Paving Fraud Suspect Arrested

Sep 18, 2008 Full story: Crestline Courier-News 377

One day after a story outlining his allegedly fraudulent deeds appeared on the front page of The Mountain News last Thursday, a man suspected of bilking numerous mountain residents in a paving scheme was ...

Full Story
smokin small

United States

#311 May 18, 2010
Seems like she needs the ol rummy root. Keep running that hot johnie.
sheila labarre wanna be

United States

#314 May 24, 2010
Enjoying my a/c and pool today, have fun working.
Amazed

Perris, CA

#315 May 25, 2010
Now we will see who we hear no reponses from anymore and maybe we should send them their mail in prison?
Amazed

Perris, CA

#316 May 25, 2010
my oh my what a whonderful day.............
stanley

Nuevo, CA

#317 Jun 3, 2010
Amazed wrote:
Now we will see who we hear no reponses from anymore and maybe we should send them their mail in prison?
just to busy makin $$$$$$$$$$
SmartWoman

Gardner, MA

#318 Jun 3, 2010
stanley wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on back to Fitchburg.... police are waiting for you. How stupid do you think I am.
Amazed

Perris, CA

#319 Jun 3, 2010
stanley wrote:
<quoted text>
SURE you are...that's why you are on this blog in the middle of the night..
Tweakerville in Temecula???
Amazed

Perris, CA

#320 Jun 3, 2010
sheila labarre wanna be wrote:
Enjoying my a/c and pool today, have fun working.
You just keep up the work, two thumbs up from me... I happen to like your thinking!!
Hot loader

United States

#321 Jun 4, 2010
u know y ? All my folky love me all my folky love me all my folky love u ain't messin with my dump truck lol
sheila labarre wanna be

United States

#322 Jun 5, 2010
I can't get into the impound yard.
STANLEY

Nuevo, CA

#324 Jun 5, 2010
LA MIGRA LA MIGRA I WILL PICK U UP AT HOME DEPOT TOMORROW
sheila labarre wanna be

United States

#325 Jun 10, 2010
Found it, kaboom!
Derry nh girl

Hampstead, NH

#326 Jun 18, 2010
When I first moved up to NH I was warned about these Gypsies, the STANLEY's and was told about them SCUM< SCAMMERS, RETARDS with mental problems.....Well I have incountered them offering to put leftover stuff from another job and put it on top of a mess to cover it. I have come across them quite a bit in the years I have been here since I own a business they are imbread sometimes changing their names they even put cowboy boots on their 1 year old just like them
stay away people STANLEY's and ACE PAVING suck and I know many people with stories about them
Derry nh girl

Hampstead, NH

#327 Jun 18, 2010
THE STANLEYS wrote:
<quoted text>
Well hello Sheila, how are you? Lets see, most of us are "on the road" in warmer climates as its winter in the Northeast. Had a great new years in Vegas and went to Florida. My cuz george even made it out to hawaii with his crew. Speaking of George, he is the slickest of em all as he slid right through his court sentencing in cal. and gets to keep the vast majority of his cash. By the way, have you had any fires out in your yard lately?
Instead of your names being the Stanley's you should change it to "THE LOSERS"
Derry nh girl

Hampstead, NH

#328 Jun 18, 2010
About 10 years ago, Joshua J. Stanley, then 29, was charged with bilking an 83-year-old Nashua woman by charging her $23,200 to paint two ceilings in her home.

The woman suffered from impaired memory, police reported, and Stanley was accused of repeatedly overcharging her for the job. Stanley eventually pleaded guilty to a theft charge, and was sentenced to 12 months in jail.

Joshua J. Stanley was living at 18 Cross St., Salem, at the time, police reported. That same address has been associated with numerous different paving companies over the years, many of them with questionable reputations.
Derry nh girl

Hampstead, NH

#329 Jun 18, 2010
In August 2004, Epsom police reported that a local resident had been scammed by a paving company run by someone name Stanley. Officers identified a Joseph Stanley, 26, of 18 Cross St., Salem, working for Pro Paving, as a potential suspect, but concluded that whatever had happened was not a crime, but a business dispute, their reports state. The caller reported that the pavers had charged his father $6,300 to coat an 1,800 square foot driveway based on a promised price of $2 per square foot (which should come out to $3,600). Another resident called police because she was suspicious of an offer to pay her driveway with ďleftoverĒ asphalt at $1.50 a square foot, and was warned about possible scams, police report.

The attorney generalís office contacted Sandra Stanley, who sent one of her sons out to respond to the complaint. Sandra Stanley asserted that it hadnít been Pro Paving, but one of her sons, working independently, who had done the driveway. Another son measured the driveway at 2,205 square feet, and the homeowner and Sandra Stanley agreed to settle the matter for a $1,900 reimbursement, reports state.

Later complaints didnít get very far. In 2005, a resident (whose name and address were redacted) complained that Pro-Paving had refused to respond to complaints of shoddy work. For reasons unclear, the Consumer Protection Bureau sent notice of the complaint to 20 Crossing St., Salem, and never received any reply, records indicate.

The same address problem was repeated when the Bureau got another complaint against Pro-Paving in 2008, when Bruce Ranger (address redacted) complained that Sam Stanley, doing business as both Pro-Paving and Samís Sealcoating had paved the driveway for $2,000, and then refused to fix it when it began to crumble to bits soon afterward.
Hot loader

Palmdale, CA

#330 Jun 18, 2010
Sounds like you got to much time on your hands Derry bit#h eat it good cuz we are here to stay you damm folky worry about yourself not us lady
sheila labarre wanna be

Portsmouth, NH

#331 Jun 18, 2010
Looks like another NH resident will be enjoying her gravel driveway. Just say "no" to the Stanleys!
sheila labarre wanna be

Portsmouth, NH

#332 Jun 19, 2010
The truck is parked in a vacant business's lot. I just need a couple of minutes...fireworks or dump truck omlettes? decisions decisions!
Derry nh girl

Hampstead, NH

#333 Jun 20, 2010
hot loader is a hot load of shit

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sun City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Winchester, CA (Sep '10) 5 hr Pink 11
MenifeeCOMMUNITY NOTES: Cyber security competit... 20 hr Concerned Resident 1
Riverside County: Sex-offender ordinance to be ... Fri I know 5
Police Chase Down Bundy Canyon and Helicopter Fri Jamie 3
Review: R G Deck Coatings Inc Thu Annonymous 1
Volunteers Needed to Count Homeless People in L... Dec 18 Joan Lang 1
Review: Positive About Disabled People Dec 14 New Workshop Perris 7

Sun City News Video

Sun City Dating
Find my Match