Britton to challenge Leahy for Senate seat

Full story: Bennington Banner

Len Britton has never sought an elected office at any level of government. But with a growing concern over business in Washington, and unhappy with an entitled ruling class, the "armchair politician" from Pomfret has chosen now to begin his political career and challenge one of the most senior members of the United States Senate.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of47
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
NES

Daytona Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2009

I support Len Britton 110%. I agree with what you stand for and where you want to take this. This is something I wish I could take upon myself to do, but being a full time student does not allow for a dedicated campaign at this time. OUT WITH THE OLD....Good Luck Len, Im going to look you up when I am back in Vermont.
nana says

White River Junction, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2009

I don't care - lets just get Leahy out - change our state laws that say no one can serve more than 10 years in the US leg and Sen. We need fresh ideas and people who are more intuned with what is going on and what we need in our state. Our heath care in the state VAPA is the best in the country - Leahy should be voting against any health care that our state has to contribute to and that the people of the state have to pay into. But he is on the ban wagon with the rest of the DEM s in Washington. Lets see if he even knows about VAPA - I think I will call his office today. I have his number on speed dial. This is an issue that needs to be decided on - state by state - like abortion. Texas -AZ-CA-NM those with the highest illeagl Mexicans - should have thier own health plan - for Americans. Cities like Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami with gangs and high crime rate with shootings ect - should have thier own health plan.
We live in Vermont - where we take care of our own - it's always been that way for 300 years. It's unfair to us to be expected to pay into a system that we did not create - live in - tolorate - or wish to be associated with. That's why I live here - I have lived around the country - in many citys including Washington DC with the highest number of homeless who sleep and live just 2 blocks from capital hill????? You have to see it to believe it - but - i am not lying to you. I bet if this health care plan is passed - the homless will still be living 2 blocks from the capital. I bet we still won't have any jobs - I bet the only thing that chances is our taxes for those of us still lucky to be working. When the PRESIDENT says only those making 250,00 and above will pay extra we all know that is lie. It will be all of us paying in no matter what we make - we know nothing is for free unless it's junk! I do not want to pay for someone in our country illegally - for a city letting gangsters take over - for anyone in this country who is not a good citizen.
So yes it time to get Leahy out and the rest of all the Career Politians who have been in DC for 10 or more years. Let them come back into the foll and see what we are like. Most careeer politians however - do not come back to the states they are from - they get jobs as lobbiest - or something in DC.
Should I ask Leahy's office how many blankets they dropped over to all the homeless living over those grates just 2 blocks away? He doesn't care about Vermonters - people in general - he only cares about Leahy.
Pete

Glens Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2009

I would vote for Britton in a heart beat, Leahy is a bumbling fool that needs to be replaced!!
Webber

Essex Junction, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2009

Be sure you check out his website at www.lenbritton.com . Feel free to make a donation today!
Fairbrother

Waitsfield, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

I'm glad to see someone with a little common sense. I just hope he won't get sucked in to where the rest of them are as far as corrupt!
Good luck Mr. Britton!

“Proud American and Vermonter”

Since: Feb 09

Bennington

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

I wonder how far he thinks he will get with no help from the national party?
Real Vermonter

Brighton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

I'm pretty sure he believes he will get all the way to the seat Scotty! Whats the sense of running if you don't think you can win it Scotty? You should know better than asking a question like that Scotty!

Bennington

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

Real Vermonter wrote:
I'm pretty sure he believes he will get all the way to the seat Scotty! Whats the sense of running if you don't think you can win it Scotty? You should know better than asking a question like that Scotty!
Ok, rv how far do you think he's gonna get without support from the national party?
Real Vermonter

Brighton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

Do you mean do I think he will win or not?

Bennington

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

Real Vermonter wrote:
Do you mean do I think he will win or not?
Yes rv, do you think we can win without support from the national party? Because he is not going to have there support nor will he have the support of the Christian Right.

Bennington

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

he can win, not we can win.
Real Vermonter

Brighton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

Support means nothing! It all balances on if it rains, snows or the weather is good on election day! You really don't follow politics do you Scotty?
The Fungus Among Us

Mamaroneck, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

Judged:

Leahy is a filthy Communist and a congenital embarssment to Vermont. Leahy and Saunders both need to find more productive employ.

Bennington

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

Real Vermonter wrote:
Support means nothing! It all balances on if it rains, snows or the weather is good on election day! You really don't follow politics do you Scotty?
Do you recall what happened in New Yorks district #23?
Real Vermonter

Brighton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

Nope! What happened Scotty? Wait! Do you mean the special election? Do you think there could be similar results here? I hate politics!
Right Wing Extremist

Springfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

Judged:

The Fungus Among Us wrote:
Leahy is a filthy Communist and a congenital embarssment to Vermont. Leahy and Saunders both need to find more productive employ.
They first need to understand what "productive employ" means. I don't think either one of them has any idea what it means.

Bennington

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

Real Vermonter wrote:
Nope! What happened Scotty? Wait! Do you mean the special election? Do you think there could be similar results here? I hate politics!
Yes rv, I think the same thing that happened to Dede Scozzafava in New Yorks district #23 will happen to Len Britton. You say you hate politics, why you waisting your time on a forum about politics?

You never did answer the question. Do you think he can win?

Bennington

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

The Fungus Among Us wrote:
So why don't you tell us how you really feel!

And I have to know, Saunders???

Bennington

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

Right Wing Extremist wrote:
<quoted text>
They first need to understand what "productive employ" means. I don't think either one of them has any idea what it means.
Well like I said, with no support from the national party it's going to be very difficult for him to beat Sen. Leahy.
Real Vermonter

Brighton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

I'm bored can't you tell? I think he can win but will he win, probably not! Ya gotta give him credit for trying though! That in itself will give him the drive to make a good run at it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of47
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Taftsville Discussions

Search the Taftsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Chatting with Sis, "Brooke" 12 hr Kaylee 9
The Meaning of Life (Aug '13) Mon Kaylee 4
Chatting with Sis Chloe Mon Vallery 1
April Wilford (Nov '09) Apr 7 Nooneofinterest 3
First storm creates mess (Nov '08) Feb '14 Mike Mulligan 43
boobies Feb '14 hannah 1
Fluoridation Fails as America’s cavity crisis e... Jan '14 Fluoride is Hazardous 1
•••

Flood Warning for Windsor County was issued at April 17 at 5:49AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Taftsville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Taftsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE