First Prev
of 2
Next Last
i hope not

Auburn Hills, MI

#1 Feb 11, 2008
rumor has it QT is going up on Vance Rd. across from the school. I hope not. Traffic is bad enough withou right hand turns in and out of there.
and

Auburn Hills, MI

#2 Feb 12, 2008
I will neve get coffee there again.

Since: Feb 08

Does NOT matter

#3 Feb 12, 2008
I agree, traffic is bad there but mostly from people who get off on Helfrich from 141 cutting through, thinking they will get closer to 44 faster by coming down Main to Vance instead of just staying on 141 to begin with.
Maybe it will take one drunk driver to pull out of QT, drive through the fence at the school and kill or mame a few school kids for people to wake up and realize that QT should have never been allowed to come in on that corner.
What I do NOT understand is why they are allowing QT so close to the school when they sell tobacco and alcohol products! When 'The Spot' was across the street, they sold tobacco products. The city could not wait to run them out of town but QT is ok?? I thought they had to be at least 1000 feet away from the school, but I guess big money talks to the city officials so they are going to let QT do whatever the hell they want.
Coffee? Here lately, QT coffee has smelled like warm pee. Go to McDonalds, theirs is much better and they dont strong-arm people out of their homes and businesses when they want to come in and build somewhere. I only spend my money at places who respect and treat people fairly, QT is not one of them however.
and

Auburn Hills, MI

#4 Feb 12, 2008
AMEN

Does NOT matter

#5 Feb 13, 2008
AND, pertaining to your coffee comment, you know what they say, 'Don't buy your fuel where your car does'
and

Auburn Hills, MI

#6 Feb 13, 2008
I will remember that. I buy my fuel at an individually owned snall station.
no love

Auburn Hills, MI

#7 Feb 13, 2008
so do I and they have great coffee and the gas is always a few pennies less.

Does NOT matter

#8 Feb 13, 2008
Even if their gas was a few pennies more, I'd still consider going to them as opposed to QT. Support the local small business owner. He struggles to stay alive while QT tries to eat him alive and put him out of business. Case in point: the Mobil on the Run back on Vance, he never got any tax abatements or asked the city for a thing only to see QT get offered a 25 year tax abatement! QT will put that poor man out of business in no time flat. NOT FAIR. Before we know it, the only gas stations in the country will be QT, the little guy's dont stand a chance. May QT burn in hell..........
BRUCE LEE

Auburn Hills, MI

#9 Feb 13, 2008
yea I agree.....you got the right ideas snot box. and and I buy at the small station too.
OREO

Auburn Hills, MI

#10 Feb 16, 2008
Valley Park does not need a QT. I think some research should be done. Those older houses could be considered a historic site. They a are in excellant shape why make them get out????

Does NOT matter

#11 Feb 16, 2008
This is true. They do not need a QT in that area. Let them put one in up at Helfrich and 141 where there is vacant ground and no one to kick around.
You know how it is though, some people, when they have to drive further than 6 blocks to get to a QT or Walgreens, they consider that a hardship.
Into History

AOL

#12 Feb 16, 2008
I agree. The houses on Vance are 108 years old and built BETTER than ANY house today. One home in particular, the resident is the families 4th generation to live in the home. The house has been occupied by the family since 1904 if not 1900 (research is still being done). A house that old and in that great of shape deserves to remain standing in all its glory as do a few others in the town. No one seems to care though. They all want the convenience of having a QT in that area without any concern to family history/homes, businesses and such.
There is no way to make it a historic site/home/business. Someone famous would have had to lived there, died there, or slept there. Eminent domain and QT have no compassion for sentimental value or any compassion at all for anything. They are ruthless.
nolla

Auburn Hills, MI

#13 Feb 28, 2008
This country is all about GREED. QT is a greedy corporation. If QT goes in there I won't even use the pay phone in front of QTs any longer much less buy anything.
Dr Agnew MD

Auburn Hills, MI

#14 Mar 2, 2008
oh no not a QT there of all places. Rutless bas*****; is there no end to their greed.?
Ninja Gary

AOL

#15 Mar 4, 2008
Not until they are located on every corner they can FORCE their way into and eventually become the only place to buy gas. Ruthless bas*****, you got that right!
Dr Agnew MD

Auburn Hills, MI

#16 Mar 5, 2008
the doctor is always right
sally

United States

#17 Nov 16, 2008
Dr Agnew MD wrote:
oh no not a QT there of all places. Rutless bas*****; is there no end to their greed.?
Of course not doc.
Ruth Moore not Ruth less

AOL

#18 Nov 16, 2008
It's all about big $$. I would surely hate to see the car wash 'go'. Its too conveniently located and cheaper than Mobil on the Run's wash. Personally, I think that they should leave the area alone. So what if its old looking and run down somewhat? It gives a certain charisma to the town. Not everything can be shiny and new like some idiot aldermen want. It's Valley Park, an old river town from way back, leave it the hell alone! If someone wants shiny and brand new, they should move to Wildwood!
sally

United States

#19 Nov 17, 2008
i agree Ruth. Let there be one quiet area left in the town of valley park, adding a QT 24/7/365 would only become a ball of confushion.
sansone

United States

#20 Nov 17, 2008
Maybe if they keepbuilding QT the government will have to bail them out also. I am getting tired of seeing a QT every mile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Valley Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jack eigles 1 hr concerned 4
S tilhaus Kitchens Warrington 4 hr tongsampah106 1
Know Missouri Law Regarding Cameras Before You ... 5 hr PhotographyRocks 16
Plea to Arnold Sewer Customers 5 hr Doris Borgelt 224
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion 5 hr James Osia 690
Flo supports Wes? Wed Amy 12
tea party trainwreck Wed Eileen 16

Freeze Watch for St Louis County was issued at October 30 at 3:54AM CDT

Valley Park Dating
Find my Match