Brush fire in East San Gabriel Valley leads to evacuations; 2 firef...

A brush fire that broke out Tuesday on the West Covina/Walnut border left two firefighters injured, caused the evacuation of 24 homes and charred 5 acres. Full Story
Joel Gelfand

Azusa, CA

#1 Jul 14, 2010
Since there is now only one fire engine in the southern part of West Covina (the ladder truck now at station 4 does NOT have a water tank) I cannot help but wonder how much quicker this fire might have been controlled if our city council had not moth-balled Engine 4 on July 1st. The "Fantastic 5" has given away hundreds of millions of dollars in sales-tax revenue over the last 25-30 years to pet projects, then reduced the size of our fire department while complaining that "sales tax revenues have dropped."

If the any of the 5 of you were managing a business in this manner you'd all be out of jobs, as I hope every one of you will be through the election process.

Joel Gelfand, West Covina
sawthesmoke

La Crescenta, CA

#2 Jul 14, 2010
I was listening to the PD, WCFD, and LA county fire on the radio/scanner.
I do know- that there was a hysterical woman whom apparently was hard to deal with.
fred flintstone

Torrance, CA

#3 Jul 14, 2010
the Guys in the GREEN TRUCK PUT OUT THE FIREs
the Red Truck just Watch
WC Resident

Azusa, CA

#4 Jul 15, 2010
Joel Gelfand wrote:
Since there is now only one fire engine in the southern part of West Covina (the ladder truck now at station 4 does NOT have a water tank) I cannot help but wonder how much quicker this fire might have been controlled if our city council had not moth-balled Engine 4 on July 1st. The "Fantastic 5" has given away hundreds of millions of dollars in sales-tax revenue over the last 25-30 years to pet projects, then reduced the size of our fire department while complaining that "sales tax revenues have dropped."
If the any of the 5 of you were managing a business in this manner you'd all be out of jobs, as I hope every one of you will be through the election process.
Joel Gelfand, West Covina
Has Joel Gelfand even hd a job the last 15 years? Joel you are in your late forty's what do you do besides telling kids not to run at your kids school a vol. school monitor. 25-30 years 4 of the five were still in High School infact Roger was in per-school. You remember 25-30 years ago because that's the last you had a job!! Keep trying to play a firefighter or ambulance worker, what's the orange light for on top of your truck to let everyone know a nuts coming. Grow a pair or borrow your wife's.
Joel Gelfand

Azusa, CA

#5 Aug 30, 2010
"Has Joel Gelfand even hd a job the last 15 years? Joel you are in your late forty's what do you do besides telling kids not to run at your kids school a vol. school monitor. 25-30 years 4 of the five were still in High School infact Roger was in per-school. You remember 25-30 years ago because that's the last you had a job!! Keep trying to play a firefighter or ambulance worker, what's the orange light for on top of your truck to let everyone know a nuts coming. Grow a pair or borrow your wife's."
This ignorant person has ZERO idea what they are talking about....they just seem to want to use this article to throw 5th grade-level insults. Sorry, but if you "had a pair" you'd publish your real name rather than hide behind the fake one you've posted. You have no credibility. so keep those insults coming. No one cares. Stick to the topic, identify yourself or just keep booooring everyone.
Jason Megaton

La Puente, CA

#6 Jan 31, 2012
Yeah I have seen that Joel guy with the stupid looking yellow emergency light on his truck, we always laugh at it! Seems he's some kind of Authority waanbe, like a Cop or Fireman, but basically just a big bag of foul wind! He sure likes to comment on EVERYTHING though as though he really knows anything, I saw BALONEY! Heard he just sucks off society, lie a welfare case oh well, Knowall's are a dime a dozen!
WC resident

La Puente, CA

#7 Jan 31, 2012
Yes know I know who that creep is he's the one that use to be an adult "hall monitor" at my kids school. All the jerk ever did was yell at the kids and make them hate stupid adults, hope he is OFF the job now a real wack-ado!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walnut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 6 min Me O My O 7,969
LMP gang celebrates 31 years (Jun '08) 3 hr john 1,736
mayor manuel lozano sued peraonally for $10,000 5 hr West Covina 1
Glendora buiding SHAM by Douglas Tessitor 10 hr Clinkdora 4
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 10 hr REDNECK 5,028
history of gangs in west covina (Dec '07) 14 hr RoseB1607 2,568
Loud music Shooter FL 14 hr nine round clip 1

Fire Warning for Los Angeles County was issued at October 01 at 8:19PM PDT

Walnut News Video

Walnut Dating