Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated May 1, 2014
spaces

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 7, 2013
 
Why does Windstream suck so much? They've had "software" and then "hardware" issues creating "slowness" since just after Christmas. Tech support just shrugs and won't give an estimate or any specifics about what is going on. Anyone know wth is going on?
Fox News Contributor

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 7, 2013
 
I had that same problem. They would never fix it. From 3 pm until 11 pm, like clockwork, it would slow down so much that dial up would have been faster. After about 2 months, I had enough. I canceled (even canceled my land line and am using just cell phone) and switched to cable. I am pulling a steady 5 mb ALL TIME, ANY TIME. It was well worth the switch. After about 2 months, everything seems to be running fine. I hope saying something doesnt effect it. LOL.

Windstream can kiss my foot.
Great Service

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 7, 2013
 
spaces wrote:
Why does Windstream suck so much? They've had "software" and then "hardware" issues creating "slowness" since just after Christmas. Tech support just shrugs and won't give an estimate or any specifics about what is going on. Anyone know wth is going on?
I never have any problems, it's probably a you problem.

Since: Nov 10

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 8, 2013
 
Fox News Contributor wrote:
I had that same problem. They would never fix it. From 3 pm until 11 pm, like clockwork, it would slow down so much that dial up would have been faster. After about 2 months, I had enough. I canceled (even canceled my land line and am using just cell phone) and switched to cable. I am pulling a steady 5 mb ALL TIME, ANY TIME. It was well worth the switch. After about 2 months, everything seems to be running fine. I hope saying something doesnt effect it. LOL.
Windstream can kiss my foot.
We had CableOne for several years. It may be a bit faster but you will be plagued by frequent outages. Switched to Windstream about two years ago and have experienced only one brief outage. I have NetMeter installed and it consistently shows download speeds of 3 Mb +. Plus I save a lot of $$$.
hard wired

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 8, 2013
 
If your not downloading at 10+mbps then you are seriously misled by somebody. you get what you pay for.

Since: Nov 10

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 9, 2013
 
hard wired wrote:
If your not downloading at 10+mbps then you are seriously misled by somebody. you get what you pay for.
ADSL speed is .768 Mbps - 6 Mbps. That's what Windstream advertises and that's what I'm getting/paying for. If I were a 'gamer' or streamed a lot of video I might opt for a faster connection; but I'm not/don't.

Broadband Technology and SpeedsBroadband Technology Download Speed Range Connection
Dial-up Up to 56kbps Phone Line
DSL 768 Kbps - 6 Mbps Phone Line
Satellite 400 Kbps - 2 Mbps Wireless Satellite
3G 50 Kbps - 1.5 Mbps Wireless
Cable Modem 4 Kbps - 25 Mbps Coaxial Cable
WiMax up to 128 Mbps Wireless
FiOS up to 150 Mbps Fiber
LTE up to 1 Gbps for mobile users Wireless

Since: Nov 10

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 9, 2013
 
Plus I have a guaranteed lifetime price of $ 44.95* for internet AND unlimited phone.

* taxes and fees apply (to help pay for those Obamaphones)
YUUUP

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 10, 2013
 
Tom Horn wrote:
<quoted text>
We had CableOne for several years. It may be a bit faster but you will be plagued by frequent outages. Switched to Windstream about two years ago and have experienced only one brief outage. I have NetMeter installed and it consistently shows download speeds of 3 Mb +. Plus I save a lot of $$$.
Plagued by frequent outages? Something must be wrong with your wiring. Mine has gone out maybe twice in 5 years, just for a couple of hours when they were working on lines in my block.
YUUUP

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 10, 2013
 
Cable is the way to go, I had Windstream for two weeks, it was hell getting it turned on, and it was way to slow.

Since: Nov 10

Texarkana, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 10, 2013
 
YUUUP wrote:
Cable is the way to go, I had Windstream for two weeks, it was hell getting it turned on, and it was way to slow.
Could have been, though I doubt it since CableOne was made aware of the issue and made no effort to check the wiring. PS: The riser is in my backyard. They also raised rates all too frequently for this old man. Wishing you continued success with cable.
YUUUP

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Tom Horn wrote:
<quoted text>
Could have been, though I doubt it since CableOne was made aware of the issue and made no effort to check the wiring. PS: The riser is in my backyard. They also raised rates all too frequently for this old man. Wishing you continued success with cable.
Oh well theres the problem, you're old.
Molon Labe

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I've had Cableone and Windstream and for me, Windstream has been much better and a lot cheaper.

Since: Feb 11

Turn around - and bend over.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Windstream doesn't know what its doing with internet service.

Should have stayed in the travel trailer business only.
Want to Help

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 25, 2013
 
I heard Windstream was run by born again christians and they cut service speed to people who download porn
tracy

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 26, 2013
 
me bill keeps getting add-on charging me more and it takes week's to get it off called the 24/7 customer service # closed REALLY
Steve

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 28, 2013
 
What's happening is that windstream bought the service area off another company and has done a huge sales push without upgrading its capacity. Each dslam (the big boxes where your lines converge) Is only feed by a certain throughput speed. They are selling more speed than the boxes can handle which is why during peak hours you will see your speed drop to nothing. They have been aware of the issues for over 2 years now. I hear they are just now starting to run new ethernet feeds to the dslams but Until they upgrade everything to relieve the system you will just have to deal with the poor service.
CableOne Rules yeah man

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 22, 2013
 
Want to Help wrote:
I heard Windstream was run by born again christians and they cut service speed to people who download porn
pfffff I just bwaahahha'ed all over my screen!
unhappy

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 23, 2013
 
Windstream governs the area where I live and I can get no other Internet service. I have tried! How is this legal?
Angry

Middletown, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Apr 30, 2014
 
Windstream telephone service has been horrible I can't understand how everyone in my shopping center who uses Verizon never have a Problem with there phone service, but my phone lines are constantly having issues it's so frustrating, I'm finally switching back to Verizon. I hope my luck changes. I'm tiered of my employees calling me up and telling me that our phone lines are down....As a business owner don't I have enough to worry about?!?!?!?!?!
Farm to Market

Paige, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
May 1, 2014
 
they've had 2-3 trucks over here by my office the last few days where there is an underground room & it looked like they were pumping water out of it most of yesterday.

Across the street is where they're above ground boxes are & they are constantly checking on those, often leaving the doors wide open after they leave.

I have heard the old "We bought an old system that needs extensive upgrading" but that was a long time ago. Windstream wanted to charge me $55. monthly for a dedicated fax line. I think not. Cut the cord, no more landline, no more faxline, its all iPhone with a personal wifi hotspot & no more expensive Windstream BS.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Texarkana Forum right now

Search the Texarkana Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 17 min Batch 37 Pain Is Good 17,096
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 25 min Batch 37 Pain Is Good 21,521
Children in pond find alligator swimming with them 3 hr Get a life 4
Why Do Blacks Act Like Animals (Mar '12) 5 hr NashFlash 243
Obama Worst President Ever 23 hr rillo 8
Walking Dead actress is headed to prison for at... 23 hr rillo 14
Texas-side police conduct neighborhood advisory Sat Bowie 2
•••
•••
•••
Texarkana Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Texarkana Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Texarkana People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Texarkana News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Texarkana
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••