Carrollton Free Press Standard News | School board opts for bulk packaged meals

Full story: Carrollton Free Press Standard

That comment was made by Carrollton's new superintendent, Dr. David Quattrochi following the approval of a contract providing for school lunches to be prepared in local school cafeterias starting this school year.
Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Aug 12, 2012
Real Life

Dover, OH

#1 Jul 18, 2012
This is such exciting news!!! Thank you to all of the Board for hearing from the students, parents, teachers, and staff on the overwhelming complaints of the pre-packaged foods (I will call it food to be kind). Everything is looking up!!! I am merely one parent and not employed by the school district, but this situation has been talked about now for years. A warm lunch is much more beneficial for the children (our future) than eating sack lunches.

“"You're Ok to me"”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#2 Jul 19, 2012
I'm sorry you never learned to make a tasty and beneficial lunch for your child.
A lunch does not have to be warm to be delicious and healthy...if we wanted warm lunches we just used a thermos.

This generation of parents and students have a rude awakening coming to them very soon!
Real Life

Dover, OH

#3 Jul 19, 2012
Are you kidding me? I am so amazed that you found a way to criticize me when I was complimenting a wonderful decision made by our school Board. The prepackaged meals that offered microwaved pizzas and nuggets turned out too hard to eat or still half frozen. An amazing kitchen staff, who loved and adored the children of this county, previously lost their jobs at the hands of attempting to reduce overhead. Since you criticized me about what food we eat, I am curious if you ever went to the schools and tried it yourself? Did you ever go and watch the children throw it away because they couldn't even eat it, to no fault of the school staff?

You really should consider changing your user name, because for someone who claims to accept people as "euro k 2me", you are very critical. You see, I was not speaking of my child alone, but all of them. This program does not restore the school kitchen that previous generations grew up with, but it is a step in a positive direction to at least something that will improve the day for the kids. P.S. As a matter of fact I still do prefer using a thermos over a microwave.
A Vet

New Philadelphia, OH

#4 Jul 19, 2012
A spoiled parent, I wonder if they could take the life their grandparents had to go through?
Real Life

Dover, OH

#5 Jul 20, 2012
A Vet wrote:
A spoiled parent, I wonder if they could take the life their grandparents had to go through?
Thank you very much for your service to our country and for freedom for others. I have personally never taken those types of sacrifices for granted. My intensions was to congratuate a decision made to better the food served to children in our community. I do agree that many would not be able to live the lives that our grandparents did, as technology (such as on-line newspapers) has and will continue to change our lifestyles. I understand your point, but am truly confused on the applicability, as I was saying that I prefer and am grateful that the students' food with not be "nuked" but prepared the old fashioned way again.
sure

Clyde, OH

#6 Jul 21, 2012
hey life dont pay any attention to euro and vet. they are both christians and practice what they learned in church and from the bible, YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?? they are the epitome of the christian faith and movement. they are ALSO the face of the republican party. after all EVERYONE KNOWS GOD HATED THE POOR THE SICK THE HOMLESS. didnt he say only the rich the hatefull shall get into heaven?? doesnt god say to punish the weak the children?? at least thats the picture im getting after watching all the "christian conservative republicans",like sara,bauchman,paul, romney.so dont worry about what the scourge said BECAUSE THEY ARE CHRISTIANS just ask them. RIGHT EURO??????!!!!
Doctor Spock

Salem, WV

#7 Jul 21, 2012
Wow...did your parents not play with you enough when you were four? Or are you still four?
unknown

Dover, OH

#8 Jul 21, 2012
That's the difference between "Education" and "Indoctrination"!
Real Life

Dover, OH

#9 Jul 22, 2012
Wow everyone. I am sorry that I said I appreciated our school board for improving the food they serve our children. I didn'r expect to be so upsetting to readers.
A Vet

Steubenville, OH

#10 Jul 23, 2012
Nothing to do with religion, just common sence, you wouldn't about that sure. I'm for taking care of yourself, not depending on anyone else or the government for you livelyhood. Sure hasn't figured this out yet.
Sharon

Akron, OH

#11 Jul 23, 2012
Real Life-don't know why everyone is bashing on you. You just stated that you were glad that the kids will be able to have a warm, EDIBLE meal as opposed to the pre-packaged food, which often does taste nasty and is hard as a rock when microwaved. You said nothing about being a spoiled parent who couldn't stand to live like our grandparents did. Obviously, no one has had their happy pill today. Don't take it personally!
unknown

Dover, OH

#12 Jul 23, 2012
unknown wrote:
That's the difference between "Education" and "Indoctrination"!
This comment was meant for "sure", the four year old. Sorry for the confusion.

“"You're Ok to me"”

Location hidden

#13 Jul 23, 2012
Yes, I am Christian...and I know what good-wholesome food is. Please understand that people who feel passionate about their childrens lunch might fare better if they packed a lunch for their children. Lunch from a steam table is rarely as nutritious (or tasty) as one you've packed yourself.

Oh...and I'm also Republican.
Let the bashing begin, "sure from Norwalk".
sure

Montpelier, OH

#14 Jul 29, 2012
euro i knew you were a "christian" AND "a republican" because they are both the same.. YOU "CHRISTIANS OR REPUBLICANS" whatever you call yourself kept quite while thousands of innocent people were blownup in iraq, AND NOW all of a sudden get self rightous and care about loss of "innocent life"when a women CHOOSES to have an abortion. i didnt want MY TAX DOLLARS spent killing innocent iraqis but it happened. roe versus wade settled the abortion or right to choose years ago.you "christians" are against feeding the children, the poor, and taking care of our elderly BUT YOU SURE AS HELL SUPPORT THE SLAUGHTER OF INNOCENT LIFE BY OUR GOVERNMENT. so save it your just another hypocrete or "christian". either way you sure have a hatefull god and religion and affiliations.
Randy Miller

New Philadelphia, OH

#15 Jul 30, 2012
I have many relatives who are christian and Democrats so that point is defused. Sadam was killing hundreds of thousands of men, women and children so when we killed his thugs and captured him they were the innocent? What twisted world do you live in? What christian is against helping and feeding the poor, sick, and those in need. I don't know of any church that is against that. You need to go to church to find out what really happens there. They have a loving god and will love you, despite your thoughts about them.
saywhat

Milton Center, OH

#16 Aug 9, 2012
randy i dont recall ANY INVASION from iraq. not the twin towers or anyplace else in the usa. just because sadam was murdering his people did not give us the right to go in and bomb heavily populated cities and kill thousands of innocent civilians. when did "his thugs" attack america?? when did sadam OR HIS MILITARY ATTACK AMERICA?????? it was up to HIS PEOPLE not us to hold sadamm accountable. our government murdered those people. they are as guilty as sadam im sorry.. for you to think that YOU have the moral right to pick and choose WHO to murder is kind of psyco. you sound like zimmerman you stalk AND ATTACK people then when they ask you why are you stalking me you think you have a right to murder them. iraq and sadam did not attack america radical religious people with your mentality did. we our government slaughtered murdered killed as many or more innocent iraqis as sadam [OH AND WE ALSO CAUSED MORE AMERICAN DEATHS THAN 911 OR SADAM]. so save your bs for the hypocrites called christians on sunday am ok? now after we slaughtered tens of thousands of innocent iraqis and you christians[concervative republicans} sat silent you have enough gall to try and tell a woman ABORTION IS WRONG. REALLY!!!! why didnt "you christians" {republicans] care about the loss of innocent life then?? you my friend are a sick man. if sadam was a murder then so is bush. we attacked an innocent country AND its people THATS A FACT!! so save it cowboy i know right from wrong AND MURDER IS WRONG NO MATTER WHO DOES IT.! our government AND ITS LEADERS are EVERY BIT AS GUILTY AS SADAM thats another fact.
Randy Miller

New Philadelphia, OH

#17 Aug 9, 2012
He harbored and trained terrorists, broke the UN treaty he singed after the first gulf war, 17 times. That said if he broke it once we (UN) had the right to return and finish the job, from the treaty they signed, regardless of WMDs or anything else. Intelligence reports said that Saddam had WMDs, and Saddam said he would use them. We didn't find any, but he had 7 month to move them, probably to Syria. We did find cyren gas in artillery canisters, considered to be a WMD. President Bush got approval from congress twice, with Democrat support, to go into Iraq. So everyone had a hand in it, President Bush could not have sent our military in without congressional approval, so why do you exclusively blame him? I'm sorry you have a selective memory. I know the facts mean nothing to you and I don't expect you to accept them. You have been listening too much the the radical left, what a pity. I don't prejudge so I'll wait for the Zimmerman trial. Abortion, what about the unborn child's rights? It's a person too. I hope you get better, I pray for you.
Julie

Malvern, OH

#18 Aug 9, 2012
Wow. To think that someone would turn an article about the school board into a religious or political soap box is beyond me.
Those posting the unrelated comments obviously have nothing better to do than troll the Internet looking for ways to cause strife.
As for me, I am glad the pre-packaged meals have been eliminated. My children go to these schools and actually stopped eating lunch because the meals were inedible. Packed lunches were brought from home. However there are many households in the area that cannot afford to pack a lunch for the school children in the household. The school board recognized the problem and chose the best solution at the time. Hats off to the new superintendent. I am glad to see the change.
Randy Miller

New Philadelphia, OH

#19 Aug 10, 2012
You're right, but I had to set the record straight with saywhat. The new Superintendent sounds like a down to earth guy. Lets see what other changes he makes for the good of the school.

“"You're Ok to me"”

Location hidden

#20 Aug 12, 2012
I agree, Julie!!!!!!!!! But none of those ramblings mean anything anymore, since Romney picked Ryan as VP.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 min well 49,521
The Clark Oil aftermath/fallout... (Mar '12) 11 min Best Practice 22
who GEORGE SCHLEYER? (May '12) 17 min Dog catcher 31
considering buying home in Berwyn..advice? (Dec '07) 1 hr Peggy 77
B.I.P.D. needs leadership now 2 hr Real Leaders 19
RR track closing 6 hr Dave 2
What happened to the Hillside Shopping Center? (Mar '08) 7 hr Taxpayer for years 516
•••
•••
•••

Summit Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Summit People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Summit News, Events & Info