Beaches in L.A. Moving Inland: Rising Seas Via...

Jul 27, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: LA Weekly

Why go to the beach when the beach will come to you? Literally. Slowly: A fraction of an inch at a time.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3

Since: Jul 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2011

Judged:

Can't happen fast enough! Finally the mean-high-tide line will be INLAND of all the hoi-polloi of Malibu, and THEIR property will public land when it's underwater. Talk about an "inconvenient truth" for those people.
Geffen's house can be an underwater marine preserve/reef for endangered species! Just remember to leave the windows and doors open so the fish can swim through.
Waterfront Homeowner

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Judged:

SonOfTC wrote:
Can't happen fast enough! Finally the mean-high-tide line will be INLAND of all the hoi-polloi of Malibu, and THEIR property will public land when it's underwater. Talk about an "inconvenient truth" for those people.
Geffen's house can be an underwater marine preserve/reef for endangered species! Just remember to leave the windows and doors open so the fish can swim through.
What's going to happen to my waterfront property? Can they make the beaches higher?

Since: Jul 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Judged:

No, that takes millions of years to happen. But you can always move to the inland side of Pacific Coast Highway!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Venice Discussions

Search the Venice Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Stalker case leads to lawsuit against St. Bruno... (Feb '13) 57 min Disgusted 1,241
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr Cali Girl 2014 199,129
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 3 hr Pack coal in deeper 7,330
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Wed Hole 15,676
Lindsay Lohan's Words For The Person Who Leaked... Wed statistices do not lie 3
Hermosa Beach California Parking Ticket Scams (Oct '10) Apr 22 Stacey 7
" Gravity" Apr 22 George Clooney 2
•••
•••

Venice News Video

•••
•••

Venice Jobs

•••