Comments
21 - 35 of 35 Comments Last updated Aug 9, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
reason

Chesapeake, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Aug 5, 2012
 
reason wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, spelling and grammar matter. It's the difference between looking like a moron and not looking like a moron. It's the difference in people taking what you say into the their mind to think about, or completely dismissing it. If your hoopla is true, and God asks me about this specific comment or why I didn't share a photo of him on Facebook, I'll say..."Touché, God."

And I suppose I'll be in hell with the rest of the fun people while all the hypocrites party it up in heaven.

I don't envision that happening, but stranger things have happened. More than likely I'll die and be just like you when you die....simply dead and gone.
And that should be the word that's pronounced "too-shay" incase you didn't get that. Didn't misspell it, the system simply didn't transmit it correctly after I submitted it.
wow

Vanceburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Aug 5, 2012
 
i have to disagree with you on the spelling deal. if you got my point & you did & you have given it some thought then why wouldnt anyone else understand it& think about it . if you do not accept jesus as your personal savior then you will be in hell with all the others who reject god so why dont you give your heart to jesus BECAUSE THERE IS A HEAVEN TO GAIN & A HELL TO SHUN GOD CREATED THE HEAVEN & EARTH SCIENTIST DID NOT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS NOR WILL THEY EVER HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT ONE THING WE ALL DO DIE BUT WHERE WE SPEND ETERNITY IS SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU GOD BLESS YOU
reason

Chesapeake, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Aug 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

wow wrote:
i have to disagree with you on the spelling deal. if you got my point & you did & you have given it some thought then why wouldnt anyone else understand it& think about it . if you do not accept jesus as your personal savior then you will be in hell with all the others who reject god so why dont you give your heart to jesus BECAUSE THERE IS A HEAVEN TO GAIN & A HELL TO SHUN GOD CREATED THE HEAVEN & EARTH SCIENTIST DID NOT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS NOR WILL THEY EVER HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT ONE THING WE ALL DO DIE BUT WHERE WE SPEND ETERNITY IS SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU GOD BLESS YOU
No, you will never convince me on the spelling issue. You are unintelligent and apparently too lazy to do some research.

I didn't get your point, it was simply the same religious "blah blah" we have all heard over and over. There was no point to get. Are you using your caps lock to yell at me? Just like a bible thumper, cram your beliefs down someone else's throat. I do not believe the same as you and that is okay. I don't need you to pray for me because of that. I am free to believe whatever I would like. Science is HARD evidence of why things happen, whereas you base your life upon an imaginary figure that sits on a cloud in the sky. If that makes you feel comfortable, go for it. I'm not a fan of building myself up for something that won't happen.
curious

Leitchfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Aug 6, 2012
 
wow wrote:
i have to disagree with you on the spelling deal. if you got my point & you did & you have given it some thought then why wouldnt anyone else understand it& think about it . if you do not accept jesus as your personal savior then you will be in hell with all the others who reject god so why dont you give your heart to jesus BECAUSE THERE IS A HEAVEN TO GAIN & A HELL TO SHUN GOD CREATED THE HEAVEN & EARTH SCIENTIST DID NOT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS NOR WILL THEY EVER HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT ONE THING WE ALL DO DIE BUT WHERE WE SPEND ETERNITY IS SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU GOD BLESS YOU
I believe in God, but my God is not like your God.
My God truly loves me unconditionally...just as a parent loves his child. My God doesn't expect me to tell others they're going to Hell because they don't have the same beliefs. My
God is truly a loving God.
wow

Vanceburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Aug 6, 2012
 
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in God, but my God is not like your God.
My God truly loves me unconditionally...just as a parent loves his child. My God doesn't expect me to tell others they're going to Hell because they don't have the same beliefs. My
God is truly a loving God.
i only stated what the word of god says i see nothing wrong with that alot of people think they can do whatever they want & still make it to heaven . we cant sugar coat things .gods word is the truth & every man a liar. that is exactly how & what the bible says .
curious

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Aug 6, 2012
 
wow wrote:
<quoted text> i only stated what the word of god says i see nothing wrong with that alot of people think they can do whatever they want & still make it to heaven . we cant sugar coat things .gods word is the truth & every man a liar. that is exactly how & what the bible says .
My God does not need a book-written by man. My God is in my heart, spirit and life.
I refuse to be drawn into a "discussion" in which neither side will ever agree...pointless
You love your God and I will love mine and we will both be happy :)
OBGYN

Prospect, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Aug 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

I'm not going to bash on religion, I mean to each their own and if religion helps you out in fucked up world then good for you seriously. The only thing that i'm going to say is that religious work is written by men to control other people. It is one of the institutions of conformality along with school, family, and government. Also if you looked into other religions that have been around, you would discover something odd. Every religion have the same aspects: virgin birth, born on december 25, and other aspects. If you compare Horus (eygptian god) with Jesus, they are very similar. It all had to do with astrological myths and traditions. It's very interesting and is a complete eye opener. Now I still believe in a higher power, there's no way this whole life is possible because life on this planet is a miracle. The odds in the chance of life developing on this planet is staggering. Still some strings are being pulled to control the masses. People are killing and being killed because of religion, that doesn't seem right or just to me. Can't we all just get along.
I lost my train of thought... just watch Zeitgeist: The Movie, it's awesome and it makes you think. Which is what we need in this world, more thinkers. Thats goes for everybody, think and love.

“Liberals hate free speech!”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Aug 8, 2012
 
OBGYN wrote:
I'm not going to bash on religion, I mean to each their own and if religion helps you out in fucked up world then good for you seriously. The only thing that i'm going to say is that religious work is written by men to control other people. It is one of the institutions of conformality along with school, family, and government. Also if you looked into other religions that have been around, you would discover something odd. Every religion have the same aspects: virgin birth, born on december 25, and other aspects. If you compare Horus (eygptian god) with Jesus, they are very similar. It all had to do with astrological myths and traditions. It's very interesting and is a complete eye opener. Now I still believe in a higher power, there's no way this whole life is possible because life on this planet is a miracle. The odds in the chance of life developing on this planet is staggering. Still some strings are being pulled to control the masses. People are killing and being killed because of religion, that doesn't seem right or just to me. Can't we all just get along.
I lost my train of thought... just watch Zeitgeist: The Movie, it's awesome and it makes you think. Which is what we need in this world, more thinkers. Thats goes for everybody, think and love.
I have watched that movie. It has too many holes! Forget the religious theme, there are historic facts about Jesus that can't be denied.
ahhh

Chesapeake, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Aug 8, 2012
 
Retired SOF wrote:
<quoted text>I have watched that movie. It has too many holes! Forget the religious theme, there are historic facts about Jesus that can't be denied.
Explain those, please.
My 2 cents

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Aug 8, 2012
 
Did Jesus not pray to God? Did Jesus drink and eat? Do you believe God would actually go to the bathroom? Didn't Jesus say that no one knows the end except God himself? The Bible teaches God is 1 yet people worship the creating of God.

Some people don't know that in the year 325 AD during the Council of Nicea they threw out parts of the Bible. They also changed the birth of Jesus to December 25th the same date as a Roman God. At that time is when the trinity was added to the Bible.
My 2 cents

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Aug 8, 2012
 
I mean they worship the CREATION on God. (Typo)
My 2 cents

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Aug 8, 2012
 
LOL wow....... I mean CREATION OF God.

“Liberals hate free speech!”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Aug 9, 2012
 
ahhh wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain those, please.
The film talked about the lack of Roman historians that wrote about Jesus. Roman historians could have cared less about a "cult leader" in some far off eastern Roman province but one did write about the crucifixion 30 + years later when Nero was looking for a scape goat to blame the fire that burned Rome. Nero stated that this little known Christian sect's leader was crucified ,years ago, and he blamed the fire on them which led to the death of alot of Christians. How many I could not find a number.
The film also raised doubts about the existance of Pontius Pilate. Tablets found in the '60's, written by a Pontius Pilate dated around the time of the crucifixion.
That is some things I can think off the top of my head. If you want to argue dates, miracles etc. I can understand that. We have little to no concept of "there" time. H*ll, the US only had time zones little over 100 yrs ago. And most the Bible was verbal. It was 300 years before the NT was written and put in book form. But, look at the his teachings. Love your fellow man, we are all created equal in the eyes of God, help your fellow man no matter what economic/social class you live. Think more of others before yourself. Whether you call yourself Christian or not those teachings are a bad thing to follow.
ahhh

Chesapeake, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Aug 9, 2012
 
Retired SOF wrote:
<quoted text>The film talked about the lack of Roman historians that wrote about Jesus. Roman historians could have cared less about a "cult leader" in some far off eastern Roman province but one did write about the crucifixion 30 + years later when Nero was looking for a scape goat to blame the fire that burned Rome. Nero stated that this little known Christian sect's leader was crucified ,years ago, and he blamed the fire on them which led to the death of alot of Christians. How many I could not find a number.
The film also raised doubts about the existance of Pontius Pilate. Tablets found in the '60's, written by a Pontius Pilate dated around the time of the crucifixion.
That is some things I can think off the top of my head. If you want to argue dates, miracles etc. I can understand that. We have little to no concept of "there" time. H*ll, the US only had time zones little over 100 yrs ago. And most the Bible was verbal. It was 300 years before the NT was written and put in book form. But, look at the his teachings. Love your fellow man, we are all created equal in the eyes of God, help your fellow man no matter what economic/social class you live. Think more of others before yourself. Whether you call yourself Christian or not those teachings are a bad thing to follow.
Let's talk about things I don't understand about Christians, and the first being judging others. If everyone is created equal, why are religious people so hell bent on judging people? They are quicker to accept a drug addict than they are a gay person. I was under the assumption that God does the judging, so why do Christians feel the need to take that role? I cannot and will not ever associate myself with an organized religion because of issues like this. The percentage that do it make the whole entire group look bad.

I don't want to argue dates because you have your beliefs and I have mine. We are all entitled to that freedom.

“Liberals hate free speech!”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Aug 9, 2012
 
ahhh wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's talk about things I don't understand about Christians, and the first being judging others. If everyone is created equal, why are religious people so hell bent on judging people? They are quicker to accept a drug addict than they are a gay person. I was under the assumption that God does the judging, so why do Christians feel the need to take that role? I cannot and will not ever associate myself with an organized religion because of issues like this. The percentage that do it make the whole entire group look bad.
I don't want to argue dates because you have your beliefs and I have mine. We are all entitled to that freedom.
Why does man feel the need to question God's word? Why does man question ,not only the teachings, but the existance of Jesus? Why does man feel the need to defy Leviticus 20-13? Is man smarter then God? Is man testing God? Or has mankind lost its fear of God so man can do whatever they please or whatever feels good? But that is the Old Testament coming out in me. Not a big follower of the OT. I am still thinking one can follow the NT without the Old or take the laws of the Old while following the New. Still a work in progess.
One may not agree with the life style of an addict nor a homosexual but still treat them as brothers/sisters of Jesus. That if the were to have a change of heart that they would be accepted as equal in the eyes of God. I said God not man. THAT is the New Testment coming out in me.
I did what you are doing now. When I seeked out the answers to my own questions I realized I was closer then ever thought I was. You know what is in your heart, so does He and that is all that matters!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Vanceburg Forum right now

Search the Vanceburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Alison Crimes is a liar 147,064
Men that wear cowboy hats and other tacky things (Apr '10) 2 hr There Is No God 50
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 4 hr Buck Ofama 16,131
joshwitten 7 hr mcdonals 30
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) Tue _-_Nope_-_ 81,562
Home Wrecker Tue Definition 4
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) Tue Flint hill bandit 26,210
•••
•••
•••
•••

Vanceburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Vanceburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Vanceburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Vanceburg
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••