African-American Boys Master the Game of Chess

Nov 14, 2011 Full story: Susan Polgar Chess Blog 30

From left: Justus Williams, James Black Jr., and Joshua Colas. African-American Boys Master the Game of Chess Justus Williams, Joshua Colas and James Black Jr.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Harrisson

Stamford, CT

#2 Nov 15, 2011
LMAO!! OMG this is news? A negro learns how to play chess, will everytime they learn to do something whites do daily, be big news????? That's just sad...

“I can see better with”

Since: Mar 11

my eyes closed

#3 Nov 15, 2011
red neckcrackers only play checkers
Frank

Hamtramck, MI

#4 Nov 15, 2011
Some blacks are geniuses!
Harrisson

Stamford, CT

#5 Nov 15, 2011
Frank wrote:
Some blacks are geniuses!
LMAO!!!!!! Ahahahahahhahahahahhha, you wrong for that!!
Harrisson

Stamford, CT

#6 Nov 15, 2011
NEW FLASH!! This just in, 2 negros have just mastered basic math, stay tuned for further updates.

NEWS FLASH! This just in, not only are negros able to learn basic math, they are also able to learn basic english as well, are white people to blame for this? Stay tuned.

NEWS FLASH! Negro discover's who his father is, find out what prison he is located after the next commercial

“Smokey the Bear is Pissed!”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#9 Nov 15, 2011
Harrisson wrote:
LMAO!! OMG this is news? A negro learns how to play chess, will everytime they learn to do something whites do daily, be big news????? That's just sad...
Chess is a White man's game. By mastering it, all these kids have accomplished is excelling in a game they did not invent. If Blacks want to do something impressive, invent their own version of Chess which is separate and distinct from the White man's version.

The trouble with Negroes is that they can only "mimic" Whites. A handful of them can excel at games the White man invented. But the Chinese have their own unique version of Chess, called Go, which is totally distinct from the White man's game.

In other words, what these boys have accomplished is only "half successful." They've mastered the game of another race. Now the challenge is to create their own game, distinct from what the White man created. Until Blacks do this we will remain pathetic followers, mimicking more successful groups.

Location hidden

#10 Nov 15, 2011
Kashta_Bureh wrote:
<quoted text>
Chess is a White man's game. By mastering it, all these kids have accomplished is excelling in a game they did not invent. If Blacks want to do something impressive, invent their own version of Chess which is separate and distinct from the White man's version.
The trouble with Negroes is that they can only "mimic" Whites. A handful of them can excel at games the White man invented. But the Chinese have their own unique version of Chess, called Go, which is totally distinct from the White man's game.
In other words, what these boys have accomplished is only "half successful." They've mastered the game of another race. Now the challenge is to create their own game, distinct from what the White man created. Until Blacks do this we will remain pathetic followers, mimicking more successful groups.
We don't know who invented what the wm a big liar and thief ..if he evers does invent anything his past will keep a cloud of doubt over it anyway...
MYTH BUSTERS

Australia

#11 Nov 15, 2011
Chess is good

“Smokey the Bear is Pissed!”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#12 Nov 15, 2011
Anti-Chaos wrote:
We don't know who invented what the wm a big liar and thief ..if he evers does invent anything his past will keep a cloud of doubt over it anyway...
As the old saying goes..........history is written by the winners. Since the White man won, he gets to decide who invented Chess and who didn't. Even if Africans did invent Chess(extremely doubtful) since the White man won then Africans will never be given credit for it.

“Try harder :)”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#13 Nov 15, 2011
Kashta_Bureh wrote:
<quoted text>
As the old saying goes..........history is written by the winners. Since the White man won, he gets to decide who invented Chess and who didn't. Even if Africans did invent Chess(extremely doubtful) since the White man won then Africans will never be given credit for it.
You do know that chess originated in India, right... And then expanded in the middle east.

Location hidden

#14 Nov 15, 2011
Anti-Chaos wrote:
<quoted text>We don't know who invented what the wm a big liar and thief ..if he evers does invent anything his past will keep a cloud of doubt over it anyway...
What we do know is that it originated in India, during the Gupta empire,where its early form in the 6th century was known as chatura&#7749;ga, which translates as "four divisions (of the military)": infantry, cavalry, elephantry, and chariotry, represented by the pieces that evolved into the modern pawn, knight, bishop, and rook.

“Freedom”

Since: Jan 10

United States

#15 Nov 15, 2011
Good News!!!
history1

Polska, Poland

#16 Nov 15, 2011
Chess was invented in China, not India. Chinese Chess is known to be about 5000 years old. The version that came out of India dates from around 700 A.D. or so.

Location hidden

#17 Nov 15, 2011
history1 wrote:
Chess was invented in China, not India. Chinese Chess is known to be about 5000 years old. The version that came out of India dates from around 700 A.D. or so.
Oh my bad. But still, white people didn't invent it.
MYTH BUSTERS

Australia

#18 Nov 15, 2011
big mike M wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my bad. But still, white people didn't invent it.
hehe I have those moments. You were on the right track though.

Location hidden

#19 Nov 15, 2011
MYTH BUSTERS wrote:
<quoted text>
hehe I have those moments. You were on the right track though.
yeah. lol

“I can see better with”

my eyes closed

#20 Nov 15, 2011
CaptainCorrect wrote:
<quoted text>Still waiting for the news of a black being able to say "ask" instead of "ax" and "with" instead of "wif".
I'm waiting for a redneck to say chair instead of cheer
MYTH BUSTERS

Australia

#21 Nov 15, 2011
big mike M wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah. lol
Youre lucky u can do martial arts. Im envious.
Thats a fact.

Bye

Location hidden

#23 Nov 15, 2011
MYTH BUSTERS wrote:
<quoted text>
Youre lucky u can do martial arts. Im envious.
Thats a fact.
Bye
Thanks.
Bill

Harrisburg, PA

#28 Jun 1, 2012
Harrisson wrote:
Obviously you don't know how hard it is to MASTER this infernal game so you mindlessly chuckle amd smile contenedly like Alfred E. Newman. Now that is really sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tarrytown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
to whom it may concern (Dec '11) 36 min ecap 8
Growing up in Mamaroneck (Jan '06) Oct 27 bob s 340
grand central restaurant Oct 27 marv 1
Westchester judge resigns after investigation (Jul '07) Oct 24 Pablo Usaga 8
Gray Gables Theatre Workshop, Ossining NY (Jan '09) Oct 23 Plee4139- 4
Man Found Dead on Road in Marion (Dec '06) Oct 21 Cathie 12
Sharing car to go to Larchmont train station Oct 20 joel 1

Tarrytown News Video

Tarrytown Dating
Find my Match