Victim of deadly shooting in Upland identified

Full story: Inland Valley Daily Bulletin

A man shot and killed in Upland early Monday has been identified by coroner's officials as 55-year-old Gilbert George Bribiesca.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of45
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
ctm

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2010

god bless you brother
Truth

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2010

People are dropping like flys in Upland this month... It's only going to get worse since the Police Department is short 15 Officers and response times will be extended. Upland needs a new City Manager as soon as possible before the city goes down the tubes...
Spend More Tax Money

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2010

Dropping like "flies." I love it when city employees use tragedies to try and create employment for their bum-ass friends and family.
Spend More Tax Money

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2010

To be clear, I used a three letter word, not a four letter word. "Bum-****" would be a location.
huh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2010

when did upland get so ghetto? this must be below foothill, and if so not really considered upland in my books.
Brad Butler

Victorville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2010

huh wrote:
when did upland get so ghetto? this must be below foothill, and if so not really considered upland in my books.
In my book, anything below foothill is really considered unincorporated bean erville.
Sick of it

Upland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Brad Butler wrote:
<quoted text>In my book, anything below foothill is really considered unincorporated bean erville.
Well for you two smart guys, not all of us are "beaners" that live below Foothill, there are still a lot of decent people that live down here in the "ghetto". Sadly, the good people are being slowly pushed out by the riff-raff.
Thanks to the all the low income housing and Upland's love affair with apartments.
corruption

Victorville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Upland is the worst city to live in, if your in San Bernardino County.
blank

Claremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

corruption wrote:
i'm guessing you've never heard of fontanna and rialto have you?
Ben Dover - Upland

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

corruption wrote:
From your city ID I would say Victorville, Hesperia, and Adelanto rank among the top 10 worst cities to live in the IE along with Colton, Fontan, Rialto, Bloomington, San Bernardino, Muscoy, and Phelan. Some parts of south Upland are not fit to live in, and its those places that have 95% of the crime. Do more research before you open your mouth on a public forum, you sound like an idiot.
madison

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

corruption wrote:
No,kidding.Better live in Upland then Victorville.
sandeace

Alameda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

I agree with "sick of it" but I am not ready to give up on my neighborhood. I am more concerned with apparent lack of an explanation from the Police as to what happened. I live close by and no one has reported on the real story of what happened. A few lines in the paper about the victim are not enough. When are the officials in Upland and the reports from Daily Bulletin going to care about these type of crimes and do the right thing.
south side

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

How come no follow up Daily B.?
Can only assume the cops know what went on so don't want to give their hand away til they make arrests.. but then again I remember talking to a couple of female cops parked in their patrol cars taking a break (on the south side) a few years back. They didn't seem to care to much about the area. Can't remember what I asked them but won't forget one person's response "I just punch in and punch out" They both had such an apathetic attitude for a police officer that I wonder if it's common in the Upland PD.
hunkie boy

Fontana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2010

upland,fontana,pomona people shot dead. arm yourslf. the minorities have made this a violent world.
Here

Upland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2010

If this is the same guy that I think it is, he had serious mental problems. He would chase random people down on the near by bike trail, stand in the middle of the street refusing to move and swing at passers by in their car, he would sit on his front porch and grunt, shake his head, and claw at his face.
He probably just ran into the wrong person acting all crazy and got himself killed.
Only reason it seems like minorities are making this a violent world is because the news only shows minority crime. Plenty of crime commited by non minorities goes unreported in the media. That is fact. I've seen it first hand. there is no "wonderful" race.
Ben Dover - Upland

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2010

Here wrote:
If this is the same guy that I think it is, he had serious mental problems. He would chase random people down on the near by bike trail, stand in the middle of the street refusing to move and swing at passers by in their car, he would sit on his front porch and grunt, shake his head, and claw at his face.
He probably just ran into the wrong person acting all crazy and got himself killed.
Only reason it seems like minorities are making this a violent world is because the news only shows minority crime. Plenty of crime commited by non minorities goes unreported in the media. That is fact. I've seen it first hand. there is no "wonderful" race.
Your facts are flawed. Most of the crimes ARE committed by minorities, check the jails, prisons, and police departments. We do live in a violent world, not seems like we do that is also a fact. Minorites are the problem, and they do commit the majority of the violent crimes in society, you just are naive and probably too young to know any better.
south side

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2010

Hoping this isn't a random act of violence so just checked the San Bernardino Court web site. There you will find that the deceased had some disorderly conduct charges and vandalism charges against him. But the whopper is he had a temporary restraining order filed against him (Domestic violence) 3 months ago and was ordered to move out of the residence where the shooting occurred. So looks like a justifiable homicide. Too bad, looks like they had lived there for almost 40 years.
So maybe we can have some closure on this case?
Here

Upland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2010

Ben Dover - Upland wrote:
<quoted text> Your facts are flawed. Most of the crimes ARE committed by minorities, check the jails, prisons, and police departments. We do live in a violent world, not seems like we do that is also a fact. Minorites are the problem, and they do commit the majority of the violent crimes in society, you just are naive and probably too young to know any better.
I never said minorities don't commit crimes. I know that they do. I also know that this is a violent world. More violent now than ever before.
All I said was that non minorities commit crimes, too, though I will say that my choice of the word seems was wrong. If a person got every bit of their information from the news media, they would have you believe that minorities are roaming the streets in packs looking for non minorities to kill and rape. Fact is that most minority crime is commited against other minorities. Not all minorities are oppurtunist, thieves, or even interested in non minorities at all. A bad person is a bad person regardless of his skin color.
But whatever, I'm not here to debate. We can go back and forth over this for months and nothing will change, so as far as that topic goes, I'm done with it.
I just live near this late man, and saw all the comments and decided to give a bit of info on the victim. Basically he was extremely messed up, and his death was no surprise. He had an equally disturbed sister or wife that would run through the community screaming at random residents and throwing eggs at their houses at night. I don't know where she went.
Here

Upland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2010

south side wrote:
Hoping this isn't a random act of violence so just checked the San Bernardino Court web site. There you will find that the deceased had some disorderly conduct charges and vandalism charges against him. But the whopper is he had a temporary restraining order filed against him (Domestic violence) 3 months ago and was ordered to move out of the residence where the shooting occurred. So looks like a justifiable homicide. Too bad, looks like they had lived there for almost 40 years.
So maybe we can have some closure on this case?
So that lady was probably his wife. There was some weird stuff going on in that house, that's for sure. It's too bad that stuff like this gets started in the first place.
But yes, closure indeed.
I agree about closure. It's over with now.
Ben. Sorry that my first post was poorly worded.(I just re-read it)
Wasabi

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2010

Will you sign my petition to change the city's name to "Whassupland?"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of45
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Upland Discussions

Search the Upland Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Fight On 26,125
Ontario man charged with burning puppy that lat... 2 hr Kurtz 1
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 4 hr Bruno 199,108
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 5 hr Jean Quan 15,675
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 6 hr Get Right or Get Left 7,326
Review: Haronian Edwin MD 20 hr Hatili Contreras 1
List of all the tagging crews in Pomona?? (Apr '13) 22 hr Ha bitch 183
•••
•••

Upland News Video

•••
•••

Upland Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Upland People Search