Channel 10 losing weather guy?!

Posted in the Terre Haute Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Paul

Terre Haute, IN

#1 Oct 4, 2010
I hear channel 10 is losing David Wire. I hate to hear that. He is one of my favorites. Anyone know anything?
Paul

Terre Haute, IN

#2 Oct 4, 2010
and why does my location always show wrong? I have lived on 6th street for 22 years?

“Topix Gunslinger”

Since: Oct 09

Huntingdon, PA

#3 Oct 4, 2010
Paul wrote:
and why does my location always show wrong? I have lived on 6th street for 22 years?
If i was guessing I would say that you have internet through your cable tv?? who has an office in Kenosha. But thats just a guess.

I hope Dave isn't leaving. He's the best weather man on tv.
Rainman

Altoona, PA

#4 Oct 4, 2010
I hope David Wire is not leaving channel 10, but then again, if a better paying job in a bigger market is the reason, can't blame him. If this is true, Channel 10 would be losing their best weatherman that is for sure. Again, if this is true, I wish the best to David Wire and our loss will be another markets' gain. Good luck David Wire and the best of luck to you!
William Dale Matherly

Alexandria, PA

#5 Oct 4, 2010
I hope he does leave get tired of his stupidity. They need to hire another big titted woman to take his place. Hey Dave dont let the door hit your ass on the way out LOSER

“Topix Gunslinger”

Since: Oct 09

Huntingdon, PA

#6 Oct 4, 2010
William Dale Matherly wrote:
I hope he does leave get tired of his stupidity. They need to hire another big titted woman to take his place. Hey Dave dont let the door hit your ass on the way out LOSER
hes not stupid..he reminds me of David Letterman. lol Always a fan of big boobs, but if they do that i hope they find one that can read the weather without sounding like an idiot.
Casey

Fairfield, OH

#7 Oct 5, 2010
Simply the best! Dave Wire is the only one I believe and I would hate to see him go! I hope this is a false rumor!!
Sam

Altoona, PA

#8 Oct 7, 2010
So is this true or what? Is he leaving for sure? Does that mean that Kevin Orpurt will be on the air more giving us useless information and telling us about the weather for three hours over regular programming or showing us a radar EVERY DAY when there has not been rain the last three weeks! WHY do we need to keep seeing the radar every day, show us something useful, we know there is no rain because it has been dry for the last 3 weeks! Give us a break, if Dave leaves, I am switching to the weather experts over at Channel 2!!
Jim

Tyrone, PA

#10 Oct 7, 2010
Who can blame Dave for leaving? Kevin is so bad that it probably drives Dave crazy. Anywhere he goes he will have someone much better to work with. Too bad Kevin didn't learn anything from Dave the past several years.
Dizz

Terre Haute, IN

#11 Oct 8, 2010
Please be true. I may actually be able to watch News 10 in the morning then. Wire has me reaching for the remote each time he comes on. Too much over the top drama and he talks to us like we are all stupid.
Thought

Terre Haute, IN

#12 Oct 8, 2010
The TV10 website has a job posting for a morning and midday weather anchor, so I'm guessing the rumor is true. Unless of course posting the job is just a contract negotiation tactic.

Dave is about the only reason I watch local TV. It would be a shame if they let him get away. They need to retire Kevin and move Dave into the top spot.
roydene

Altoona, PA

#13 Oct 8, 2010
Thought wrote:
The TV10 website has a job posting for a morning and midday weather anchor, so I'm guessing the rumor is true. Unless of course posting the job is just a contract negotiation tactic.
Dave is about the only reason I watch local TV. It would be a shame if they let him get away. They need to retire Kevin and move Dave into the top spot.
Doubt that money or title would have much to do with anyone leaving, or staying---it's all about stepping up to a larger market. If Dave has managed to finally do that---good for him.

All the senior anchors around here are here because---well, this is where they wound up--I'm sure every single one of them viewed their original assignments here as "starter" jobs. A very few actually move up. Like minor league baseball players--most give up after a couple of years of miserably low pay and go out and get a real job. Some hang on to the dream and play in the minors as long as they can---that's what we've got here for our anchors.
ExNewsie

Terre Haute, IN

#14 Oct 8, 2010
roydene wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubt that money or title would have much to do with anyone leaving, or staying---it's all about stepping up to a larger market. If Dave has managed to finally do that---good for him.
All the senior anchors around here are here because---well, this is where they wound up--I'm sure every single one of them viewed their original assignments here as "starter" jobs. A very few actually move up. Like minor league baseball players--most give up after a couple of years of miserably low pay and go out and get a real job. Some hang on to the dream and play in the minors as long as they can---that's what we've got here for our anchors.
You're partially correct. Another thing that happens, especially in the smaller markets, is the anchors and reporters actually settle in to the area and decide to make it their home and stay.
geeez

United States

#15 Oct 8, 2010
Living in terre haute doing weather actualy brazil for channel 2 pays preety good 90k plus. That is not bad!! patrice is over 90k also
hmmm

United States

#16 Oct 8, 2010
I don't know, 90 grand after 20+ years on the job doesn't seem like a great career move to me.
ROCK

Terre Haute, IN

#17 Oct 16, 2010
False, at least as far as Dave Wire is concerned. I know him very well. As far as the ad, he couldn't comment, so evidently someone is leaving. My guess would be Jessica Hayes, the other girl (Pamela), although cute, isn't very good at doing the weather.
Sam

Altoona, PA

#18 Oct 16, 2010
I hope you are right ROCK. Dave puts Channel 10 weather "on the map", sorry about the pun. Anyway, I am glad to hear Dave is going to stay in the Wabash Valley. He does a great job and deserves to be the "weather chief" at that station. Kevin, please retire! Dave needs to be in that spot and he deserves it!
lmao

United States

#19 Oct 18, 2010
Do you remember kevin's weather spotter's he had all over the suronding county's? The one from Rockville was Jack mehoff lol he would put that up on the screen it lasted for months.He done that with a straight face could not believe it!!
DAD

Terre Haute, IN

#20 Oct 19, 2010
The guys was Bill Mehoff. He lived in Marshall, Ind.
FlimFlam

Terre Haute, IN

#21 Oct 25, 2010
I guarantee that Pam or Jessica is not leaving

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Interesting when posts of the truth dissapear?? 6 min Hmmmm 1
People of Terre Haute 42 min truth spoken 60
thleo 1 hr OMG 1
THN "horseplay" 1 hr headinthesand 8
Does any one know any thing about Cody swart, &... 2 hr Sexxxeeebitch 1
Marsha Everard aka"skitz" 3 hr abc 11
teacher salary 3 hr teacher 107
RIP Cheryl Lough 10 hr Sensible 81
Patsy Kelly WTHI . Wed Popo 13

Flood Warning for Vigo County was issued at November 27 at 10:54AM EST

Terre Haute Dating
Find my Match

Terre Haute People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Terre Haute News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Terre Haute

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:26 pm PST

Bleacher Report 7:26PM
Bold Predictions for Colts Week 13 Matchup
NBC Sports 9:17 PM
Week 13 skill-position injury report — Wednesday
NBC Sports11:56 PM
Colts put in extra time to prepare for McCoy - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 3:59 AM
Washington Redskins vs. Indianapolis Colts: Breaking Down Washington's Game Plan
NFL 4:44 AM
Redskins players 'surprised' by RGIII's benching