Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

Judged:

I hear channel 10 is losing David Wire. I hate to hear that. He is one of my favorites. Anyone know anything?
Paul

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

Judged:

and why does my location always show wrong? I have lived on 6th street for 22 years?

“Topix Gunslinger”

Since: Oct 09

Huntingdon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

Judged:

Paul wrote:
and why does my location always show wrong? I have lived on 6th street for 22 years?
If i was guessing I would say that you have internet through your cable tv?? who has an office in Kenosha. But thats just a guess.

I hope Dave isn't leaving. He's the best weather man on tv.
Rainman

Punxsutawney, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

I hope David Wire is not leaving channel 10, but then again, if a better paying job in a bigger market is the reason, can't blame him. If this is true, Channel 10 would be losing their best weatherman that is for sure. Again, if this is true, I wish the best to David Wire and our loss will be another markets' gain. Good luck David Wire and the best of luck to you!
William Dale Matherly

Altoona, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

Judged:

I hope he does leave get tired of his stupidity. They need to hire another big titted woman to take his place. Hey Dave dont let the door hit your ass on the way out LOSER

“Topix Gunslinger”

Since: Oct 09

Huntingdon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

Judged:

William Dale Matherly wrote:
I hope he does leave get tired of his stupidity. They need to hire another big titted woman to take his place. Hey Dave dont let the door hit your ass on the way out LOSER
hes not stupid..he reminds me of David Letterman. lol Always a fan of big boobs, but if they do that i hope they find one that can read the weather without sounding like an idiot.
Casey

Fairfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

Judged:

Simply the best! Dave Wire is the only one I believe and I would hate to see him go! I hope this is a false rumor!!
Sam

Punxsutawney, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

So is this true or what? Is he leaving for sure? Does that mean that Kevin Orpurt will be on the air more giving us useless information and telling us about the weather for three hours over regular programming or showing us a radar EVERY DAY when there has not been rain the last three weeks! WHY do we need to keep seeing the radar every day, show us something useful, we know there is no rain because it has been dry for the last 3 weeks! Give us a break, if Dave leaves, I am switching to the weather experts over at Channel 2!!
Jim

Punxsutawney, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

Who can blame Dave for leaving? Kevin is so bad that it probably drives Dave crazy. Anywhere he goes he will have someone much better to work with. Too bad Kevin didn't learn anything from Dave the past several years.
Dizz

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

Please be true. I may actually be able to watch News 10 in the morning then. Wire has me reaching for the remote each time he comes on. Too much over the top drama and he talks to us like we are all stupid.
Thought

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

Judged:

The TV10 website has a job posting for a morning and midday weather anchor, so I'm guessing the rumor is true. Unless of course posting the job is just a contract negotiation tactic.

Dave is about the only reason I watch local TV. It would be a shame if they let him get away. They need to retire Kevin and move Dave into the top spot.
roydene

Philipsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

Thought wrote:
The TV10 website has a job posting for a morning and midday weather anchor, so I'm guessing the rumor is true. Unless of course posting the job is just a contract negotiation tactic.
Dave is about the only reason I watch local TV. It would be a shame if they let him get away. They need to retire Kevin and move Dave into the top spot.
Doubt that money or title would have much to do with anyone leaving, or staying---it's all about stepping up to a larger market. If Dave has managed to finally do that---good for him.

All the senior anchors around here are here because---well, this is where they wound up--I'm sure every single one of them viewed their original assignments here as "starter" jobs. A very few actually move up. Like minor league baseball players--most give up after a couple of years of miserably low pay and go out and get a real job. Some hang on to the dream and play in the minors as long as they can---that's what we've got here for our anchors.
ExNewsie

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

roydene wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubt that money or title would have much to do with anyone leaving, or staying---it's all about stepping up to a larger market. If Dave has managed to finally do that---good for him.
All the senior anchors around here are here because---well, this is where they wound up--I'm sure every single one of them viewed their original assignments here as "starter" jobs. A very few actually move up. Like minor league baseball players--most give up after a couple of years of miserably low pay and go out and get a real job. Some hang on to the dream and play in the minors as long as they can---that's what we've got here for our anchors.
You're partially correct. Another thing that happens, especially in the smaller markets, is the anchors and reporters actually settle in to the area and decide to make it their home and stay.
geeez

Lena, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

Living in terre haute doing weather actualy brazil for channel 2 pays preety good 90k plus. That is not bad!! patrice is over 90k also
hmmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

I don't know, 90 grand after 20+ years on the job doesn't seem like a great career move to me.
ROCK

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2010

False, at least as far as Dave Wire is concerned. I know him very well. As far as the ad, he couldn't comment, so evidently someone is leaving. My guess would be Jessica Hayes, the other girl (Pamela), although cute, isn't very good at doing the weather.
Sam

Punxsutawney, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2010

Judged:

I hope you are right ROCK. Dave puts Channel 10 weather "on the map", sorry about the pun. Anyway, I am glad to hear Dave is going to stay in the Wabash Valley. He does a great job and deserves to be the "weather chief" at that station. Kevin, please retire! Dave needs to be in that spot and he deserves it!
lmao

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

Judged:

Do you remember kevin's weather spotter's he had all over the suronding county's? The one from Rockville was Jack mehoff lol he would put that up on the screen it lasted for months.He done that with a straight face could not believe it!!
DAD

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

The guys was Bill Mehoff. He lived in Marshall, Ind.
FlimFlam

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2010

I guarantee that Pam or Jessica is not leaving

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Terre Haute Forum right now

Search the Terre Haute Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Tee Pee 45 min Cool Customer 28
Humvee accident 1 hr never learn 37
suggs @hamm 2 hr Truth 29
rachel browning 3 hr smh 20
coach james bell 3 hr your daddy 11
Tiffany Sturm (Jan '14) 4 hr yep 48
40-8 (Nov '13) 4 hr heather 22
Union Hospital 6 hr pomp and circumstance 81
TH North Baseball Job 6 hr who cares 24