Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Reality

Madison, WI

#154857 Aug 15, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Our constitution was fine until you commies started to tear it down, your cult is the reason for the distruction and down fall of this great nation.
Please indicate the amendment, that we need to fall back to, before the stinking commies made changes. The 10th perhaps?
Reality

Madison, WI

#154858 Aug 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
For days my question has been about lesbians in men's suits acting like men to attract lesbians. You can't even come up with a validated answer for that!
Besides, I bet ELH looks like your suit without even dressing up!
Smile.
Why do some heterosexual men wear pink?
How does a persons attire or mannerisms affect the topic at hand, that being same sex marriage. Tell me does what you wear to your wedding change the legal standing?

P.S. Having seen pictures of ELH, I might say this, she is way out of your league. She is in fact a very intelligent woman, with a husband and children. She is also very easy on the eyes. All added up, way out of your league.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#154859 Aug 15, 2012
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>Why do some heterosexual men wear pink?
How does a persons attire or mannerisms affect the topic at hand, that being same sex marriage. Tell me does what you wear to your wedding change the legal standing?
P.S. Having seen pictures of ELH, I might say this, she is way out of your league. She is in fact a very intelligent woman, with a husband and children. She is also very easy on the eyes. All added up, way out of your league.
It has to do with equating gay unions with marriage. You know that, which is why you are avoiding the question and its implication.

As to ELH, me thinketh thou protesteth too much.

Smirk.
Magna

La Puente, CA

#154860 Aug 15, 2012
Where is that magnafier Needle D the bug?

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#154861 Aug 15, 2012
Bruno wrote:
We are wasting time here, can we just carry on with the good old tradional marriage??? this has gone on long enough ... It's obvious that this is an uphill struggle and trying to convince the normal society just isn't working. Their are states that have fallen to your demands, now go and enjoy your gay lifestyle in those states you got what you wanted.
Yup, YOU are wasting time here, for along time now....you are free to leave.
Match sticks

La Puente, CA

#154862 Aug 15, 2012
This is NO longer a worthy topic for TOPIX.

Rather it's turned into a racists pounding topic.
Dude

Newark, DE

#154863 Aug 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Prof Marvel wrote:
Why shouldn't gays be allowed to marry? What harm comes to you, if two strangers just happen to be the same sex, when they marry each other?
Hey Bruno

Alhambra, CA

#154864 Aug 15, 2012
Bruno wrote:
We are wasting time here, can we just carry on with the good old tradional marriage??? this has gone on long enough ... It's obvious that this is an uphill struggle and trying to convince the normal society just isn't working. Their are states that have fallen to your demands, now go and enjoy your gay lifestyle in those states you got what you wanted.
Bruno,

You little retard!

In less than a year, possibly as soon as October, marriage equality will return to California. ALL of California.

Have you chosen what state to which you will be moving? May I suggest Indonesia?
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#154865 Aug 15, 2012
ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
All except Hindus, Buddhists, and several MAJOR branches of Christianity and Judism
but what the hell...Ignorance? Fear? Stupidity? Take your pick.
Stick to the topic, it's not religion and homo, it's gays marrying each other.

“well, really...”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#154866 Aug 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
For days my question has been about lesbians in men's suits acting like men to attract lesbians. You can't even come up with a validated answer for that!
As a 50 year old straight married woman...I will give your question a shot. Woman no longer dress to attract a mate! Long gone are the days of "getting all gussied up" for the Church social to attract a husband. We dress for our own pleasure, comfort and needs. Business suits became a necessity when we wanted equality in the work place...we can rock those, we can rock jeans and a t, hoodies and sweats, dresses, skirts...whatever we want. Todays woman is capable of so much more than just breeding, don't ya think? We don't need to dress to attract mates...I think intelligent people have evolved beyond that.

Did you dress as a man or a woman to attract your wife? Did you "get all gussied up"? If you are what you say you are and really have a wife, you need to take some lessons on loving, compassionate acceptance from her. This speaks to your post about religious and cultural sensitivity on a different thread. Where exactly did you leave your sensitivity?

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#154867 Aug 15, 2012
LeaderOfThePack2 wrote:
<quoted text>
As a 50 year old straight married woman...I will give your question a shot. Woman no longer dress to attract a mate! Long gone are the days of "getting all gussied up" for the Church social to attract a husband. We dress for our own pleasure, comfort and needs. Business suits became a necessity when we wanted equality in the work place...we can rock those, we can rock jeans and a t, hoodies and sweats, dresses, skirts...whatever we want. Todays woman is capable of so much more than just breeding, don't ya think? We don't need to dress to attract mates...I think intelligent people have evolved beyond that.
Did you dress as a man or a woman to attract your wife? Did you "get all gussied up"? If you are what you say you are and really have a wife, you need to take some lessons on loving, compassionate acceptance from her. This speaks to your post about religious and cultural sensitivity on a different thread. Where exactly did you leave your sensitivity?
Right on.......today's young woman knows she can be rough and tumble by day and evening gown with heels at night IF she so desires.......neither take away from who she is!!!

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

#154869 Aug 15, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how your remarks are NEVER about lesbians in vagina suits. Do you have "issues?"
I never talk about polygamists either.

Funny you don't find that funny.

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

#154870 Aug 15, 2012
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>Lawrence v. Texas, 539 U.S. 558 (2003),[1] is a landmark decision by the United States Supreme Court. In the 6-3 ruling, the Court struck down the sodomy law in Texas and, by extension, invalidated sodomy laws in thirteen other states, making same-sex sexual activity legal in every U.S. state and territory. The court overturned its previous ruling on the same issue in the 1986 case Bowers v. Hardwick, where it upheld a challenged Georgia statute and did not find a constitutional protection of sexual privacy.
Lawrence explicitly overruled Bowers, holding that it had viewed the liberty interest too narrowly. The Court held that intimate consensual sexual conduct was part of the liberty protected by substantive due process under the Fourteenth Amendment. Lawrence invalidated similar laws throughout the United States that criminalized sodomy between consenting adults acting in private, whatever the sex of the participants.[2]
The case attracted much public attention, and a large number of amici curiae ("friends of the court") briefs were filed. Its outcome was celebrated by gay rights advocates, who hoped that further legal advances might result as a consequence.
SCOTUS used the 14th to do that!
Are you finished?

Someone hand him a clean towel.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#154871 Aug 15, 2012
LeaderOfThePack2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pure BS masquarading as women's lib.

-Butch lesbians don't dress for comfort. They dress in men's clothes and styles and take on mannerisms like men.

-You not only sterotype all women in a idiotic and deceitful way, you deny the power of evolution to dictate your behaviors.

I left my sensitivity at the door of denial, which is where gays make the perposterous claim that gay couples are 'exactly the same' as marriage AND as you brought up, horrifically transgres cultural and religious sensitivity.

Nice gay twirl for a straight, but silly stupid with no validation of course.

Grin.
Dude

Newark, DE

#154872 Aug 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
-Butch lesbians don't dress for comfort. They dress in men's clothes and styles and take on mannerisms like men.
Source? Ha.
hillbillyboy

Elizabethton, TN

#154873 Aug 15, 2012
LeaderOfThePack2 wrote:
<quoted text>
It might be a little off topic, but since it came up...

I do kinda miss the times back in the 1970s, when women took better care of their looks and dressed nice. They had some really cool hair styles back then.

They had glamor back then, you know? Real glamor.

Now, its like they just dont care anymore. They go about in hoodies and baggie pants. Sometimes they dont even comb their hair anymore. They just put a rubber band in it, drag on some baggy pants and a t shirt, and go out in public just like they had good sense.

Kinda reminds me of so many refugees from some disaster movie.

As for me, I like a pair of bibbed overalls.

But Im a hick from Tennessee. I do know anything about fashion anyway!

Hope I didnt make anybody mad?:)
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#154874 Aug 15, 2012
Only Romney can restore the economy, jobs, Medicare and America!

Obama has nothing but failure to look back on, and foward to.

Romney / Ryan 2012.. Rescue and Recovery!
Match sticks

La Puente, CA

#154876 Aug 15, 2012
Are playing with safety matches?
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#154877 Aug 15, 2012
Obama to sign up millions of illegals in time to vote: More than 1.7 million illegal immigrants could become eligible for tentative legal status Wednesday when President Obama’s non-deportation policy goes into effect, and after initial fears that the program would backfire, immigrant advocates are urging young immigrants to sign up.
Hey Rittardo

Alhambra, CA

#154878 Aug 15, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
Obama to sign up millions of illegals in time to vote: More than 1.7 million illegal immigrants could become eligible for tentative legal status Wednesday when President Obama’s non-deportation policy goes into effect, and after initial fears that the program would backfire, immigrant advocates are urging young immigrants to sign up.
Hey, Chicken Little,

Here's another civics lesson for you:

They won't be able to vote. Only citizens are allowed to vote.

Damn! You're stupid!!!

BTW: Screwing with the voter rolls is something the GOP does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tujunga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Bruin For Life 27,911
Council rejects Kare offer (Sep '08) 4 hr Snoop Cat 252
Lottery Hunts For Winner Of Unclaimed Quarter-M... 5 hr Rashun 1
Ashley Tisdale goes for a casual breakfast with... (Apr '14) 6 hr one directioner 2
SF gay pride event celebrates 40th anniversary (Jun '10) 12 hr Dolly 111
NASA Begins Sixth Year Of Airborne Antarctic Ic... 19 hr One way or another 4
What is with all the Armenians in NOHO (Jul '09) 21 hr Gago 156

Tujunga News Video

Tujunga Dating
Find my Match

Tujunga Jobs

Tujunga People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Tujunga News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Tujunga

Personal Finance