Comments
1 - 20 of 36 Comments Last updated Aug 10, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
I know

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

This company is the worst place to work in Utica and needs new management. They layoff peope that are the best in the place and other operators of the folding machines have no clue how to get those machines to run. I believe Brodock is on its way out of business, bad management from Ed Goff and above him to the owners. They got no clue how to run a bisiness and anyone can see that if they were to go in that place for 5 minutes.
sure

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 4, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

1

I love how people who are workers tell people who have run a business for decades they do not know what they are doing. If you knew anything you would be the owner and they would be the worker. Shut up and do what you are told
brodock

Blossvale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 4, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

sure wrote:
I love how people who are workers tell people who have run a business for decades they do not know what they are doing. If you knew anything you would be the owner and they would be the worker. Shut up and do what you are told
The current owners likely inherited the business, so assuming they have any idea what they're doing isn't necessarily true.
My dad went to work there after being at Dodge Graphic for 30 years. He says the exact same thing; the place is a joke and nobody know's what's going on.
Go back to school

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I know wrote:
This company is the worst place to work in Utica and needs new management. They layoff peope that are the best in the place and other operators of the folding machines have no clue how to get those machines to run. I believe Brodock is on its way out of business, bad management from Ed Goff and above him to the owners. They got no clue how to run a bisiness and anyone can see that if they were to go in that place for 5 minutes.
Ed is a great guy who is abused with the rest of them. He's not the cause. You write poorly, so no one is going to take you seriously.

The got no clue? Really? Got? Ignorance ...I can't tolerate it.
I know

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Love how ppl got to bitch about how ppl write.... R u school teach or just a bitch?
Sam

Germantown, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

If it is run so bad why do you not go and open a place to compete with them . Usually people who can do those who can not work for someone else and complain about it. I hope you are not getting above minimum wage - better yet become a consultant and make millions on what other people should do with their money
I know

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

They inherited the company from the father and what kind of company lets the better employees go and keep the ones that get no production done and has foul language. IS THAT HOW TO RUN A BUSINESS???????
Red

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

It's very plan and clear just like most kids that take over a place they don't have a clue how to run it cus all they cared about was the money they got when daddy was around. Now daddy's gone and they have to take over and by the sounds of it the are firing anyone who makes to much so they can get more money. In the end they will sink or swim but I'm guessing a slow decline till it's gone right along with all the jobs.
I know

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 5, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

If you think barb and craig brodock care about anybody but themselves you are a stupid ass look in the mirror at the stupid ass! their business will not survive! If you dont believe me bring your dumb ass down to the plant and ask those wonderful people for a tour. all they care about is the almighty dollar and how much goes into their pockets! So if you think different go look in the mirror at the stupid ass again!
Tony Soprano

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 5, 2012
 
I know wrote:
They inherited the company from the father and what kind of company lets the better employees go and keep the ones that get no production done and has foul language. IS THAT HOW TO RUN A BUSINESS???????
Sounds like you are correct. They shoud ave kept the person you are saying was let go and fired you!
I know

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 5, 2012
 
WTF!!!???
I know

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 5, 2012
 
Tony Soprano wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like you are correct. They shoud ave kept the person you are saying was let go and fired you!
shoud? ave? WTF?
been there

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 5, 2012
 
Craig and Barb most likely don't know what a real manager could do for their place because they never had one. I was let go over 4 years ago now and I believe I know who the guy is that was let go. If it's who I'm thinking of, he was the best that place has seen in a long time. Whats the matter ed, you don't like someone who knows more than you?
world traveler

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 6, 2012
 
The fat pig is going to over eat and die.barbbie-doll will take the money and run to south Florida,and look for another old sucker.and be banging the pool boy on the side.end of story.
wrong

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 6, 2012
 
Sam wrote:
If it is run so bad why do you not go and open a place to compete with them . Usually people who can do those who can not work for someone else and complain about it. I hope you are not getting above minimum wage - better yet become a consultant and make millions on what other people should do with their money
EXACTLY!!!!!
world traveler

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 6, 2012
 
Wait I forgot barb will get a face lift,boob job ,drive his red sports car that he does not even fit in LOL, plus shoot to Alex bay so she can float down to south florida.well I bet a big bad shopping spree will be in the works to. She may end up best friends with the xwife down there.I rest my case amen.
Myview

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 6, 2012
 
I have a good friend who worked there for many years. The company cried that they needed to make cuts, so they offered a reduction in pay as one solution. Many took it, wanting to keep their jobs. After a few months, they let these workers go. It was all a setup so they would pay less towards unemployment. However, they continue to drive around in these luxury autos. Go figure. All about the owners is right. If you make a good wage, they will figure out a way to reduce it or get rid of you and replace you with lower income help.
The facts

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 8, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

After reading all the posts on this topic, it sounds like nothing has changed since I left there a few years ago. It's a sad situation because the place was founded by a wonderful man that knew the relationship between himself and his employees was very imperative. I have seen individuals come to work there that could have made a difference in the place but existing management for some reason feels threatened by this. I can't believe Craig allows this type of devastating management to slowly deteriorate his company and his fathers moral values. They have had meeting after meeting and nothing changes because the management team is most likely unqualified to manage people and even more importantly, direct a multimillion dollar company in the right direction. I don't know about now, but when I was there, machines were outdated, not kept up mechanically, but still held people accountable for quality. I have a feeling not to much has changed in a positive direction because every time a Brodock post pops up, it's all the same stuff over and over again. Enough said!!
Loser

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

been there wrote:
Craig and Barb most likely don't know what a real manager could do for their place because they never had one. I was let go over 4 years ago now and I believe I know who the guy is that was let go. If it's who I'm thinking of, he was the best that place has seen in a long time. Whats the matter ed, you don't like someone who knows more than you?
Stop your belly aching. If you were let go, then you were either a slacker, alcoholic, or both. Probably ran your weasel mouth, just like you are now and finally someone did what they should have a long time before,...showed you to the door!!:) Now you can't get a job, wish you never opened your mouth, and need to blame everyone else.

Get control of your life and move you on. You sound so petty and small. Cry your river, build a bridge, and GET OVER IT!

If you have children, I feel very, very sorry for them. You haven't matured out of junior high yet.
The Queen

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

The facts wrote:
After reading all the posts on this topic, it sounds like nothing has changed since I left there a few years ago. It's a sad situation because the place was founded by a wonderful man that knew the relationship between himself and his employees was very imperative. I have seen individuals come to work there that could have made a difference in the place but existing management for some reason feels threatened by this. I can't believe Craig allows this type of devastating management to slowly deteriorate his company and his fathers moral values. They have had meeting after meeting and nothing changes because the management team is most likely unqualified to manage people and even more importantly, direct a multimillion dollar company in the right direction. I don't know about now, but when I was there, machines were outdated, not kept up mechanically, but still held people accountable for quality. I have a feeling not to much has changed in a positive direction because every time a Brodock post pops up, it's all the same stuff over and over again. Enough said!!
They abuse everyone. Whether you are the best of the best, or the worst of the worst. Barb treats 'em all the same. Like her personal slaves. I like when deadlines cannot be met, machines are not running, and she is screaming at employees because she gave a direct order for them to go to her house and finish mowing her lawn. Many, MANY occasions, she has employees go to her home and work during company hours on her personal stuff. It's ridiculous.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

102 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Teachers have Cadilac Pensions? (Jan '13) 13 min Harvard Alum 241
Utica Rescue Mission 45 min flash mob 52
ND or Proctor Football: Who will have the bette... 1 hr Phil DiPerna 22
Utica's Old Main Opens for Rare Public Tour Aug... 1 hr Blidiussdocovof 12
177,000 promised to be payed with a shrimp bar,... 4 hr dark LAW 1
Who is Adrienne seeing now ? 5 hr Diane Pakmer 9
Say no to unions! 5 hr Diane Pakmer 58
utica aud 5 hr Year Early 34
Debate: Ferguson - Utica, NY 7 hr Becky Wittman 86
Charter School 9 hr Jeezus 27
Girl in Jay K commercial 13 hr dodo 7
New Baseball Coach Named 15 hr D1kids 31
•••
•••
•••
Utica Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••