Troopers stopping cars at exit 31 Utica

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hmm

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Jun 26, 2012
Tons of cops checking cars getting on and off of exit 31 in Utica - asked what was going on and they said just "just checking into thing" - something big was going on - they were checking every car & many had to pull over ...,couldn't find anything on the news.
wondering

Watertown, NY

#2 Jun 26, 2012
I too am wondering what is going on - tons of red lights

“Getting To The Meat Of It”

Level 8

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#3 Jun 26, 2012
Probably just trying to find why people would be coming to Utica.
Hmm

Danielson, CT

#4 Jun 26, 2012
That would be a huge waste of man power. They were checking certain cars & others letting through. It appeared that they were looking for someone or something....
Mr Meat Head wrote:
Probably just trying to find why people would be coming to Utica.
orwell

United States

#5 Jun 27, 2012
Completely normal in a police state, get used to it.
wasteful

Baldwinsville, NY

#7 Jun 27, 2012
they were doing the same thing at the Rhinebeck Bridge on Monday. Probably just looking at registation and inspection stickers
LOL

Syracuse, NY

#8 Jun 27, 2012
the truth wrote:
The Troopers had a "tip" that a shipment of drugs was coming in. They knew what they were looking for - type of car, occupants, etc.
Don't ever underestimate what Law Enforcement knows!!!!
Too bad the shipment of bathsalts got off on exit 32 PO PO missed em this time. Now who's hungry?
Shipwreck Lady

Syracuse, NY

#9 Jun 27, 2012
"Boss, we hired too many troopers and they don't have enough to do!"

"Well, let's have them perform random checkpoints on the thruway."

"Won't the travelers get freaked out?"

"Just say that we have a "anonymous tip" about an enormous shipment of narcotics. They never question us after that."

"Good idea boss! That should keep hundreds of hirees occupied"
ummm

New York, NY

#10 Jun 27, 2012
the truth wrote:
The Troopers had a "tip" that a shipment of drugs was coming in. They knew what they were looking for - type of car, occupants, etc.

Don't ever underestimate what Law Enforcement knows!!!!
that was exit 33 Duh!!!
Enough

New York, NY

#11 Jun 27, 2012
Shipwreck Lady wrote:
"Boss, we hired too many troopers and they don't have enough to do!"
"Well, let's have them perform random checkpoints on the thruway."
"Won't the travelers get freaked out?"
"Just say that we have a "anonymous tip" about an enormous shipment of narcotics. They never question us after that."
"Good idea boss! That should keep hundreds of hirees occupied"
Couldn't get hired on, huh?
Hombre

Baldwinsville, NY

#12 Jun 27, 2012
Enough wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't get hired on, huh?
Yeah, she had too much integrity, and too clean a background check. That might interfere with their self serving, agenda.

We were better off before the days of exorbitant pay. People were genuinely, wanting, to perform public service. Now, it's all about money and the opportunity to exercise (abuse) their authority.

People have no longer respect them, because of the way they conduct themselves, plus the fact they are "above the law" and never receive the same punishment as a civilian does for equally bad behavior. To add insult, they openly flaunt it, and possess a sense of entitlement to it.

Protection? The only protection I need, is FROM a bunch of fat, out shape, uniformed, arrogant a-holes with a gun, and without a full sense of right and wrong.
Yeah Right

Baldwinsville, NY

#13 Jun 27, 2012
the truth wrote:
The Troopers had a "tip" that a shipment of drugs was coming in. They knew what they were looking for - type of car, occupants, etc.
Don't ever underestimate what Law Enforcement knows!!!!
If they knew what they were looking for, why didn't they just wait for that car with those occupants,instead of harassing everyone else? Boulderdash!
Enough

New York, NY

#14 Jun 27, 2012
Hombre wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, she had too much integrity, and too clean a background check. That might interfere with their self serving, agenda.
We were better off before the days of exorbitant pay. People were genuinely, wanting, to perform public service. Now, it's all about money and the opportunity to exercise (abuse) their authority.
People have no longer respect them, because of the way they conduct themselves, plus the fact they are "above the law" and never receive the same punishment as a civilian does for equally bad behavior. To add insult, they openly flaunt it, and possess a sense of entitlement to it.
Protection? The only protection I need, is FROM a bunch of fat, out shape, uniformed, arrogant a-holes with a gun, and without a full sense of right and wrong.
You sound like a huge cry baby. Must be the are where you live. I have found that when you show someone respect, you usually get it back. I imagine some LEOs do get jaded after dealing with citizens like you for long enough.
WTF

Utica, NY

#15 Jun 27, 2012
Their looking for bath salts coming in from out of state. Utica is the bath salt capital of the world.
Ur smoking Craaaack

Cortland, NY

#16 Jun 27, 2012
the truth wrote:
The Troopers had a "tip" that a shipment of drugs was coming in. They knew what they were looking for - type of car, occupants, etc.
Don't ever underestimate what Law Enforcement knows!!!!
They know what people tell them. And less and less no days because unless it's something huge who wants to be "!!!Suspected!!!! and nosed around in your life? The best life is always staying clean and above all the drugs bs and scams so when they start sticking their noses in your face you can say hot the road nothing to see here we tried it the nice way for years and all that ever got was people getting wise. Fqqqm and all that drug war bs the more people that eat eachothers heads off the less to feed. I don't even CARE what that's bout it just sound great!
lee vitalone

Utica, NY

#17 Jun 27, 2012
HA! they missed me!
Revenue Agents

Cortland, NY

#18 Jun 27, 2012
Don't forget the usual reason they do it under the pretense of "helping"....... Money.
wasteful wrote:
they were doing the same thing at the Rhinebeck Bridge on Monday. Probably just looking at registation and inspection stickers
Not sure

West Chester, PA

#19 Jun 27, 2012
Its done to direct a potential courier to another exit where they can be followed to where the dope is dropped.
utycan

Utica, NY

#20 Jun 28, 2012
"Ve vant to see your papers."
benny

United States

#21 Jun 28, 2012
If the general public lets them get away with it so be jt more and more of your civil rights are being chewed away at and it started with bush and 911 putting americans on a parinoid state of mindset.when the people have had enough this will stop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are Any Blacks In Utica Actually Married? 11 min DarkSide 21
More Robert T Oliveira Lies 17 min TGS 8
bobby mancuso finally fired from UFD 26 min Kit 38
NY TRooper KURT SCHAFSTECK and Wife Ramona 1 hr WFD 15
How many trick or treaters did you get last year? 1 hr Peter file 6
Big drug bust new hartford 25,000 cash money 1 hr Fat Clemenzo 52
Will Notre Dame make it to the dome 1 hr TLBF 21
Hotel Utica Closing 5 hr Mike 9
Fr. Felix Colosimo (Jan '14) 5 hr Zoe 77
Dawn Catera lupi 5 hr c worker 15
Utica Dating
Find my Match

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]