First Prev
of 2
Next Last
What are the options

Tulsa, OK

#1 Oct 25, 2011
Am I the only one that feels like the Talihina water is way over priced for water that we can not drink?
mom

Tulsa, OK

#2 Oct 25, 2011
What are the options wrote:
Am I the only one that feels like the Talihina water is way over priced for water that we can not drink?
mine is so bad we have to buy drinking water turn our ice makers off, i have to clean the tub and stinks out, mostly stinks the whole house smell, our john has dirty rings around it.dont wash white clothes they will stain with the dirty in thr water, those stains does not come out...
Fred

Tulsa, OK

#3 Oct 26, 2011
Why so you hate America?
Whatever

United States

#4 Oct 26, 2011
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Why so you hate America?
Huh?
babybear

Wister, OK

#5 Oct 26, 2011
Yes the water is bad and it is over priced. Water in Talihina is higher than anyother city around check the prices. It is the towns falt get out and go to City Counsel meeting, vote them out of office or you will be paying even higher prices.
Really

Talihina, OK

#6 Oct 27, 2011
babybear wrote:
Yes the water is bad and it is over priced. Water in Talihina is higher than anyother city around check the prices. It is the towns falt get out and go to City Counsel meeting, vote them out of office or you will be paying even higher prices.
You have no idea what you are talking about. Sounds like you need to go to a council meeting and learn something! It is not the highest of any city. Until recently it was the lowest in the state of Oklahoma. Call the city engineers. They can tell you what is being required by DEQ. The Oklahoma Rural Water Board is the one requiring the water rates to be raised. Work should begin on the updated water plant in the next year. I agree that it is hard to pay that price for water when most of the time you can't drink it! I also ruined a load of whites because of the water. I'm not saying it's right I'm saying that as a resident of Talihina I have been to meetings and have spoken to the engineers and they explained about the water and the rates. I have learned alot since moving here. Like, everyone wants to gripe about the town and the council but no one wants to run for election. Most of the time they don't even have an opponent to run against because, like I said, people just want to bitch without knowing the facts or getting involved. Every council meeting I have been to, I have been the only one there. You really can voice your concern during the public forum. Or, you can contact a council member and have something put on the agenda for discussion. Until people get involved for the better of the town not much is going to change. You can sit around and bad mouth everything, but that is not going to improve the town in a positive way. Just saying!!!
Really

Tulsa, OK

#7 Oct 31, 2011
Does just saying mean you can do the same thing you are criticizing?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#8 Nov 7, 2011
Yep
Randy KEITH sr

Tulsa, OK

#9 Mar 24, 2012
Yes the water here such bad not good
one

Tulsa, OK

#10 May 7, 2012
mom wrote:
<quoted text>mine is so bad we have to buy drinking water turn our ice makers off, i have to clean the tub and stinks out, mostly stinks the whole house smell, our john has dirty rings around it.dont wash white clothes they will stain with the dirty in thr water, those stains does not come out...
hey it is may 2012 still that away....
one

Tulsa, OK

#11 May 7, 2012
my water bill is 60.00 + each month i buy my drinking water, i am the only one that lves here ..........
Check this out

United States

#12 May 8, 2012
If the water was turned off you guys would miss it I promise.
haha

Talihina, OK

#13 May 8, 2012
Obviously, as we all take showers daily. Well most of us do, there are some that need to learn to do that.

“*(-_-)*NDN”

Since: Apr 12

Oklahoma

#14 May 8, 2012
yes Talihina water is horrible.... and its not right when you half to pay for water when you cant use it in everyday needs... its stupid...
Really

Talihina, OK

#15 May 8, 2012
I don't know how you don't use it for everyday needs. I still have to flush my toilet, take a shower, wash dishes, wash clothes, etc. If you are buying water to do all of these chores you can afford the water bill better than I can. I don't drink it but I use it throughout the day.
bull

Tulsa, OK

#16 May 11, 2012
Really wrote:
I don't know how you don't use it for everyday needs. I still have to flush my toilet, take a shower, wash dishes, wash clothes, etc. If you are buying water to do all of these chores you can afford the water bill better than I can. I don't drink it but I use it throughout the day.
ring in toilet,dirt in bathtub,dishes in dishwasher dirty like sand all over them,whites are just nasty.
Really

Talihina, OK

#17 May 11, 2012
I'm really sorry that you are having those kinds of problems. I live in town and don't have those issues on an everyday basis. When they flush fire hydrants or have a major water leak the water is disgusting. I have ruined a load of whites during one of those times so I understand your frustration. It is my understanding that the city will be starting construction on their new water plant before the year's end. I can't wait to not have to buy water to drink.
Go tigers

United States

#18 Jul 28, 2012
The water is bad!
Mrs Wise

Tulsa, OK

#20 Jul 29, 2012
The water issue needs fixed its unhealthy.
Rhonda

Tulsa, OK

#21 Jul 30, 2012
The final loan papers have been signed and construction will start very soon on the water plant construction. I understand there were a couple breaks last week and a pump that went down at the water plant. These issues should have been fixed Friday. Please know the city council and city staff are working very hard to correct the problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Talihina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the new improved buffalo valley school system (Aug '09) 5 hr Wants a better BV... 31
talihina cheerleading 9 hr Gossip lady 14
Lies and destruction of evidence from city hall... 9 hr serously 12
Talihina IRS debt 14 hr Lahoma Roebuck 21
Debate: Gay Marriage - Talihina, OK (Jul '10) Wed Brian_G 1,779
Wrecker service Oct 20 Little 8
Computer Repair Oct 19 Ellen 2
Talihina Dating
Find my Match

Talihina Jobs

Talihina People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Talihina News, Events & Info