Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

Judged:

i live in Crooked Creek and am hoping others that live in our subdivision will respond with their thoughts and feelings.

In December, the homeowners fees are due. Just under half of the homeowners did NOT submit their payments. A majority of subdivisions have fees for their subdivisions. Unfortunately there is not enough funds to go after those that did not pay and collections have been placed against those that did not pay.

We also have rules for our subdivisions and there are many homeowners that do NOT think this is meant for them. The boats, rvs, trash cans, trailers, trash, etc make our subdivision look like TRASH. To all homeowners, please please help our subdivision look wonderful. Be proud of the subidivision we live in and clean up your homes, yards, driveways. The other issue - dogs on electric lines. Most homeowners have electric lines that work. However, there is one street in this subdivision you can NOT walk down without fear that one of the dogs will break off the line and attack you. There are children in this subdivision.

For those passing our subdivision, please be courteous and drive the speed limit - 35 mph. Again, we have children that are outside playing!
country boy

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

That is what gets me about some people the bitch about their house falling apart and everything else then they do that stupid crap to make subdivisions around lc look like crap. They say their grass dont grow b/c their builder well maybe a little work to keep it up humm.

Since: Oct 10

Troy, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

Judged:

My son just moved out of crooked creek and he also did not want to pay his fees-- the builder promised walking trails, subdivision pool, and many other items that never occurred. Almost 5 years later and still nothing. Now the builder is gone (foreclosed on) and the promises will not be kept.

There are so many foreclosures in this subdivision and the banks are refusing to care for any of them. It is bringing the values down. My sons home appraised in the upper 170s just 2 years ago and basically had to give it away in the $130s.

oh... we also found out that registered sex offenders live in this subdivision... another reason my son took the loss on his home and bolted.

"Resident" I understand your concerns... but theres not much that can be done about it. Everyone has lost value in their homes and feels cheated by the builder... This is an unfortunate situation that only time will heal... Go ahead and file leins against the homes for unpaid fees, high grass, RVs, junk, dogs, whatever... it will not fix the matter anytime soon.

Expect more foreclosures in that subdivision and falling values. Get out while you can. Check the registry on your neighbors.

Now you see the same homes offered for sale in the 110s.

Sorry for being a realist.

Since: Aug 10

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

Judged:

I am a resident of crooked creek and I fully believe that everyone should pay their dues as I did. But I also understand that it is extremely hard times right now and some can just not swing it and are doing everything they can to keep their houses and many are losing that battle. Also alot of residents are very upset with Omni because they have refused to meet with the residents and discuss the issues in the subdivision and financial situation. They can not justify when asked where all the money has went that has been paid over the years. We were told when a meeting was requested "when we have something to say to you we will meet with you". They have stated several times that they are going to schedule a meeting and never have followed through. Until this meeting happens and things are explained I believe even more people will stop paying their dues. Maybe the problem is with Omni and not the residents.

If you have a problem with the dogs I would recommend talking to the home owners face to face vs. an anonymous post or at least a letter. I am sure they would not have a problem speaking with you and working through your concerns. I have not met anyone in Crooked Creek that has been rude when confronted with issues other than one or two people. Then after that if you continued to have problems and they ignore your request I would seek other options such as the authorities. If they don't know there is a problem they can't fix it.

As far as complaining about trash cans, rv, boats, and everything else. When I look around crooked Creek I do not see any houses or yards that are an extreme eye sore. Yes grass could be cut a little more and things maybe cleaned up a little but nothing that is worth complaining about. As a home owner you should have the right to store your things were you want and take care of your property the way you see fit. I think you have a little to much time on your hands to nit pick others and not enough guts to face the problem face to face. I don't mean to be rude but the people that sit back and want to nit pick at others aggravates me. Why make an mountain out of ant hill?? I am sure I could come to your house and find things that I don't approve of. Most of the rules the subdivision have are pointless. No basket ball goals outside? Are you serious in a subdivision full of kids?? I could understand all these rules why houses were being sold but now that they are no longer building why not let the home owners live freely as they choose within reason. Why govern them by a bunch of stupid rules based on an opinion of appearance. I don't see the problem with everything you are complaining about as far as appearance. Does it really make the subdivision look that bad to have a nice boat parked in your driveway or a trash can sitting on the side of your house? If they are pieces of crap or trash is all over the place I can understand. But if it is maintained and clean why not?

By the way feel free to come talk to me. I am the one with the RV.
resident

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

TIME4ACHANGE2BEGIN wrote:
I am a resident of crooked creek and I fully believe that everyone should pay their dues as I did. But I also understand that it is extremely hard times right now and some can just not swing it and are doing everything they can to keep their houses and many are losing that battle. Also alot of residents are very upset with Omni because they have refused to meet with the residents and discuss the issues in the subdivision and financial situation. They can not justify when asked where all the money has went that has been paid over the years. We were told when a meeting was requested "when we have something to say to you we will meet with you". They have stated several times that they are going to schedule a meeting and never have followed through. Until this meeting happens and things are explained I believe even more people will stop paying their dues. Maybe the problem is with Omni and not the residents.
If you have a problem with the dogs I would recommend talking to the home owners face to face vs. an anonymous post or at least a letter. I am sure they would not have a problem speaking with you and working through your concerns. I have not met anyone in Crooked Creek that has been rude when confronted with issues other than one or two people. Then after that if you continued to have problems and they ignore your request I would seek other options such as the authorities. If they don't know there is a problem they can't fix it.
As far as complaining about trash cans, rv, boats, and everything else. When I look around crooked Creek I do not see any houses or yards that are an extreme eye sore. Yes grass could be cut a little more and things maybe cleaned up a little but nothing that is worth complaining about. As a home owner you should have the right to store your things were you want and take care of your property the way you see fit. I think you have a little to much time on your hands to nit pick others and not enough guts to face the problem face to face. I don't mean to be rude but the people that sit back and want to nit pick at others aggravates me. Why make an mountain out of ant hill?? I am sure I could come to your house and find things that I don't approve of. Most of the rules the subdivision have are pointless. No basket ball goals outside? Are you serious in a subdivision full of kids?? I could understand all these rules why houses were being sold but now that they are no longer building why not let the home owners live freely as they choose within reason. Why govern them by a bunch of stupid rules based on an opinion of appearance. I don't see the problem with everything you are complaining about as far as appearance. Does it really make the subdivision look that bad to have a nice boat parked in your driveway or a trash can sitting on the side of your house? If they are pieces of crap or trash is all over the place I can understand. But if it is maintained and clean why not?
I do not have a problem with basketball courts, fences, decks, etc. I wish everyone living in this subdivision would just agree with each other and get along. Omni has been a pain to deal with and some of their rules were stupid. Let's make our community look wonderful and proud that we live there. I am not nit picking, i just want to live in a subdivision that does not look like garbage!
fed up

Wright City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

Well if you don't know who your neighbor is go to http://" www.lincolncomogis.com " and found out and send them a letter.

Rules are there for everyones behalf, and not to sound rude, but you signed them. I know that doesn't make it right for those who don't pay their dues, but get out and do something about it. I sure as hell would.

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

Thats exactly my point. Everyones opinions are different. You are willing to let some things slide but not others based on your own personal opinion.

Maybe omni will set up the meeting soon and then agreements can be made between the residents together. Something that works for everyone. Everyone will not be happy with everything that is decided but at least it was decided by the residents and not someone sitting in the office that doesn't even live there. I feel the old set should be thrown out and a new set made. A way to start fresh and then start enforcing.
clark

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

Judged:

TIME4ACHANGE2BEGIN wrote:
You don't like the rules so you think you are above them and aren't going to follow them. Tpyical. Answer this, was someone hold a gun to your head when you moved in there? There are P L E N T Y of places in LC without rules that you can park your uncleeddymobile. Thank god i live in a subdivision with rules that are adhered to.

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

clark wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't like the rules so you think you are above them and aren't going to follow them. Tpyical. Answer this, was someone hold a gun to your head when you moved in there? There are P L E N T Y of places in LC without rules that you can park your uncleeddymobile. Thank god i live in a subdivision with rules that are adhered to.
Your opinion but not your subdivision. So butt out. You reply on something you know nothing about. Your only understanding of the matter is from what you read which is not even the tip of the ice berg. It has nothing to do with thinking I am above the rules but I am not going to waste my time explaining things to you. What the heck is a uncleedymobile anyways? If it is meant to be something trashy my RV probably cost more than your house and it is new before you say anything.
clark

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

Judged:

Public forum so no I dont have to butt out. You have know idea how much my house cost so back at ya. You dont have to explain anything to me or anyone else you have the RV in your driveway (your statement) which is against the rules, I would say that that's a pretty clear indication.

uncleeddymobile = "That there is an RV"
Al Sharptons Afro

Troy, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

Judged:

What white people complain about is plain silly. If you don't like the rules too bad you have to follow them or get out. If I was ever fixin to move I for sure will drive past Crooks In The Creak or Creeps In The Woods subdivision or whatever yall call it and you can take that to the bank. That is some crazy stuff right there.
Rules Are Necessary

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2010

Those of you who live in Crooked Creek.....

You live in the City of Troy, correct? There are several things you need to do.

First, ask to meet with your Aldermen for the city. Review with them the problems and issues that you are facing. You need to find out if the city ever took dedication of the streets and common ground in and around your subdivision.

Second, if meeting with your aldermen is of no use, go to a City of Troy council meeting and express your concerns again. One thing a city cannot stand today is bad press. You are paying taxes in Troy, so I would expect some action in return.

Take your issues with Omni to the press. Get as many people as you can to call Elliot Davis or another station. Tell them about your issues. You will need LOTS of people to call.

Finally, carefully review your "Covenants and Restrictions" you should have signed at closing. Normally these rules are MORE restrictive then the ones a city comes up with. Find out how the Trustees were set-up. Usually it is the builder or their rep who serves in that capacity until a certain portion of the dev. Is completed.

My guess is that your subdivision fees are collected by someone like "City and Village Tax Office" in STL County. They should be able to tell you who is serving as Trustee at this time.

Hopefully this helps. I do not live in your subdivision, but have learned over the years how to manipulate, ah sorry, change the system to your advantage.
Rules Are Necessary

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2010

A desire to create change starts with one person. If you are reasonable, MOST will follow along. They probably have the same concerns and desires as you, but no one bothered to ask. If I were a betting person, you can probably get some kind of action if the people will follow along.

Rules are necessary for EVERYONE'S benefit. I remember when CENTEX was originally marketing Crooked Creek as "Value Engineered" homes. That is a marketing term for cheap!
TIME4ACHANGE

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2010

Rules Are Necessary wrote:
A desire to create change starts with one person. If you are reasonable, MOST will follow along. They probably have the same concerns and desires as you, but no one bothered to ask. If I were a betting person, you can probably get some kind of action if the people will follow along.
Rules are necessary for EVERYONE'S benefit. I remember when CENTEX was originally marketing Crooked Creek as "Value Engineered" homes. That is a marketing term for cheap!
I understand everyone's point of view. Yes rules do need to be followed but they can not possibly be taken seriously when everything Omni and the builders has promised for this subdivision has not happened. We were told when we inquired on the rules that those rules were in place to sell the houses in the subdivsion. Once the subdivision was completed it would be turned over to the residents and we could vote on a committee of residents to set our own rules and enforce them. Instead they gave us to Omni which I have explained has been horrible. We received a letter months ago for votes on a person to speak on the residents behalf and work with Omni. Nothing ever came of it and to my knowledge nothing further has been done. Everything they say has just been them blowing smoke. I want a nice and well kept subdivision to live in as well. Also though we are middle class family subdivision we do not live in a subdivision of 300 or 400 thousand dollar houses. Most people work and one of the rules is to not allow work vehicles at your residence in the subdivsion. Really?? Thats how people pay for their house and you wont let them park it in their own driveway?? The point I have been trying to make and maybe I didn't get across correctly is that alot of the rules are ridiculous. It is not right to pick and choose which ones you want to accept and the ones you don't because everyone opinion will be different. My personal opinion is until changes are made and reasonable rules are put into place then all the rules are pretty much out the window and everyone will continue to pick and choose on what they want to follow. If we as residents decide no RVS, trashcans inside, only vinyl fences, no work trucks, and the list goes on and on then so be it. That is what was decided, I knew when I signed that I would have to follow the rules put in place by the RESIDENTS and I will do so. But when i signed I was not told it would never be given over because a money hungry OMNI management was going to take over. As said above we do need to come together and resolve the situation other wise its never going to get better. There were a lot of good ideas shared in the comments. Thank you for that. This is my home and I take great pride in it. I would really like to see the problems in this subdivision come to end and a peaceful resolution to all. We are all neighbors and many of us friends. This is my last post on the matter, I really hope all ends well.
Ron Jeremy

Troy, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2010

Where is crooked creek subdivision anyway? Sounds like a fun place to make a movie.
another resident

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

Can someone please tell me who the alderman for our subdivision? Obviously they haven't been in our subdivision.
resident of subdivision

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2010

Judged:

It is that time of the year where the homeowners fees are due. Last year, there were many residents that did not pay and now funds are tight. In addition, a new board will be created. Hopefully the residents will respect the board and accept the new rules that will be put in place.

To the residents of this subdivision, let's be proud of our subdivision and take care of our subdivision and help one another to accomplish this.

Happy Holidays to all!
SourCream N Onion Nipples

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2010

Sounds like people got what they asked for. Act high and mighty and then play the victim when the people they attracted to move in turn out to be redneck hillbillies. What did you expect?
why the name

Lake Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2010

Judged:

what is up with your name?????
curious

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2012

I have lived in the subdivision over 4 years and have seen alot of changes within this subdivision. There have been foreclosures and there are still homes that sit empty. Had I known now what I know, I think I would have thought twice before moving into this subdivision. It is sad that Centex did not build these homes to a better standard as well. For a home being four years, I have had to fix so much. And when you call Centex, forget it. They tell you it is your problem. If the work had been correctly when the home was built, we wouldn't have the issues. I will never buy another Centex home again and I will advise family and friends not to buy a Centex home.

Thoughts from anyone else living in this subdivision?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Troy Forum right now

Search the Troy Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr RNC Rightwing NUT Cases 95,664
Lincoln County Ambulance tax increase (Oct '12) 1 hr Johnny Long 150
Review: Lucky Puppy Custom Cuts (Aug '11) 2 hr mike 47
Auditor's Letter Stands 11 hr cool thought 18
Lincoln County Commission Sun Really 84
water delivery (Jun '11) Sun UNHAPPY 23
invaders clubhouse (Jul '13) Sun ominous777 87
•••
•••
•••
•••

Troy Jobs

•••