Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
28,921 - 28,940 of 49,534 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
Left Illionis

Romeoville, IL

#33545 May 25, 2012
Angels have you ever considered taking a basic class in English grammar geeeez.
Angels wrote:
And you're calling me an idiot. Okaaaay. You have alot of learning to do. There is a difference between a smart-mouth and defending my right as a human being and speaking my mind. And i'm sure we all know who I am speaking to it is pretty self-explanatory. The big deal here is you are either gay or don't believe in God if you have a problem with me..apparently you have gone out of your way to let me know that you don't like me. Good because if I tried to please everyone I would be a very confused individual. Luckily- it is still perfectly legal to state the fact that I love the lord my God and his son Jesus christ. There was absolutly no reason to be slandered, but since you are an atheist that us your right. Honestly, if I didn't have any morals you would not like me even more. I just don't sit back and let people call names. This is not a popularity contest. So I couldn't care less about what you think of me.
Pelosi

Romeoville, IL

#33547 May 25, 2012
You cannot go through life fat, dumb and stupid.
Angels wrote:
Dancing with nuts what is that a knock-off from the weeble when he runs out of words and reason.
Angels

United States

#33548 May 25, 2012
bet he isn't actually preaching anything with beliefs any far-out churches with voo-doo . Come on now weeble nut. You have some answering to do. But don't bother even talking at me. I don't even want to read your phoney hocus pocus crap. Nowonder you must have known it was getting hot in the kitchen...or around your fake collar. Dude is from canada ...nice. Keep the poser up there. 2 funnnyy. God help him.
LKJ

Romeoville, IL

#33549 May 25, 2012
Know one is calling you an idiot you have managed to create that image your self.
Angels wrote:
And you're calling me an idiot. Okaaaay. You have alot of learning to do. There is a difference between a smart-mouth and defending my right as a human being and speaking my mind. And i'm sure we all know who I am speaking to it is pretty self-explanatory. The big deal here is you are either gay or don't believe in God if you have a problem with me..apparently you have gone out of your way to let me know that you don't like me. Good because if I tried to please everyone I would be a very confused individual. Luckily- it is still perfectly legal to state the fact that I love the lord my God and his son Jesus christ. There was absolutly no reason to be slandered, but since you are an atheist that us your right. Honestly, if I didn't have any morals you would not like me even more. I just don't sit back and let people call names. This is not a popularity contest. So I couldn't care less about what you think of me.
Angels

United States

#33552 May 25, 2012
Dances with nuts wrote:
<quoted text>well let me enlighten you I'm not a atheist just don't like. Loudmouth so called christion coming on here talking crap you think your god and clearley your not if I was you I would hit the alter and repent because of the way you come on here talking stupid.when people gave advice to you you talked like you were god
like I am God. I didn't know I was sooo extra-ordinary. Thank you but no thank you by no means could I , or anyone else I know compare to God. I knew exactly what I was doing. and I am so happy to know that all of these people being slammed for stating there love for Jesus Christ. so I came on in with my smart big mouth and stood some ground for my own belief . Also for the ones that just peep around like a mouse and get bullied. No shame in my game. Christ Is KinG!
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#33554 May 25, 2012
Angels wrote:
<quoted text>like I am God. I didn't know I was sooo extra-ordinary. Thank you but no thank you by no means could I , or anyone else I know compare to God. I knew exactly what I was doing. and I am so happy to know that all of these people being slammed for stating there love for Jesus Christ. so I came on in with my smart big mouth and stood some ground for my own belief . Also for the ones that just peep around like a mouse and get bullied. No shame in my game. Christ Is KinG!
I don't believe it is peeping around like a mouse. When people tell you no, I don't want to hear you or I don't believe. You wipe your feet, and move on. These people know how I believe, they know I don't agree with their lifestyle. We have discussions, sometimes it is better to be a friend to someone than to turn them away. Sometimes we can learn from each other from our own mistakes. I stay on here to find out what is going on, and if I can lend a helping hand to someone, I will. I also stay on here to help others so they won't be shell shocked as you were at the end of this eve. Sometimes it is wise to be quiet until you are needed. You don't have to come on here screaming, to get things across. I have learned the hard way too, I have been watching this thread for almost two years. Now you got a little education on some things. That is why I stick around to find out what is going on. You just got to cut through the crap to get there.There is no shame in having a little wisdom, when people don't want your religion, you gotta let it go. Freewill is what it is all about. Have a blessed night, and God bless and they all know that I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.:)
LKJ

Romeoville, IL

#33555 May 26, 2012
You are a moron let me help. "I have to assume he is not lecturing" are you at least capable of constructing a complete thought.
Angels wrote:
bet he isn't actually preaching anything with beliefs any far-out churches with voo-doo . Come on now weeble nut. You have some answering to do. But don't bother even talking at me. I don't even want to read your phoney hocus pocus crap. Nowonder you must have known it was getting hot in the kitchen...or around your fake collar. Dude is from canada ...nice. Keep the poser up there. 2 funnnyy. God help him.
Angels

United States

#33556 May 26, 2012
I just read a whole lot of previous non-sense. No wonder thee whole thread boils down to one christain, one pretend preacher, and a few jacks left standing. Absolutely useless to even waist time here. It is literally so sad how this town acts. Knowledge you are the only one here with any common-sense at all. Everyone else just hangs out to pick apart words that aee written and slander God's people. I am not the only christian in defense for Jesus Christ..that is very comforting. I was wondering where all the real people were. They realized they were dealing with a lost cause.

“Free your mind”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#33557 May 26, 2012
Angels wrote:
<quoted text>like I am God. I didn't know I was sooo extra-ordinary. Thank you but no thank you by no means could I , or anyone else I know compare to God. I knew exactly what I was doing. and I am so happy to know that all of these people being slammed for stating there love for Jesus Christ. so I came on in with my smart big mouth and stood some ground for my own belief . Also for the ones that just peep around like a mouse and get bullied. No shame in my game. Christ Is KinG!
Proverbs 16:5
Everyone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the Lord; be assured, he will not go unpunished.

Proverbs 11:2
When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with the humble is wisdom.

James 4:6
But he gives more grace. Therefore it says,“God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”

Philippians 2:3
Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

Romans 12:16
Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight.

1 Timothy 6:4
He is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions,

Proverbs 11:12
Whoever belittles his neighbor lacks sense, but a man of understanding remains silent.

Proverbs 21:24
“Scoffer” is the name of the arrogant, haughty man who acts with arrogant pride.

“Your religion is NOT in charge”

Since: Nov 11

Columbus

#33558 May 26, 2012
Angels wrote:
I just read a whole lot of previous non-sense. No wonder thee whole thread boils down to one christain, one pretend preacher, and a few jacks left standing. Absolutely useless to even waist time here. It is literally so sad how this town acts. Knowledge you are the only one here with any common-sense at all. Everyone else just hangs out to pick apart words that aee written and slander God's people. I am not the only christian in defense for Jesus Christ..that is very comforting. I was wondering where all the real people were. They realized they were dealing with a lost cause.
"Picking apart" comes from both sides... that's what we do here... we don't come here to simply agree with each other.

"Slander" implies a lie. My position is that your religion is not in charge and does not get to make all the rules.

I do not attack your Jesus... for that matter, those who want same sex marriage recognized don't either. How they define their relationship has zero affect on your life, your Jesus, or your religion.

Gays and gay rights supporters are real people too, and as far as we're concerned, you're the lost cause.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#33560 May 26, 2012
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
There's where you're mistaken. I don't lump all xtians together outside of the fact that I think they all believe in something that has absolutely no truth in it, according to all evidence outside of the Bible.
I state my atheism up front, hence the screen name. If xtians find that offensive, that's on them. It's petty.
I get offended by proselytizers who preach that they are followers of the christ teachings, yet fail to meet even the most basic standards of what they profess. Your religion is full of hypocrites and proselytizers. So stop pretending that I am victimizing you. You all do it to yourselves through your actions.
BTW, you're joke was childish and not funny.
You are a complete ass wipe. Radicals like you and the other radical religion haters are no better than the KKK, Nazis,Black panthers and so on. Your quite a pathetic soul you have a disease your heart is full of hate. You can't stand for someone to think different than you are intolerant of this. Which intolerance breeds hate you and all your wack job buddies on this blog have the disease of hate. People like you is why this world is so screwed up Stop trying to blame other people for your own misery .

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#33561 May 26, 2012
Angels wrote:
God made each and everyone of us for a purpose.. There are times in my life that will not be forgotten. Some of these things have sat upon my heart and played a musicbox of everlasting memories. There are nightmares that have tramatized my mind to a level of caution, like a violent storm that could never end. she daydreams of a place so magnificant that the imagination soars into infinity and upon arrival back into reality...her soul is astounded at the extent of adventure and then her unchanged existence.
You must be on some awesome drugs...
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#33563 May 26, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be on some awesome drugs...
lol.

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#33564 May 26, 2012
robot chicken wrote:
<quoted text>You are a complete ass wipe. Radicals like you and the other radical religion haters are no better than the KKK, Nazis,Black panthers and so on. Your quite a pathetic soul you have a disease your heart is full of hate. You can't stand for someone to think different than you are intolerant of this. Which intolerance breeds hate you and all your wack job buddies on this blog have the disease of hate. People like you is why this world is so screwed up Stop trying to blame other people for your own misery .
Projection.

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#33565 May 26, 2012
robot chicken wrote:
<quoted text>You are a complete ass wipe. Radicals like you and the other radical religion haters are no better than the KKK, Nazis,Black panthers and so on. Your quite a pathetic soul you have a disease your heart is full of hate..
Having an opinion doesn't make me a radical. Calling me one just makes you look nuts.

People hate your religions because of how you act, not because of your voodoo beliefs. You preach one thing and do another. Is that so hard to understand?

BTW, leading your posts with ad hominem attacks makes you look petty and pathetic.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#33566 May 26, 2012
Angels wrote:
You would have to be more than ordained if you are going to sit back at a dusty old computer and assume some far out things about people you cannot even see. And all of a sudden you are so aggeavated with someone who loves the Father, son and holy spirit. I must say you are one very closed mindes weeble. There has been absolutly no attacks coming from this end..so check yourself "minister" you don't like people that speak their mind (without name calling) then you shoyldn't venture all the way out into the public forum.
is asking you a simple question a personal attack? my goodness.
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#33568 May 26, 2012
Angels wrote:
This thread is on a town, site yes, but it goes out all over. There are people on here from different states, and different countries. The net reaches all over the world. Sounds like you and I are from the same township area.LOL Anyway, I didn't want you to think everyone was from our small township. You have to remember, there is never a lost cause, for any human being, we all wear the same suits, just different ideas. The "real people" are on here, you see, churches are meant for the lost, not for the found. When one sheep strays you go after it and leave the 99, right ? Sometimes all a person needs is a kind word, to help them through a day. Not all people are bad, what is wrong is people don't stand up to for other people. No one with their race or color , or belief should be thrown aside. No one should be treated like a piece of crap, because they don't believe the way you do. Love is the greatest gift of all, to show it you have to give it. If this site throws you off, you need to be made out of stronger stuff. Arguing with others and getting mad will not prove anything, stick around, and be there if needed. You might be surprised on how much you will learn. Christian people come on here all the time and have good intensions thinking are going to change the world. When they get bounced around they get mad and run. What would have happened if Jesus and the disciples would have gave up on people. Our world can be a better place if we all tried to get along, and prove it by out actions. We don't have to agree with people, but they have a right to do as they will, as we do. Freewill.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#33569 May 26, 2012
http://www.bing.com/videos/search...
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
is asking you a simple question a personal attack? my goodness.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#33570 May 26, 2012
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
Having an opinion doesn't make me a radical. Calling me one just makes you look nuts.
People hate your religions because of how you act, not because of your voodoo beliefs. You preach one thing and do another. Is that so hard to understand?
BTW, leading your posts with ad hominem attacks makes you look petty and pathetic.
Get help
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#33571 May 26, 2012
TXgurl wrote:
<quoted text>
Proverbs 16:5
Everyone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the Lord; be assured, he will not go unpunished.
Proverbs 11:2
When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with the humble is wisdom.
James 4:6
But he gives more grace. Therefore it says,“God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”
Philippians 2:3
Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.
Romans 12:16
Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight.
1 Timothy 6:4
He is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions,
Proverbs 11:12
Whoever belittles his neighbor lacks sense, but a man of understanding remains silent.
Proverbs 21:24
“Scoffer” is the name of the arrogant, haughty man who acts with arrogant pride.
You do read your Bible, I am impressed.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tinley Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's your sexual fantasy? 17 min Tommyboi14 1
Chicago Ridge Village Board 2015 1 hr Big Fan 45
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 3 hr newpoly 1,910
Bremen 228 Launches Facebook page 4 hr D Marquez 2
Moving to Homewood, advice? (Jun '13) 6 hr yayaya 14
B.I.P.D. needs leadership now 8 hr Level the Field 17
Hog Wild Restaurant 10 hr WOWED 37
•••
•••
•••