Whodunnit

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2011

UTICA — The Oneida County Sheriff’s Office is investigating an attempted larceny that occurred at the Trenton Town Recycling Center sometime in mid-to-late December
Sheriff’s officials have said a deputy responded to an incident at 250 Veterans Way in which at least one person was believed to be stealing copper piping. The exact date of the incident was not immediately available.
Capt. Richard Antanavige said Town Supervisor Mark Scheidelman is aware of the incident and that it will be up to him and other town officials to decide whether or not to pursue charges against the individual involved.
The individual’s name was not released Tuesday, but he or she is known to town officials and reportedly was not trespassing at the time of the incident.
“We took the complaint against an employee of the recycling center, and it turns out Mr. Scheidelman gave the individual permission to be there,” Antanavige said.
Scheidelman could not be reached for comment Tuesday.
So what

Millbury, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2011

So the supervisor told some kid he could take some garbage, so what. Sherriff Dept. willing to let it go, must not be a big deal? Seems strange though that a town supervisor would authorize people to take recycled materials, that have significant value, that are rightfully the property of town tax payers.

Would sure be helpful to get all the facts. With this brief story, it appears the deputy encountered a larceny in progress, but town supervisor didn't want to press charges against those involved. Why? Court of public opinion will not be as kind as the sherriffs office.
Nutzz

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2011

Judged:

I heard it was 2am when thus occurred !,.. What's up with that ?.. Sounds sketchy
Huh

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2011

Judged:

Too much of that sharing stuff that belongs to all Trenton residents with only special people close to one town official or another. It was the highway superintendent a few years back. The supervisor's been doing this stuff for many years - handing out jobs to get support for his own agenda - letting some people have things and other not - scratching backs that will scratch back.

I heard this time it was another of Mark's live-ins, driving his car.

Stealing is stealing.

Time for new leadership in town government.
a joke

Buskirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2011

Judged:

Mark has alot of skeletons in his closet.. Years ago an underage party where people left an 2 were killed.. about time he pays for all this..
Answers Please

Oswego, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2011

TOWN OF TRENTON — Sheriff’s deputies are trying to determine whether or not two males had permission from town officials to take metal products out of a dumpster at the Trenton Recycling Center Monday evening.

No charges have been filed.

Captain Richard A. Antanavige said someone "reported it as a burglary in progress, and it was actually a larceny attempt" at 7:40 p.m. "Some individuals were inside the recycling center removing some metal products from one of the dumpsters," Antanavige stated. The Recycling Center is located off Route 12 next to the Town Highway Garage, south of Barneveld.

Deputies interviewed the two male suspects at their homes, and Town Supervisor Mark A. Scheidelman responded to the scene, Antanavige stated.

Scheidelman "may have given them permission" to be on the property, Antanavige stated. The captain declined to comment on reports that the two males used Scheidelman’s car and keys to get into the Recycling Center. It remains under investigation "if they either did or didn’t have permission to be there," he said.

Deputies are continuing to conduct interviews into the matter, Antanavige said, and they are "waiting for the town supervisor, if he wants any trespassing or larceny charges." Since the Recycling Center is part of the Town of Trenton, it would be up to Supervisor Scheidelman to press charges, Antanavige stated.

The Trenton Recycling Center was built in 1991, and takes in an average of 1,438 tons of materials each year, according to a town website. It is only open to town residents.(Rome Sentinel)

Live in

Middletown, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2011

Judged:

Mark gave permission to one or some of his live-ins to be there at 2am? This is BS, charge somebody!!!! He should pick his boyf....er....live-ins more carefully. Yeah, I remember the fatal accident after his boyf....er.......live-ins party. How did he squirm out of that one?

I agree, stealing is stealing, permission to do it from a politician just highlights the culture of corruption in government. If sherriff doesn't want to take this one on, maybe it should be looked at from a higher level?

Don't know if true, story around town is that mark was there that night, before, during, or after I don't know.
Huh

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2011

OD says it happened a while ago. Sentinel says Monday. Sentinel says 7:40 pm. Poster here says 2:00 am. Hummmm.... Mark, Mark, Mark ... what have you gotten our poor little town into this time?
Donald

Oswego, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2011

Judged:

Taxpayers are once again the real losers here. Thieves often commit crimes for years before they are finally caught. How long have these crimes, and other despicable activities, been going on?
Where there's smoke there's fire!
tic toc

Waldorf, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2011

Well marc? What are you going to do? Press charges against some of your hired boy-studs, or hope it just goes away?
Maybe you'll get away with it,.you do seem to have a knack for getting away with things.

You did slip up this time, hard to skate when your name is in the news. Looks like a couple job openings in the town.
NDFB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2011

mark wasnt in the state when the party was at his house was being held. and from what i understand, the two killed in the accident never drank at marks house, but got drunk at the floyd field days and just happened to stop their before they thought it was a good idea to go over 100mph on steuben valley rd...howd they think that was gonna work out for them!?
tic toc

Ravena, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2011

Judged:

Marc was letting teenage boys use his house as a party pad. think 2 were living there. He has a history taking young boys in. odd that his wife or girlfriend never objected? Don't kid yourself, whatever alibi he manufactured at the time does not change the fact that he knowingly allowed underaged parties at his house. This fact contributed to those two deaths. certainly not 100% his fault, but his fondness for young boys did contribute. Safe to say he is again contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
Huh

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2011

Doesn't excuse him this time, NDFB.
a joke

Amherst, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2011

Judged:

i dont care if the ones in the car were not drinking there, there was plenty of them that were underage drinking. you cant tell me this was the first underage party held their.. yes it may have been the last..i wont say what i want about the driver of the car.. but its too bad he took a life.. mark has always done things and skated, that was my point.. nothing shocks me when it comes to him..
a joke

Amherst, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2011

oh wait whats the old saying its not who you know but who you blow..
tic toc

Ravena, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2011

Guy they caught last march was charged and fired, lets hope they follow precedent.
Jacob

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2011

Judged:

Stealing from the Town of Trenton Recycling Center and Mark Scheidelman isn't pressing charges against the criminals!?

The Trenton Recycling Center was built in 1991 and guess who's been the Trenton Town Supervisor since then?
Sorry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2011

Judged:

This is just too strange. 2 suspects were interviewed at their homes? Meanwhile, Marc was interviewed at the scene? I highly suspect a grammatical mistake in saying "their homes". My hunch is that it was one home, Marc's home, and Marc responded to the recycling center in an attempt to appease the deputy. In fact, I believe Marc drove to the scene after one of his boy-studs called him and said: "ohhh shitt, sherriffs are here". Might be heresay, around town rumor that Marc asked deputy if they could "just let it go". Hats off to the deputy! Never let a corrupt politician off the hook. He may have political cards to play, but eventually he runs out of cards!! Who want to be new supervisor? Present board should also be voted out for attempting to let this go. Looking the other way (for too many years) is pretty much akin to conspiracy, at least complacency. Most of them wearing diapers anyway.
Sorry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2011

For the record, if the board objected to this behavior, Marc would no longer be the town supervisor.
tic toc

Queensbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

Dont like the way this is shaping up. Between his comments to rome and utica newspapers, marc is saying he was interviewed at home night of larceny, but some how didn't remember what day it was? Unless you have frequent visits from investigators, I'd think that visit would stand out in your mind, christ, it was only two weeks ago!! It's BS that he immediately called the town board to remove himself from the case. Maybe after the deputy told him he wasnt going to look the other way.

Something didn't look right with his comment about excusing himself from the meeting, in the rome paper. Said he announced he had to excuse himself and wasn't sure if the board discussed the larceny after he left. This seems odd, at the point of meeting where a member has a conflict of interest, he "recuses" himself. Which means you don't vote on the outcome of the matter that creates the conflict. You don't walk out of the meeting. Someone needs to foil for those minutes to see who was there, who left, and what was discussed. There were town board meetings on 12/22 and 12/29. Somehow shirley poland missed both those meetings and didn't know about the larceny when utica od called her? Really wish someone foils. Other board members not returning phone calls.

So, sherriff leaving it up to town to decide what to do. Supervisor, Has excused and recused himself from the matter. One board member admits she knows nothing about it, even though the board has met twice since the larceny. Other 3 members aren't talking about it. This whole board is trying to cover this up, don't let them!!!!
Show up at the next board meeting, next wednesday the 12th, see what they are really talking about. Open to the public!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

122 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Cost of UFD Working on Ball Field 4 min what else 9
aldi cheap and welfare patrons food stamps (Nov '12) 29 min Grateful 40
Why Masonic employees smoke on opposite side of... 29 min Jenn 1
Aud Improvements 57 min opening act BTO 14
Bob O posted he had over an hour long talk with... 1 hr Bobbytheaddict 14
How can Zecca run 1 hr Bobbytheaddict 3
Matt Sullivan's $60,000.00 Paycheck-Irish Cultu... (Feb '13) 1 hr Sinn Fein 316
Wetlands permit for Marcy Nanocenter site OK'd 8 hr Utica SamboTech Summit 164
Policelli twins transfering to ND for basketball. 13 hr Utica SamboTech Summit 71
Someone needs to report abuse for "Bobby Lies a... 14 hr cretin riggie 26
riggie hates the life he has been dealt 14 hr cretin riggie 55
Irish Fest 15 hr slapanut 34
•••
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••