AUTOMATED GAS DISPENSER charge??? $1.00 everytime you get gas? WTF!

Posted in the Utica Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Critic

Geneva, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

I know Sunoco is doing it and I just got nailed at Kinney Drugs yesterday. Check your receipts my friends. Big oil and/or their distributors are now charging you $1.00 everytime you use a gas pump. Yet another way to squeeze a buck out of you and I suspect you have no clue.
hank hill

Collegeville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Greedy f*cks. Is it the bank or oil companies doing this? Just curious. Either way, still greedy bastards.
more likely

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

The banks would be charging for using a credit card
Utica Viscount

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

If you don't like it, shop somewhere else. They are a private business and can charge anything they like!
UMMM

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Critic wrote:
I know Sunoco is doing it and I just got nailed at Kinney Drugs yesterday. Check your receipts my friends. Big oil and/or their distributors are now charging you $1.00 everytime you use a gas pump. Yet another way to squeeze a buck out of you and I suspect you have no clue.
Just left kinneys, no dollar charge and they have the lowest diesel in town.
Sam

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Sheetz gas here in Pa just charged my son the last two time he used his card It says pending so he is waiting to see if it is taken off or not when he pays the account in full..if it isn't tit is out of here foe sheetz od r any other business with that practice
Sam

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

In another site says the charge is done to insure there is enough credit on the card, it stay there until the credit card co authorizes the payment??? why the wait and authorize at the pump?? thought that is what happens during the wait.I believe it is just a testing out period to see how buyers react and then all credit card companies will follow suit as a use my card fee..just don't trust how our gov, big oil and credit card companies work together for profit anymore " DISGUSTED "
Wow

Oneida, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

I didn't think this was some big mystery. They don't charge you a dollar. That dollar is an authorization hold to see if your card is open and active. They gas station doesn't charge you the full amount you pump because they don't know what you're going to pump. If you notice, the dollar disappears and the only amount that posts, is the amount you purchased.
T bagz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Sam wrote:
In another site says the charge is done to insure there is enough credit on the card, it stay there until the credit card co authorizes the payment??? why the wait and authorize at the pump?? thought that is what happens during the wait.I believe it is just a testing out period to see how buyers react and then all credit card companies will follow suit as a use my card fee..just don't trust how our gov, big oil and credit card companies work together for profit anymore " DISGUSTED "
Amen brother... Amen.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

257 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The Brindisi's make a threat 13 min Bobby Oliveira 11
Official: Goodbye Comets 19 min Dissociative Disorder 83
no ONE IS JEALOUS OF STD BLACKS WELFARE LIFE 20 min Dumbed down utica 5
new BLACK HOCKEY TEAM THE CRIMINAL STDKNUCKS 21 min Dumbed down utica 6
Palmieri to give Grad speech for USC.....roflmao 21 min Stay In School 11
blacks HACK TOPIX WITH SEE AN SAY SPIN EBONICS ... 21 min Dumbed down utica 6
africa BUILDS NEW NANO BONE PLANT WITH STICKS 22 min Dumbed down utica 6
Observer Dispatch - CNY News For Stupid People 22 min Dumbed down utica 75
Oneida St Shooting 6 hr he is a fool 28