Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
carol

Windermere, FL

#640057 May 12, 2012
Baba Yaga wrote:
<quoted text>
These libs seem to think attitudes are the same now as they were in '65. Betcha in 1965 if boys DIDN'T hassle the sissies they were labeled one themselves.
When I was in high school, relatively normal boys could do some really dumb things. Thankfully, they finally grew up. Maybe my high school was just unique.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#640058 May 12, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not 2008.
http://www.opensecrets.org/pres12/head2head.p...
Those losses happened after they paid off obama.

How many millions does jp morgan make from the ebt program thanks to their lobbyist?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#640059 May 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
So what do you think about president's who have an enemies list and go after those by name who support the opposition.
And, no, I'm not talking about a communist country.
So Obama is following in Bush's footsteps?

What's the problem? Last guy did it. This guy can too.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#640060 May 12, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop it Carol, he picked on him because he was gay. Period. He's a gay basher.
Your butt buddies in here call people gay, then pick in them and it isn't even 1965.
carol

Windermere, FL

#640061 May 12, 2012
<quoted text>
Let's see what happens. He didn't stand up to Bryan Fischer and fired Greeland as well, because he's gay. Shows a pattern of homophobia.
Did he tell you that's why he fired Greeland? Just wondering how you know this as fact and on such a personal level.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#640062 May 12, 2012
<quoted text>
Any more animal abuse stories?
Yeah.

Fred is giving shit throwing monkeys a bad name.
carol

Windermere, FL

#640063 May 12, 2012
JEB wrote:
<quoted text>
Your views certainly do not represent the republican party.
Many republicans don't support gay marriage just as many democrats don't.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#640064 May 12, 2012
carol wrote:
At a George Clooney fundraiser on Wednesday, Obama said he believes gay and lesbian couples should be able to wed, a shift in position that excited his political base around the country and spurred donations to his campaign - to applause from a crowd of 150 people who paid $40,000 a ticket to see the president at the Oscar-winning actor's home.
At a Seattle fundraiser on Thursday (the next day) after sending shock waves through the political world by announcing his support for same-sex marriage, President Obama made few references to his shift on the issue during two fundraisers here Thursday.
Gotta please the crowds - depending on the crowd.
Hollywood is an industry totally based on fiction and fantasy. And many Americans look to its inhabitants for political guidance! George Clooney is only one of many who can't tie their own shoelaces but will offer us advice on political/social issues until they're blue in the face. Actually, they don't offer but grab us by the collar with two fists and tell us what is right and who to vote for.

Hollywood is part of the Left coast after all.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#640065 May 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Think of the nation's moral fabric like a piece of clothing. Rip out just one stitch, i.e. marriage redefined to fit anyone's interpretation, and it's just a matter of time before the whole thing falls apart.
That's why I'm against gay marriage. Some things are like glue that hold the whole kit and kaboodle together. Traditional marriage is one of them.
Point is Carol, women are not having babies anymore at least in the numbers to replace their parents. So it's not going to make a scrap of difference who gets married or not. The Capitalism train will grind to a halt once the workforce is so old and no young ones coming behind to stoke the boiler. So enjoy what you have now, because the grandkids are not going to be too happy keeping an extended family of 100 with their taxes or you open the flood gates with immigration. It's one or the other. Gay Marriage is just a deflection which is a small piece in that big picture.
carol

Windermere, FL

#640066 May 12, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
So Obama is following in Bush's footsteps?
What's the problem? Last guy did it. This guy can too.
Bush was never reported as having an enemies list. Not even by the liberal media who would have made it up if they could have gotten away with it.

Nixon was the last president to have a known enemies list. Look how that worked out for him.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#640067 May 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Again? Well...okay...I'll try. Should be used to it by now anyway. It's just getting a bit old.
We haven't seen ANYTHING yet.

Thank God most (if not all) of these tricks have backfired in the faces of Obama and his administration.

Funny, but the only one to come out of this unscathed so far is VP Biden. Obama can't dump him now.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#640068 May 12, 2012
carol wrote:
WASHINGTON 05/11/2012 Americans are growing more pessimistic about the economy and handling it remains President Barack Obama's weak spot and biggest challenge in his bid for a second term, according to a new Associated Press-GfK poll.
And the gloomier outlook extends across party lines, including a steep decline in the share of Democrats who call the economy "good," down from 48 percent in February to just 31 percent now.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47385886/ns/busin...
There's just no getting this through Homer's stubborn as a mule's head.
So the Kenyan Snake yanks the conversation over to girlie boys getting wedding gowns. Nice. Magicians do this where they distract the audience's atention away from the pair of moving shoes behind the curtain:]

King Obama is a rotten magician.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#640069 May 12, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Those losses happened after they paid off obama.
How many millions does jp morgan make from the ebt program thanks to their lobbyist?
I don't know. How many?

Those losses came because Obama hasn't been enough of a hard ass.

But let's see how he acts when he's a lame duck.

Location hidden

#640070 May 12, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
(Oh 'we' know more than some want to admit. They just don't like what we know, and that we know it. Doesn't fit the right wing fantasy.}
We must take into account a persons past when they run for POTUS. As long as it's not some fictionalized account of someone's wishful thinking it's all good for me.
I guess I must have read the non-fictionalized account before I voted for Barack.
Did you know Obama bullied (teased, shoved) an obese black girl? How awful!
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#640071 May 12, 2012
Polls on gay marriage does not apply nationalwise --the votes tend to be applying to electoral college.

It does not mean gays are evenly spread across all the states.

In the final end it will change slightly, for majority still vote against gay marriage, as of now it is 50-50.

Romey will win all or most of swing states, as the swing states most all vote against gay marriage.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#640072 May 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, wow...and wow.
Can't reason with borderline insanity. So I can't even address the first part of your post.
However, gays do raise children. And I'm sure they are just as loved as any child in a traditional home. But statistics already show children do better with a father figure and a mother figure in the home - not a mother/mother or father/father figure - even if one takes on the role of the other. It's not the same for the child.
And couples raise children when they aren't married all the time. The child doesn't even know the difference.
So even if I support gays raising children, it doesn't progress your argument about the necessity for them to be married.
Interracial marriages are not even part of this conversation. Who said anything about that? Certainly, not me.
The point was that interracial marriages were against the law at one time too.
I think that the issue against gay marriage is more than just homophobia; it may be financial; if they're married then the spouse can collect social security from the spouses contributions in the event of death; gay spouses will be eligible for inclusion on health insurance policies. As it is now, without being married; a gay couple who have spent their lives as a couple, one becomes ill and is in intensive care and the partner cannot visit, only next of kin or spouse. If the partner dies, the family of the deceased comes first because he is not protected by marriage. It happens far too often than we'd like to think.
I think allowing gay marriage is a good thing; in addition to being a boom to the economy. Think of all the weddings, wedding planners, florists, hotels, caterers etc.
Then, think of the divorce lawyers business booming as well!
Live and let live; people need to mind their own business. What is important is finding a person to love and spend your life with. The gay couples I know have stronger relationships than most straight couples.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#640073 May 12, 2012
Karl Rove: Spinning a 2010 'Enemies List'

"By pointing a finger at Rove, Gillespie, and the Chamber of Commerce, Obama is not crafting a covert list of people to screw. He is trying to shame them into disclosing who is financing their multimillion-dollar campaigns to elect Republicans. Obama is correct when he decries the broken campaign finance system, which is easily swayed by special interests and wealthy folks. Under Citizens United, a billionaire industrialist who hates environmental regulations can flood a House or Senate race with ads (true or false) denouncing the candidate who supports environmental safeguards. The ads don't have to state who's behind them. The billionaire could hide behind a perfectly pleasant-sounding name: say, Citizens for Restoring American Progress. One sad truth of U.S. politics is that money and ads usually (though not always) do influence outcomes in congressional races. Consequently, secret funders have much clout and can shape American democracy.(Earlier this year, the House passed Obama-backed legislation that would force disclosure of contributions, but Republicans blocked it in the Senate.)

It is unlikely that Rove, Gillespie, the chamber, and others engaged in this covert politics will indeed be shamed by Obama and his Democratic allies into making their money men and women public. We can expect this debate to continue as Election Day nears. So if Rove wants to defend this practice of secret-cash politics, he should do so openly and not duck behind a canard. That is, let him explain why he shouldn't be on a list of the enemies of transparency and open and accountable government."

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/10/11/karl-...

Location hidden

#640074 May 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was in high school, relatively normal boys could do some really dumb things. Thankfully, they finally grew up. Maybe my high school was just unique.
Not unique at all. Definitely the norm, especially before the left infiltrated and ruined public schools.
fred

Milford, CT

#640075 May 12, 2012
<quoted text>
Nonsense. You want to hold on to your old fashioned homophobic, racist ways because you are comfortable with hating groups of people. You're afraid of losing your perceived place in society as a white person.
The world has evolved; there are gay and lesbian families with children. There are interracial families with children. Face it; your old hateful ways are going to die off and be gone forever.
How is two gay people loving each other and getting married contributing to moral decline? Makes no sense.
Liberal social engineering has wrecked society. America is sick of gays, blacks, flukers and every other perpetually aggrieved minority group the lizard plans to stack up to get elected.

ps

The Romney HS story is a propaganda smear. Fake but accurate.

fred

Milford, CT

#640076 May 12, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Karl Rove: Spinning a 2010 'Enemies List'
"By pointing a finger at Rove, Gillespie, and the Chamber of Commerce, Obama is not crafting a covert list of people to screw. He is trying to shame them into disclosing who is financing their multimillion-dollar campaigns to elect Republicans. Obama is correct when he decries the broken campaign finance system, which is easily swayed by special interests and wealthy folks. Under Citizens United, a billionaire industrialist who hates environmental regulations can flood a House or Senate race with ads (true or false) denouncing the candidate who supports environmental safeguards. The ads don't have to state who's behind them. The billionaire could hide behind a perfectly pleasant-sounding name: say, Citizens for Restoring American Progress. One sad truth of U.S. politics is that money and ads usually (though not always) do influence outcomes in congressional races. Consequently, secret funders have much clout and can shape American democracy.(Earlier this year, the House passed Obama-backed legislation that would force disclosure of contributions, but Republicans blocked it in the Senate.)
It is unlikely that Rove, Gillespie, the chamber, and others engaged in this covert politics will indeed be shamed by Obama and his Democratic allies into making their money men and women public. We can expect this debate to continue as Election Day nears. So if Rove wants to defend this practice of secret-cash politics, he should do so openly and not duck behind a canard. That is, let him explain why he shouldn't be on a list of the enemies of transparency and open and accountable government."
http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/10/11/karl-...
Get back to us when the lizard reveals his super pack funders.

George Soros? Red ChiCom? Russians?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Towson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Phil Donahue 306,962
In need of loan shark (Aug '12) Thu susan 9
Meri chut her waqt geeli kyun rehti hai? Thu Aaria 1
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) Wed Raptor in Michigan 120,226
gay in Towson Maryland Wed Kandin 8
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Wed Jim Jones 19,549
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) Dec 16 jamielee 103
Towson Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Towson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Towson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Towson

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:38 pm PST