Next Last
NY John

Rome, NY

#1 Jul 5, 2012
Why does WKTV news suck so bad
Utica

New York, NY

#2 Jul 5, 2012
Bad Management...They call the shots, who to hire, fire, what to produce or not to produce...
ie. too much of Bill Kardas who says little about the weather....busy showing pictures and talking about the adirondacks!
LOL

Frankfort, NY

#3 Jul 5, 2012
NY John wrote:
Why does WKTV news suck so bad
Its called budget and experience, both of which are lacking.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#4 Jul 5, 2012
You can always change the channel. Viewers do have a choice between WKTV, YNN, and WUTR.
Valley Neighbor

New York, NY

#5 Jul 5, 2012
WUTR_News wrote:
You can always change the channel. Viewers do have a choice between WKTV, YNN, and WUTR.
Not for the morning news, there is just WKTV with the two clowns, Don & Jenel. If Jenel's voice gets any higher she is going to shatter glass.

Level 8

New York, NY

#6 Jul 5, 2012
It's only worth watching when Jill is doing the weather
hmwowwww

Springfield, PA

#7 Jul 5, 2012
And Don the prick licking flamer!! LOL
Good English

Utica, NY

#8 Jul 6, 2012
How about Jenel this morning reporting that the missing "bodies" have been found dead...what other choice would a body have?
Bart

Auburn, NY

#9 Jul 6, 2012
Good English wrote:
How about Jenel this morning reporting that the missing "bodies" have been found dead...what other choice would a body have?
WKTV only hires people who are willing to work for near minimum wage. Any applicants that are actually qualified for a position won't bother applying there as they won't work for peanuts. The result is that the station is staffed with people who know nothing about the English language. They know little about grammer. They think street slang is proper. There is nobody currently at WKTV that could ever survive in any other area on TV. It is not going to get any better. WUTR is not much better and not much of a threat to the crap journalism of WKTV.

Level 8

New York, NY

#10 Jul 6, 2012
True, but the weather girl is hot!
PezzDiSpenser

Utica, NY

#11 Jul 8, 2012
YNN - 10 times better
Funny

Baldwinsville, NY

#12 Jul 8, 2012
Quit WKTV when Copeland took acting lessons and began to channel Katie Couric. Elsa Gillis at WUTR is a classy professional anchor and much more pleasing to the eyes.
race

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Jul 8, 2012
Funny wrote:
Quit WKTV when Copeland took acting lessons and began to channel Katie Couric. Elsa Gillis at WUTR is a classy professional anchor and much more pleasing to the eyes.
the new iPad app is great.
My opinion

Utica, NY

#14 Jul 8, 2012
Jenel is hot!!!!
Valley Neighbor

New York, NY

#15 Jul 8, 2012
My opinion wrote:
Jenel is hot!!!!
She would look better back in Maryland where she came from.
Im done

Utica, NY

#16 Jul 8, 2012
AM news...Besides being misinformed, they consistently mispronounce names of people and towns.
They are too giggly and I can't stand Jenel's voice! It's ON- not awwwwn!
PezzDiSpenser

Utica, NY

#17 Jul 8, 2012
Don(na) needs to cut the giggling out after every other word he says. Got so sick of it during the Boilermaker had to switch to a different channel. At one point it was funny though - the band was playing All the Single Ladies and Jenel was commenting on how she loves that song. Don(na) was giggling as usually - was probably thinking/waiting for them to play All The Married Women.

Level 1

Since: Jun 11

Utica, NY

#18 Jul 8, 2012
Jenel is bad...not able to pronounce local community names while trying to muffle her natural accent is a tad grating in the morning.
My opinion

Utica, NY

#19 Jul 8, 2012
Utica Mailman wrote:
Jenel is bad...not able to pronounce local community names while trying to muffle her natural accent is a tad grating in the morning.
How would she know local community names if shes not from around here??

Level 1

Since: Jun 11

Utica, NY

#20 Jul 8, 2012
My opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
How would she know local community names if shes not from around here??
if you are going to be a professional on-air newscaster, you learn the local nuances.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utica teachers to Kids: Drop Dead 9 min Wondering 30
SU - NCAA Sanctions Utica Lawyer Involved 16 min I dont pay for it 2
Rat Picente endorses Cuomo in TV ads 25 min Never Seen Winter 57
JFK high school 1975 to 1979 (Nov '09) 48 min stoney 142
summit cars 59 min Venice 7
Dave Abraham 1 hr Curious 10
Jobs coming in Utica with potential impact on L... 1 hr Tolerance is a Vi... 24
Bobby Zumpano - Dave's Big Brother BUSTED 2 hr WSYR Reporter-soo... 7
Big drug bust new hartford 25,000 cash money 5 hr Idiot 23
Utica Dating