Carson declares itself a drug-free city

Full story: Daily Breeze 140
Mayor Jim Dear, left, and Mayor Pro Tem Elito Santarina admire their new drug-free sign after unveiling it. Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
FLETCH

Menifee, CA

#1 Jul 15, 2010
NO laughing gas NEEDED.
And more

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#2 Jul 15, 2010
Next week they'll declare themselves a no-foreclosure city.
JonesBurrow

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Jul 15, 2010
Nothing but more hype and I mean more. Nothing but a ghetto with a paint job
gmarker

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Jul 15, 2010
Dang! I didn't know it was that easy. I guess Los Angeles should just declare themselves an unemployment-free city. Or better yet, a politician-free city.
Weed Smoker Unite

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Jul 15, 2010
Drugs in our community is an important issue to deal with! What ideas do you have to address this issue!
BEER IS GOOD

Lomita, CA

#6 Jul 15, 2010
Waste of money
Girb

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Jul 15, 2010
The war on drugs has been one of the biggest failures in the history of the United States. The proof is that after 40 years drugs are cheaper today than they were 40 years ago. Not good. Legalization and eduction is the way to go.
Phil McKrackin

United States

#8 Jul 15, 2010
I was going to spark up a bowl, then I saw the sign.
whatever

Bell, CA

#9 Jul 15, 2010
Are they going to close the liquor stores and pharmacies too?
joe pinoy

Oxnard, CA

#10 Jul 15, 2010
drug free my butt, i just saw my neighbor lit up a crack pipe
WTF Please

Torrance, CA

#11 Jul 15, 2010
Next they will claim to be a welfare free city and a gangster free city! Absolutely laughable.
Weed Smoker Unite

Los Angeles, CA

#12 Jul 15, 2010
Look into the law itself not just the title and keep reading all the wordings in the sign! Violators will be punished sevely! Welcome to Carson! A community that is fighting the drug problem in their City is not a laughing matter! How can a scientist of UCLA and RAND turn a serious matter into a joke knowing of the communities support and the City leadership's effort in dealing with drugs, drug dealing, and drug abuse in Carson!
Weed Smoker Unite

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Jul 15, 2010
joe pinoy wrote:
Your lucky you live in Torrance!
Weed Smoker Unite

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Jul 15, 2010
Girb wrote:
The war on drugs has been one of the biggest failures in the history of the United States. The proof is that after 40 years drugs are cheaper today than they were 40 years ago. Not good. Legalization and eduction is the way to go.
Legalize it! And mess up the whole current system in dealing with the issue of drug addiction and drug dependency prevention, intervention, and treatment! Marijuana has caused the downfall of many people who have been looking to deal, get off their addiction and move on with their life outside of all the problems of ADDICTION!
Weed Smoker Unite

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Jul 15, 2010
JonesBurrow wrote:
Nothing but more hype and I mean more. Nothing but a ghetto with a paint job
Yeah guess the ghetto shour just stay ghetto! right!
Weed Smoker Unite

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Jul 15, 2010
Girb wrote:
So legalize weed and then educate people on what? how to use it responsibly right! just like alcohol or cigarette!
The Truth

Torrance, CA

#17 Jul 15, 2010
If you close your eyes and click your heels about 3 times, the same thing can happen in YOUR city!!!!
Weed Smoker Unite

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Jul 15, 2010
WTF Please wrote:
Next they will claim to be a welfare free city and a gangster free city! Absolutely laughable.
Why is that laughable? Then what's your solution! Please, smoking weed will not solve the problem either! Wellfare and gang issue are connected with drug addiction and drug abuse! Maybe your right, we should try to make all our city Welfare and Gang Free! Come on lets do something about it!
Weed Smoker Unite

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Jul 15, 2010
joe pinoy wrote:
And you proud of it?
Weed Smoker Unite

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Jul 15, 2010
whatever wrote:
Are they going to close the liquor stores and pharmacies too?
Why? What for? Is there a need to?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Del Amo Fashion Center owners announce $200M up... (Aug '10) Oct 15 SMR 134
ASK THE LAWYER: Lawyers can be certified as spe... (Jun '09) Oct 13 maryjaneprincton 3
South Bay hospitals work to reduce emergency ro... Oct 5 Kate Smith 1
Do you approve of Pat Furey as Council Member? Sep 28 Frank Scotto 1
Do you approve of FRANK SCOTTO as Mayor? Sep 28 Pat Furey 1
Father, son had sought new life (Jul '08) Sep 21 eff outta here 224
An era closes for Schullers and their congregants (Jun '12) Sep '14 R Schuller 3

Torrance News Video

Torrance Dating
Find my Match

Torrance Jobs

Torrance People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Torrance News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Torrance

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]