First Prev
of 4
Next Last
done it be4

United States

#62 Jun 1, 2010
i have gotten someone 4 slander on here! Its really not all that hard! You just gotta have a damn good lawyer not really expensive either
Plain Truth

United States

#63 Jun 2, 2010
Been talked about on her before, friends have too, been told that someone said you can get a judgement against someone on here and told me "you know better, right?" and it is true, you can, it is VERY EXPENSIVE but if you have the money, I advise it because it is the best revenge...Once they start, cyber stalkers don't stop until you seek action against them. There are attorneys that specialize in Cyber Bullying now. I was stalked on topix for over three years. I live in the Kentucky area but used to live in Sharps Chapel and I won against a couple who were upset over a business deal on lake property. Enough before you figure out who I am, gotta cower behind the keyboard myself, but I don't talk of others because it really is against the law.
boo

Mount Pleasant, TX

#64 Jul 31, 2010
Oh my wrote:
It's funny to me that people think they can track down someones IP address on here just because someone called them a BIT*H. People on here have been called a lot worst and couldn't get a lawyer to find out this info. The only way someone can do this is either hack the site which would be almost impossible! Or if what was said about them was true slander and sometimes that is not even enough. People have a right to tell their opinions and saying someone is a bit*h seems like a opinion to me. I also find it funny someone thought this would scare people, not everyone is as stupid as some would like to think. Also if I might add in the same thread that is suppose to be getting tracked, the one who is "having this done" played the same name calling game so what makes you any better!
Where I live somebody was using somebody elses computer to make posts about people they were mad at and did not delete the cookies. The people went and got a member of law enforcement to investigate who made them. Needless to say he told Topix it was part of a criminal investigation and then went and ratted out the wrong person . Her husband lost his job and she got death threats after this and now refuses to leave her house. And while he was spending his time "spreading gossip and investigating" a teacher was molesting a student at the school he was the officer at. Looks like he should have been worrying about his students instead of who was gossiping on here.. The really bad thing was that it was not the first time the teacher had slept with a student.
Trouble in Tazewell

Palmer, TX

#65 Jul 31, 2010
Emily T wrote:
So many people have tried and failed to get a ip address. It's crazy that people still threaten it on here.
Yes an IP address can be tracked to the area in which the computer is being used.. A Private Investagtor can get an order from a Judge and have it tracked. If you read the terms and conditions it is not against the law to voice an opinion, Lawyers can have them tracked to. No lawyers want to even waist the time to file a Legal law suite and drag it into Court. The whole issue is that once the computer is tracked to a location it the the burden of proff who was using it through those based opinions.. I know this because I made an issue on abortion and the girls parents went crazy and got a local Lawyer to try to press charges and I never violated the terms and conditions of the agreement.. So YES you can track IP address down.. FYI
Trouble in Tazewell

Palmer, TX

#66 Jul 31, 2010
done it be4 wrote:
i have gotten someone 4 slander on here! Its really not all that hard! You just gotta have a damn good lawyer not really expensive either
LOL.. This is a Topic forum and slander is almost impossible to prove... Loke up the meaning.......

“dumbasses”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#67 Jul 31, 2010
Trouble in Tazewell wrote:
<quoted text> LOL.. This is a Topic forum and slander is almost impossible to prove... Loke up the meaning.......
you loke it up
Linda

New Tazewell, TN

#68 Jul 31, 2010
Oh my wrote:
It's funny to me that people think they can track down someones IP address on here just because someone called them a BIT*H. People on here have been called a lot worst and couldn't get a lawyer to find out this info. The only way someone can do this is either hack the site which would be almost impossible! Or if what was said about them was true slander and sometimes that is not even enough. People have a right to tell their opinions and saying someone is a bit*h seems like a opinion to me. I also find it funny someone thought this would scare people, not everyone is as stupid as some would like to think. Also if I might add in the same thread that is suppose to be getting tracked, the one who is "having this done" played the same name calling game so what makes you any better!
AMEN!
WHY Even Ask

Barium Springs, NC

#69 Aug 1, 2010
Sure...if you have a ton of money you want to spend on all the legal wrangling to get it released.

But then, again, like others have already said, that only tracks it to location, not necessarily a specific computer....and even if you did get things to a specific computer...you'd have to prove WHO was using the computer.

Come on folks....why even ask?

It's silly
who cares

Harrogate, TN

#70 Aug 1, 2010
I hate to tell you this but it CAN track you down to YOUR computer. If they have a warrant your provider can tell them whose isp it is, not just the general location. As for deleting cookies and temporary internet files, that's a laugh. Nothing is ever deleted on a computer. The only way to make sure all data is not viewable is to smash the hard drive with a hammer or melt it down. I can pull just about anything you delete back if too much time has not passed.
In short, if you get on the internet and spread lies, they can find you....and not just your general area.
how

Tazewell, TN

#71 Aug 1, 2010
ok idelete a folder by mistake it was a book i was writing and now i cant find where it went to how do i find it.
dude

New Tazewell, TN

#72 Aug 1, 2010
how wrote:
ok idelete a folder by mistake it was a book i was writing and now i cant find where it went to how do i find it.
WTF? Look in your damn recycle bin on your desktop.
Really Happen

United States

#73 Aug 1, 2010
how wrote:
ok idelete a folder by mistake it was a book i was writing and now i cant find where it went to how do i find it.
Did this really happen to you?

If so, it may still be retrievable, if the computer has not been used too much since it happened.

If something like this has happened to you, and the lost info is very important to you, don't turn your computer on again until you (or someone) can attempt the recovery.

There are multiple processes/techniques for recovering deleted files.

Except for checking the little trash-can and undeleting (if it's there)...then these other options are too involved to adequately cover in a post on Topix (it's more than just a "click here then there" type procedure).
KnoxAttorney

Smyrna, TN

#74 Aug 3, 2010
Wow, this thread does nothing but show how ignorant people can be. To track an ISP that has been logged onto a website you first have to get a moderator to do so. There is no outside way of obtaining someones loc through third-party programs or whatever in regards to topix. Given the scope at which topix operates it requires a subpoena or Judicial Order to disclose said information. After sending in the required items a site moderator will contact you. The log entry for the item in question will so an IP address (ex- 22.231.113.64). This number is basically a tracking number that goes all the way to your network. This is where it becomes complicated, There are different types of IP addresses. Static IP being the most common form and the easiest to trace. This is a static number assigned to you by your network administrator. It is YOUR number and cannot be linked to anyone else, if someone is using a computer from your IP address then its your fault and a reflection on your poor judgment. Wireless connections do not matter cause all that does is create a wireless bridge for your network, its still identifiable. The only way that an IP address cannot be traced (or easily done) would be if your running a IP router/masker that bounces your outgoing/incoming packets off of dozens if not thousands of other ip locations. This practice became common in the late 90's due to the boom of illegal music download and increase in Federal tracing for said illegal actions. Hope this helps...
On a side note, Slander can only be prosecuted if you PROVE that it has negatively affected your professional life. If you are a wel-fare pill pusher you really cant say slander has affected you.
concerned

United States

#75 Aug 16, 2010
Trouble in Tazewell wrote:
<quoted text> Yes an IP address can be tracked to the area in which the computer is being used.. A Private Investagtor can get an order from a Judge and have it tracked. If you read the terms and conditions it is not against the law to voice an opinion, Lawyers can have them tracked to. No lawyers want to even waist the time to file a Legal law suite and drag it into Court. The whole issue is that once the computer is tracked to a location it the the burden of proff who was using it through those based opinions.. I know this because I made an issue on abortion and the girls parents went crazy and got a local Lawyer to try to press charges and I never violated the terms and conditions of the agreement.. So YES you can track IP address down.. FYI
You are dealing with a California Contract which does not apply to Tn , Ky etc. It isnt worth a crap.
concerned

United States

#76 Aug 16, 2010
dude wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF? Look in your damn recycle bin on your desktop.
Not so
concerned

United States

#77 Aug 16, 2010
KnoxAttorney wrote:
Wow, this thread does nothing but show how ignorant people can be. To track an ISP that has been logged onto a website you first have to get a moderator to do so. There is no outside way of obtaining someones loc through third-party programs or whatever in regards to topix. Given the scope at which topix operates it requires a subpoena or Judicial Order to disclose said information. After sending in the required items a site moderator will contact you. The log entry for the item in question will so an IP address (ex- 22.231.113.64). This number is basically a tracking number that goes all the way to your network. This is where it becomes complicated, There are different types of IP addresses. Static IP being the most common form and the easiest to trace. This is a static number assigned to you by your network administrator. It is YOUR number and cannot be linked to anyone else, if someone is using a computer from your IP address then its your fault and a reflection on your poor judgment. Wireless connections do not matter cause all that does is create a wireless bridge for your network, its still identifiable. The only way that an IP address cannot be traced (or easily done) would be if your running a IP router/masker that bounces your outgoing/incoming packets off of dozens if not thousands of other ip locations. This practice became common in the late 90's due to the boom of illegal music download and increase in Federal tracing for said illegal actions. Hope this helps...
On a side note, Slander can only be prosecuted if you PROVE that it has negatively affected your professional life. If you are a wel-fare pill pusher you really cant say slander has affected you.
Thank you you have done your home work but you left out a few thing I perfer not to say But it is extremely hard to prove an very expensive.I know I have 2 years of comp.Se thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tazewell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
luke baltrip (Sep '09) 6 hr Grown up 11
Amy 6 hr Amy 1
Sandra Marsee hot 8 hr Yuck 2
rhonda justice 8 hr country mama 1
doc rose office (Dec '12) 9 hr country mama 80
Nikki Bryant deny 9 hr Really 15
sherry leach smith 10 hr triublee 3
Tazewell Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Tazewell People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Tazewell News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Tazewell

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:56 am PST

NFL 9:56AM
Cam Newton (back) probable for Panthers vs. Browns
NBC Sports 9:56 AM
Panthers list Cam Newton as probable for Sunday
NBC Sports10:31 AM
Coach: 'Very confident' Newton starts vs. Browns - NBC Sports
ESPN11:21 AM
Rivera 'confident' Newton will start Sunday
NBC Sports 3:14 PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports