Citation filed in crash that killed Thomasville-area motorcyclist

Full story: York Dispatch

Police have cited a Bucks County man for his role in an August crash that killed a Thomasville-area motorcyclist in Cumberland County.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
john doe 000069

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 3, 2010
 
I would fight the BS charges. The moron that was riding the motorcycle wasn't even legal. He didn't have a license or a inspection on his bike.
Mee

Dover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 3, 2010
 
legal or not, it shouldn't be a death sentance.
If that was your child john doe 000069 you'd be crying a different toon.
TOON SENTANCE

Jersey Shore, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 3, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Mee wrote:
legal or not, it shouldn't be a death sentance.
If that was your child john doe 000069 you'd be crying a different toon.
Child, age 28, wow! When one acts like an idiot, many times, nasty things happen to them.
And the person driving with an unsecured load should also be hung. And since we are in the hangin' mood, how about we 'string up' Johnny Doe 0000000000000000000069 for ANOTHER one of his most stupid remarks!
Jane Doe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 3, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Did it ever occur to you that maybe there was a malfunction with the load and it was secure. I don't think he went out that day with a truck full of furniture and deliberately intended to kill someone. The sad thing is that two young lives were changed completely that day. One lost his life and the other has to live with the tragic accident. Yes, I am sure that is what it was, a tragic accident. But in realty, the motorcycle driver was actually more reckless. He knowingly drove a vehicle he did not have a license to drive and was apparently speeding. Im sure there were other vehicle who were able to avoid the furniture.
Get serious

Jersey Shore, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 3, 2010
 

Judged:

1

While riding a cycle, it is very easy to avoid a sofa which is flying in mid-air.'Malfunction with the load'; that's what I told her also, but still had to marry her. You people amaze me!
Harry James

Downingtown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 4, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Elizabeth Evans , The very young Mr. Stevens is dead. The even younger Mr. Hamill will be haunted the rest of his life, as he was partly responsible. Both of their families are suffering now and for a long time to come.
You and the Police are more irresponsible then Mr. Hamill or Mr. Stevens in your reporting of careless driving by the Motorcyclist.( also by several witnesses)
He was not wearing a helmit ? I think that is an individuals right in Penna.
But you can Bash the motorcyclist some more by you and the police reporting he did not have a valid MC license.
Oh yea, lets not forget that the Bike did not have a valid Inspection sticker . And a mechanic who examined the twisted wrecked bike (according to Police) said "it would not have passed inspection".
Why not finish your story with "Stevens ask for it"
I will pray for the families of this tragity. Including you and the "Upper Allen Twp. Police"
perry mason

Avalon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 4, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

TOON SENTANCE wrote:
<quoted text>
Child, age 28, wow! When one acts like an idiot, many times, nasty things happen to them.
And the person driving with an unsecured load should also be hung. And since we are in the hangin' mood, how about we 'string up' Johnny Doe 0000000000000000000069 for ANOTHER one of his most stupid remarks!
Toon,
Maybe you should should get all the facts of the accident before you make a wrongful judgment on the driver of the truck. Obviously you are a very uneducated person(so allow me to educate you.) The motorcycle driver did not have a licence, the bike wasn't registered or inspected and he was under the influence of drugs and alcohol. He also did not have a helmet and was speeding and all the other drivers on the highway were able to avoid an accident. Now out on your thinking cap and look at the facts. My prayers are with the motorcycle driver and his family and the driver of the truck.
perry mason

Avalon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 4, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Elizabeth Evans, what kind of reporter are you? Maybe you should get all the facts before you post a story. Did you ever think about a getting a job with the National Enquire?
Poor Reporting Again

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 4, 2010
 

Judged:

1

The Patriot News is reporting that the deceased had multiple controlled substances in his blood at the time of the crash.

"Upper Allen Township Police say that the York County man who was killed in a crash on U.S. Route 15 on Aug. 21 was unlicensed, not wearing a helmet and had several detectable controlled substances in his blood."

Read the rest of the article here:
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/20...
Toon

Jersey Shore, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 4, 2010
 

Judged:

1

perry mason wrote:
<quoted text>
Toon,
Maybe you should should get all the facts of the accident before you make a wrongful judgment on the driver of the truck. Obviously you are a very uneducated person(so allow me to educate you.) The motorcycle driver did not have a licence, the bike wasn't registered or inspected and he was under the influence of drugs and alcohol. He also did not have a helmet and was speeding and all the other drivers on the highway were able to avoid an accident. Now out on your thinking cap and look at the facts. My prayers are with the motorcycle driver and his family and the driver of the truck.
Me uneducated, got any mirrors in your dump? I was being facetious on the last portion of my post on 'unsecured load'. Regardless of whether 50 vehicles avoided the sofa, if one person hits it, and regardless of other violations concerning the bike and/or rider, the driver of the truck will still pay dearly, mentally and financially! Hear this story out and see what the financial gains will be for a smart attorney and the cycle riders family. Me uneducated! You don't get around much do you?
no name philadelphia

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 4, 2010
 
From what I understand, he did not even hit the couch.
Where did you get your information check with the Upper Allen Police as to what he hit.
Toon wrote:
<quoted text>
Me uneducated, got any mirrors in your dump? I was being facetious on the last portion of my post on 'unsecured load'. Regardless of whether 50 vehicles avoided the sofa, if one person hits it, and regardless of other violations concerning the bike and/or rider, the driver of the truck will still pay dearly, mentally and financially! Hear this story out and see what the financial gains will be for a smart attorney and the cycle riders family. Me uneducated! You don't get around much do you?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Thomasville Discussions

Search the Thomasville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 28 min Fu Man Achuu 51,267
Potholes to be patched throughout York County t... (Feb '11) Mar 20 John riedel 3
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Mar '14 MaZzie 3,507
Dover church to host vigil after teacher charge... Mar '14 Tyler 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Dover, PA (Aug '10) Feb '14 Matt Leary 25
Attorney: Woman denies stealing from Altland House Jan '14 Anonymous 2
West York Police officers save man's life Jan '14 Bill the EMT 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Thomasville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Thomasville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••