Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated May 29, 2012
Baseball Mother

Oneida, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 26, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

This man is off the wall and his behavior is unacceptable. He should lead by examaple. His filthy language and behavior awful. He needs to leave Proctor. He is an embarrassment to the students, parents and city. karam shoulde deal with him!
Just me

Baldwinsville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 26, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Baseball Mother wrote:
This man is off the wall and his behavior is unacceptable. He should lead by examaple. His filthy language and behavior awful. He needs to leave Proctor. He is an embarrassment to the students, parents and city. karam shoulde deal with him!
Where have you people been during the past two decades, plus. This isn't something he morphed into overnight. This is his M.O. He has exhibited the same behavior since the beginning of his tenure. He epitomizes the Proctor High School personna. That's why he stays in this position.
jason

Blossvale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 26, 2012
 
'baseball mothers' son probably was a 'bench warmer' lmfao, and 'just me' well, her son was the bat/water boy!
lemme enlighten you

Red Hook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 26, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

So, it's ok to threaten the ump? With death no less. Karam won't do $hit! He's a good ole boy. Typical old Proctor coaching mentality. Like Leo, Asselta, Stamboly.
no lemme enlighten YOU

Blossvale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 26, 2012
 
lemme enlighten you wrote:
So, it's ok to threaten the ump? With death no less. Karam won't do $hit! He's a good ole boy. Typical old Proctor coaching mentality. Like Leo, Asselta, Stamboly.
YOU are so FULL OF IT that it is coming out of your ears...guido has NEVER made threats to any of us umpires, let alone death threats..It must be a figment of YOUR imagination...Not a one of us can confirm YOUR LIE. As for Mr. Karam, well, he knows a good coach..after all he has been coaching 30 + years with minor complaints like the 'likes of you"..Lemme enlighten YOU, Know it all.
This coach is scum

Cortland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 26, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

jason wrote:
'baseball mothers' son probably was a 'bench warmer' lmfao, and 'just me' well, her son was the bat/water boy!
So in other words your little league team is just a little game for you to play with kids emotions is it? You sound like a pedophile scumbag Coach Guido. The shit you say to make yourself sound right reveals you're a pathetic little loser of a man and this was the best you could drum up for some pathetic recognition in your life. No wonder people are leaving baseball in droves to have their kids participate in real sports not play politics with children and "get revenge" and gloat about who you the President of the Universe of Baseball Retardeation and Immaturity punished to sit on a bench? What scum lowlife you must be coach. You're exactly the type of person these parents deserve for enlisting them in such a pathetic youth experience anyway. GFY loser.
This coach is scum

Cortland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 26, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

There's nothing so funny as a self obsessed littleman.
Baseball Mother

Oneida, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 26, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

This coach is scum wrote:
There's nothing so funny as a self obsessed littleman.
Thank you. My son is a great baseball player and because we the parents didn't kiss up to Guido he didn't play as much as we thought he should have.

Also, how about the tickets we needed to sell and the party was at DJ's on Rutger Street and Guido didn 't talk to the parents except Donovan....

He is useless, nasty and the filty names he called the players.
mcmillan

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 26, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

no lemme enlighten YOU wrote:
<quoted text>YOU are so FULL OF IT that it is coming out of your ears...guido has NEVER made threats to any of us umpires, let alone death threats..It must be a figment of YOUR imagination...Not a one of us can confirm YOUR LIE. As for Mr. Karam, well, he knows a good coach..after all he has been coaching 30 + years with minor complaints like the 'likes of you"..Lemme enlighten YOU, Know it all.
have to lol. proctor gets such an advantage from local umpires it makes me sick ..they all hang out together and most are proctor grads and make sure they get handpicked umps for big games and handpicked refs in basketball...in order to get big games u better make coaches happy...my opinion only ....
mcmillan

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 26, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Baseball Mother wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you. My son is a great baseball player and because we the parents didn't kiss up to Guido he didn't play as much as we thought he should have.
Also, how about the tickets we needed to sell and the party was at DJ's on Rutger Street and Guido didn 't talk to the parents except Donovan....
He is useless, nasty and the filty names he called the players.
he needed Donovan for Murnane field and money...he knew his kid was mediocre ..politics at its best...he has his favorites look at this years team
Priorities

Cortland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 26, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Another reason not to subject your child to immature losers who think a game is so so important. At least you mentioned that few of them proctor baseball stars never got too far in life!
lemme enlighten you

Sutton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 27, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

no lemme enlighten YOU wrote:
<quoted text>YOU are so FULL OF IT that it is coming out of your ears...guido has NEVER made threats to any of us umpires, let alone death threats..It must be a figment of YOUR imagination...Not a one of us can confirm YOUR LIE. As for Mr. Karam, well, he knows a good coach..after all he has been coaching 30 + years with minor complaints like the 'likes of you"..Lemme enlighten YOU, Know it all.
. Hey Dave, stop getting Ralph Leo to post for you!
i know

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 27, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Baseball Mother wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you. My son is a great baseball player and because we the parents didn't kiss up to Guido he didn't play as much as we thought he should have.
Also, how about the tickets we needed to sell and the party was at DJ's on Rutger Street and Guido didn 't talk to the parents except Donovan....
He is useless, nasty and the filty names he called the players.
your son stinks, in your eyes he is a great baseball player because he is a momma's boy now go wipe his ass for him. you are funny a mother that doesn't know a thing about baseball. go get a man in your life to teach your son how to play.
The top

Cortland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

i know wrote:
<quoted text>your son stinks, in your eyes he is a great baseball player because he is a momma's boy now go wipe his ass for him. you are funny a mother that doesn't know a thing about baseball. go get a man in your life to teach your son how to play.
A man would be teaching the kids something useful not reliving some ridiculous ball glory trip. You and your weird little baseball starstruck values sound kinda pathetic. I wouldn't leave my kid anywhere near you either. Get a life "coach".
bench warmer too

Blossvale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 28, 2012
 
to poster # 6..I think Jason hit YOUR LAST nerve...you sound VERY angry over such trivial stuff...what will you do with a serious issue?? makes me wonder..by the way, instead of mouthing off about something YOU apparently know NOTHING about, why don't you sit with a 6th grade spelling book and learn how to spell( retardation) is the correct spelling!

in conclusion, it sounds as if you were a 'bench warmer'....did you get slivers? kids are resilient..most of them 'get over it'.
fwiw

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Here is the thing...

It is not about mom's who want their kids to play more, or politics over talent, or good ole boy, or whatever. It is about class.

I don't care how many years or wins a coach has, they are not a great coach unless they have the ability to teach their athletes, parents, peers, etc., that winning is the goal, but winning right is more important.

This isn't mlb. You don't have to throw tantrums, cursing and threatening people, especially umpires. You accept calls within the rules as they come, and you teach players to play hard despite them. After the game, you want to walk over and discuss a judgement call like an adult, fine. But to have a reputation for such juvenile behavior is a disgrace to the district that employs him.

That is all there is to it. Former players and personal friends can continue to defend him, but deep down they know he simply lacks class and maturity.
abc

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 29, 2012
 
After all is said and done, coach guido is still one of the best around
fwiw

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 29, 2012
 
abc wrote:
After all is said and done, coach guido is still one of the best around
Perhaps he is. Define best. Longest tenured? Most wins? Development of talent? Consistent success?

Tenure - The best move up. If you are a coach at one level for 30 years, there is a reason. And that reason is rarely: "I don't want the higher pay, higher visibility, or chance to prove myself at the next level." No. Coaches stall out for a reason. I don't see his tenure as a sign that he is the best. I see it as a statement that outside of Proctor, he is not in demand.

Most wins - Career wins are a function of talent and time. Proctor has talent, always has. This coach has had time. He should lead local coaches in wins. I don't see his win tally as a sign that he is the best. I see it as a reflection of the district's consistent talent pool, and the extensive time he has spent there as head coach.

Development of talent - Are athletes going on to play at a higher level? College? Signing contracts? If they are, to claim he is the best because kids advance, in my opinion, that gives him too much credit for their personal talent, commitment, and success.

Consistent success - This is his strongest argument to being the baseball god he feels he is. Here, I agree. He has built a program that is a perennial power. Yes they are talented. Yes it is a large school. But he is in charge, and he has delivered. I would argue that there are other coaches that could lead a baseball program to consistent success at proctor, and they could do it without the drama, suffocating ego, immaturity, and poor sportsmanship. They could do it while they set a good example for the the athletes, and while representing the district in a positive light. But that does not mean the current coach has not excelled, or that he does not deserve credit in this context.
wow

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 29, 2012
 
proctor is the biggest school for enrollment in section 3 with cns ... they have a big advantage in all sports everyyear because of the talent pool to pick from ....they have numbers and depth no matter who coaches talent usually prevails

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ND or Proctor Football: Who will have the bette... 25 min Hmmmm 58
Local protest to be held today in Utica for Mic... 56 min fyi 5
Major Constuction (Dec '13) 1 hr Big Daddy 31
utica national (Jun '13) 1 hr OCOC1986 517
How do you know Adam and Eve were not black ? 1 hr Big Head Al 3
What's the difference between a naked white wom... 1 hr giantslipknucc 1
utica aud 1 hr tarsuite 78
To The Resident Topix Racist 2 hr CPU 22
Debate: Ferguson - Utica, NY 11 hr my opinion 94

Search the Utica Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••