First Prev
of 3
Next Last
tarbaby

Martin, TN

#1 Feb 7, 2010
st so bad that ast i broke down in his office i asked him for something for my nerves dr hall is my heart dr i went to c him the other day because my son is in nashvill hospital hes 13 and been there 4 12 days now my heart is pounding in chest so bad i could feel it i needed something to calm me down and he just acked like he didnt even hear me and checked me over and sent me on my way then i went to the er in uc and thay give me some bullshit rx after i told thim what worked 4 me and thay give me some bullshit rx im 53 yeares old i think i deserve a little bit of respect from these money hungrey bullshit dr im sorry i feel like that but i sure a lot of yall no what im talking about so i would like to say to all the money hungry dr hope u get treated the same way i got treated when u really need it the most i could go on and on but its not worth my time o by the way thay wonted me out so bad at the er i was in an out in 30 minutes i hope none of yall ever have to exprence this
Guest

Milan, TN

#2 Feb 7, 2010
tarbaby wrote:
st so bad that ast i broke down in his office i asked him for something for my nerves dr hall is my heart dr i went to c him the other day because my son is in nashvill hospital hes 13 and been there 4 12 days now my heart is pounding in chest so bad i could feel it i needed something to calm me down and he just acked like he didnt even hear me and checked me over and sent me on my way then i went to the er in uc and thay give me some bullshit rx after i told thim what worked 4 me and thay give me some bullshit rx im 53 yeares old i think i deserve a little bit of respect from these money hungrey bullshit dr im sorry i feel like that but i sure a lot of yall no what im talking about so i would like to say to all the money hungry dr hope u get treated the same way i got treated when u really need it the most i could go on and on but its not worth my time o by the way thay wonted me out so bad at the er i was in an out in 30 minutes i hope none of yall ever have to exprence this.
Sorry to hear that,but we all know that UC BMH is just like an extended waiting room and transportation port to Baptist East in Memphis.
pops

AOL

#3 Feb 7, 2010
maybe you should consider the drug u wanted wasnt good with your heart condition? or maybe u are a dope seeker, and they ran you off for your own good. Why would u see a cardiologist for psych issues anyway?
Good point

Cookeville, TN

#4 Feb 7, 2010
Why would you see a cardiologist for a psychological condtion. He probably gave you a tylenol, because of the freaks that are out here doctor shopping.
need to know

United States

#5 Feb 7, 2010
tarbaby wrote:
st so bad that ast i broke down in his office i asked him for something for my nerves dr hall is my heart dr i went to c him the other day because my son is in nashvill hospital hes 13 and been there 4 12 days now my heart is pounding in chest so bad i could feel it i needed something to calm me down and he just acked like he didnt even hear me and checked me over and sent me on my way then i went to the er in uc and thay give me some bullshit rx after i told thim what worked 4 me and thay give me some bullshit rx im 53 yeares old i think i deserve a little bit of respect from these money hungrey bullshit dr im sorry i feel like that but i sure a lot of yall no what im talking about so i would like to say to all the money hungry dr hope u get treated the same way i got treated when u really need it the most i could go on and on but its not worth my time o by the way thay wonted me out so bad at the er i was in an out in 30 minutes i hope none of yall ever have to exprence this
let me tell you what dr hall done 2 my mama she with 2 him hurting in her chest and he ask her about her family history she told he and he said because your family had heart trouble why do you think you do and he told her it wasn;t nothing wrong with her and she pass away the next morning her heart blow up all he wanted was money that all doctors
Focus

Monterey, TN

#6 Feb 7, 2010
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! Don't any of you people know how to use punctuation? You know, periods, exclamation points, ect....
guest

United States

#7 Feb 7, 2010
I think Dr Hall is one of the least money hungry Dr's around. I have been a patient of his for several years and even though I have insurance I still owe him THOUSANDS of dollars. They have told me to just make sure I send in something each month. Many months I have only sent in $5, there have been a few that I have missed and not sent anything. He still continues to see me and trust me my bill is going up faster than its going down. I have'nt come across any DR's around here that are that easy to work with. Many want full payment before they will even let you see the Dr.

I agree with the others he is a cardiologist. For psych issues you should go somewhere else.
Medically Speaking

Memphis, TN

#8 Feb 7, 2010
tarbaby wrote:
st so bad that ast i broke down in his office i asked him for something for my nerves dr hall is my heart dr i went to c him the other day because my son is in nashvill hospital hes 13 and been there 4 12 days now my heart is pounding in chest so bad i could feel it i needed something to calm me down and he just acked like he didnt even hear me and checked me over and sent me on my way then i went to the er in uc and thay give me some bullshit rx after i told thim what worked 4 me and thay give me some bullshit rx im 53 yeares old i think i deserve a little bit of respect from these money hungrey bullshit dr im sorry i feel like that but i sure a lot of yall no what im talking about so i would like to say to all the money hungry dr hope u get treated the same way i got treated when u really need it the most i could go on and on but its not worth my time o by the way thay wonted me out so bad at the er i was in an out in 30 minutes i hope none of yall ever have to exprence this
If you have a primary doctor you see besides your heart doctor, ask them for a low-dose prescription for Valium. DO NOT let them give you any kind of antidepressant. Those damn pills will only make you worse and if you EVER go off of them, you'll suffer from so many side-effects,you would not believe what doctors did to me.

Also, don't let them substitute anything for the Valium. NOTHING. Your Rx when filled should say,'Diazepam 2mg.' 2 milligrams is enough. You need something to take the edge off your anxiety, but for heaven's sake, do not let them talk you into taking any kind of antidepressant. Some doctors like to give out prescriptions for antidepressants to treat anxiety. Take my word for it (and you can totally trust me on this)-- antidepressants do NOT help anxiety. You will have more problems than you can deal with if you take anything like that, and it sounds like you have enough problems going for you, as it is.

My philosophy is this -- If you take your car to a mechanic and he doesn't repair it, you don't pay for repairs. If you go to a doctor who doesn't do his job, you shoudln't pay him for what he doesn't do to help.

It's not uncommon for people to shop for health care providers in much the same way they shop for everything else in their lives. Sometimes we have to 'kiss a few frogs' before we find what we're looking for. Good luck with everything!
snapper

Martin, TN

#9 Feb 7, 2010
Focus wrote:
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! Don't any of you people know how to use punctuation? You know, periods, exclamation points, ect....
ok -Don't- you know you shouldn't start a sentance off with a contraction? Another tip,**etc... NOT ect...**
these people posting on this site could be posting from their -not there OR they're- cell phones and that is why some of these post look more like a text message than a pulitzer prize winning essay.
start a new topix on English Grammer instead of butting in this one.
Medically Speaking

Memphis, TN

#10 Feb 7, 2010
pops wrote:
maybe you should consider the drug u wanted wasnt good with your heart condition? or maybe u are a dope seeker, and they ran you off for your own good. Why would u see a cardiologist for psych issues anyway?
Hey, are you kidding me here? Did you read any of what was said here before you made this judgment? That's not a 'psyche' issue. A dope seeker wouldn't have to see a doctor to get what they want. There's enough crap on the streets without seeing a doctor to get it.

They could go to their primary health provider and ask for what they want. Doctors don't mind handing out chemical medications that will do us more harm than good, they shouldn't be bothered by writing a simple prescription for something to take the edge off anxiety that has little or no side effects.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about here. You must be a special kind of moron.
Medically Speaking

Memphis, TN

#11 Feb 7, 2010
Good point wrote:
Why would you see a cardiologist for a psychological condtion. He probably gave you a tylenol, because of the freaks that are out here doctor shopping.
If you knew anything at all, or if you had done extensive research like I have, you would know that in the long-run, Tylenol will do you more harm than most any other over-the-counter meds you can get.

If anyone has ever had a problem with anxiety because of what is going on in their lives at any given moment (sick child, death of a loved one, loss of a job, etc.) you will realize that this is life happening and it's not a psyche issue at all. It's not psychological. Of course, I could add that some people will pour them a shot of Brandy or Whiskey or their alcoholic beverage of choice to calm their nerves. Do THEY also have 'psyche' issues? I guess it depends on what 'drug of choice' a person want to use.

If anyone has never been in the position to need a little something to help them get through a traumatic experience of some kind, they need to thank God that they're in the minority. Of course, some people are just basic zombies with no feelings at all. I don't think that's very 'human,' do you?

Not all doctors are like the ones in this town. It sometimes pays to seek 'good' help OUT of UC. These doctors almost killed me with something they thought would 'help.' Yeah, right. They would rather hand out meds that drug companies are pushing, because of kick-backs, rather than something that might actually help the patient.
Medically Speaking

Memphis, TN

#12 Feb 7, 2010
need to know wrote:
<quoted text>let me tell you what dr hall done 2 my mama she with 2 him hurting in her chest and he ask her about her family history she told he and he said because your family had heart trouble why do you think you do and he told her it wasn;t nothing wrong with her and she pass away the next morning her heart blow up all he wanted was money that all doctors
I truly am sorry to hear about that. It's sad and unnecessary. My cousin went to that office complaining of the middle of his back hurting. Instead of doing tests and such, they said it wasn't his heart. He died. He was only 42 years old.

Back when there were 2 doctors in that office, one doctor would tell me one thing and the other would tell me the exact opposite. I also found out that my insurance was supposed to pay for the office visits after that initial first visit. However, they charged me a flat $100 every time I walked in the door. They were also getting the same amount from our insurance. That's not the only place in UC that has done that, either. UC Medical Center did the same thing. It wasn't until I talked to our insurance rep. in Ohio that I found out what was going on. I change doctors right then and there. The doctor at UC Medical also LIED to me about several things. When someone lies to you -- especially a so-called professional -- whatever trust that was there is totally gone. We've been treated MUCH better by thinking outside of UC for medical care. Hospital-wise, as well.

Just because someone has a sheepskin on their wall doesn't make them good at what they do. If you'll take a look around Union City, you'll see that there is VERY little choice in doctors. It's pathetic.
pharmacology

United States

#13 Feb 7, 2010
Just to let all of you know that valium is only prescribed for a chronic condition, not for anxiety. Anxiety is a form of depression, and should be treated with and anti-depressant. Some primary care doctors evaluate and treat depression, but a psychiatrist also could monitor ones condition as a specialist. A psychologist only helps by psychological measures which does not include medication. Anxiety is a behavioral issue.
abc123

United States

#14 Feb 7, 2010
need to know wrote:
<quoted text>let me tell you what dr hall done 2 my mama she with 2 him hurting in her chest and he ask her about her family history she told he and he said because your family had heart trouble why do you think you do and he told her it wasn;t nothing wrong with her and she pass away the next morning her heart blow up all he wanted was money that all doctors
When and if you work don't you want money???
abc123

United States

#15 Feb 7, 2010
guest wrote:
I think Dr Hall is one of the least money hungry Dr's around. I have been a patient of his for several years and even though I have insurance I still owe him THOUSANDS of dollars. They have told me to just make sure I send in something each month. Many months I have only sent in $5, there have been a few that I have missed and not sent anything. He still continues to see me and trust me my bill is going up faster than its going down. I have'nt come across any DR's around here that are that easy to work with. Many want full payment before they will even let you see the Dr.
I agree with the others he is a cardiologist. For psych issues you should go somewhere else.
And for drug seekers, you need to go the the 3rd floor of BMH not the ER.
abc123

United States

#16 Feb 7, 2010
Medically Speaking wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, are you kidding me here? Did you read any of what was said here before you made this judgment? That's not a 'psyche' issue. A dope seeker wouldn't have to see a doctor to get what they want. There's enough crap on the streets without seeing a doctor to get it.
They could go to their primary health provider and ask for what they want. Doctors don't mind handing out chemical medications that will do us more harm than good, they shouldn't be bothered by writing a simple prescription for something to take the edge off anxiety that has little or no side effects.
You obviously don't know what you're talking about here. You must be a special kind of moron.
Drug seekers are often recognized by doctors as being those patients that tell them "what works for them". It sends up a big red flag and honest doc's are unlikely to write Rx's for them.
Just wondering

United States

#17 Feb 7, 2010
Medically Speaking wrote:
<quoted text>
I truly am sorry to hear about that. It's sad and unnecessary. My cousin went to that office complaining of the middle of his back hurting. Instead of doing tests and such, they said it wasn't his heart. He died. He was only 42 years old.
Back when there were 2 doctors in that office, one doctor would tell me one thing and the other would tell me the exact opposite. I also found out that my insurance was supposed to pay for the office visits after that initial first visit. However, they charged me a flat $100 every time I walked in the door. They were also getting the same amount from our insurance. That's not the only place in UC that has done that, either. UC Medical Center did the same thing. It wasn't until I talked to our insurance rep. in Ohio that I found out what was going on. I change doctors right then and there. The doctor at UC Medical also LIED to me about several things. When someone lies to you -- especially a so-called professional -- whatever trust that was there is totally gone. We've been treated MUCH better by thinking outside of UC for medical care. Hospital-wise, as well.
Just because someone has a sheepskin on their wall doesn't make them good at what they do. If you'll take a look around Union City, you'll see that there is VERY little choice in doctors. It's pathetic.
If there had been any wrong doing by the medical clinic regarding your payment and their payment and they had a contract with that insurnce then they would have gotten in trouble and had to pay fines and possibly lost their contract with that insurance. Did any of this happen? I work for a doc in town. I check insurance deductibles and copays before the patient leaves. If for instance the patient has ins and have a $750.00 deductible and 0.00 has been met then we ask that they pay at least $100.00 that day and we will accept consistant payments on the balance. People are suppose to know what their ins coverage is and should be prepared for this. I think this is a fair situation. I have been treated much worse at doctor's offices myself. If you go to your job and work all day do you not expect to be paid? Doctors have an expensive education to pay for not to mention the time they put in for that education and then the time they spend away from their family. They deserve to be paid as well.
guest

United States

#18 Feb 8, 2010
I took my 2 kids to a well known Dr's office in UC (not Dr Hall) for check ups. This was a scheduled visit during business hours on a weekday when they could have easily called to verify my insurance coverage. Before they would let us back to see the Dr I had to pay in full $160 each, even though the visit was covered 100% by my insurance.

It took about 3 weeks for them to get the $320 from my insurance. Then I was told thier "policy" was that I could'nt request a refund of my money paid until 6 weeks after they received the ins money. Once I was finally able to request the refund I was then told it would be another 2 weeks to process and they would'nt let me come to the office to pick it up it had to be mailed.

Needless to say I have never gone back there. Now thats money hungry.
snowman

Martin, TN

#19 Feb 8, 2010
hay snapper dont worrie about spelling were not in school !!!!!!!!!! that help .
Work in Medical

Memphis, TN

#20 Feb 8, 2010
So glad to see this post and so glad that a Doctor DID NOT prescribe what someone "wanted". Please call the DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) and let them know that your doctor did not prescribe you what "you wanted". They would be so glad to hear our Doctors are following the guidelines that have recently been placed on Physicians. I work in chronic pain, and have been for quite some time now. You don't go to the doctor and tell them what you want. You have the doctor evaluate you and then the Physician will let you know what he feels would work better as your treatment plan. What would happen if he gave you what you wanted and something happened to you overnight...guess what, your family would try to sue the Doctor!!!!

Too many people are drug seeking these days and with all the technology with Pharmacy's and Physician's offices communicating with one another, we are finally able to get a little control of this situation. Always remember when you get a prescription filled, whether you file it to your insurance or not, Physician's will know what you have been getting filled.

Their are ALOT of chronic pain patients that need our services and all these "drug seekers" need to keep buying them off the streets if that is where they can get what they want.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why did Hollywood Showcase close? I love that t... 3 hr So sad 1
When will jobs be coming to Union City 4 hr the real low key 6
home wrecker Megan 5 hr guest 18
brandy johnson from martin 7 hr kyky 1
pawnshop on reel foot ave 10 hr occhs 17
Tyson 11 hr brian 3
Reelfoot Rural Ministries seling donated toys!! (Dec '11) 11 hr Brian 19
Union City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Union City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Union City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Union City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:00AM
Full AFC, NFC Playoff Outlook, Week 16 Predictions
NBC Sports 6:35 AM
Whitehurst: May not look like it, but we can win
NBC Sports 3:14 PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
ESPN 7:36 AM
Sources: Goodell says no L.A. team in 2015
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions