kennett citizen

Kennett, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2008

Stay in van buren mo, we don't won't you in kennett mo!
van buren citizen

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2008

We don't want him either.
bob

Kennett, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2008

Yogi bear you suck everwhere! Go back to Hot Springs where you come from!
what

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2008

we dont want him in TX either!!!!!
Graduate

Kennett, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

yogi bear get the hell out of van buren mo!
crazy

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2009

could someone please explain to me why you do not want a family oriented campground in van buren? i have been here several times and it is actually a nice place. but i do know they have trouble with the locals.
INFO

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2009

The only trouble they have with the locals is what they bring on theirself.You can not do anything without his SECURITY coming to check you out,even when they have no rights on the gravel bar.
crazy

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2009

INFO wrote:
The only trouble they have with the locals is what they bring on theirself.You can not do anything without his SECURITY coming to check you out,even when they have no rights on the gravel bar.
i guess i am terribly confused from what i understand they own quite a bit of the gravel bar and then the other part is for deer run property owners which by the way sucks in how it was setup cirlcular lots? how confusing? i know they are not trying to keep people from the gravel bar itself just from going through their campground itself is my understanding? i am just trying to understand it all!
info

Kennett, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2011

yogi bear campground sucks don't camp there!
local

Ellington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2011

Judged:

crazy wrote:
<quoted text>
i guess i am terribly confused from what i understand they own quite a bit of the gravel bar and then the other part is for deer run property owners which by the way sucks in how it was setup cirlcular lots? how confusing? i know they are not trying to keep people from the gravel bar itself just from going through their campground itself is my understanding? i am just trying to understand it all!
Let me clarify it for you. The campground only owns campsites. There is common ground that has always belonged to the Deer Run Property Owners all around the campsites within the campground. You can go to the court house and verify this by looking at the recorded plat maps. The entire gravel bar, the boat ramp, the roads within the campground, all the river frontage and areas within the campground are all common ground to the community of Deer Run. The owners of the campground are making an attempt to take away the common ground that belongs to D.R. through the court system. How would you feel if land that you have used for thirty years was in jeopardy of being taken away by some outsider? Many people bought into this homeowners association for the exclusive use of the common ground mainly the entire gravel bar. The campground has never and will never own the gravel bar like they are trying to achieve. This is what is causing all the problems for the campground and the surrounding community. When it is all said and done the Jellystone franchise will probably leave and the campground owners will be left with few customers and a failing campground, all brought on by their greedy attempt to take the homeowners associations common ground. Let it be known every campground owner before these people got along with the associations and there were no problems.
LMAO

Roby, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2011

local wrote:
<quoted text>How would you feel if land that you have used for thirty years was in jeopardy of being taken away by some outsider?
Hmm. i don't know. Let's ask the indians an other people who lived here before it was taken away from them.
2more

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2011

The campground owners are liars, and that's a sin!
Been Served

Martinsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2011

And I would like to add that the attempt to steal the common ground from all the owners in Deer Run has gotten VERY EXPENSIVE for us that cannot afford the expense! Over 200 of us were named in his lawsuit, and we have no choice but to defend ourselves. I did nothing to him or his campground and yet I found myself being sued for the first time in my life. I am a senior citizen and could really use the money for things like Christmas presents for my grand children or charity at Christmas, instead of defending a lawsuit I did not initiate!
info

Kennett, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2011

they need to sell out and get the hell out of town!
Roll Tide

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2011

Judged:

It's the only decent place to camp in V.B. with river access. I camped there last year and me and the kids had a good time we will be back this july. I do understand the locals side of it there are not many spots you all can go anymore to enjoy the River and I know because I was once a V.B. resident and I graduate of VBHS. so I hope it all gets worked out for both of you. I was the on the 4th of July and there was a lot of campers going to the gravel bar and setting off fireworks and would just leave the all trash and the locals would come and pick it up the next morning.
Been Served

Martinsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2011

Yes Roll Tide, I have been one of the "locals" picking up those fireworks every year. Not setting off fireworks, just picking up the aftermath the next morning.
yogi fan

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2011

Judged:

they are wonderful people. shame on the locals. selfish twits. leave yogi alone. go jeff and pricilla
Roll Tide

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2011

I think yogi just need to work on getting there campers to pick the trash that they leave behind!!! It should not be lift up to the local people to clean up someone's else's trash. And does any one now if water crest will be open back up this summer? And did they do anything to make the camp sites any better with easier river access?
Gitter Dunn

Ellington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2011

Judged:

LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm. i don't know. Let's ask the indians an other people who lived here before it was taken away from them.
You could ask the "Chief" out at the reservation in Eastwood .
Been Served

Martinsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2011

Judged:

yogi fan wrote:
they are wonderful people. shame on the locals. selfish twits. leave yogi alone. go jeff and pricilla
Not sure how the locals are the selfish twits. We didn't sue them, they sued us.......But I agree GO jeff and pricilla, please go.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Van Buren Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 2 min see the light 1,001
MO Ferguson Police Chief Just Shocked Everyone Wit... 19 min sky is blue 283
MO Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 31 min Am SG 33 157
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Yellow Dawg Democrat 96,717
Rachael Barnes (Mar '09) 2 hr who cares 6
Housing 3 hr momof3 1
Election 7 hr Absolutely 7

Search the Van Buren Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Van Buren Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Van Buren People Search