Comments
41 - 60 of 61 Comments Last updated Sep 29, 2012
howdy

Talihina, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Apr 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Rhonda wrote:
Stop bellyaching and be thankful that the Talihina School board is allowing you to go on a senior trip. This is a privilege not a right. Many seniors in other schools do not have this opportunity.
Perhaps if you do not want to pay the sponsor's families way, you could simply pay them an hourly wage and cover the cost of providing a housekeeper, cook and child care worker for them while they gladly give up these opportunities to allow you to go on this trip!!
what privilege? and about paying sponsor's families way why should they have to I am sure there is plenty of people who would go that has a spouse that can run a home with out there other half there and the seniors are paying all the sponsors cost and that sponsor is not allowing anything these seniors have worked for there right to get to go. I for one would gladly be a sponsor and would not have to take my whole family or worry about things at home.
TFALLEN

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Apr 18, 2012
 
howdy wrote:
<quoted text> what privilege? and about paying sponsor's families way why should they have to I am sure there is plenty of people who would go that has a spouse that can run a home with out there other half there and the seniors are paying all the sponsors cost and that sponsor is not allowing anything these seniors have worked for there right to get to go. I for one would gladly be a sponsor and would not have to take my whole family or worry about things at home.
Sounds fair enough.
hay

Euless, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Apr 24, 2012
 
SADDDDDDDDDDDD wrote:
I think that it is sad that the senior kids can't go on there class trip without the sponsors bringing their extended family, its pretty pathetic. And i heard that if the seniors complain at school about all the extras going they get into trouble by the teachers for gripping about it.
I have heard that one senior boys mother who is a pee-on at the school thinks that her and her mother and father run the senior class, I guess just because her daddy is a Dr. who freaking cares they are not even oklahoma natives they moved her from another state. But she has invited the senior boys brother and sister, his grandparents, his aunt, uncle, and little nepwhew.
Who thinks that this is even right, let this young man grow up, and enjoy his trip ALONE and if they do need this extra chaperone then just mom and dad need to go but not all the extras.
Okay first of all that family does not think they run the sr class or school or anything. The mother is NOT a pee-on. She works hard and a lot of the times the job she does no one else would be able to stand. Yes they're from another state and her daddys not a dr he's a dentist and they did pay their way and the senior in question is not upset that they're going he's excited they are close knit and love eachother and the family was going to go on the same trip this summer and when found out about the sr trip decided just to go then. I am very close to this family and care about them a lot and hearing people gripe only leads me to one conclusion: jealousy. The person who started this topic is probably a disgruntled parent mad because they couldn't chaperone or mad because their kid is a screw up and can't go. Yes that's an assumption but everything you've said was an assumption.
uuh

Talihina, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Apr 26, 2012
 
I don't have problem if the whole town got to go I am just saying ALL SENIORS should be allowed to go on trip as long as they did all fun raisors and paid there money in . It is a once in a life time deal it makes memories that last forever. To me it was or is a Good job type of thing saying YEA you did it, you graduated great job. but some people I guess think other ways and that is there right like I was told this is not the towns school it is the school boards school what they say rules so why fight it, if it dont effect them go with it.
Senior Student

Marshall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Apr 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Okay so obviously none of you people have ever gone on a senior trip at this school. We gave rules for a reason and all the families going on the trip have paid their way to go and have helped work foe our trip since day 1. Its pretty stupid that whoever is commenting on here doesn't even have their facts straight. I have worked and put my time and money in. Another thing is not all students drink and do stupid crap on the trip. Plus who is gonna drink and smoke pot at Disney World? We have 26 sponsors going who have all paid their ways and have worked hard just like the senior class. Those who gotten in trouble are the ones who shouldn't of had their phones out. Thats all I have to say. Don't rain on someone elses parade because your child or you can't go on the trip or don't like the idea.
Senior Student

Marshall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Apr 27, 2012
 
I meant 6 sponsors. Not 26...
grandma

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Apr 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

i pray that all the board will do is stop and think what they are doing. the kids done their time in iss and now they still don't get to go on their trip. SHAME SHAME on the TALIHINA BOARD.... put a stop to the kinfolks going on the trip their not a SR. this year and they haven't work for the money. Just the SR. have, let them all go.
TFALLEN

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Apr 28, 2012
 
uuh wrote:
I don't have problem if the whole town got to go I am just saying ALL SENIORS should be allowed to go on trip as long as they did all fun raisors and paid there money in . It is a once in a life time deal it makes memories that last forever. To me it was or is a Good job type of thing saying YEA you did it, you graduated great job. but some people I guess think other ways and that is there right like I was told this is not the towns school it is the school boards school what they say rules so why fight it, if it dont effect them go with it.
You don't reward trouble makers. There are consequences. If you don't teach kids that now, they won't understand when they keep getting fired from their jobs when they're older.
boo on talihina school

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Apr 28, 2012
 
Senior Student wrote:
Okay so obviously none of you people have ever gone on a senior trip at this school. We gave rules for a reason and all the families going on the trip have paid their way to go and have helped work foe our trip since day 1. Its pretty stupid that whoever is commenting on here doesn't even have their facts straight. I have worked and put my time and money in. Another thing is not all students drink and do stupid crap on the trip. Plus who is gonna drink and smoke pot at Disney World? We have 26 sponsors going who have all paid their ways and have worked hard just like the senior class. Those who gotten in trouble are the ones who shouldn't of had their phones out. Thats all I have to say. Don't rain on someone elses parade because your child or you can't go on the trip or don't like the idea.
So are you saying you take your phone to school but just don't take it out of your pocket or bag?
GeeGee

Talihina, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
May 5, 2012
 
I just think they ALL need to agree on the place that they go because when I went on my senior trip over half the class did not want to go to the place we went, but because of the whiney, "popular" girls", the teachers agreed.
Salt n light

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
May 5, 2012
 
grandma wrote:
i pray that all the board will do is stop and think what they are doing. the kids done their time in iss and now they still don't get to go on their trip. SHAME SHAME on the TALIHINA BOARD.... put a stop to the kinfolks going on the trip their not a SR. this year and they haven't work for the money. Just the SR. have, let them all go.
So ....if a kid does their time and earns the priveledge of going on the sr trip .....and hasn't been convicted of murder or mfg of methamphetamines .....let them go!
If they bring a stinking cell phone to school....give them detention or something! Be rational in punishing these kids! What I'f the kid needed to contact their family or something! Use discretion!
uuh

Talihina, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
May 18, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

so the senoir trip is over and all had fun,I guess.
And whats crazy? After everything was said and done there was a senior girl who did get ISS after January that ended up going on trip. and they say Talihina school don't have favorits??? I guess the rumors are right its all in who you ARE..! I am glad My kid is not letting this bother them.And I am very proud of my kid recieving 4 scholarships and that my kid has had same job for 2years. and does not do drugs..Overall I just want to Thank Talihina School for teaching my child one last lesson- that no matter how HARD you WORK or how GOOD your GRADES are that it is Popularity that gets you what you want...
MIKE

Claremore, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
May 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

that's how it has always been and as long as humans are in charge that's how it will always be
Krieger

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
May 22, 2012
 
I did not have a class trip, but I consider myself lucky, my fathter's senior trip was to Korea. Go check out the monument near the athletic field, and get a little perspective. Maybe I got old, but whiny teenagers just bug crap out of me.
Senior

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
May 28, 2012
 
uuh wrote:
so the senoir trip is over and all had fun,I guess.
And whats crazy? After everything was said and done there was a senior girl who did get ISS after January that ended up going on trip. and they say Talihina school don't have favorits??? I guess the rumors are right its all in who you ARE..! I am glad My kid is not letting this bother them.And I am very proud of my kid recieving 4 scholarships and that my kid has had same job for 2years. and does not do drugs..Overall I just want to Thank Talihina School for teaching my child one last lesson- that no matter how HARD you WORK or how GOOD your GRADES are that it is Popularity that gets you what you want...
What senior girl? Lol was u on the trip. If u got ISS you didn't go that was the simple rules to follow. It wasn't hard.
Rational

Cameron, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
May 31, 2012
 
Salt n light wrote:
<quoted text>
So ....if a kid does their time and earns the priveledge of going on the sr trip .....and hasn't been convicted of murder or mfg of methamphetamines .....let them go!
If they bring a stinking cell phone to school....give them detention or something! Be rational in punishing these kids! What I'f the kid needed to contact their family or something! Use discretion!
There are phones at school and there have been exceptions made for students with extenuating circumstances. They just have to have the parents notify the office in advance. There is no reason why a student can't avoid getting in trouble. Students need to learn how to do the right thing and avoid decisions with bad consequences. That is what is rational.
wrong

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Jun 10, 2012
 
hay wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay first of all that family does not think they run the sr class or school or anything. The mother is NOT a pee-on. She works hard and a lot of the times the job she does no one else would be able to stand. Yes they're from another state and her daddys not a dr he's a dentist and they did pay their way and the senior in question is not upset that they're going he's excited they are close knit and love eachother and the family was going to go on the same trip this summer and when found out about the sr trip decided just to go then. I am very close to this family and care about them a lot and hearing people gripe only leads me to one conclusion: jealousy. The person who started this topic is probably a disgruntled parent mad because they couldn't chaperone or mad because their kid is a screw up and can't go. Yes that's an assumption but everything you've said was an assumption.
how dare you call the kids that didn't get to go screw ups! They are not on here saying anything bad about anyone and you have the nerve to call them screw ups! Until you are perfect and don't make any mistakes you need to watch your mouth!
I C U

Clayton, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Jun 10, 2012
 
I know that one sponser was a mother of one of the seniors and that her husband and daughter went. at least they had a cop on the trip with them. I didn't have a problem with that
a mom

Sapulpa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Jun 10, 2012
 
because there are no cops in florida
TFALLEN

Poteau, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
Jun 12, 2012
 
wrong wrote:
<quoted text> how dare you call the kids that didn't get to go screw ups! They are not on here saying anything bad about anyone and you have the nerve to call them screw ups! Until you are perfect and don't make any mistakes you need to watch your mouth!
Screw ups are people who screwed up. Those "screw ups" can use this as a learning experience so they can change. This is why we have consequences, it helps people learn from those mistakes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Talihina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OK OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 1 hr JAG 74,782
Department of Veterns 2 hr Really 6
Alley closed thanks to Church 3 hr Really 8
Traning camp (Jan '14) 3 hr janice123456 7
Family Search 7 hr Jeanne Burgess 1
15-Year-Old Talihina Twins Missing 8 hr sport 7
ek Wed rahul 1

Search the Talihina Forum:
•••
•••
Talihina Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Talihina Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Talihina People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Talihina News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Talihina
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••