Washington prisons running out of room

Mar 26, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Olympian

With about 16,000 inmates, Washington prisons are at 102 percent of capacity, and officials need to find space by this summer to hold 160 more, the state Department of Corrections said.

Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Dec 4, 2013
lockout

Lawrence, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2012

Send them to the moon...
Jocko

Casar, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2012

Chimp behavior!! Oh, but that is diversity!

Since: Jun 09

walla walla

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2012

How about the death penalty for the child molesters?
Reinhard Gehlen

Gwinn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2012

chregr wrote:
How about the death penalty for the child molesters?
Turn Penn St U. into prison complex. All that is needed is a wall around it.
Kristine Nielsen

Shelton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

You take someone's life...you desire to have your life taken also. Bring back the death pentality for the murders and make more room for the molesters.
Desmond

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

now yo dont be hangin us again. we just gettin started! we bes tryin to establish ourselves
Lillianne

Walla Walla, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

We already have the death penalty in Washington state. I say transfer them to a prison in another state that has some more room.
rider

Gwinn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

There are two very strange news items today that suggest the underlying madness of their subjects. Here’s one, from the New York Times:

North Korean state-run television on Monday showed footage of costumed versions of Tigger, Minnie Mouse and other Disney characters prancing in front of the leader, Kim Jong-un, and an entourage of clapping generals.
The footage also showed Mr. Kim in a black Mao suit watching as Mickey Mouse conducted a group of young women playing violins in skimpy black dresses. At times, scenes from the animated Disney movies “Dumbo” and “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” were projected on a multipanel screen behind the entertainers; an article in the state-run press said unnamed foreign songs were on the bill.
Um, okay.

Then there is this headline from the friendly folks at that sanitarium of conservative weirdness, Breitbart.com :

EXCLUSIVE - CADDELL: TAXES AND TRUST - THE ACHILLES HEELS OF OBAMACARE AND OBAMA, PART I
What follows is about a gazillion words of political glossolalia from none other than Pat Caddell, who seems to have decided to demonstrate in a rather spectacular fashion that his recent gig as a Fox Democrat was just an apostasy appetizer.

You can read Caddell’s bizarre rant, which purports to be deep analysis of how and why Republicans ought to make the election “about” ObamaCare, if you want the kind of brain freeze that can normally be obtained only by eating a gallon of homemade ice cream. Keep in mind, however, that this is only “part one.”

I’ve always felt Caddell probably suffered from the kind of ego-affliction that accompanies becoming a national political celebrity at a tender age (he was famously George McGovern’s pollster while still a college student) and renders the sufferer incapable of believing that the world can survive without his counsel. Until quite recently, he was still getting op-eds published by the Washington Post, and was still posing as a concerned Democrat offering advice to his party. But now that his concern trolling act has gotten a little long in the tooth, he’s apparently decided to torment his new Republican friends with his strategic genius.

But if that doesn’t work out for Pat, Kim Jong-un could sure use some advice.
Breitbart
News syndicate providing continuously updated headlines throughout the day to
top news and analysis sources.

http://www.breitbart.com/ - 256k -
Operation Mockingbird: CIA Media Manipulation
Mar 1, 2003 ... Starting in the early days of the Cold War (late 40's), the CIA began a secret
project called Operation Mockingbird, with the intent of buying ...

http://www.prisonplanet.com/analysis_louise_0 ...- 21k -
KARMA of Lying! Andrew Breitbart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Andrew Breitbart was an American publisher, commentator for The Washington
Times, author, and occasional guest commentator on various news programs,...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Breitbart - 104k -
Peggy

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Lillianne wrote:
We already have the death penalty in Washington state. I say transfer them to a prison in another state that has some more room.
Would be interesting to find out what percentage of inmates at WWP are from other states. Many of the prisons in this country have prisoners, that have been transferred from other states. It is a big business. So think about it. Your taxes are going towards the upkeep of criminals from other states, while the Washington State is raking in the bucks for taking care of them.

As for executing criminals, how many criminals across this nation on death row, where found not guilty, because of a crooked system. Just think....one day it could be a relative of your brought up on charges, which he was not guilty of, but convicted and sentence to death row.

I'm for sending any prisoner, that is not a citizen of this country back to their country. Example: Mexico. I don't care what crime they have committed........send them back. Get rid of the trash.
Dancin Dan

Casar, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Deep fat frying wil do it!!!!
Mom

Yakima, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Durr and the state shut down how many to save money a few yrs ago. They are housed now, not rehibilitated. Hence the revolving doors.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Walla Walla Discussions

Search the Walla Walla Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) Jul 22 EasyEed 710
my post in walla Jun '14 Joanna 1
NASA says Herschel Space Observatory has discov... Jun '14 Adrian Godsafe MSc 2
Woman In Walla Walla Fatally Shot (Jan '14) May '14 Jon R 3
Walla Walla Sheriff Candidate Announced Today (Mar '10) Apr '14 re-elect John turner 24
walla email password problems Apr '14 anil 1
Ex-Walla Walla judge, former minister sentenced... Mar '14 weres justice 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Walla Walla Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Walla Walla People Search