AUTOMATED GAS DISPENSER charge??? $1.00 everytime you get gas? WTF!

Posted in the Utica Forum

Critic

Geneva, NY

#1 Oct 31, 2012
I know Sunoco is doing it and I just got nailed at Kinney Drugs yesterday. Check your receipts my friends. Big oil and/or their distributors are now charging you $1.00 everytime you use a gas pump. Yet another way to squeeze a buck out of you and I suspect you have no clue.
hank hill

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Oct 31, 2012
Greedy f*cks. Is it the bank or oil companies doing this? Just curious. Either way, still greedy bastards.
more likely

Camillus, NY

#3 Oct 31, 2012
The banks would be charging for using a credit card
Utica Viscount

Utica, NY

#4 Oct 31, 2012
If you don't like it, shop somewhere else. They are a private business and can charge anything they like!
UMMM

Utica, NY

#5 Oct 31, 2012
Critic wrote:
I know Sunoco is doing it and I just got nailed at Kinney Drugs yesterday. Check your receipts my friends. Big oil and/or their distributors are now charging you $1.00 everytime you use a gas pump. Yet another way to squeeze a buck out of you and I suspect you have no clue.
Just left kinneys, no dollar charge and they have the lowest diesel in town.
Sam

Altoona, PA

#6 Mar 16, 2013
Sheetz gas here in Pa just charged my son the last two time he used his card It says pending so he is waiting to see if it is taken off or not when he pays the account in full..if it isn't tit is out of here foe sheetz od r any other business with that practice
Sam

Altoona, PA

#7 Mar 16, 2013
In another site says the charge is done to insure there is enough credit on the card, it stay there until the credit card co authorizes the payment??? why the wait and authorize at the pump?? thought that is what happens during the wait.I believe it is just a testing out period to see how buyers react and then all credit card companies will follow suit as a use my card fee..just don't trust how our gov, big oil and credit card companies work together for profit anymore " DISGUSTED "
Wow

Kirkville, NY

#8 Mar 17, 2013
I didn't think this was some big mystery. They don't charge you a dollar. That dollar is an authorization hold to see if your card is open and active. They gas station doesn't charge you the full amount you pump because they don't know what you're going to pump. If you notice, the dollar disappears and the only amount that posts, is the amount you purchased.
T bagz

Rome, NY

#9 Mar 17, 2013
Sam wrote:
In another site says the charge is done to insure there is enough credit on the card, it stay there until the credit card co authorizes the payment??? why the wait and authorize at the pump?? thought that is what happens during the wait.I believe it is just a testing out period to see how buyers react and then all credit card companies will follow suit as a use my card fee..just don't trust how our gov, big oil and credit card companies work together for profit anymore " DISGUSTED "
Amen brother... Amen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Parole Officer Incident at Denny's 4 min APETHOGTACO 206
Utica Ranked 851st 6 min STFU phony dickass 23
The Clifton Blitz Post Dance Frustration! 6 min Ohhhh Yeaaaahh 71
injured WELFARE FAILURE HAS HURT VAG WILL POST ... (Jan '14) 9 min Billy HAMBONE Wil... 6
bn Randazzo STILL LOADED ENJOYING LIFE QUIVERIN... 12 min Billy HAMBONE Wil... 6
Is Topix a True Representation of Utica Region 16 min brightest 46
Nativity scene at NHFD offensive 18 min thirdnameivetried 23
ND defeats Proctor! 38 min Get a life pedo 23
Who's Buying Hotel Utica? Gaetano Ripoff - Unpa... 1 hr The Dodger 101
What's the coward Parole Officers name? 1 hr A Family Affair I... 56
Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:58 am PST

NBC Sports 3:58AM
Wednesday morning one-liners
Bleacher Report 7:57 AM
NFL Playoffs: What the Green Bay Packers Need to Do to Make a Super Bowl Run
NBC Sports 8:50 AM
Osi Umenyiora tells Jonathan Massaquoi to keep complaints private
ESPN10:15 AM
Vick has paid down nearly all of $18M debt
NBC Sports12:29 PM
Giants safety Rolle not listening to the critics - NBC Sports
ESPN12:35 PM
Rolle wants to finish his career with Giants
ESPN 2:28 PM
Revis: Rex's shaky status with Jets is 'sad'
Bleacher Report 3:02 PM
Michael Vick Reportedly Has Paid off Almost Entire $17.8M Debt Owed to Creditors
NBC Sports 3:57 PM
Win and hope: Bills focus solely on facing Raiders - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 4:27 PM
Revis heads back to MetLife Stadium as Jets' enemy - NBC Sports