63 votes

Click on an option to vote

Lisa Puccia

Krissy Polimeno

Joe Russell

Flooded

Tewksbury, MA

#1 Apr 1, 2010
School committee members play a vital role in the school system but when it comes to dealing with the teachers union, they fold! We need someone that can stand up for the kids and parents. So far most candidates now fit the old mold, same o, same o, hence nothing will change but I could be wrong. We will see.
Who knows

Tewksbury, MA

#2 Apr 7, 2010
These candidates sound alike, who will be better for education and the kids?
Daisy

Englewood, CO

#3 Apr 7, 2010
Hmmm....Krissy counts signs.....Joe gives Raises and the two of them apear to be partnering in town...and I just hear Lisa has a website som I'm going to check it out and let you know
Sam

Tewksbury, MA

#4 Apr 7, 2010
The real question should be who will do right by the students? Who will stand up to the union?
The school committee may need a new face lift, the chairman needs to go. Who elects him anyway? Isn't he the same lawyer representing businesses against the town in multiple lawsuits?
Tewksbury Citizen

Boston, MA

#5 Apr 7, 2010
FYI....Current chairman O'Neill was appointed (not elected) to finish out Rauseo's term when he resigned. He is NOT running for this election so that is a moot point. Neither is Peterson...hence the two open slots for three hopeful candidates.
Kevin C

Tewksbury, MA

#6 Apr 8, 2010
Who knows wrote:
These candidates sound alike, who will be better for education and the kids?
Are you kidding???? Have you not been reading the papers? I can honestly say that Puccia seems to shine over the other '2'. The other two are talking about how we need to work 'collaboratively' and how we want to save 'sports'. Puccia is talking to substance, and how to get money back into our schools. What don't you get?? Also, two out of the three have websites (look them up). You need to become informed right NOW! We have less than 2 days to decide about these 2x3year terms.

Puccia first, Russell second, Polimeno (let 'w'easel squared vote for her!)
Concerned resident

Cambridge, MA

#7 Apr 9, 2010
As a mom, this race has caught my attention. I got an email to bullet vote for Krissy and I thought she was working with Joe Russell? I understand the Krissy group had ad names without asking people's permission and used unauthorized emails which people are complaining about. What is going on here?
Tewksbury Dad

Malden, MA

#8 Apr 9, 2010
I can't wait for this to be over!!!

1. Polimeno
2. Russell
Bruce

Tewksbury, MA

#9 Apr 9, 2010
Tewksbury Dad wrote:
I can't wait for this to be over!!!
1. Polimeno
2. Russell
1. Inadequate
2. Useless
Interesting

Watertown, MA

#10 Apr 9, 2010
There were no names on ads without signatures. The problem became that one of the candidates got mad at her supporter for signing on to Krissy's ad in addition to hers. Do we still live in America? Just because I like these two and you like those two does that mean we have to fight? I don't get it. People should use their brains and vote for the two people they think will help the school system the most. It is fairly simple. I choose to vote for two good people.

1. Polimeno
2. Russell

Puccia had my vote but all the negativity has lost me.
Bruce

Tewksbury, MA

#11 Apr 9, 2010
Interesting wrote:
There were no names on ads without signatures. The problem became that one of the candidates got mad at her supporter for signing on to Krissy's ad in addition to hers. Do we still live in America? Just because I like these two and you like those two does that mean we have to fight? I don't get it. People should use their brains and vote for the two people they think will help the school system the most. It is fairly simple. I choose to vote for two good people.
1. Polimeno
2. Russell
I think that 'you' should get your facts straight. I am friends with 'one' of the many people that you are referring to and that person DID NOT sign anything in order to appear on her ads. The 'other' candidate you are referring to,'Puccia', doesn't care who anyone on her campaign supports, as long as we have the right '2' people in those postions getting the job done.

Also, a woman that I work with in the school district just found out yesterday that 'her' name was in her obscene ad yseterday and she NEVER signed anything to be placed on her ad and never even attended her rally. Maybe somone should call the Town Crier and ask them to produce the lists that need to be submitted for ALL of the campaigns in order to verify all the names that 'should have been' on the ads. That might clear all of this up.

It is awful to see these types of things happen only hours away from an election. "Desperate people will do desperate things"
W2 - Weasle squared

Tewksbury, MA

#12 Apr 9, 2010
Interesting wrote:
1. Polimeno
2. Russell
W2....let it go. You are not doing anything more for your candidate, you have probably done TOO much to be honest with you. Nice try though!

You guys should be ashamed of yourself as far as going off on Puccia. The negativity probably comes from all of your 'flip flopping' between Puccia and Russell (who do I pick?). Don't worry....there is a thing called "Karma", and believe me Karma is coming to a School Committe near you!
ed connerty

Dracut, MA

#13 Apr 10, 2010
Attention "Interesting" from "Woburn...get your story straight next time please. I asked Krissy and Jim Wentworth, face to face, to please not put my name on their ads anymore...and now you say it came from Lisa Puccia. It was MY decision, and no one else's to address this with the Polimeno campaign. Why you felt the need to write this, I will never know, but what is more interesting is that you were not brave enough to put your real name or to address it with me personally. Maybe when you come to Tewksbury today to hold signs, but not vote, as you are not a Tewksbury resident...lets talk about it...because we both know who each other are. Have a great day...and go LISA PUCCIA
Harold Place Dad

Tewksbury, MA

#14 Apr 11, 2010
Proof again - dirty politics usually backfires.

The correct candidates were chosen.

A big congrats to Krissy and Joe!!!!

Way to go guys!!!!!!!!
Margaret

Tewksbury, MA

#15 Apr 11, 2010
Harold Place Dad wrote:
Proof again - dirty politics usually backfires.
The correct candidates were chosen.
A big congrats to Krissy and Joe!!!!
Way to go guys!!!!!!!!
Yes Harold they do prevail......the dirtiest candidates did get the positions. You should be VERY PROUD. Let;s see how long it take them both to negotiate us into a BIGGER MESS. I know that Joe will stick his term out, but I give her less than a year. Without people running around for her she's nothing!
Keen Observer

Tewksbury, MA

#16 Apr 11, 2010
Peggy,

That should give your camp another year to make home made signs and decorate another SUV, Ford Mustang, utility trailer, Dump Truck or the tacky loud speakered pickup to line up all along Rt. 38.

There will be at least 1 vacancy next year - maybe Ms. Puccia should tabulate all the grants she has accumulated and put that figure in her literature. The SC does not need a grant writer - only access to one. Keep up the good work!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tewksbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Dracut's Car Connection (Aug '09) Sat ooh right 21
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) Sat Scott Anderson 17,810
Jessica Krutuleski (Oct '12) Oct 15 TheRealBabysMom 27
my wife refuses to get a job! (Aug '09) Oct 15 Entertained 173
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) Oct 14 missy12090 677
Meet up Oct 13 ggg 1
Garage Door Repair Tewksbury Oct 12 shawnemendez 1

Freeze Warning for Middlesex County was issued at October 20 at 4:08AM EDT

Tewksbury News Video

Tewksbury Dating