Beaches in L.A. Moving Inland: Rising Seas Via...

Jul 27, 2011 Full story: LA Weekly

Why go to the beach when the beach will come to you? Literally. Slowly: A fraction of an inch at a time.

Full Story

Since: Jul 11

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Jul 27, 2011
Can't happen fast enough! Finally the mean-high-tide line will be INLAND of all the hoi-polloi of Malibu, and THEIR property will public land when it's underwater. Talk about an "inconvenient truth" for those people.
Geffen's house can be an underwater marine preserve/reef for endangered species! Just remember to leave the windows and doors open so the fish can swim through.
Waterfront Homeowner

San Diego, CA

#2 Jul 28, 2011
SonOfTC wrote:
Can't happen fast enough! Finally the mean-high-tide line will be INLAND of all the hoi-polloi of Malibu, and THEIR property will public land when it's underwater. Talk about an "inconvenient truth" for those people.
Geffen's house can be an underwater marine preserve/reef for endangered species! Just remember to leave the windows and doors open so the fish can swim through.
What's going to happen to my waterfront property? Can they make the beaches higher?

Since: Jul 11

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Jul 28, 2011
No, that takes millions of years to happen. But you can always move to the inland side of Pacific Coast Highway!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Venice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ladies beware of online dating with Dr Michael ... 12 hr Concerned citizen 1
Bill Cosby accused by model Janice Dickinson of... Fri Strange World 2
Ex-Michael Jackson prosecutor Tom Sneddon dies Nov 19 Len is Disgusted 27
Robert Pattinson gets weird haircut Nov 18 Abrahammock Regions 6
Rihanna Will Host Diamond Ball at The Vineyard ... Nov 17 Sophia Paymen 1
In Santa Monica, Obama chastises GOP on immigra... Oct '14 barefoot2626 38
Sundays in the Park to feature Dustbowl Revival Jul '14 Here Is One 1

Fire Weather Watch for Los Angeles County was issued at November 22 at 1:15PM PST

Venice News Video

Venice Dating
Find my Match

Venice People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Venice News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Venice

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:02 am PST