Dems apparently used Russian warships in convention

Posted in the Van Wert Forum

Not a Democrat Republican

Sunbury, OH

#1 Sep 12, 2012
This article gives me concern about Obama. First they boo God and now this, they have tried to make America like other nations. I don't want the Dems leading this country any longer if they don't know the difference between the Russian Navy and the American Navy. God help us.

Dems apparently used Russian warships in convention tribute to vets Published September 12, 2012

The backdrop for a Democratic National Convention tribute to U.S. military veterans was apparently a fleet of Russian warships.
The event occurred on the final night of last week’s convention when retired Adm. John Nathman paid tribute to veterans, in front of a gigantic screen that showed what appears to be ships from the Russian Federation Navy, according to The Navy Times.
At least two experts told the publication they were certain the ships were Russian and that the backdrop image appears to be a composite photo that includes U.S. trainer jets flying overhead.
The background shows four ships with radar designs apparently not used in the U.S. fleet.
Navy veteran Rob Barker reportedly detected the apparent mistake and notified The Navy Times. He said his assignment as an electronics warfare technician included the identification of foreign ships by their radars.
The Democratic National Convention Committee was contacted Wednesday but did not comment.
“The ships are definitely Russian,” said author Norman Polmar, a naval and aviation expert.“There’s no question of that in my mind.”
where o

Fort Jennings, OH

#2 Sep 12, 2012
Not a Democrat Republican wrote:
This article gives me concern about Obama. First they boo God and now this, they have tried to make America like other nations. I don't want the Dems leading this country any longer if they don't know the difference between the Russian Navy and the American Navy. God help us.
Dems apparently used Russian warships in convention tribute to vets Published September 12, 2012
The backdrop for a Democratic National Convention tribute to U.S. military veterans was apparently a fleet of Russian warships.
The event occurred on the final night of last week’s convention when retired Adm. John Nathman paid tribute to veterans, in front of a gigantic screen that showed what appears to be ships from the Russian Federation Navy, according to The Navy Times.
At least two experts told the publication they were certain the ships were Russian and that the backdrop image appears to be a composite photo that includes U.S. trainer jets flying overhead.
The background shows four ships with radar designs apparently not used in the U.S. fleet.
Navy veteran Rob Barker reportedly detected the apparent mistake and notified The Navy Times. He said his assignment as an electronics warfare technician included the identification of foreign ships by their radars.
The Democratic National Convention Committee was contacted Wednesday but did not comment.
“The ships are definitely Russian,” said author Norman Polmar, a naval and aviation expert.“There’s no question of that in my mind.”
Where the HELL are you getting your "information"?

Sunbury, OH

#3 Sep 12, 2012
Right off of the wire. Don't you read the headlines or listen to them?

Do some research and stay informed.

Sunbury, OH

#4 Sep 12, 2012
whose

Fort Jennings, OH

#5 Sep 12, 2012
Not a Democrat Republican wrote:
Right off of the wire. Don't you read the headlines or listen to them?
Do some research and stay informed.
whose wire, I've been on several news sites all day, are you sure you aren't a paranoid schizophrenic who is picking up radio signals from imagined sources? really, give us the wire locales or its BS!
ub doublespeak

Fort Jennings, OH

#6 Sep 12, 2012
"Due to vendor error, incorrect images appeared briefly on screen behind fifty-one veterans during the convention and the DNCC apologizes for this mistake," the statement said, according to the Navy Times. "This error should not distract from the words of Admiral Nathman and others who spoke to President Obama's strong record on issues that impact those who have served our nation."
this from CBSnews Wow!!!!!!some people flunked reading comprehension LOL that would include mansfield what a nut job.

“you like it, you like it a lot”

Since: May 12

screw you

#7 Sep 12, 2012
really, we are still afraid of commies and the russians? seriously? wtf cold war is over baby. next he's gonna try to figure out which topix posters are secret soviet spies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
frickers biotch ala 18 min saw it 3
shaving 2 hr tom d 1
Ridgeview Hospital 2 hr druggi 29
Wassenberg Art Center 3 hr Truth 13
New bakery 4 hr interested 20
who do you jerk off to the most (Dec '11) 5 hr bill 7
marsha p and kevin l 5 hr major dumbazz 1
reasons for steele to retire 6 hr Lookin out a d 17
Salvation Army conflicting stories 15 hr oneofthegirls 22
Van Wert Dating