Comments
21 - 40 of 42 Comments Last updated Jun 18, 2012
woogie

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jun 10, 2012
 
cant believe they put a colored person over sue.That shows alot of favortism over knowledge.
Tan-colored person

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jun 10, 2012
 
woogie wrote:
cant believe they put a colored person over sue.That shows alot of favortism over knowledge.


Who? What?
Jerry Sandusky

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jun 10, 2012
 
Wow, J.W.

That's really rough. Once Again, I will have to watch a distance....perhaps from the gym showers or the woodpile.
Jerry Sandusky

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Jun 10, 2012
 
"from" a distance....sorry my concentration has been strained recently from my legal troubles.
#notguilty
I know

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Jun 10, 2012
 
or trying to build their resume using county employees as test groups for their latest project.
Well-showered Sanduskyfan

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Jun 10, 2012
 
I know wrote:
or trying to build their resume using county employees as test groups for their latest project.
Or using skewed data for "scholarly texts" and "mother of states" job shopping.
Coach Sandusky

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Jun 10, 2012
 
You know with my kids in my charity, I would just love them until the made good test scores. Also, I found that you could just love them 'til they behaved. Perhaps this method should be utilized in the "underperforming" schools.

See you in the showers
bdc

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Jun 13, 2012
 
LSHS isn't the only high school where there are admin problems. One of the "good schools" will soon start making some noise about the idiot in charge there.(Actually many already have!)
Idiot in Charge

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Jun 13, 2012
 
Why are they complaining now? They get 15 minutes of recess every day.
Principle Peter

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Jun 13, 2012
 
bdc wrote:
LSHS isn't the only high school where there are admin problems. One of the "good schools" will soon start making some noise about the idiot in charge there.(Actually many already have!)
Well, that leaves CHHS and AHS. Teachers have complained about Kelly for years. Things have gone well at AHS, I suspect Hand doesn't have much to worry about.
Learning Focused

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Jun 13, 2012
 
We should probably be less critical of school and county office administrators, as it is OUR responsibility to adapt THEIR learning styles and abilities, and some of them probably just require more differentiation.
Principle Peter

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Jun 13, 2012
 
Learning Focused wrote:
We should probably be less critical of school and county office administrators, as it is OUR responsibility to adapt THEIR learning styles and abilities, and some of them probably just require more differentiation.
Maybe we should create an IEP for each administrator that needs one and post them here.
Principled Peter

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Jun 13, 2012
 
Principle Peter wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe we should create an IEP for each administrator that needs one and post them here.
That would be libelous and/or unprofessional. Good fishing expedition on your part, but the list of administrators and modifications would be a real magnus opus.
Principle Peter

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Jun 13, 2012
 
Principled Peter wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be libelous and/or unprofessional.
Truth can not be libel.

Unprofessional would be not letting the public know of their inadequacies.
Learning Focused

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Jun 13, 2012
 
Principle Peter wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth can not be libel.
Unprofessional would be not letting the public know of their inadequacies.
Generally, one could legitimately question the motives of one who would go into education and then seek a position in which contact with students is minimal or non-existent.

Moreover, the worth of any "administrator" who did not spend YEARS in an academic class which has standardized testing accountability is negligible.

Those who do not meet that last qualifying prerequisite would be easy to list--go ahead, start listing.
Learning Focused

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Jun 13, 2012
 
Principle Peter wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth can not be libel.
Unprofessional would be not letting the public know of their inadequacies.
Some "truth" in this situation would be subjective, and I still think that naming names and then eviscerating those named with a highly subjective standard is patently unprofessional. However, an overwhelming preponderance of administrators seem benign but imbecilic--the exceptions proving the general rule.
Principle Peter

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Jun 14, 2012
 
Learning Focused wrote:
<quoted text>
Some "truth" in this situation would be subjective, and I still think that naming names and then eviscerating those named with a highly subjective standard is patently unprofessional. However, an overwhelming preponderance of administrators seem benign but imbecilic--the exceptions proving the general rule.
Truth is never subjective.

Example:

Administrator Doe has 1 year teaching students in a non-core class. Doe has no other experience prior to "ascending" into administration. He should not be involved in evaluating teaching in the classroom.

The first two sentences would be either true or false, fact or non-fact. The third would be a recommendation based on those facts. Obviously an opinion. None of which would be libel or unprofessional.

I've seen an entire staff of administrators with less teaching experience that a single teacher in the school.(I'm not talking about 30 year teachers either.)
Learning Focused

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Jun 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Principle Peter wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth is never subjective.
Example:
Administrator Doe has 1 year teaching students in a non-core class. Doe has no other experience prior to "ascending" into administration. He should not be involved in evaluating teaching in the classroom.
The first two sentences would be either true or false, fact or non-fact. The third would be a recommendation based on those facts. Obviously an opinion. None of which would be libel or unprofessional.
I've seen an entire staff of administrators with less teaching experience that a single teacher in the school.(I'm not talking about 30 year teachers either.)
I believe Doe (or Duh) is in charge of most of our schools. Dedicated teachers and winning coaches would rarely go into administration; thus most administrative staffs are made up of failed teachers and loosing coaches. Though I still balk at naming names, we all know who they are. It would be much easier and less time consuming to name the good ones. I'll start: Zach Spencer--great teacher, coach and human being--your turn.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Jun 14, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

How I long for the day when Superintendents are once again "ELECTED OFFICIALS" and held accountable!
coach sandusky

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Jun 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

It is very interesting to see some of the handwringing going on here regarding the naming of specific admins. Somebody seems very sensitive about there public perception. True leadership requires someone to do things the right way, even when it is inconvenient. Doing things the right way is also required all the the time. When people see this kind of behavior from their leadership, they will fall in-line behind the leader. Most leaders know this, yet they still divert from the right path.......maybe they will understand later....perhaps tomorrow....or never.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Villa Rica Discussions

Search the Villa Rica Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 3 hr jeb stuart 49,602
rules and regs from Tanner do not go with real ... (Nov '12) 6 hr Jimmy 3
Comfort solutions heating and air (Sep '13) 6 hr Jimmy 2
Black teen punks are ruining Douglasville (Sep '13) 6 hr Jimmy 4
YOUR honest OPINION about midway macedonia Bap... (Mar '10) 6 hr Jimmy 81
Tabitha Scott in villa rica 11 hr Mary russom-davis 2
Massage Parlor in Mirror Lake (Jan '11) Jul 22 Justlefthere 17
•••
•••

Villa Rica News Video

•••
•••

Villa Rica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Villa Rica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Villa Rica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Villa Rica
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••