Attorney: bar not liable for fatal attack

A Carbon County man who fatally hit a man in the head with a baseball bat during a street fight can't win a lawsuit that blames a tavern for serving him hours earlier even though he was underage and drunk, a ... Full Story
WOW

Center Valley, PA

#2 Jan 6, 2009
I guess he was never taught to take responsibility for his own actions. No one made him drink under age, his choice. Hopefully he was charge with that crime as well as the manslaughter. He seems to have quite a history of this behavior. When will they learn!!
Dr Phil

Greensboro, NC

#3 Jan 6, 2009
17 to 19 mixed drinks.....WTF ?
DOUBLETAP

Slatington, PA

#4 Jan 6, 2009
Amazing. "I'm not responsible for what I did because you served me." WWWWHHHAAAAHHHHHH!! This makes me nuts. You do something, you pay. How many times has this guy drank in the past and not killed someone? How many times have you and I drank and not even committed a crime? All of a sudden...out of the blue...this one's someone else's fault? This is a perfect example of our society's love of the enabling and entitlement emotion. And yes, this is why Obama won, his followers see themselves getting an easier life, while we work harder to pay for it. This kid is an idiot, he made the choice, now pay. Don't blame the bartender.
Get a Job

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Jan 6, 2009
Take responsibility for your own actions!! You drank, you committed the crime, now YOU pay!!
jmo

Sellersville, PA

#6 Jan 6, 2009
DOUBLETAP wrote:
Amazing. "I'm not responsible for what I did because you served me." WWWWHHHAAAAHHHHHH!! This makes me nuts. You do something, you pay. How many times has this guy drank in the past and not killed someone? How many times have you and I drank and not even committed a crime? All of a sudden...out of the blue...this one's someone else's fault? This is a perfect example of our society's love of the enabling and entitlement emotion. And yes, this is why Obama won, his followers see themselves getting an easier life, while we work harder to pay for it. This kid is an idiot, he made the choice, now pay. Don't blame the bartender.
Amazing you had to bring politics into this. What about all the white collar thievery going on, thanks to "you know who" selling us out to his "buddies"??? This has nothing to do with this guys drinking, does it?
Harry

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Jan 6, 2009
DOUBLETAP wrote:
You made a good point until you mentioned, "this is why Obama won". Boy, are you stupid.. what does this have to do with politics. I bet you wish Bush could've run for a third term so the economy could get run into a bigger deficit and more innocent people die in a war without a cause. What a great 8 years... Get real
PoetbutDontNoit

Emmaus, PA

#8 Jan 6, 2009
You do the crime,
you serve the time.
No reward for being dumb,
not one measly crumb.
This case is a slam dunk,
you drunk-as-a-skunk punk.
anon

Hellertown, PA

#9 Jan 6, 2009
DOUBLETAP wrote:
Are you kidding me? does Obama have a history of Cocaine abuse and Alcohol addiction like Bush? No! Did Bush ever pay for his criminal actions? No! Because he's rich! Open mouth, insert foot! You are an idiot!(Lets not forget about the woman who accused Bush of rape and wound up dead!)
Peanut Butter

Andover, MA

#10 Jan 6, 2009
Dr Phil wrote:
17 to 19 mixed drinks.....WTF ?
Yeah,,, but they were shiley tempels!

“Boobies make me smile”

Since: Jul 08

Bethlehem

#11 Jan 6, 2009
What ever happened to people taking responsibility for their own actions. What an AHOLE!
DOUBLETAP

Slatington, PA

#12 Jan 6, 2009
Man oh Mano-Schevitz..Those loving liberals are some angry people. Nice posts. Idiots.
Captain Jack

Dallas, TX

#13 Jan 6, 2009
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go thru life.
jmo

Sellersville, PA

#15 Jan 6, 2009
DOUBLETAP wrote:
Man oh Mano-Schevitz..Those loving liberals are some angry people. Nice posts. Idiots.
No...sounds like you're angry because McCain didn't making. You made the first move bringing politics into this, making you the idiot.
DOUBLETAP

Slatington, PA

#16 Jan 6, 2009
jmo wrote:
<quoted text>
No...sounds like you're angry because McCain didn't making. You made the first move bringing politics into this, making you the idiot.
My God you liberals are dumb. And the best part is...you love to show it.
Claire

Harrisburg, PA

#17 Jan 6, 2009
Cry me a river. Take responsibility for your own actions, dude. Or let me guess, mommy and daddy didn't teach you that? YOU drank, YOU killed somebody, YOU pay the price. Why should the restaurant be responsible?
Minstrel In The Gallery

United States

#18 Jan 6, 2009
All proceeds from any lawsuit or legal action where the criminal might benefit should be turned over to the victim's family immediately.
Mark Sheridan

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Jan 6, 2009
I represent Trainer's Inn in this case and just wanted to make it known that our bartender has testified that Mr. Schaub was only served 4 drinks over the space of a couple of hours and that she cut him off after that because he became loud. Thanks.
This is Bull

Pennsburg, PA

#20 Jan 6, 2009
Times are bad these days and I think that Trainer's should pay this guy. Everybody has to eat.
Peanut Butter

Andover, MA

#21 Jan 7, 2009
Captain Jack wrote:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go thru life.
Too bad Bluto didn't take this advice...rip...
jars

Jim Thorpe, PA

#22 Jan 13, 2009
What happened to the "companion" that handed Schawb the baseball bat?? Were there any charges against him? There should have been. Both of them have been nothing but trouble for a long time and both should be locked up, and alot longer than 51/2 to 11 yrs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trainer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dover Firefighter Suffers Burns Battling House ... Dec 7 iwillbe2001 1
Chester Bottom Dollar Foods CLOSING 15th & Edge... Nov '14 Megan Miller Ham 3
West Goshen needs to be up-front about use of p... (Nov '08) Aug '14 Ricky 5
McCaffery Village Reunion (Mar '07) Jul '14 Mike Willis 39
Review: Mckinney Apparel Group Jul '14 Debbie 1
4 Dead In Chester Home (Mar '08) Jun '14 help me 26
Cops face firing for test cheating: Got wrong a... (Aug '09) Jan '13 Tim 5
Trainer Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web