Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 6,862)

Showing posts 137,221 - 137,240 of199,102
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Try telling that to this man who grew up with 2 moms:
http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2012/08/606...
Or what about this: http://www.firstthings.com/blogs/firstthought...
Children model themselves off their parents.
Since all of these ignorant homos quickly flooded the "judge" box I would like to thank you for the facts. These odd people are always asking for facts and now when they see and read them they are still confused and refuse to take their heads out of their partners ass ... Thank you
Reality

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, it's that dry and cut, is it?
Then tell us why you fellows never used the 14th Amendment before.
I mean, instead of getting your heads busted at Stonewall, why didn't you just use the 14th to shut-down all the Sodomy laws across the country?
Lawrence v. Texas, 539 U.S. 558 (2003),[1] is a landmark decision by the United States Supreme Court. In the 6-3 ruling, the Court struck down the sodomy law in Texas and, by extension, invalidated sodomy laws in thirteen other states, making same-sex sexual activity legal in every U.S. state and territory. The court overturned its previous ruling on the same issue in the 1986 case Bowers v. Hardwick, where it upheld a challenged Georgia statute and did not find a constitutional protection of sexual privacy.

Lawrence explicitly overruled Bowers, holding that it had viewed the liberty interest too narrowly. The Court held that intimate consensual sexual conduct was part of the liberty protected by substantive due process under the Fourteenth Amendment. Lawrence invalidated similar laws throughout the United States that criminalized sodomy between consenting adults acting in private, whatever the sex of the participants.[2]

The case attracted much public attention, and a large number of amici curiae ("friends of the court") briefs were filed. Its outcome was celebrated by gay rights advocates, who hoped that further legal advances might result as a consequence.

SCOTUS used the 14th to do that!
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
They dress like you mona ....
Weak, dude.

I bet you're just aching to peak up their kilts, you're such a curious little closet queen.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
To all you idealists and diplomats out there, your misguided idealism and imbecilic diplomacy paves the way for your sons becoming drag queens and your daughters Chaz Bonos.
Parents can't be idealists or diplomats -- parents must be dictators.
If you walk into your son's bedroom and find him prancing around in lipstick, a dress, and high-heels, you must whip his ass -- either that or ten years later his "top" will be whipping his ass then marching him down Main Street in leather and chains on a dog leash.
Bow-Wow!
Oh yeah.... beat the gay out of them. That works SO well.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
The part of the gay struggle for "human rights" the LGBT wants you to ignore is that gay liberation has been a complete disaster -- so much of a disaster even gays would had been better off had it never happened.
Immediately after the bath houses were allowed 450,000 bath house habitues died.
Then the HIV epidemic spawned in these bath houses crossed over to heteros and killed 100,000. Black tennis player Arthur Ashe was one of them. He was thoroughly hetero. He was married with kids. He got a blood transfusion and received blood contaminated with HIV.
That's right -- just like all the health people predicted, your sexual practices started killing people -- people who weren't homosexual.
After this came your 30 year slide into utter degeneracy.
Today "Gay Pride Parades" are a window into your true lifestyle not the sanitized version of monogamy and love the LGBT peddles to gullible straights.
If you want to now what the LGBT lifestyle is really all about just watch the men in penis suits and erect penis hats. Judge gays by their actions not their words then ask yourself, "Do I want my son to grow up a "bottom" painted with lipstick and mascara, wearing a string bikini as he's led down Main Street on a dog leash by his "top"?
Well, do you?
If you do, vote for same-sex marriage.
Funny how your remarks are NEVER about lesbians in vagina suits. Do you have "issues?"
Reality

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
To all you idealists and diplomats out there, your misguided idealism and imbecilic diplomacy paves the way for your sons becoming drag queens and your daughters Chaz Bonos.
Parents can't be idealists or diplomats -- parents must be dictators.
If you walk into your son's bedroom and find him prancing around in lipstick, a dress, and high-heels, you must whip his ass -- either that or ten years later his "top" will be whipping his ass then marching him down Main Street in leather and chains on a dog leash.
Bow-Wow!
Let me get this straight. If your son or daughter are suspected of being gay, you should beat the gay out of them. Well Proffesor why not just hand them a loaded pistol and tell them to commit suicide.
I think I now have a better understanding of why YOU are not allowed to adopt children. Seek help you sick freak
Reality

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah.... beat the gay out of them. That works SO well.
Mona on behalf of all normal heterosexuals everywhere I apologize for the comments of that azzhole. Really most of us are not like him. I now feel the need for a scalding hot shower to wash his stench from me. Again, I apologize.
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Weak, dude.
I bet you're just aching to peak up their kilts, you're such a curious little closet queen.
You can stop fishing mona, I'm not gay or anything close to gay so go pound on someone elses door ok ???? lol
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Your Futures Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but you're about 8 years to late! The horse is already out of the barn and it is a fact of life that is here to stay! Don't you just love our Constitution and the 14th amendment! How very UnAmerican of you! LOL
Our constitution was fine until you commies started to tear it down, your cult is the reason for the distruction and down fall of this great nation.
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Still asking;
WHY does a lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian?
How does that make sense according to evolution?
Isn't there anyone with a validated explanation?
Smirk.
Because she is still in the closet and is not sure of what part to play. In other words still confused ...
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

We are wasting time here, can we just carry on with the good old tradional marriage??? this has gone on long enough ... It's obvious that this is an uphill struggle and trying to convince the normal society just isn't working. Their are states that have fallen to your demands, now go and enjoy your gay lifestyle in those states you got what you wanted.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how your remarks are NEVER about lesbians in vagina suits. Do you have "issues?"
For days my question has been about lesbians in men's suits acting like men to attract lesbians. You can't even come up with a validated answer for that!

Besides, I bet ELH looks like your suit without even dressing up!

Smile.
Reality

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Our constitution was fine until you commies started to tear it down, your cult is the reason for the distruction and down fall of this great nation.
Please indicate the amendment, that we need to fall back to, before the stinking commies made changes. The 10th perhaps?
Reality

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
For days my question has been about lesbians in men's suits acting like men to attract lesbians. You can't even come up with a validated answer for that!
Besides, I bet ELH looks like your suit without even dressing up!
Smile.
Why do some heterosexual men wear pink?
How does a persons attire or mannerisms affect the topic at hand, that being same sex marriage. Tell me does what you wear to your wedding change the legal standing?

P.S. Having seen pictures of ELH, I might say this, she is way out of your league. She is in fact a very intelligent woman, with a husband and children. She is also very easy on the eyes. All added up, way out of your league.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Reality wrote:
<quoted text>Why do some heterosexual men wear pink?
How does a persons attire or mannerisms affect the topic at hand, that being same sex marriage. Tell me does what you wear to your wedding change the legal standing?
P.S. Having seen pictures of ELH, I might say this, she is way out of your league. She is in fact a very intelligent woman, with a husband and children. She is also very easy on the eyes. All added up, way out of your league.
It has to do with equating gay unions with marriage. You know that, which is why you are avoiding the question and its implication.

As to ELH, me thinketh thou protesteth too much.

Smirk.
Magna

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Where is that magnafier Needle D the bug?

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
We are wasting time here, can we just carry on with the good old tradional marriage??? this has gone on long enough ... It's obvious that this is an uphill struggle and trying to convince the normal society just isn't working. Their are states that have fallen to your demands, now go and enjoy your gay lifestyle in those states you got what you wanted.
Yup, YOU are wasting time here, for along time now....you are free to leave.
Match sticks

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

This is NO longer a worthy topic for TOPIX.

Rather it's turned into a racists pounding topic.
Dude

Bear, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Prof Marvel wrote:
Why shouldn't gays be allowed to marry? What harm comes to you, if two strangers just happen to be the same sex, when they marry each other?
Hey Bruno

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
Bruno,

You little retard!

In less than a year, possibly as soon as October, marriage equality will return to California. ALL of California.

Have you chosen what state to which you will be moving? May I suggest Indonesia?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 137,221 - 137,240 of199,102
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Tujunga News Video

•••
•••

Tujunga Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Tujunga People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••