Gladys Kravitz

Lowell, MA

#1 Jul 29, 2011
Why is it that the TPS never advertise their job openings on the TPS website? Is it that the cycle continues of hiring from within and all of the nepotism that never ends? Let's hope some of the staff comes back in the fall with a new found love of the English language and not all the aints and youses that fly on a daily basis. I think there should be a spelling and english test that should be done at the beginning of every year! The ones who don't score so well should take a refresher course during early release time! Of course there are many many wonderful teachers throughout the district who do everything in the power to make sure our kids are getting a terrific education and I applaud you for that. But as the saying goes.....one bad apple......Here's to another school year just around the corner!
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2 Jul 31, 2011
Gladys Kravitz wrote:
Why is it that the TPS never advertise their job openings on the TPS website?
http://tyngsboroughps.org/node/72
Oprah

Tewksbury, MA

#3 Aug 1, 2011
Gladys Kravitz wrote:
Why is it that the TPS never advertise their job openings on the TPS website? Is it that the cycle continues of hiring from within and all of the nepotism that never ends? Let's hope some of the staff comes back in the fall with a new found love of the English language and not all the aints and youses that fly on a daily basis. I think there should be a spelling and english test that should be done at the beginning of every year! The ones who don't score so well should take a refresher course during early release time! Of course there are many many wonderful teachers throughout the district who do everything in the power to make sure our kids are getting a terrific education and I applaud you for that. But as the saying goes.....one bad apple......Here's to another school year just around the corner!
Well stated and so true. I'd say its a 50/50 crap shoot.
Gladys Kravitz

Lowell, MA

#4 Aug 1, 2011
Wondering wrote:
Maybe someone should update the website once in a while from there are no current openings to, We have hired the same person back that leaves every other year and this time we have created a position just for her! I do not believe that position was advertised anywhere....
Gladys Kravitz

Lowell, MA

#5 Aug 1, 2011
Oprah wrote:
<quoted text>
Well stated and so true. I'd say its a 50/50 crap shoot.
It's all in who you know and how well you play the game around here. Maybe not so much at the "Norris Road Campus" but on the other side of the bridge....in the words of "Dr" Lockwood.....Tyngsboro could do better!
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#6 Aug 1, 2011
Gladys Kravitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe someone should update the website once in a while from there are no current openings to, We have hired the same person back that leaves every other year and this time we have created a position just for her! I do not believe that position was advertised anywhere....
I'm not surprised. I have no kids in the school system so don't know who you're referring to. That said, in a town that lets an embezzler go free and with benefits as I understand it, a sleeping cop who filed fraudulent reports retire with benefits, award a part time assessor a stipend so he could get town health care insurance after the BOS voted to eliminate stipends, etc. Nothing government anywhere does surprises me anymore.
echo

Tyngsboro, MA

#7 Aug 3, 2011
Gladys Kravitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Did the Town hire another Lawyer to clean up "Same Persons" mess.
Gladys Kravitz

Lowell, MA

#8 Aug 4, 2011
echo wrote:
<quoted text>
Did the Town hire another Lawyer to clean up "Same Persons" mess.
LOL...actually forgot about that awful situation!! Very expensive mess if I do recall! The School Committee should be practicing what is constantly preached over there at TES..."What's best for the children" I will reiterate what someone else said a while back.....Bring back Phyllis Sauders!!
Just Breath

Littleton, MA

#9 Aug 4, 2011
WOW, looks like people are looking for things to bitch about now....
Gladys Kravitz

Lowell, MA

#10 Aug 4, 2011
Just Breath wrote:
How can you be looking for something that's been happening for years. Believe me, I hope a wonderful school year lies ahead!
shhhhh

Tewksbury, MA

#11 Aug 7, 2011
Just Breath wrote:
And that's the problem in the tyngs.schools. You express a concern and people like you accuse them of being a bitch.How will anything ever get better? It doesn't, because people have to keep quiet about what's wrong with the schools.
Gladys Kravitz

Lowell, MA

#12 Aug 7, 2011
shhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's the problem in the tyngs.schools. You express a concern and people like you accuse them of being a bitch.How will anything ever get better? It doesn't, because people have to keep quiet about what's wrong with the schools.
I wholeheartedly agree with you! If you don't keep quiet....God help you!! You are considered one of "those parents" If you are an employee and not "professional" staff well be prepared to play the game of we like you today but maybe not so much tomorrow! Good luck to all!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tyngsboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should an uninsured driver from NH be allowed t... (Aug '08) Dec 22 BIGROYAL11 103
Get Laid this xmass Dec 22 mARY 1
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) Dec 22 pattys67 688
Marlborough police log, Dec. 19 edition Dec 19 Hello 1
High-profile lawyer to defend local mom in sex ... (Apr '08) Dec 19 laxman 16
Jessica Krutuleski (Oct '12) Dec 19 concerned 28
You are so right even if joking Nov 30 Yah 1

Tyngsboro News Video

Tyngsboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Tyngsboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE