Puleo won't run in Tyngsboro

Full story: Lowell Sun 23
One of the town's longest-serving elected officials, Selectman Karyn Puleo, has announced she will not seek re-election to a third term. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned Citizen

Lowell, MA

#1 Feb 4, 2010
We can thank Elizabeth for this. Good for Karyn that she's leaving the board, unfortunately it's going to leave the town to a bunch of people who have no idea how to run it. Theres teenage daddy's little princess Ashley, dear in the headlights Bob, Mr. Change my story Rich, and personal space invader Elizabeth. Good luck Tyngsboro, we've lost the last remaining chance at normalcy that the board has.
Average Joe

Hudson, NH

#2 Feb 4, 2010
AMEN to that comment, couldn't have said it better myself.
In The Know

Lowell, MA

#3 Feb 4, 2010
Karyn was the smartest & most admired on this dysfunctional Board for many years! It didn't take her long as Chair to see who didn't have her back.
A classy Lady who is going out on top rather than say what really happened. After 8 years, the people have finally figured out Mr. Lemoine.

People, we're in trouble! Who will pick up the challenge?
Too Bad

Tyngsboro, MA

#4 Feb 4, 2010
Without stooping to negative comments, Karyn was a class act for all the years she served our Town. She will be missed.
who-cares

Swansea, MA

#5 Feb 5, 2010
I agree completely. Karyn Puleo has served the town admirably. The best of luck to her in the future.
Bladerunner

Boston, MA

#6 Feb 5, 2010
Karyn has worked hard for the town for many years. She will be missed. Best of luck to her. A very class act!
chubby

Lowell, MA

#7 Feb 5, 2010
A tough act. A loss for the town. Now the remaining dolts with have even more time to thank people for doing their jobs- for hours on end.
stupid

Tyngsboro, MA

#9 Feb 5, 2010
Stubby chubby is back. You can put a sign in my yard.
chubby wrote:
A tough act. A loss for the town. Now the remaining dolts with have even more time to thank people for doing their jobs- for hours on end.
stupid

Tyngsboro, MA

#10 Feb 5, 2010
Wow, that's too bad.
Average Joe wrote:
AMEN to that comment, couldn't have said it better myself.
John

Dracut, MA

#11 Feb 6, 2010
Puleo leaving, this is all Coughlin's doing. Her big mouth, hidden agendas, and personal vendettas have taken any professionalism out of the board. It's painful watching her incessant sputtering about things she has no clue. I'd like to know who she is representing because it's not the taxpayers! Coughlin needs to leave.

Puleo... Tyngsboro needs you to stay.
Leslie

Dracut, MA

#12 Feb 6, 2010
John's right.Who could have possibly voted Elizabeth Coughlin in for office?Hopefully after watching the meetings they won't make that mistake again.
Jake

Boston, MA

#13 Feb 6, 2010
John wrote:
Puleo leaving, this is all Coughlin's doing. Her big mouth, hidden agendas, and personal vendettas have taken any professionalism out of the board. It's painful watching her incessant sputtering about things she has no clue. I'd like to know who she is representing because it's not the taxpayers! Coughlin needs to leave.
Anyone know what the hidden agendas are? Time to consider a recall initiative? Both Selectmen Jackson and Coughlin ran unopposed. So essentially they just walked right into the job. Were they the best candidates? Probably not. Their academic background shouldn't be the determining factor because it, alone, does not lend itself to that of being a good selectmen. Many folks, who would make excellent candidates, cannot run for various reasons. That is what is so unfortunate. If folks hold back from running because they think they lack the credentials, think again! If you are willing to be a public servant and not a politician then you are already way out in the lead! Everyday folks, who do good things everyday, should run!

Karyn worked very hard and deserves a hugh thanks. Being a selectwoman is a very difficult and demanding job. You will never please everyone! You will be glorified on one day and kicked around and talked about the next! But there is joy in helping to accomplish many good thing for one's community! Sometimes it's not about the winning or the losing but simply the joy of being in the game. Thank you Karyn for always showing up!
Tyngs-Resident

Tyngsboro, MA

#17 Feb 6, 2010
Well first I must say that I like Karyn she is a step above the rest of the BOS members. But please lets not make her out to be the savior of the town. She was still an elected official that had the opportunity to either stand on her own or side with the rest of the board. And for the most part from what I saw she went with the rest of them. But she could prove me wrong if she were to come out and say that for a particular reason other then personal that she was not seeking re-election.
And to resident; "I am afraid to live in this town now without her on the board." Well move. That's like saying you are afraid to live in this town without officer Goulet patrolling the streets of Tyngsboro. But that is your opinion.
Now as for Lemoine, well lets just say his Dad is what has made him. His Dad Bernie was a class act, just to bad the apple fell to far from the tree. Lemoine is way to comfortable because of his U-Mass Lowell ties ie: Marty Meehan. Lemoine is a political pawn and needs to be kicked down a notch.
Well lets hope that we have some candidates the run for Puleos seat and we get better then what we have now.
However I would like to thank Karyn for her service to the town and wish her luck in her new endeavors.
Sundra

Boston, MA

#19 Feb 6, 2010
Karen will be missed!! Job well done!! Hopefully other educated and well qualified residents like her will step up to the plate and run in the next election..
Ted

Tewksbury, MA

#20 Feb 6, 2010
Sundra wrote:
Karen will be missed!! Job well done!! Hopefully other educated and well qualified residents like her will step up to the plate and run in the next election..
Completely right. She is clearly too smart and too frustrated to stay.
Too Bad

Tyngsboro, MA

#21 Feb 8, 2010
Leslie wrote:
John's right.Who could have possibly voted Elizabeth Coughlin in for office?Hopefully after watching the meetings they won't make that mistake again.
She ran on the "No Trash Fees" bandwagon. People voted for her because they don't want fees. Hope they are enjoying her representation now!
red

Merrifield, VA

#22 Feb 8, 2010
Elizabeth Coughlin She did so much for the sewer implementation in town when she was sewer commissioner!(messing it up then resigning). Why would you then let her her be seated as a selectman? That's just poor dysfunctional town government.
Tyngsboro

AOL

#23 Feb 8, 2010
No one ran against her. She didn't "win".
Concerned

Andover, MA

#24 Feb 8, 2010
John wrote:
I agree with John. We need to figure out how to eliminate Couglin and get Karen to rethink her position. Tyngsboro needs Karen and more people of her caliber.
Jim

Dracut, MA

#25 Feb 8, 2010
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with John. We need to figure out how to eliminate Couglin and get Karen to rethink her position. Tyngsboro needs Karen and more people of her caliber.
And what's sad is no one worth anything will want to serve on the board with Coughlin. Look what she did to the only selectman that has a brain and a backbone. She drove Puleo out with her ridiculous antics. Coughlin needs to get ousted now so the town of Tyngsboro has a chance to get back on it's feet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tyngsboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tricking men for a meal ticket (Jan '10) 2 hr guest 9
mazmatrix (Jun '08) 9 hr Maza 748
Maza 9 hr Maza 4
Jobseeker Dec 15 Reda 2
my wife refuses to get a job! (Aug '09) Dec 15 fdb 184
A hairy situation growing in Lowell (Mar '08) Dec 14 the dawg 106
Section 8 Fraud (Sep '08) Dec 9 John Doe 322

Tyngsboro News Video

Tyngsboro Dating
Find my Match