Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2010

Judged:

Boycott Goodwill Stores during the holidays..spend your money on other local business, that aren't out to make a buck and cuddling illegals..they continue to mislead the public about where the revenue goes from your donations. 90 % of their "feel good" programs are government funded. Too many fat cats(for a non profit) are lining their pockets from your donations..A good example is the Clearance Center off of 51st and Van Buren...higher prices on non quality items. They haul out junk.

Show Goodwill, they need to lower their outrageous prices for you to continue shopping in their stores. Less customers spending their money in Goodwill stores..means less money they can fraud its usage out of the public.
jenarizonq

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2010

Judged:

I totally agree with big gun. I plan on boycotting Goodwill stores, because of the terrible customer service. I'm going to do my Christmas shopping elsewhere for my family.
azcards

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2010

Judged:

Sounds like a great idea.
boo hoo

Glendale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2010

Judged:

We the public are the only ones to bring Goodwill to their knees. How can Goodwill justify the outrageous salaries that Tim O'neal and the CEO Teter are making. It is the good hearted people who are donating the items who should be thanked.

How about the trips that Goodwill gives to their managers. I understand that some get 4 yearly trips to France, Italy, Germany and other destinations, and they take their families with them Are these the trips that Goodwill was raffeling off to their customers??????

Why is Goodwill opening stores in close proximity to their other stores????? It is only greed from their upper management to fatten their pockets further.

Big Gun

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2010

Judged:

A member of my family works for Goodwill and has told me some really bad things that goes on in that company. Besides misleading the public about where the money goes to from people donating items, the management of Goodwill and the HR dept. treat the employees under them, (the ones only getting basic health care coverage up to $3,000 and lower wages) with such disrespect like they're third class citizens. Meanwhile, management and corporate classified people get full health care coverage plus all the nice perks and wages that are way above average for their positions. Goodwill is full of corrupted people.
boo hoo

Gilbert, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2010

Judged:

Big Gun seems to know alot about Goodwills inappropriate behavior. However, does he know about certain customers that bribe the production team with money and are given first priority to the best items that come into the store? This makes it impossible for fairness to all customers who are hoping to have a chance at these same items.

Goodwill even favors this underhanded practice.

Forget about corporate as they don't care as long as their pockets are lined.
Big Gun

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2010

Judged:

Boycott Goodwill Stores during the holidays..spend your money on other local business
, that aren't out to make a buck and cuddling illegals..they continue to mislead the public about where the revenue goes from your donations. 90 % of their "feel good" programs are government funded. Too many fat cats(for a non profit) are lining their pockets from your donations..A good example is the Clearance Center off of 51st and Van Buren...higher prices on non quality items. They haul out junk.

Show Goodwill, they need to lower their outrageous prices for you to continue shopping in their stores. Less customers spending their money in Goodwill stores..means less money they can fraud its usage out of the public.
nodeal

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2010

Judged:

i've always had bad experiences
boo hoo

Chandler, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2010

Judged:

I decided, for myself, to check out various Goodwill stores again.

I think I went to about five (5) in one day. I found that all of these stores to be filthy. Items were dirty or broken, missing parts, stolen items from empty boxes and worse of all outrageous prices. The stores had very few customers - I over heard one women in a loud voice say - " as usual nothing but junk." I wanted to have a conversation with her, but she hurridly left the store

As Goodwill alleges they hire handicapped people. I did not see handicapped people working at any of these stores. Goodwill's motto is "we put people to work." St.Vincent de Paul and the Salvation Army don't brag. These non-profits at least do something. St.Vincent de Paul does feed the homeless every day in their kitchens at various locations.

Anything little that Goodwill does is funded by the government, and most of the money goes in the pockets of the corporate people.

I did not see anything at these stores that I would spend my money on. I left all emty handed
Big Gun

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2010

Judged:

I think its time to expose good ole people at Goodwill who thinks they are bigger than they are..

Time to start naming names and make it public knowledge.
boo hoo

Gilbert, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Judged:

Big Gun wants to start naming names. Well, lets start from their sordid beginings. Everyone can Google in "Goodwill Romance" and they will read about the 2 CEO lovers. Diane Hanson was the girlfriend of Keith Mason CEO. He made her CEO and he took a lesser position. This story made the front page of the phoenix newspaper. She determined how much salary he would make, etc. even though she had zero knowledge of the business. The two lovers walked off with millions before they were whistle blown. Teter then came into the picture - he also knows nothing about the non-profit business. So who was the whistle blower that was hoping to be the next CEO. None other than the former manager at the Savers stores. I guess we can all come up with Tim O'Neal. A very ruthless person that has a split personality. One for the public and another behind the scenes.

Another sociopath is Vern Dunn who was given the job of retail district manager. As he stated it was because he could care less about any of the customers, and had the authority to do as he pleased with them.

I have a lot more information, but will disclose later.
Big Gun

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Judged:

So, bascally, at Goodwill certain people are left in management even after getting caught stealing from the company. Vern Dunn comes to mind. Just the good ol' boy network going on. If you are scumbag material you will have a long career at Goodwill..certain people in management overcharge vendors and customers to get kickbacks, they share with one another, those that are in on the scam.
Boo Hoo 2

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2011

Judged:

Ask yourself, when the 51st ave Clearance center opened, when did the old clearance center on 16th St burn down? EXACTLY!

Most of the VP's there do not have degrees and make over a one hundred thousand dollars a year. There is a VP her name is Kim Ryder, whom does not know what is she is doing, but is solely there only because she is sleeping with Tim.

You see all the HR People and District Managers at the stores driving nice new cars, company bought, and all have laptops and blackberries... Is that where the money is going?

Expensive Parties
Trips
Restaurants
Raising Salaries
Creating fake positions for the VP's friends

You got more?
BigRed

Englewood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2011

Judged:

boo hoo wrote:
Big Gun seems to know alot about Goodwills inappropriate behavior. However, does he know about certain customers that bribe the production team with money and are given first priority to the best items that come into the store? This makes it impossible for fairness to all customers who are hoping to have a chance at these same items.
Goodwill even favors this underhanded practice.
Forget about corporate as they don't care as long as their pockets are lined.
You are wrong making this statement... I had worked as Production Manager for a Goodwill store for nearly 6yrs. This inappropriate behavior is not accepted or tolerated, and when discovered by Asset Protection headed by Dolen Leveen, That employee or employee`s are quickly Terminated.
boo hoo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2011

Judged:

I believe that BigRed was sound asleep on his or her job. It is a known fact that large sums of money were given to Ryan who works in the back by a misfit who wants to be a strip store operator. It was seen by customers and reported to the store manager by the name of Gary. He did absolutely nothing about it and was transfered to another store. This evidence was on video tape and was refused to be looked at by Gary and loss prevention. This same Gary is the manager who takes trips to various places around the world 4 to 5 times a year.

I have personally seen managers walk off with guitars, golf clubs, laptops and various other expensive items.

If BigRed honestly believes that this unexceptable behavior is not happening he or she is probably sound asleep by now.
BigRed

Englewood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2011

Judged:

BooHoo, WAKE_UP!!! Please reread the sentance,(when discovered!)Working in Production is such a fast pace no one can catch everything... Yes, im sure you have seen these things, you are not the first and wont be the last, and Managers come n go. I have worked with Gary Liss for 4yrs. I have only experienced positive working integrity displayed from Gary. And yes, Gary vacations once a year, for a week in various chosen places... Paid for out of his own pocket..C`mon,You saying thats bad behavior?? Have you ever worked for Goodwill? Have you maybe worked for Gary? Or maybe a outsider trying to look in...
BigRed

Englewood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2011

Judged:

Boo Hoo 2 wrote:
Ask yourself, when the 51st ave Clearance center opened, when did the old clearance center on 16th St burn down? EXACTLY!
Most of the VP's there do not have degrees and make over a one hundred thousand dollars a year. There is a VP her name is Kim Ryder, whom does not know what is she is doing, but is solely there only because she is sleeping with Tim.
You see all the HR People and District Managers at the stores driving nice new cars, company bought, and all have laptops and blackberries... Is that where the money is going?
Expensive Parties
Trips
Restaurants
Raising Salaries
Creating fake positions for the VP's friends
You got more?
And your Statement about Kim Ryder and Tim are fact? You must have been in the room to witness their union.... Are you also employeed by Goodwill, or have been? Please, do tell.
BigRed

Englewood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2011

Judged:

Big Gun wrote:
So, bascally, at Goodwill certain people are left in management even after getting caught stealing from the company. Vern Dunn comes to mind. Just the good ol' boy network going on. If you are scumbag material you will have a long career at Goodwill..certain people in management overcharge vendors and customers to get kickbacks, they share with one another, those that are in on the scam.
It`s obvious, when Vern Dunn comes to your mind it`s not really about stealing from the good guy`s, it`s really about something else... Maybe your leaving out the real piece of your puzzle?
BigRed

Englewood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2011

Judged:

boo hoo wrote:
Big Gun wants to start naming names. Well, lets start from their sordid beginings. Everyone can Google in "Goodwill Romance" and they will read about the 2 CEO lovers. Diane Hanson was the girlfriend of Keith Mason CEO. He made her CEO and he took a lesser position. This story made the front page of the phoenix newspaper. She determined how much salary he would make, etc. even though she had zero knowledge of the business. The two lovers walked off with millions before they were whistle blown. Teter then came into the picture - he also knows nothing about the non-profit business. So who was the whistle blower that was hoping to be the next CEO. None other than the former manager at the Savers stores. I guess we can all come up with Tim O'Neal. A very ruthless person that has a split personality. One for the public and another behind the scenes.
Another sociopath is Vern Dunn who was given the job of retail district manager. As he stated it was because he could care less about any of the customers, and had the authority to do as he pleased with them.
I have a lot more information, but will disclose later.
Are you too, a former employee?
BigRed

Englewood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2011

Judged:

Big Gun wrote:
I think its time to expose good ole people at Goodwill who thinks they are bigger than they are..
Time to start naming names and make it public knowledge.
Big Gun, where you ever terminated by Vern or Tim? Or a member of your family? Do you know of a person that is employeed with Goodwill that is feeding all this information to you? You can`t possibly be employeed with Goodwill? Can you?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of1,045
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tempe Discussions

Search the Tempe Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Double Header of Decadence in Phoenix as Things... 34 min Culture Auditor 1
prostitutes on 27th ave (Jan '10) 1 hr exGMan 44
JOBS: 10 Valley companies hiring now 1 hr exGMan 2
how many nurses have had lost there license bec... (Aug '07) 4 hr CPJ1186 2,085
Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) 8 hr MorninBone 590
2 arrests in 2000 cold case murder (Jul '07) 22 hr Nigel Ciera 12
Do Mexicans make good pets Mon suckerdarapperpaleface 4
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Maricopa County was issued at July 22 at 1:54PM MST

•••
•••
•••
•••

Tempe Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••