Accident paves way to restaurant

Full story: Akron Beacon Journal

Put yourself in this scenario. You're a truck driver. Your life is hauling a big rig across country.
Comments
1 - 20 of 44 Comments Last updated Oct 8, 2010
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
big buckeye daddy

Westwood, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

Judged:

great story!
Bren

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

Good for you! Thats the attitude to have and I just wanted to say that some friends and I stopped bythere one evening for a meal and it was pretty good.

Since: Feb 08

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

Judged:

Hard work, perseverance, and patience.

Another great article about a young man who is doing something admirable with his life.

Wonderful place with a cool atmosphere!
ha ha ha

Norwalk, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

Inspiring!

I will visit your restaurant.

Jimmy
RAZ

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

Went there last Friday night. The food was good and reasonably priced. The outside patio and band was great. It was like a little Key West in North Hill.
Disillusioned

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

Judged:

Good for you!!! Although his life has been altered by an accident, he isn't going to just sit around and expect a free hand out. His determination should be applauded.

Since: Feb 08

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

Judged:

Eddie wrote:
<quoted text>Free handout? Where do you think he got all this money to buy\renovate the restraunt?
Dear clueless,

If you think you could put a price on not being able to walk again, what do you think it should be?

Trust me, it's not enough.

But, then again, I'd rather be faced with a lack of mobility than a lack of compassion or brains.

I've seen by your post which ones you lack.
yougoboy

Massillon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

Judged:

Eddie wrote:
<quoted text>Free handout? Where do you think he got all this money to buy\renovate the restraunt?
Aww geeze, come on, i don't know anything about a handout for this guy, but if he did get handouts, i would rather see him put them to good use employing people instead of sitting on welfare being useless cruising second hand stores and complaining all day long. I say good for him. He has more honor and dignity than these welfare recipients that are perfectly capable of doing any kind of work.
Ignorant Raging Akronite

Petersburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

Judged:

Good man. Akron needs more like him.
Seriously

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

Judged:

CAN HE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE LOUD MUSIC THAT KEEPS THE NEIGHBORHOOD AWAKE UNTIL ALL HOURS??? PLEASE!!!!!
Lil K

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

This is a great place! Mr. Pouliot should be VERY proud of his establishment. I have been there several times with friends and we will continue to go back! Contrary to what Mr. Pouliot says in the article, we have always had good service and we have told many old and new acquaintances around town (Cuyahoga Falls)about Riverside. I can't wait to experience the outdoor fireplace on a cool evening this fall. Keep up the good work and thanks for giving the area a nice, new place to meet with friends to eat, drink and be merry.
Ahau Kin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

Judged:

A truly inspiring story. It's good to see someone with enough spirit to not let a paralyzing accident drag him down and make him quit life.

But..... where DID the 300K come from? Not from driving a truck I suspect.
Seriously

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

Ahau Kin wrote:
A truly inspiring story. It's good to see someone with enough spirit to not let a paralyzing accident drag him down and make him quit life.
But..... where DID the 300K come from? Not from driving a truck I suspect.
I would assume from a settlement...just a guess.

Since: Mar 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

Bravo....A very good article. Congratulations to Mr. Pouliot for starin' fate in the face and findin' a way to be a man of action.
Dr Pepper

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

Great story about a great person
oh my

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

Great story! I grew up on Clifton Ave just a few blocks from what was then Country Kitchen and I have a lot of fond memories going there with my family. I have since moved away but am looking forward to taking my son to the Riverside and starting new memories with him.
Cuyahoga Falls neighbor

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

I've been hearing all positive comments about Riverside previous to this story. The last time I was in there, it was still Luna's and I swore I'd never go back; the service and atmosphere were not ideal. Having grown up on the Hill, I can't wait to check it out now!! Good luck to you Shawn and many, many years of success!!
HalfReported

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2008

Judged:

If this is the same Shawn Pouliot listed in the Summit County Court Website - looks like the accident cut short his long life of crime. Maybe he can take his earnings and start paying back the victims of his crimes.

Seriously

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2008

HalfReported wrote:
If this is the same Shawn Pouliot listed in the Summit County Court Website - looks like the accident cut short his long life of crime. Maybe he can take his earnings and start paying back the victims of his crimes.
I checked it out...if it is him how did he get a liquor permit with a record like that???
Righty Whiteman

Avon Lake, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

Judged:

HalfReported wrote:
Good find "Half"! We ALL make mistakes...some apparently make more!!! Now THAT's a laundry list any Mom would be proud of...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Twinsburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Twinsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Twinsburg News, Events & Info