Tired of Mayor

Blytheville, AR

#1 Jun 13, 2012
I for one am tired of watching this town slip further and further downhill. This town could be a great place to live with a little direction. We need to start by holding public servants accountable for their actions and poor job performance. The city has grown up yards and alley ways, broken down vehicles and other junk piled in yards, and broken down unsafe structures. One good example is the old Body Factory building on N. Ozark St. This two story brick building burned out 6 months ago and is still barely standing and just as unsafe as it was then. Just drive by it and look at all the bricks that have fell from this building, many out onto the sidewalk below. Are we going to let someone get killed by falling debris before we do anything about it? At one point it had, and may still have, caution tape around the front of the building. Way to go, I'm sure small children will really pay attention to that. This building is just one of many hazardous properties within the city, all it takes to see these properties is a drive through town. You don't even have to get out of your vehicle Mr. Anderson, but, unfortunately you will have to leave the mayor's office(Facebook will be there when you get back). While you are out driving, take a look at how many streets are missing stop signs and. Who will be at fault when a wreck happens at one of these intersections? I would think that the city would be, how can you disregard a stop sign that was never there? What about the yard debris situation? The city no longer picks up limbs as they had done since as far back as I can remember. Now, they have taken away a place for us citizens to drop off our own yard debris. Its odd that we lost that service but our taxes never went down and I don't believe that there was a cut in city manpower so we are still paying the same amount for nothing. I was told by a reliable source that the code enforcement officer, Gary Anderson, recently gave a warning to a gentleman on Hwy 69 for burning yard debris in a ditch in front of his own house. WHAT ELSE WAS HE SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THEM? The city no longer picks them up, we have no place to drop them off, and we can't put them in the trash cans. Mr. Anderson, I'm glad that you are on top of blood thirsty shit like this, nevermind the falling down buildings.
I don't really have to get into the garbage pick up situation too deep to anger the majority of the citizens, but I will. We had a company who was picking our trash up regularly, yeah they may have been a day or two late occasionally but it was better than paying $15.00 extra a month. Delta environmental said that any delay was because of a delay in payment, that is yet to be confirmed but they aren't suing us for no reason I'm sure. So, we went out and bought $90,000 worth of trash cans and leased our own trash trucks and we aren't even sure that we are going to be released from our contract with Delta since we violated the contract. I just believe that if we abided by the conditions of the contract than we could have just used our city attorney which we are already paying instead of hiuring a speciual attorney for $10,000. More than likely we will have wasted $200,000 or more , in cans, fuel, manpower, attorney fees, trucks, etc., before this mess is over with. But hey, do what you want, its not your money you are spending, its ours.
What about the parks and rec situation? Lets look past director's the DWI situation which FOR SURE happened. Arrested on Jan. 27th 2012 for DWI, Refusal To Submit To A BAC Test (breath test), and Failure to signal,..... plead guilty on February 29th 2012. Its public record , just ask the Jonesboro District Court. Lets talk about something else kept secretive from us, the loss of $30,000 in concessions. I'm sorry but, HOW DO YOU LOSE $30,000 IN CONCESSION SALES? You have a monopoly on the snack and drink sales, its not like you have competition. Think about that for a minute, does that seem odd to anyone else?
no way

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Jun 13, 2012
When you pay a $1.00 for a .25 candy bar and $1.50 for a .50 cent drink there is no way on earth the concssions stands should be at a $30,000.00 dollar loss, maybe a $30,000.00 gain. Something is bad wrong if it is and there is no excuse for it. A concessions stand is a win win situations no matter how you look at it. Really what is going on with this town.
No way

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Jun 13, 2012
I heard he spent $40,000 on animal skin coats worn by all the ball coaches. Psshhh...Keepin it classy. What a jerk? He should go door to door apologizing to all the tax payers personally.
right on

Ash Flat, AR

#4 Jun 14, 2012
We can still take stuff to the Trumann dump. Well I hope we can because that's where we been taking ours.
red

Blytheville, AR

#5 Jun 18, 2012
dont be too hard on the mayor, after all, the good people of trumann voted her in.
red

Blytheville, AR

#6 Jun 18, 2012
ok, seriously, heres the problem. trumann doesnt have enough people paying in taxes. most of the jobs have left trumann, few people work, most are retired, disabled, or on welfare, they get their money from the government. in order to maintain a city, there has to be jobs. without jobs there are less tax payers. im not saying there is no corruption in the city government or lack of leadership, sure there is. but look at what kind of voters you have. its not just trumann, its nationwide from trumann arkansas to washington dc. anyone who has a job should vote, most dont and this is what you get.
Maybe

Mountain Home, AR

#7 Jun 19, 2012
I was a coach and I didn't get one. That sorry MF. Lol. I don't think he purchased furr coats for coachs, that seems pretty far fetched considering I coached. He should be fired for the DUI for sure. I would lose my job if I got arrested on DUI charges and I dont work with the public, let alone kids. The concession is a profit only situation now since tropical twist runs it and pays the city a percentage of what they earn. The fields look like shit "I mean SHIT" and those are or should be the #1 priority. Run the lawn mower over the grass and thats it. Bullshit, look at marked tree's fields, you could putt on them. I'm not saying ours should be perfect but they should and could be much better. Little bit of weed spray, fertilizer, water and a drag for the infield. That in a nutshell is all they need. O and for him to get off his lazy drunk ass and run a mower or spray some water on the fields himself. Just because he is the director doesn't mean he doesn't have to do manual labor.
You was a coach

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#8 Jun 19, 2012
Maybe wrote:
I was a coach and I didn't get one. That sorry MF. Lol. I don't think he purchased furr coats for coachs, that seems pretty far fetched considering I coached. He should be fired for the DUI for sure. I would lose my job if I got arrested on DUI charges and I dont work with the public, let alone kids. The concession is a profit only situation now since tropical twist runs it and pays the city a percentage of what they earn. The fields look like shit "I mean SHIT" and those are or should be the #1 priority. Run the lawn mower over the grass and thats it. Bullshit, look at marked tree's fields, you could putt on them. I'm not saying ours should be perfect but they should and could be much better. Little bit of weed spray, fertilizer, water and a drag for the infield. That in a nutshell is all they need. O and for him to get off his lazy drunk ass and run a mower or spray some water on the fields himself. Just because he is the director doesn't mean he doesn't have to do manual labor.
So you was a coach what happen you get kick off or Fired for being a dumnA@@, the Trumann ballfields are the best around, and if you want to play putt putt go to Market Tree and putt on their ballfields because we play Baseball on ours,, Thank You Have A Nice Day.
okaythen

Blytheville, AR

#9 Jun 19, 2012
I hear a lot of complaining on topix, but it doesn't do any good at all if you don't call or go down to the mayor's office and complain to them. I agree with everything that's beens said her but nobody is actually doing anything about it. I have voiced my opinions to the Mayor and Mr. Anderson personally so I have done my part. Everyone here that is complaining needs to forget about topix and go down to the Mayor's office and complain in person. Enough people complaining will eventually get something done. At the least everyone should be picking up the phone and calling down there to complain!!!!
The real issue

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#10 Jun 19, 2012
What about the fur coats??!!
complain

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#11 Jun 19, 2012
I myself went down their to compain about something, I did get what I was compaining about taken care of, Thank you,, Only one thing, how can so many people that buying homes and can just walk off from them, One place is own by a bank in California and it will take 6 Months before a forclose to go to court, and then another two years before a tax lean is file..
change

Jonesboro, AR

#12 Jun 19, 2012
Sign the petition then we can remove her from office and get someone in here that does care for the people of Trumann and that will make a difference. If not itís going to be a long two years and who knows what will happen.
haha

Blytheville, AR

#13 Jun 19, 2012
change wrote:
Sign the petition then we can remove her from office and get someone in here that does care for the people of Trumann and that will make a difference. If not itís going to be a long two years and who knows what will happen.
She not going anywhere, WATCH!
Maybe

Mountain Home, AR

#14 Jun 19, 2012
You was a coach wrote:
<quoted text>
So you was a coach what happen you get kick off or Fired for being a dumnA@@, the Trumann ballfields are the best around, and if you want to play putt putt go to Market Tree and putt on their ballfields because we play Baseball on ours,, Thank You Have A Nice Day.
No! For one I love my child and would do nothing to disgrace him or my family by getting kicked off or out of coaching, 2, Brandon struggles just to get enough coaches to help for all the teams so I volunteered my time unlike most selfish people on here. Where have you been watching baseball if you think ours are the best around "Bay, Weiner" either way not anywhere near Jonesboro, marked tree, Newport or really any other city within a 25 mile radius. I'm not saying our fields are the worst I'm just saying there are huge pieces of glass in the dirt on the infield which are very dangerous to the kids, more dandelions than Bermuda and games are delayed for dirt blowing in the kids eyes. This is a town big enough and capable enough to take care of the fields better than that. The Flemming fields are fairly decent except for the weeded up grass infields and super lumpy uneven ground. If you don't want the best for our kids then you should be ashamed. Yes I think my team deserves to play on a field that gives true hops from ground balls, slide without being lacerated, and shouldn't have to bring goggles for the occasional dirt tsunami. Do they have to be perfect? No. Should they be the best Trumann has to offer? Yes. Are they? No. Thx have a good day. Your a useless waste of our good oxygen.
Maybe

Mountain Home, AR

#15 Jun 19, 2012
You was a coach wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way me saying I WAS a coach in passed tense was because the baseball season is over. If you were any part of the program you would have known that. So go troll someone else's post's.
Donnie darko

Ash Flat, AR

#16 Jun 19, 2012
Wo wo wo!!!!..... What's this thing about fur coats? Im interested.
Didnotvote4her

Blytheville, AR

#17 Jun 20, 2012
I used to do business at Action medical. I had a handicapped family member. Well our upright & honest mayor knew this family member had money. She would charge double, she totally took advantage of my family member. So it does not surprise me how she has been running our town.
I'm proud to say I didn't vote for her & will not ever vote for her! I would like to see our town come together and choose someone that would do the job. Not just win the popularity contest!!
stone cold

Osceola, AR

#18 Jul 5, 2012
well i for 1 .like to know,what happen to our ex.cheif tony ,and his sidekick.is there a case on then in court.the mayor not talking .a crime a crime ,did they get out of jail free.there alot of top cop all around us ,that been on the news and was deal with hard.why r they walking.
not a stupid

Mountain Home, AR

#19 Jul 5, 2012
If you have a computer or a cell phone stone cold you should throw it in the trash

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumann Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deleted again.... Guilty maybe? 10 min Colleague 3
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 11 min WARRIOR 10,013
AR Who do you support for Auditor in Arkansas in 2... (Oct '10) 46 min WARRIOR 248
AR Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in A... (Oct '10) 2 hr guest 390
AR Arkansas Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 6 hr Brown Down 3,841
AR Who do you support for Governor in Arkansas in ... (Oct '10) 6 hr KatBrownKohl 950
Why Are Trumann People So Boring? 15 hr Bekoz Isedso 2
•••
•••
•••

Trumann Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Trumann People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Trumann News, Events & Info