of 2
Next Last
Letting you know

Tazewell, TN

#1 Aug 9, 2011
LOL

New Tazewell, TN

#2 Aug 9, 2011
So you can make money on everyone's stuff?
geez

New Tazewell, TN

#4 Aug 12, 2011
NO, YOU make money on YOUR stuff!

You post what you have for sale and people, if they want or need it, buy it.

I have made a few hundred the last few weeks selling my stuff, because I don't want to have a yard sale.
Fact

Tazewell, TN

#5 Aug 13, 2011
You're now supposed to sell on Facebook, it's against their rules
LOL

New Tazewell, TN

#6 Aug 13, 2011
geez wrote:
NO, YOU make money on YOUR stuff!
You post what you have for sale and people, if they want or need it, buy it.
I have made a few hundred the last few weeks selling my stuff, because I don't want to have a yard sale.
I know what the site is SUPPOSSED to be...But people are taking advantage of other people by buying up peoples items at really low prices, then re-selling them! Not a very nice thing to do... especially when some people that can't afford very much could really use those items they are buying just to re-sell! Shame on you people that are doing that!
Another Yard Saler

New Tazewell, TN

#7 Aug 14, 2011
If I think someone really needs something, and you can tell by the way they post and ask for it, I give it away.

I have given away bed, bookshelf, chest, some stuff I just told anybody that wanted it to come get it and sell it themselves.

You can tell when something is overly priced, and I do agree that is sad, but what can ya do, people are greedy.
Fact

New Tazewell, TN

#8 Aug 14, 2011
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what the site is SUPPOSSED to be...But people are taking advantage of other people by buying up peoples items at really low prices, then re-selling them! Not a very nice thing to do... especially when some people that can't afford very much could really use those items they are buying just to re-sell! Shame on you people that are doing that!
What the heck are you talking about? If I buy something from you, at your price then I find a buyer that will pay more what's wrong with that? How did I "Take advantage of you"? I paid the price YOU set.
Fact

New Tazewell, TN

#9 Aug 14, 2011
Another Yard Saler wrote:
If I think someone really needs something, and you can tell by the way they post and ask for it, I give it away.
I have given away bed, bookshelf, chest, some stuff I just told anybody that wanted it to come get it and sell it themselves.
You can tell when something is overly priced, and I do agree that is sad, but what can ya do, people are greedy.
Who's to say what's "Overly Priced"? Some people have more to spend than others. What's wrong with that?
ONTO YOU

Knoxville, TN

#10 Aug 14, 2011
Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
What the heck are you talking about? If I buy something from you, at your price then I find a buyer that will pay more what's wrong with that? How did I "Take advantage of you"? I paid the price YOU set.
NO, you are "Taking advantage of the people that may really need this item at a very cheap price" when you don't have any use at all for the item yourself. You are only buying just to re-sell and make money. You are taking away "good" yardsale items from people that may actually need it!
geez

New Tazewell, TN

#11 Aug 14, 2011
I swear some people would pick a part a gold brick.
Tazewell

Watertown, WI

#12 Aug 14, 2011
geez wrote:
I swear some people would pick a part a gold brick.
It's not gold it's lemon yellow...lol just kidding had to do it. But I agree with you.
Like to know

New Tazewell, TN

#13 Aug 14, 2011
ONTO YOU wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, you are "Taking advantage of the people that may really need this item at a very cheap price" when you don't have any use at all for the item yourself. You are only buying just to re-sell and make money. You are taking away "good" yardsale items from people that may actually need it!
That's right I'm making money to pay my bills and feed my family. I too "Really Need It". What's wrong with that?
ONTO YOU

New Tazewell, TN

#14 Aug 15, 2011
Like to know wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right I'm making money to pay my bills and feed my family. I too "Really Need It". What's wrong with that?
Well, get a job if you need money! You are taking away yardsale items that people need.
Like to know

New Tazewell, TN

#15 Aug 16, 2011
ONTO YOU wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, get a job if you need money! You are taking away yardsale items that people need.
This is my job. So what you're saying is you don't approve of a person trying to support themselves without depending on others?
ONTO YOU

New Tazewell, TN

#16 Aug 16, 2011
Like to know wrote:
<quoted text>
This is my job. So what you're saying is you don't approve of a person trying to support themselves without depending on others?
You know exactly what you are doing and it's wrong. GET A REAL JOB LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!
Like to know

New Tazewell, TN

#17 Aug 16, 2011
ONTO YOU wrote:
<quoted text>
You know exactly what you are doing and it's wrong. GET A REAL JOB LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!
As far as I'm concerned this is a "real Job" and in case you haven't noticed there are NO JOBS. I had a "real job", 21 years at the same company. Then they closed the doors and went out of business taking my retirement with them. Now I'm in my late 50's with no job and no retirement. Yard sale are NOT charity. I bust my butt looking for things I can resell to pay my bills and you can kiss my butt.
4 real

Tazewell, TN

#18 Aug 16, 2011
Like to know wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as I'm concerned this is a "real Job" and in case you haven't noticed there are NO JOBS. I had a "real job", 21 years at the same company. Then they closed the doors and went out of business taking my retirement with them. Now I'm in my late 50's with no job and no retirement. Yard sale are NOT charity. I bust my butt looking for things I can resell to pay my bills and you can kiss my butt.
I agree with you totally! If you have no job and are waiting, you have to do something to live. I hit yard sells or anywhere i can find things cheap enough to resale to make money. Unempolyement sure doesn't pay the bills. Just don't get people these days jealous of everything and everyone that is smarter apparently than they are. Nothing wrong with what you are doing and not taking advantage of anyone. Thats just stupid for anyone to say.

“*giggles*”

Since: Jan 09

Speedwell

#19 Aug 16, 2011
Like to know wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't let anyone get to you.... It is a real job. it is the same as what so called "real jobs" do every day. They buy items cheaper and sell them a lil bit higher.. NOTHING at all wrong with it..

ohhh ever watched Pickers??? lol.. good show....

“*giggles*”

Since: Jan 09

Speedwell

#20 Aug 16, 2011
ONTO YOU wrote:
<quoted text>
It's how everything is ran.. ALL BUSINESS people buy things cheaper than they sell them.. Name a business that doesn't do.
ONTO YOU

New Tazewell, TN

#21 Aug 17, 2011
I'm not arguing with you anymore. You know what you are doing and if you can live with it, doesn't bother me. It's on you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tazewell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 1 hr qwerty 9,479
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 2 hr TheRealZeke 8,648
Guy in red grand am with Nike hat? 9 hr AngelGurl69 1
any passable traps or cd's in taz or near there 17 hr Qeer boy 9
rip william sug parkey 21 hr old friend 1
what do you think about marshal and wanda k... (Mar '09) Tue betterthanthat 16
Courtney Lowe/ kruse Tue its ridiculous 9
Tazewell Dating
Find my Match

Tazewell Jobs

Tazewell People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Tazewell News, Events & Info