created by: Top Mod2 | Sep 13, 2010

New York

3,595 votes

New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote?

Click on an option to vote

  • Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain below)

Comments (Page 371)

Showing posts 7,401 - 7,420 of16,767
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
really

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8590
Aug 23, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
No, what stops you from seeing others' points are your surgically-attached partisan ideological goggles, and the fact that you live in a comfy little partisan ideological echo chamber with your eyes clenched and fingers in your ears, like an annoying small child.
Your spew has been 100% fact-free to date.
So which presidential candidate is it that you're referring to that you fear so much as to prefer the epic failures and proven incompetence of the Obama Administration?
Your "quoted" strawmen certainly bear no resemblence to any presidential candidate I see or hear actively campaigning - just who is it you're talking about?
Please post the verifiable source for your quotation "Sometimes rape is really just women who secretly want it," and identify the Presidential candidate you claim has stated this is his/her position.
Back it up, or stand revealed - once again - as the lying partisan hack you are.
<quoted text>
Please post the verifiable source for this quotation and identify the Presidential candidate you claim has stated this to be their position.
<quoted text>
Leaving aside the unarguable fact that corporate persons ARE recognized as legal persons having certain Constitutional rights under US Law and always have been since the founding of the Republic, please post the verifiable source for this quotation and identify the Presidential candidate you claim has made this statement.
<quoted text>
Please post the verifiable source for this quotation and identify the Presidential candidate you claim has stated this to be their position.
<quoted text>
Please post the verifiable source for this quotation and identify the Presidential candidate you claim has said it.
<quoted text>
Please post the verifiable source for this quotation and identify the Presidential candidate you claim has demanded Obama's "birth certificate, and his college records, and his high school records."
<quoted text>
Yes - you have clearly shown you have an unbounded capacity for generating 100% fact-free partisan billsh!t.
It's a safe assumption your eyes are brown, you're so full of it.
Already posted on ryan's rape stance

Corporations have not been deemed people since the founding of the republic. That is ludicrous. They were only deemed to have full rights since SCOTUS stated so in citizens united, and its been haywire since then.

"Im not concerned about the very poor theres a safety net" http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
if you have a problem with paraphrasing...get off a forum lol

you want me to pull up every birther, i would do that but it would take forever, then you would state "Oh well Romney didn't say that" , then i would point out that around 67% of his advisors are birthers, then you say but not him, then i would point out all the republicans campaigning for him, then you would say but not him...you want to twist...have fun trying.
Teddy R

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8591
Aug 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text>Never too late.
Take it off line and repay the money they took out of it with int at market rate to start. then put the " tax" [ fica] rate back to where it was.
And make it against the law for the gov. to raid it again.
any investment the S.S. system puts money into should be insured and give the fund a market rate of return.[ not some 1% fed bond thing ]
There are a lot of things that could be done to save it.
Have a nice day
You are entirely correct, Sir.

But I would take the additional obvious step of taking the program out of the federal government's hands altogether. Leaving it with them is like leaving a proven recidivist drunk access to the car keys. They WILL crash it again. They cannot help themselves. It is IMPOSSIBLE to "make it against the law for the gov. to raid it again," because the Congress you're counting on to "make it against the law ... " are the same irresponsible deadbeats who are going to raid it! That's putting the fox in charge of the henhouse.

Let's not be that stupid AGAIN. Enough is enough - and 70 years of experience with the permanent professional political class in Washington should be more than enough to tell these fraudsters "you're FIRED" as far as being responsible custodians of the Nation's retirement security is concerned.

Friedman's paper here - http://www.socialsecurity.org/pubs/articles/b...

... is just as valid now as it was in 1999.

If only his advice had been followed then.

But as you say - it is not too late now.
Teddy R

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8592
Aug 23, 2012
 
Really wrote:
...how bout them tax returns. Mitt romney claims he never cheated on his taxes and we should trust him. In his bid for governor he was asked if he filled for residence in ma or utah. He said trust him it was ma. After that election it was revealed that he lied and it was utah making him inellegable to run.....but its ok....he says trust him now...hes totally telling the truth about his tax returns now...
Why are you calling your Messiah's IRS incompetent? He's having a hard enough time maintaining the illusion of competence in the face of his epic failures as it is without you calling you own guy out on his incompetence at collecting every nickel of taxes legally due from rich guys.

You're just making him look an even bigger incompetent failure here.

Sheeeesh.
really

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8593
Aug 23, 2012
 
its ok NEW DEVELOPMENTS, we may know more soon :)

http://gawker.com/5936394/
shameless-li

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8594
Aug 23, 2012
 
really wrote:
its ok NEW DEVELOPMENTS, we may know more soon :)
http://gawker.com/5936394/
interesting reading, but check out the other news about the war in texas (bush's hometown):
http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/23/us/texas-judge-...

can't make this stuff up...
Ed Sr

Pacific, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8595
Aug 23, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Mitt Romney’s Abortion Business Made Him $50M

Mitt Romney’s business record is his chief qualification to be President, he says. Did you know that Mitt Romney’s business was the abortion business, from which he made $50 Million burning aborted fetuses through his company Stericycle?

When Mitt Romney was sworn in as Governor of Massachusetts on Jan. 2, 2003 he was Pro Choice. Mitt Romney was so pro choice that he was in the abortion business. Did Mitt Romney campaign when he ran for Governor that his chief qualification to be Governor of Massachusetts was that he was the owner of the largest aborted fetus incineration company in the United States of America? Mitt Romney’s Romneycare, the blueprint for Obamacare provided tax payer funding for abortions, which Obamacare does not. Mitt Romney introduced Romneycare to get the taxpayers to pay him personally as the owner of Stericylce to burn aborted fetuses.

Continue reading at NowPublic.com : Mitt Romney’s Abortion Business Made Him $50M | NowPublic News Coverage http://www.nowpublic.com/health/mitt-romney-s...

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8596
Aug 23, 2012
 
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly agree the program has to be changed going forward - but I have posted NO "proposed solution," so I must presume you're hallucinating partisan strawmen again.
I don't want to be guilty of the same - so perhaps you might confirm that your post here in NO WAY excuses or supports the idea that it's OK for the same Washington Progressive Democrats who have ripped off 3 generations of Americans with their promises on SSI to now get away with reneging on the contract they have with Americans who have dutifully paid into the SSI system for decades by walking away from their obligation to see that every one of these people GETS THE FULL AMOUNT OF THE SSI RETIREMENT BENEFITS THEY'VE EARNED, right?
Surely your superior "morals" would not allow you to endorse such Bernie Madoff-like behavior by Washington Progressive Democrats who should now be held accountable to deliver on what they promised Americans, right?
I await your confirming response.
3 GENERATIONS of Progressive Dems. ripping off the american people?
May I remind you that over the last 50 years that 29 of those years we had a Rep. Pres.
and from 1962 the dems controled the Sen. 30 years and House 36 years.
the Rep.s controlled the Sen for 20 years and House for 14 years and for 12 years the Rep. had complete control. Pres, House, Sen all of it.[ 1995 - 2007]
So it isn't all the " Progressive Dems " that were ripping off the American people the Republicans were in there too.
Have a nice day
Ho Chi Min Obama

Hot Springs Village, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8597
Aug 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ed Sr wrote:
Mitt Romney’s Abortion Business Made Him $50M
Mitt Romney’s business record is his chief qualification to be President, he says. Did you know that Mitt Romney’s business was the abortion business, from which he made $50 Million burning aborted fetuses through his company Stericycle?
When Mitt Romney was sworn in as Governor of Massachusetts on Jan. 2, 2003 he was Pro Choice. Mitt Romney was so pro choice that he was in the abortion business. Did Mitt Romney campaign when he ran for Governor that his chief qualification to be Governor of Massachusetts was that he was the owner of the largest aborted fetus incineration company in the United States of America? Mitt Romney’s Romneycare, the blueprint for Obamacare provided tax payer funding for abortions, which Obamacare does not. Mitt Romney introduced Romneycare to get the taxpayers to pay him personally as the owner of Stericylce to burn aborted fetuses.
Continue reading at NowPublic.com : Mitt Romney’s Abortion Business Made Him $50M | NowPublic News Coverage http://www.nowpublic.com/health/mitt-romney-s...
Great that means he's a good business man...that's exactly what we need in office today.
democrat

Ithaca, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8598
Aug 23, 2012
 
Teddy,I agree with you on ss,but remember Al Gore said he would put it in a lock box and not touch,and he was roundly castigated for it by bush,cheney and all the republicans.Taking your idea further,to which i am agreeing.How would you insure it doesn't get touched by outside forces?Because after the wall street bank disaster,I don't want those clowns handling my retirement money.
Obama is a failure

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8599
Aug 23, 2012
 
Romney doesn't control all the businsses his company bought you ignorant liberal asshole.

Obama can't be attacked for his business record because Barack Hussein Obama has no business record.

How about some real news and not some bullshit silly distarction shit from MSNBC and their ignorant Democrat lemming followers.

http://news.yahoo.com/stocks-open-lower-joble...

The Labor Department said the number of people seeking unemployment assistance rose by 4,000
last week to 372,000. Economists said that could be a sign that August job growth will be
slower than it was in July.

Yes leftist media.
The economy is roaring, booming.
Obama has saved us.
Exactly how stupid do you think we are? I don't think whoever wrote this has any clue of what
he is talking about.

The stock market went up to 13000 not because of economic recovery, not because of job growth (there is no job growth by the way) and not because of good prospects.
It went up because of massive money printing, near zero interest rates and safe haven from a plunging dollar. THAT'S WHY.

Bernanke and Obama should be put to trial and be thrown into prison with what they did to our
currency.Dow Symbol right above headline, down 115.
Obama is a failure

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8600
Aug 23, 2012
 
Same old modly non factual bullshit from tbird, the guy who gave his kid autism. Enough of thsi spam from a welfare and foodstamp collector who relies on governmnet assistnace which also pays for his 33 year old retraded kid he threw in the taxpayer paid group home.

Walter Constantine aka Tbird19482 needs to suck off the government tit. address 27 Klas Ave. West Seneca, NY which i have been to several times with no sight of the drunk or his fat ugly wife. They live in a silver shithouse house with a filthy backyard that has a broken down Jeep that doesn't have legal plates on it and the West Seneca police withh fine/ticket Walter for having that vehicle in his back yard.

Yesterday on all major TV networks at 6:30 PM showed that older men have a high rate of autistic children yet tbird was posting thousands of times all over different webistes that vaccinations cause autism which was false. One day a father will come to that losers house and give him what for. The man is a senile beer bellied pig as posted on the pictures on the right hand side once you first enter the Topix webiste.

Oh really, so we should instead vote for another 4 years of Obama okay let's get him to release the rest of his stock transaction records ala Tony Rezko and Michelle's non existent 300,000 a year hospital job that evaporated once she left for the 08 campaign. Let's see how much higher Obama can bump up the unemployment rates to while he wrecks the country with tax increases and the radical. work of his czars! Sure, what a great choice we have in Obama.
bah

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8601
Aug 23, 2012
 
bah
Teddy R

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8602
Aug 23, 2012
 
really wrote:
<quoted text>
Already posted on ryan's rape stance
Yes, you have - partisan propaganda.

Ryan has spoken clearly - and his stance on rape is identical to Obama's:

“Rape is rape, period. End of story.… There’s no splitting hairs over rape.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-...
Teddy R

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8603
Aug 23, 2012
 
really wrote:
<quoted text>
Corporations have not been deemed people since the founding of the republic. That is ludicrous. They were only deemed to have full rights since SCOTUS stated so in citizens united, and its been haywire since then.
You are quite simply - and unsurprisingly - wrong.

Like most Statists, you proceed from the completely backwards and pernicious notion that Rights - whether those of individuals or individuals acting in free association (i.e. the definition of a corporation) don't exist until and unless they are bestowed by the federal government. Utter crap.

The Bill of Rights that contains the 1st Amendment rights you and your fellow anti-corporate idealogues are so rabid about denying to people who choose to speak freely in association was ratified in 1791.

There were approximately 335 charters issued to business corporations in the United States at about time (end of the 18th century -Scalia, J., concurring in Citizens United v. FEC SCOTUS No. 08–205, January 21, 2010, Pg. 2)

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/09pdf/08...

" ... colleges, towns and cities, religious institutions, and guilds had long been organized as corporations at common law and under the King’s charter, see 1 W. Blackstone, Commentaries on the Laws of England 455–473 (1765); 1 S. Kyd, A Treatise on the Law of Corporations 1–32, 63(1793)(reprinted 2006)" Ibid.

"Both corporations and voluntary associations actively petitioned the Government and expressed their views in newspapers and pamphlets. For example: An antislavery Quaker corporation petitioned the First Congress, distributed pamphlets, and communicated through the press in 1790." Ibid.

"(There is)... no evidence — none whatever — that the First Amendment’s unqualified text was originally understood to exclude such associational speech from its protection." Ibid.

(to be cont'd)
Teddy R

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8604
Aug 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

really wrote:
<quoted text>
Corporations have not been deemed people since the founding of the republic. That is ludicrous. They were only deemed to have full rights since SCOTUS stated so in citizens united, and its been haywire since then.
(continued ...)

"... the dissent (by Stevens, J.) notes that the Court 'did not recognize any First Amendment protections for corporations until the middle part of the 20th century.'... But it did that in Grosjean v. American Press Co., 297 U. S. 233 (1936), a case involving freedom of the press — which the dissent acknowledges did cover corporations from the outset. The relative recency of that first case is unsurprising. All of our First Amendment jurisprudence was slow to develop. We did not consider application of the First Amendment to speech restrictions other than prior restraints until 1919, see Schenck v. United States, 249 U. S. 47 (1919); we did not invalidate a state law on First Amendment grounds until 1931, see Stromberg v. California, 283 U. S. 359 (1931), and a federal law until 1965, see Lamont v. Postmaster General, 381 U. S. 301 (1965)." Ibid.

"Historical evidence relating to the textually similar clause “the freedom of ... the press” also provides no support for the proposition that the First Amendment excludes conduct of artificial legal entities from the scope of its protection. The freedom of “the press”...(in re: their free speech) activities were not stripped of First Amendment protection simply because they were carried out under the banner of an artificial legal entity. And the notion which follows from the dissent’s view, that modern newspapers, since they are incorporated, have free-speech rights only at the sufferance of Congress, boggles the mind." Ibid.

"... the individual person’s right to speak includes the right to speak in association with other individual persons. Surely the dissent does not believe that speech by the ... Democratic Party can be censored because it is not the speech of 'an individual American.' It is the speech of many individual Americans, who have associated in a common cause, giving the leadership of the party the right to speak on their behalf. The association of individuals in a business corporation is no different — or at least it cannot be denied the right to speak on the simplistic ground that it is not 'an individual American.'" Ibid.
Teddy R

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8605
Aug 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

really wrote:
<quoted text>
"Im not concerned about the very poor theres a safety net" http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
if you have a problem with paraphrasing...get off a forum lol
Thanks for posting the first link to the FULL context of Romney's actual statement, even though your lying partisan hack gene STILL wouldn't allow you to quote his quite reasonable position in full here.

So here - let me help you out with that: "Im not concerned about the very poor - there's a safety net, AND IF IT HAS HOLES IN IT, I WILL FIX IT."

As for the second link to lame partisan propaganda, you can shove that up your azz. Worthless to any serious person.

I don't have any problem with paraphrasing. i have a problem with dishonest partisan hacks like you lying.
really wrote:
<quoted text>you want me to pull up every birther, i would do that but it would take forever, then you would state "Oh well Romney didn't say that" , then i would point out that around 67% of his advisors are birthers, then you say but not him, then i would point out all the republicans campaigning for him, then you would say but not him...you want to twist...have fun trying.
No twist - a simple an typical and reprehensible partisan hack lie on your part exposed. You are the first to cry foul when Ayers' radical racist revolutionary words and ideas are ascribed to Obama - but then you turn around and engage in the very same behavior yourself.

Hypocrite.

Romney has never demanded Obama's Columbia U and High School transcripts, as you claimed.
really

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8606
Aug 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you have - partisan propaganda.
Ryan has spoken clearly - and his stance on rape is identical to Obama's:
“Rape is rape, period. End of story.… There’s no splitting hairs over rape.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-...
So theres what a person says, and what a person does. I tend to go with what a person does. A person says they only define rape in one way. A person does put into pass legislation that redefines rape in multiple facets. A person does surround his campaign with the doctor who he used for reference for the bill....actions speak louder than words, especially when words are stated at a time when they're trying to hide what his actions were.

13 years of actions can't be outdone by stating I never did that, don't look at my record, btw i'm proud of my record
really

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8607
Aug 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for posting the first link to the FULL context of Romney's actual statement, even though your lying partisan hack gene STILL wouldn't allow you to quote his quite reasonable position in full here.
So here - let me help you out with that: "Im not concerned about the very poor - there's a safety net, AND IF IT HAS HOLES IN IT, I WILL FIX IT."
As for the second link to lame partisan propaganda, you can shove that up your azz. Worthless to any serious person.
I don't have any problem with paraphrasing. i have a problem with dishonest partisan hacks like you lying.
<quoted text>
No twist - a simple an typical and reprehensible partisan hack lie on your part exposed. You are the first to cry foul when Ayers' radical racist revolutionary words and ideas are ascribed to Obama - but then you turn around and engage in the very same behavior yourself.
Hypocrite.
Romney has never demanded Obama's Columbia U and High School transcripts, as you claimed.
you're right he hasn't...just a vast majority of anyone associated with his policy decisions and his campaign that he approves of has.....your right my mistake....his entire campaign calls for it not him....how sorry i am for my mistake
Teddy R

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8608
Aug 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text> 3 GENERATIONS of Progressive Dems. ripping off the american people?
May I remind you that over the last 50 years that 29 of those years we had a Rep. Pres.
and from 1962 the dems controled the Sen. 30 years and House 36 years.
the Rep.s controlled the Sen for 20 years and House for 14 years and for 12 years the Rep. had complete control. Pres, House, Sen all of it.[ 1995 - 2007]
So it isn't all the " Progressive Dems " that were ripping off the American people the Republicans were in there too.
Have a nice day
Fair cop.

I hereby amend my post to recognize we have had 70 years of Nanny-Statist Progressive spendthrifts OF BOTH MAJOR PARTIES ripping off Americans by turning SSI into the Ponzi scheme we know it as today.

Thanks for correcting me.

Have a nice day yerself!
really

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8609
Aug 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for posting the first link to the FULL context of Romney's actual statement, even though your lying partisan hack gene STILL wouldn't allow you to quote his quite reasonable position in full here.
So here - let me help you out with that: "Im not concerned about the very poor - there's a safety net, AND IF IT HAS HOLES IN IT, I WILL FIX IT."
As for the second link to lame partisan propaganda, you can shove that up your azz. Worthless to any serious person.
I don't have any problem with paraphrasing. i have a problem with dishonest partisan hacks like you lying.
<quoted text>
No twist - a simple an typical and reprehensible partisan hack lie on your part exposed. You are the first to cry foul when Ayers' radical racist revolutionary words and ideas are ascribed to Obama - but then you turn around and engage in the very same behavior yourself.
Hypocrite.
Romney has never demanded Obama's Columbia U and High School transcripts, as you claimed.
oh so you're saying mitt romney believes in the safety nets? man why does he believe in helping moochers. What a scumbag. Letting people have free rides. Stupid liberal.....oh wait....

so he doesn't care about poor, or lets them have free rides. Which is it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,401 - 7,420 of16,767
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Thendara Discussions

Search the Thendara Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Plotmaster 6,343
lady at great american 3 hr GA Shopper 17
Lewis County Fair 4 hr records 93
Boonville mom 5 hr fifa15coins 10
Town employee (Mar '13) 7 hr Facts 54
Tow codes 13 hr Local business owner 5
Tebbs 17 hr rot 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Thendara Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Thendara People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Thendara News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Thendara
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••