First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jill Carson

Union City, TN

#1 May 17, 2012
I don't know why Union City bothers to have anything nice. As long as there are low-lifes and hoodlum delinquents, restrooms will continue to be vandalized, park areas littered, etc. They don't even have respect for the dead. They knock over tombstones and damage them among other things. What is wrong with these people?

Martin, TN

#2 May 17, 2012
Maybe toilet cameras are coming to Union City? It's a crime wave !!!!
idiots

Union City, TN

#3 May 20, 2012
no the cops need to start messing with these little ba****** and stop letting them hang around in groups, start putting some heat on them instead of driving past them.
wtf

Martin, TN

#4 May 21, 2012
idiots wrote:
no the cops need to start messing with these little ba****** and stop letting them hang around in groups, start putting some heat on them instead of driving past them.
yEAH, THEY NEED TO GET OUT OF THEIR CARS AND EARN THAT DAMN PAYCHECK THE SUPPOSEDLY GET FOR SERVING THE COMMUNITY!
get real

Jackson, TN

#5 May 21, 2012
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>yEAH, THEY NEED TO GET OUT OF THEIR CARS AND EARN THAT DAMN PAYCHECK THE SUPPOSEDLY GET FOR SERVING THE COMMUNITY!
Well see WTF if they were to question these kids people would start yelling saying that they are "profiling" so the cops are in a "damned it ya do damned if ya don't" Lets get real people you will NEVER respect the job of Law Enforcment Officers mainly because ya'll are never going to even try to understand what they do and what they stand for. Until you guys get with it and climb out of your holes you will never understand.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#6 May 22, 2012
"Profiling" is what was invented by hoodlums and criminals to keep the heat off them. So... if we accept profiling as a way of life, that means if the cops are looking for a Mexican male, 5'6" tall, etc., that means they can't stop and question anyone who fits that description... that means they'll have to stop and question the little old lady walking down the street ahead or behind the Mexican male who is 5'6" tall. It's all B.S.

Aubrey, TX

#7 May 22, 2012
Too busy setting traps for traffic
Jill Carson

Bristol, VA

#8 May 22, 2012
Excuse me....but it isn't the "cops" job to raise other peopls brats. Where are the parents of these disrespectful low life delinquents? Since these kids can't be trusted to act like civil human beings....Union City would benefit from a strict curfew for kids under 21.

Newbern, TN

#9 May 22, 2012
Jill Carson wrote:
Excuse me....but it isn't the "cops" job to raise other peopls brats. Where are the parents of these disrespectful low life delinquents? Since these kids can't be trusted to act like civil human beings....Union City would benefit from a strict curfew for kids under 21.
But 18, 19, 20, & 21 year olds are adults. They aren't children. There is a curfew under 18, or at least there used to be. I believe it is/was 11pm. But from a car window you can't tell someone's age. Wouldn't it be a pain in the ass if the police could pull over any and everybody to ask to verify their age? I'm sure it would be for them. And it would be for me, in my late 20s, if I got pulled over during a quick midnight run to the store.

Newbern, TN

#10 May 22, 2012
And even in that you contradict yourself! In your first sentence you say parents should do a better job, which I agree with. But at the end you want the police to raise children and 'raise' young adults as well. You can't have it both ways.
idiots

Union City, TN

#11 May 22, 2012
Jill Carson wrote:
heres the prob tho its not just youngsters its their parents too !!
idiots

Union City, TN

#12 May 22, 2012
profilling is one thing, drive right past as they are selling drugs on the street is another !!
Think about it

Cookeville, TN

#13 May 22, 2012
The issues being discussed here did not spring into being overnight. At least two generations (of all races) have grown up without anyone making them responsible for their actions. Given everything their parents could possibly provide for them, they feel entitled to whatever they want. They have reached adulthood with no respect for themselves, let alone other people. This isn't true of all, of course, and the state of the economy just exacerbates the problem. I just wish all the energy invested in talking about the situation could be channeled into finding a solution.
just me

Martin, TN

#14 May 22, 2012
Think about it wrote:
The issues being discussed here did not spring into being overnight. At least two generations (of all races) have grown up without anyone making them responsible for their actions. Given everything their parents could possibly provide for them, they feel entitled to whatever they want. They have reached adulthood with no respect for themselves, let alone other people. This isn't true of all, of course, and the state of the economy just exacerbates the problem. I just wish all the energy invested in talking about the situation could be channeled into finding a solution.
Now that was the sanest and most intelligent post on here so far. Thank you.
Jill Carson

Bristol, VA

#15 May 22, 2012
guest wrote:
And even in that you contradict yourself! In your first sentence you say parents should do a better job, which I agree with. But at the end you want the police to raise children and 'raise' young adults as well. You can't have it both ways.
I didn't intend to contradict myself. It's just so frustrated that these "kids" roam the streets and destroy things. There really is very little the police can do. It' is the parents responsibility. So, if the kid is caught and is out past curfew then the parent as well as the kid need to be held responsible.
Jill Carson

Bristol, VA

#16 May 22, 2012
Think about it wrote:
I agree. You are absolutely right on.

Martin, TN

#17 May 22, 2012
Think about it wrote:
Shocking quantities of illegal drugs, both prescription and other, are pulsing through Union City. Countywide, as much as 1/2 BILLION dollars were recently discovered ...By ACCIDENT !!

Don't brag about law enforcement in this region with a straight face. The catch less than 1% of criminal activity.

Less see how the New Chief of UC police works out in these areas. He's been waiting 30 years for his turn.

Martin, TN

#18 May 22, 2012
Yesterday The Obion County Commission cut the interest rate on Union City's debt to less than 1%. Fantastic savings and an unbelievable gift from cash rich commissioners. But has Union City paid back any of the multi million dollar loan principle ? Will city taxpayers have to buck up and pay more taxes to bail out the councils wild spending era? Paying interest only on a credit card only leads to trouble down the road. But I'll bet ole Dunny will come up with a new plan:)
now

Union City, TN

#19 May 22, 2012
all the old ones need to get canned we need all new people in all the chairs
Think about it

Cookeville, TN

#20 May 23, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Shocking quantities of illegal drugs, both prescription and other, are pulsing through Union City. Countywide, as much as 1/2 BILLION dollars were recently discovered ...By ACCIDENT !!
Don't brag about law enforcement in this region with a straight face. The catch less than 1% of criminal activity.
Less see how the New Chief of UC police works out in these areas. He's been waiting 30 years for his turn.
I did not 'brag' about law enforcement. I simply stated my opinion that the bad behavior under discussion did not come about overnight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New motels and restaurants 45 min Drawers 10
nick and sarah b 2 hr MomAnd Proud 13
Lorie Frye/Hogg 3 hr Curious 1
Why did Hollywood Showcase close? I love that t... 6 hr LoveMovies 5
Playing at Titan 7 hr Guest 1
When will jobs be coming to Union City 16 hr Brian 9
OCCHS kids not graduating (May '14) 18 hr Read this 72
Union City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web