Ridge
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••